PDA

View Full Version : How about Millard's 60 plus yard run

Soonerus
10/30/2011, 12:16 AM
He looked like he could run...

soonercastor
10/30/2011, 12:18 AM
How about TEs getting involved and scoring TDs in the red zone.

SoonerofAlabama
10/30/2011, 12:19 AM
That was awesome. Heupel is starting to get in gear.

soonerman4life
10/30/2011, 12:24 AM
How about TEs getting involved and scoring TDs in the red zone.

The TE's seeing more action, particularly in the redzone, was one to the highlights of the game for me. It was also reassuring to see Roy have a decent game after Dom's injury.

3rdgensooner
10/30/2011, 12:27 AM
That was awesome. Heupel is starting to get in gear.I have been anxiously anticipating Josh's brain to engage. It seems promising.

The TE's seeing more action, particularly in the redzone, was one to the highlights of the game for me. It was also reassuring to see Roy have a decent game after Dom's injury.Agree, Finch was a steady eddie in this game.

yermom
10/30/2011, 12:27 AM
it's not like Ratteree, Hanna and Millard weren't around last year...

VA Sooner
10/30/2011, 12:29 AM
But the tight ends and fullback were missing from the offensive playbook this year compared to last.

yermom
10/30/2011, 12:33 AM
that's what i mean. i was expecting to see them mixed in as much as last year

yankee
10/30/2011, 01:35 AM
See my sig, been there all season long. I WANT MORE TREY F'N MILLARD RUN PLAYS JOSH DAMMIT!!

StoopTroup
10/30/2011, 02:36 AM
Then what about Hunnicutt Nailing that FG right before the Half?

Just so many things that don't seem to make sense when you try to find why one guy starts and another is a Coaches supposed dog the next week.

Why give Ratterree a Scholly and then hardly use him? Why was Hunnicutt kicking off in the 2nd half when we've heard comments about over straining a kicker? LOL Where was Jimmy Stevens last week and yet this week he's suited for an away game? Why suddenly is Bell being used like Tebow on a road game? Why did Travis Lewis make great calls on defense this week but Ronnell could stop everything this week against better talent? Why didn't we get burned on the long pass this week when all they had to do was just chunk it up for grabs last week?

EatLeadCommie
10/30/2011, 02:41 AM
Millard runs for 60 yards and suddenly people think Josh's brain became engaged? I love Josh, guys (in a non gay way, NTTAWWT), but Trey breaking one off really doesn't show anything. I think Josh's playcalling has been pretty awesome for most of the year, but Millard breaking one doesn't suddenly make Josh brilliant. C'mon.

rainiersooner
10/30/2011, 02:41 AM
Then what about Hunnicutt Nailing that FG right before the Half?

Just so many things that don't seem to make sense when you try to find why one guy starts and another is a Coaches supposed dog the next week.

Why give Ratterree a Scholly and then hardly use him? Why was Hunnicutt kicking off in the 2nd half when we've heard comments about over straining a kicker? LOL Where was Jimmy Stevens last week and yet this week he's suited for an away game? Why suddenly is Bell being used like Tebow on a road game? Why did Travis Lewis make great calls on defense this week but Ronnell could stop everything this week against better talent? Why didn't we get burned on the long pass this week when all they had to do was just chunk it up for grabs last week?

This right here is the reason for, and agony of, being a fan. Jeesh - who knows the answer to any of that!!?

Fraggle145
10/30/2011, 02:42 AM
I have been anxiously anticipating Josh's brain to engage. It seems promising.

Agree, Finch was a steady eddie in this game.

To be fair Finch looked like the only person on the team that wanted to play last week, IMHO.

Loved the improvements and more importantly the execution this week.

StoopTroup
10/30/2011, 03:19 AM
This right here is the reason for, and agony of, being a fan. Jeesh - who knows the answer to any of that!!?

Exactly. I've just been trying to enjoy it. Of course last week wasn't enjoyable but anyone that seemed to think they had some sort of answer just got me laughing even though it was awful to see our National Championship hopes take such a brutal beating. Sure there could be a short buzzkill answer here and there but when you started asking all of those....it was overwhelming and shows just how complicated the OU Sooner Playbook is. We have so many people we can send in and then so many ways to use them. I don't think a Professional Pitcher and Catcher in Baseball could throw that many things at each other. Today we seemed to have our hurry up going well and last week it seemed that we didn't and then things got even more complicated. The Offense slowed down and their defense reacted accordingly. The 2nd half things got better just like at KU and KSU but Taco Tech did a better job of dealing with the confusion it seems. Snyder got his *** handed to him this afternoon. Mr. Tubbs seemed to just be concerned with giving us a good run and instead....we dropped the darn game.

When I start wondering about it all I wonder if Josh is calling plays and then Jay Norvell calls a few and then suddenly Bob tosses a wrinkle in and then it looks like the whole puzzle that we are seeing. Each Coach has his favorite and every favorite is pretty talented and the Defenses are trying to figure out who's calling what and when they might see something odd or a Bob Stoops Trick Play. Then all three of them call them in one series. That's the best I can make of what's going on from OUr Coordinator position.....lol

oudavid1
10/30/2011, 03:30 AM
I have not yelled louder this year than when Millard was running. Best play of the year.

cleller
10/30/2011, 07:51 AM
I didn't realize Millard was that fast.

freshchris05
10/30/2011, 08:25 AM
Hustlin' Hustlin' Hustlin' Hustlin' Hustlin'

SunnySooner
10/30/2011, 09:06 AM
It's always funny to me to watch someone that big turn on the jets, it's just unexpected. It cracked me up, great run, hope we see more!!

Jacie
10/30/2011, 10:10 AM
It didn't hurt that by the fourth quarter, the KSU defense was pretty resigned to covering the Sooner receivers and were probably pretty gassed. By that point it would have been more merciful to have Drew Allen go out there and throw the ball rather than hand it off . . .

rekamrettuB
10/30/2011, 10:33 AM
Millard runs for 60 yards and suddenly people think Josh's brain became engaged? I love Josh, guys (in a non gay way, NTTAWWT), but Trey breaking one off really doesn't show anything. I think Josh's playcalling has been pretty awesome for most of the year, but Millard breaking one doesn't suddenly make Josh brilliant. C'mon.

Ya, especially when he was lined up at tailback just as Finch, Clay, Whaley, Williams, etc have played all year. It wasn't a fullback run play.

BlownGP
10/30/2011, 10:44 AM
That aint the point. The point he was actually in the game and got the ball..

We need to use these guys more, not only do teams have to worry about Ryan, Stills and now Jaz, but TE's that can catch and run kills team. Just look at my Saints and Jimmy Graham. Its hurts teams bad.

picasso
10/30/2011, 02:50 PM
He looked like he could run...
Apparently he can at least go 60 yards. That's a long way to have to run.

cccasooner2
10/30/2011, 03:29 PM
That aint the point. The point he was actually in the game and got the ball..

We need to use these guys more, not only do teams have to worry about Ryan, Stills and now Jaz, but TE's that can catch and run kills team. Just look at my Saints and Jimmy Graham. Its hurts teams bad.

Not impressed. :D

SoonerofAlabama
10/30/2011, 04:41 PM
Now that we know Millard can run. Here's an idea for a new package. We put Allen in at QB, then put all 5 of our FBs in the game with Millard at HB. Go wishbone, and BAM, TD.

Also, this is a joke.

SoonerMarkVA
10/30/2011, 04:43 PM
How about it? It completely friggin' ROCKED!

I'd like to see him get more carries out of the FB position, too. That should help loosen those LBs up a bit, give 'em a bit more to have to account for.

hawaii 5-0
10/30/2011, 04:44 PM
Tho I loved seeing Millard get the ball some and score a long TD, I was most impressed with OU's Red Zone Offense.

5-0

collegefbfan
10/30/2011, 04:46 PM
Yeah

Dan Thompson
10/30/2011, 06:05 PM
I thought he was going to run out of gas before he could score.

cvsooner
10/30/2011, 06:07 PM
Why was Hunnicutt kicking off in the 2nd half when we've heard comments about over straining a kicker?Hunnicutt only kicked off once, into the wind. I think it was due to the fact that he gets some air into the thing and is more accurate than O'Hara. So they were trying to hang the ball up in the air and let the defense cover it. Much like a punt.

dennis580
10/30/2011, 06:35 PM
I was really amazed by Millards run. Extremely impressive.

Keller Sooner
10/30/2011, 07:31 PM
I know one thing, I'm sure glad it wasn't me between him and the goal line. :smile: