PDA

View Full Version : Kejaun Jones

soonerman4life
10/28/2011, 07:49 PM
I ran into Kejaun while I was out and about in Tulsa the other day. I've never had the opportunity to meet him. Real nice guy, humble, and still in great shape.

Just thought I'd throw that tidbit out there.

bssooner1
10/28/2011, 08:35 PM
Best high school running back I've ever seen. I will never forget how giddy I was watching him beat Union his last year (I believe) when he ran back the kickoff and had committed to us. If only he laid out against LSU.

picasso
10/28/2011, 08:42 PM
Or Kejuan.

8timechamps
10/28/2011, 08:47 PM
Loved Kejuan! Since he was in the AD era, he didn't get as much attention as he may have otherwise. He was at OU while AD and Tashard Choice (pre Georgia Tech) was there...add Jacob Gutierrez, and that's a pretty stout backfield.

soonerman4life
10/28/2011, 09:10 PM
Loved Kejuan! Since he was in the AD era, he didn't get as much attention as he may have otherwise. He was at OU while AD and Tashard Choice (pre Georgia Tech) was there...add Jacob Gutierrez, and that's a pretty stout backfield.

Stoud indeed. With those guys around it made it pretty tough to stand out as a premier back. One of Kejuan's best games was the 2003 (I think) ta&m game. He had 100+ rushing yards and the Sooners won 77-0.

StoopTroup
10/28/2011, 09:56 PM
Great guy. He's always been nice to my kids when they see him. I'm glad he's doing well.

StoopTroup
10/28/2011, 10:00 PM
Back in the day when KJ and Renaldo were tearing it up....man we all got to see some good football.

Renaldo Works, backup RB, comes in towards the end of the game to help the Oklahoma Sooners avoid the upset with a huge run down to the 7 yard line. The unranked Alabama Crimson Tide were winning 27-23. On the next play, Kejuan Jones ran right down the middle for a TD. Eric Bassey would later return a fumble by Alabama's QB for a TD in the game's closign seconds for a final score of Oklahoma 37, Alabama 27.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zMnb4G_zi4

oumartin
10/28/2011, 10:15 PM
Was that back when our offense run blocked and wasn't one gimmick after another? Didn't we have a field goal kicker then too?
Oh, and wasn't that back when our defense walked around with an attitude?

Man, those were the days huh

Okie35
10/28/2011, 10:16 PM
Was that back when our offense run blocked and wasn't one gimmick after another? Didn't we have a field goal kicker then too?

We also got beat by KSU then. :(

oumartin
10/28/2011, 10:23 PM
and back to back losses to OSU and gettting beat by A&M...

I'm just sayin' it looked more like big boy football than that **** we run out there now

stoops the eternal pimp
10/28/2011, 10:26 PM
That football is somewhere else now and big12 is the old WAC

Okie35
10/28/2011, 10:31 PM
and back to back losses to OSU and gettting beat by A&M...

I'm just sayin' it looked more like big boy football than that **** we run out there now

true I do miss when we had a consistent run game, the offense has changed a lot since then

picasso
11/1/2011, 11:14 PM
He came by my brother's house last night in midtown, with his old lady and some kids trick or treating. I said hi.

OUdrewDU
11/2/2011, 05:25 AM
haha

jkjsooner
11/2/2011, 08:44 AM
true I do miss when we had a consistent run game, the offense has changed a lot since then

I guess I remember 2003 differently than you guys. If anything the run game was pretty inconsistent that year and we were throwing the ball like crazy.

After the losses to KSU and LSU the emphasis for 2004 was the running game. (Of course we added AD which helped a lot.)

If anything we've emphasized the run more the last 5 or 6 years than we did early in the 2000's. It doesn't mean we've always been successful but it has been an emphasis.

Now if you're talking about 2002 then we still had Q which helped...

Also as far as kicking goes, I remember DiCarlo being really good one year and kinda falling apart the next.

sooner518
11/2/2011, 08:56 AM
remember watching him play basketball against my freshman bball team at Memorial when he wwent to Hale. He was a real good player. really short but quick and strong.

Watching that Jenks/Union game, when he ran that kickoff back was one of the most amazing plays Ive ever seen. unreal game. anyone have a video of that? I'd love to see the last few minutes of that game.

sooneron
11/2/2011, 09:44 AM
NO ONE could do the hookem down better than old KJ!

Sooner Among The Pack
11/2/2011, 09:48 AM
One of my favorite memories from Owen Field...

<--Avatar...

After Renaldo Works took that shovel pass 39 yards against Bama, the student section was going absolutely bonkers. We were falling over each other celebrating. Then, we all screamed "GIVE IT TO KEJUAN!!!!" and he punched it in for the go ahead score.

Now that was an afternoon!

cccasooner2
11/2/2011, 10:29 AM

Yes, a couple of weeks following that Alabama game in Norman, we saw the beginning of South Florida's rise in which they lost the game 31-14 but whipped our **sses up and down the field, but turnovers and critical penalties from running the hurry-up no-huddle offense gave the advantage back to OU. They held OU to 239 total yds with 45 rushing yds on 33 attempts.

cccasooner2
11/2/2011, 11:49 AM
remember watching him play basketball against my freshman bball team at Memorial when he wwent to Hale. He was a real good player. really short but quick and strong.

Watching that Jenks/Union game, when he ran that kickoff back was one of the most amazing plays Ive ever seen. unreal game. anyone have a video of that? I'd love to see the last few minutes of that game.

This was the closest I could find, it's the #1 at the end of the top six. I've seen a more complete vid of that KJ TD recently (last 3 months) but can't find it.

ncKAZYOb8FY

jkjsooner
11/2/2011, 01:02 PM
Yes, a couple of weeks following that Alabama game in Norman, we saw the beginning of South Florida's rise in which they lost the game 31-14 but whipped our **sses up and down the field, but turnovers and critical penalties from running the hurry-up no-huddle offense gave the advantage back to OU. They held OU to 239 total yds with 45 rushing yds on 33 attempts.

And we had -23 rushing yards against Alabama.

PalmBeachSooner
11/2/2011, 01:20 PM
That football is somewhere else now and big12 is the old WAC

It's all Mike Leach's fault.

cccasooner2
11/2/2011, 01:55 PM
And we had -23 rushing yards against Alabama.

:D

That was Kevin Wilson's 1st year here as co-OC and the O-line coach. I remember they didn't have much confidence running the ball early in the year but picked up a variation of the shotgun draw that Alabama ran. Q went wild once they put that in.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/2/2011, 01:57 PM

We didn't run block until 2002 when we added Kevin Wilson who was also responsible for every offense we've had until this year. We won a National Championship where our leading rusher had 700 yards in 13 games.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/2/2011, 01:59 PM
:D

That was Kevin Wilson's 1st year here as co-OC and the O-line coach. I remember they didn't have much confidence running the ball early in the year but picked up a variation of the shotgun draw that Alabama ran. Q went wild once they put that in.

Ah yes. The days when we had 6 OL on the whole roster because we lost 3 every spring to attrition. I still have no idea how we won so many games during that period.

OUmillenium
11/2/2011, 02:02 PM
I think he is selling cars. he waa coaching some 9th football at Jenks a couple of yrs ago. bobby Klink is coaching at muskogee now