PDA

View Full Version : A typical fall Sat for the OU fan...

Soonerjeepman
10/27/2011, 11:26 AM
obviously it contains the game, the before the after...and all the glory in between...
I'm 47, never went to OU, grew up with Thanksgiving being spent at my grandparents in Medford Okla...it was turkey, family, then USUALLY a beating of the huskers...then family football or woffle ball outside...GREAT TIMES!

I use to live and die for OU football...literally...then maturity happened (not til about 10 yrs ago! LOL)

I love the ups of a great play...or win and the the lows of a bad play or loss...it's a game played by 18 - 22 (except grandpa weeden) yr olds...coached by guys making more money in 1 yr (Bob's 4.??? million) than I'll make in my lifetime....

I saw a guy at church last week...physically challenged...prob close to my age or a little older...and thought this guy has probably never done what I've done...hiked for 10 days at Philmont with my son this yr, played ball with my daughter...hell even had kids...it's all in perspective...

do I complain and say "wth did (name of current QB) just do?" yup...but in the end it's just a game and a good time of highs and lows...

OU fans believe "this is the year for #8"...EVERY YEAR....is this good? bad? neither...it's FUN!

Headed to Manhattan Sat...should be a good game, no one hurt, either side..hopefully a win...but either way there is nothing I can do but cheer and be a good sport.

BOOMER SOONER!!!