PDA

View Full Version : Not that it matters . . .

Jacie
10/30/2011, 10:24 AM
. . . but I thought USC's best chance to win last night would have been to take the ball first in OT, which is opposite of what teams that win the OT toss normally do. They trojan defense had already been on the field too long without a break. Their best shot at stopping Stanford would have been to sit them and have their offense try to score for the first OT and maybe after getting their wind back, stop Luck and there would not be a second OT.

You could see that both defenses were gassed and it was an untimely fumble that ended the game, not a stop by either defense.

jumperstop
10/30/2011, 10:35 AM
Their best chance to win was when they got the personal foul after stopping 3 and 8...
Play a little smarter and with a little more control and you have them in 4th and long.

Jacie
10/30/2011, 10:40 AM
Another thing that doesn't matter . . . the sa*et home conference game losing streak is over.

jumperstop
10/30/2011, 10:43 AM
I bet that does wonders for recruiting, playing a game nobody can see on tv....

GreenSooner
10/30/2011, 12:57 PM
Their best chance to win was when they got the personal foul after stopping 3 and 8...
Play a little smarter and with a little more control and you have them in 4th and long.

Their second best chance to win would have been better play calling / clock management in the last series in regulation + kicking a fg to avoid overtime entirely.

Also: given that they just weren't going to stop Stanfurd, could a case be made that SUC should have gone for two in the first OT? Do teams ever do that?

BoulderSooner79
10/30/2011, 01:02 PM
I'm afraid it was my bad on that USC fumble. I could see that both defenses were gassed and and neither team was likely to get a stop in OT, so I was chanting "turnover!" before every USC snap. I almost CANNOT pull for USC. And I went to Stanford for grad school. My wife had to work while I studied at Stanford, so she was chanting with me. The 2 of us chanting pretty much dislodged that ball. Sorry.

BoulderSooner79
10/30/2011, 01:12 PM
Also: given that they just weren't going to stop Stanfurd, could a case be made that SUC should have gone for two in the first OT? Do teams ever do that?

You're new here, right? GreenSooner as in green behind the gills?

GreenSooner
10/30/2011, 01:19 PM
You're new here, right? GreenSooner as in green behind the gills?

Did I really need to add one of these :friendly_wink: to that post?

jumperstop
10/30/2011, 01:26 PM
I'm afraid it was my bad on that USC fumble. I could see that both defenses were gassed and and neither team was likely to get a stop in OT, so I was chanting "turnover!" before every USC snap. I almost CANNOT pull for USC. And I went to Stanford for grad school. My wife had to work while I studied at Stanford, so she was chanting with me. The 2 of us chanting pretty much dislodged that ball. Sorry.
We needed that win....:(

BigTip
10/30/2011, 01:28 PM
If they were really playing heads up, the guy running at the end of regulation shouldn't have tried to make the sideline, instead just slide down at center field and call time out.

Woulda coulda shoulda. We're just mad at suc for not knocking off Stanford.

jumperstop
10/30/2011, 01:31 PM
If they were really playing heads up, the guy running at the end of regulation shouldn't have tried to make the sideline, instead just slide down at center field and call time out.

Woulda coulda shoulda. We're just mad at suc for not knocking off Stanford.
Yes....

BoulderSooner79
10/30/2011, 01:32 PM
We needed that win....:(

I thought you'd be happy me.

:calm:

BoulderSooner79
10/30/2011, 01:38 PM
Did I really need to add one of these :friendly_wink: to that post?

Okay, you got me. I just dropped and gave you 20 pushups.

cvsooner
10/30/2011, 02:07 PM
. . . but I thought USC's best chance to win last night would have been to take the ball first in OT, which is opposite of what teams that win the OT toss normally do. They trojan defense had already been on the field too long without a break. Their best shot at stopping Stanford would have been to sit them and have their offense try to score for the first OT and maybe after getting their wind back, stop Luck and there would not be a second OT.

You could see that both defenses were gassed and it was an untimely fumble that ended the game, not a stop by either defense.I thought Robert Woods should've dropped to one knee in the middle of the field with three seconds left so there was no question about calling timeout and then try the field goal. He absolutely wasted a good two or more seconds trying to get out of bounds when USC had two timeouts. And that would have put the ball in the middle of the field for the kicker. Dumb play by what is otherwise a great player.

cvsooner
10/30/2011, 02:08 PM
I bet that does wonders for recruiting, playing a game nobody can see on tv....It was on my TV here in California. I think most of the country got the game...