PDA

View Full Version : Why are farts funny?

8timechamps
10/27/2011, 04:06 PM
I'm over 40, and I still laugh at farts. Last night, I was trying to explain to my girlfriend why guys think farts are funny, and I got the usual female response "that's so immature!". Don't get me wrong, I'm not crop dusting her or giving her the dutch oven treatment, but when I have my boys, it's automatic that farts are funny.

Is it because it's not socially acceptable to fart around people? If that's the case, why don't we (men) double over in laughter when we see boobies?

jumperstop
10/27/2011, 04:07 PM
Cause my lady hates em'

jumperstop
10/27/2011, 04:08 PM
I've over 40, and I still laugh at farts. Last night, I was trying to explain to my girlfriend why guys think farts are funny, and I got the usual female response "that's so immature!". Don't get me wrong, I'm not crop dusting her or giving her the dutch oven treatment, but when I have my boys, it's automatic that farts are funny.

Is it because it's not socially acceptable to fart around people? If that's the case, why don't we (men) double over in laughter when we see boobies?

If someones titty popped out of their **** I probably would be cracking my **** up.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/27/2011, 04:12 PM
It's DNA..We're born loving farts...Once my measuring unit becomes more nationally recognized, I will be considered a pioneer in fart science.

NormanPride
10/27/2011, 04:14 PM
Women are genetically predisposed to have terrible senses of humor*, so don't listen to them in matters of the laugh.

*I have no proof of this whatsoever.

3rdgensooner
10/27/2011, 04:21 PM
Boys are weird

8timechamps
10/27/2011, 04:37 PM
If someones titty popped out of their **** I probably would be cracking my **** up.

I'm trying to add the missing word, but I'm just confused.

Pricetag
10/27/2011, 10:02 PM
It's the ripple of the cheeks. There's nothing funny about a dog fart, is there? It's because they don't have cheeks.

jumperstop
10/27/2011, 11:03 PM
Sh!t both times....like **** as in shirt I guess. I should really cut back on the profanity. Making things confusing

nighttrain12
10/27/2011, 11:54 PM
So blind people can enjoy them too?

starclassic tama
10/28/2011, 12:38 AM
they sound funny, smell funny, make people look funny when they perform a fart. just good stuff all around

cleller
10/28/2011, 08:44 AM
Maybe they're funny if its a bunch a guys sitting in the dugout. When you can't write a TV show without jokes about them, not funny.

rekamrettuB
10/28/2011, 08:47 AM
I'm over 40, and I still laugh at farts. Last night, I was trying to explain to my girlfriend why guys think farts are funny, and I got the usual female response "that's so immature!". Don't get me wrong, I'm not crop dusting her or giving her the dutch oven treatment, but when I have my boys, it's automatic that farts are funny.

That's the answer right there...we're dudes. We're immature. Want a mature mate in life...become a lesbian.

Lott's Bandana
10/28/2011, 10:17 AM
It's DNA..We're born loving farts...Once my measuring unit becomes more nationally recognized, I will be considered a pioneer in fart science.

Speak more of this.

Is a Stratham a measure of decibel, length of sound, stank intensity or hangtime? Or all of them at once?

Are they like the Richter scale and double or is the measurement linear?

How many Strats are possible...like scale of 1 - 10 or what?

Perhaps this needs a thread.

Lott's Bandana
10/28/2011, 10:18 AM
It's the ripple of the cheeks. There's nothing funny about a dog fart, is there? It's because they don't have cheeks.

My dog's farts make me laugh uproariously.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/28/2011, 10:21 AM
Speak more of this.

Is a Stratham a measure of decibel, length of sound, stank intensity or hangtime? Or all of them at once?

Are they like the Richter scale and double or is the measurement linear?

How many Strats are possible...like scale of 1 - 10 or what?

Perhaps this needs a thread.

A statham is measured in strength of smell, heat generated, and reaction of surrounding environment..

A statham(named after Jason Statham) goes on a 1-5 scale with a 5 being the goal..

Lott's Bandana
10/28/2011, 10:23 AM
Statham...got it.

So sound has no seat at this table, alas.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/28/2011, 10:24 AM
Yeah, sound is humorous, but the effective fart often lacks sound...When you get a reaction like "WTF was that?", you truly have encountered the spirit of the Statham.

rekamrettuB
10/28/2011, 10:37 AM
So blind people can enjoy them too?

Wrong question.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/28/2011, 01:29 PM
2 stathams...smell is strong, very hot, but no one around...

8timechamps
10/28/2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah, sound is humorous, but the effective fart often lacks sound...When you get a reaction like "WTF was that?", you truly have encountered the spirit of the Statham.

Sound is directly related to humor. Smell has the inverse effect. Example: If you and I were on a plane, and you farted really loud, it would be funny. If, on the other hand, there was no sounds, but a massive stench, that would not be funny.... except to the fart-or.

KantoSooner
10/28/2011, 02:08 PM

As founder and president of the NAFFA (North American Free Flatch Association - an organization dedicated to the removal of primitive social constaints on the healthy expression of one's gaseous opinions), I wanted to let you know that the 'Statham' will be considered at the annual meeting to be held December 18. You should be notified by mail regarding the actions taken within two weeks after that date.

Lott's Bandana
10/28/2011, 02:21 PM
Does a Statham get downgraded if there is liquidity involved?

I mean, wouldn't a bingo-dob be a disqualifier?

jumperstop
10/28/2011, 02:22 PM

A shart....you got to be careful when let a juicy one rip sometimes.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/28/2011, 02:28 PM

Once a fart becomes a shart, now we are talking about 2 different things...

8timechamps
10/28/2011, 06:31 PM
Once a fart becomes a shart, now we are talking about 2 different things...

Yeah, completely different animals. Shart's are much funnier after the fact. At the actual time of said Shart, there is no humor...at all.