PDA

View Full Version : Personally I'd rather have a conference network

LASooner
10/27/2011, 02:20 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7154023/oklahoma-sooners-confused-talks-big-12-network

Direct TV, Dish Network and other national carriers are less likely to carry these individual networks, but they already carry the Big-10 network, having your network penetrate more than the southwest seems a much better deal all the way around. But why does Boren need to say anything about this right now, hasn't he said enough lately?

(http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7154023/oklahoma-sooners-confused-talks-big-12-network)

oudavid1
10/27/2011, 02:27 AM
Id rather just have no extra networks and keep it the way it is. All this money is really just fuggin things up.

agoo758
10/27/2011, 02:48 AM
Conference networks = fewer games on TV you don't have to pay extra for. No thanks for me.

LASooner
10/27/2011, 03:07 AM
I'd rather pay $5 extra than $40 to watch Ball State

John Kochtoston
10/27/2011, 04:00 AM
A conference network makes way too much sense for the Big 12 to implement.

SoonerMarkVA
10/27/2011, 06:45 AM
The management of this conference is a huge embarrassment.

Tear Down This Wall
10/27/2011, 09:08 AM
From Boren and Castiglione's comments yesterday, it seems that they don't understand Longhorn Network will fail.

What is it these two aren't seeing? I believe that their belief in some future Sooner Network is the reason they have decided to stay in a watered down league.

The risk is stupid. And, if we are waiting six years because that's what we agreed to to keep the conference together...in six years, cable may be gone as we know it. And, if not totally gone, just awash in a sea of a la cart television choices.

Doesn't OU have a journalism/mass comm school? You know, the old Radio/TV degree? Is anyone awake up there?

cvsooner
10/27/2011, 11:15 AM
Doesn't OU have a journalism/mass comm school? You know, the old Radio/TV degree? Is anyone awake up there?Okay, this is really a topic for another forum, but the J School is pretty much all gloss and no substance since the influx of Gaylord dollars. So don't expect any great wisdom from there. And I say this as a J-school alum.

yermom
10/27/2011, 11:38 AM
From Boren and Castiglione's comments yesterday, it seems that they don't understand Longhorn Network will fail.

What is it these two aren't seeing? I believe that their belief in some future Sooner Network is the reason they have decided to stay in a watered down league.

The risk is stupid. And, if we are waiting six years because that's what we agreed to to keep the conference together...in six years, cable may be gone as we know it. And, if not totally gone, just awash in a sea of a la cart television choices.

these are also my thoughts. i'm not sold on a la cart, but things are certainly changing with streaming tech. i really hope that hanging on to the idea of a big $$$ contract for an OU network isn't the reason we are sticking with the Big 12

delhalew
10/27/2011, 11:40 AM
They said on the SA that Boren wants the lock for ten years, and he is using a reduced 6 year rights lock as leverage to get Lville instead of WVU. I'm getting tired of his crap. Why hire an AD?

Herr Scholz
10/27/2011, 11:47 AM
"Just get the same contract for everybody. Everybody's equal," Pickens said. "If you'd have had that, you wouldn't have lost the (Texas A&M) Aggies, you wouldn't have lost Nebraska and Colorado and it looks like Missouri's going. But it's because things are not equal is what it is."

I know UT, OU, A&M and Nebraska all voted for unequal revenue sharing. Not sure about Mizzou and CU but I believe that vote was 11-1. Not sure this T Boone guy is in touch with reality. Anyway, the new Big XII has said Tier 1 and 2 rights will be shared equally.

EatLeadCommie
10/27/2011, 12:00 PM
I say make the conference network and shut UT out of its revenues, yet be sure to include as many UT games on it (2) as are currently on the LHN. Screw them.

Herr Scholz
10/27/2011, 12:06 PM
Why not just get your own channel? I thought that was in the works.

Tear Down This Wall
10/27/2011, 01:08 PM
They said on the SA that Boren wants the lock for ten years, and he is using a reduced 6 year rights lock as leverage to get Lville instead of WVU. I'm getting tired of his crap. Why hire an AD?

Good question.

He's making it awfully hard to get out if the whole thing continues down the failpath it's currently on...leverage for Louisville over West Virginia? TCU already on board. Six to 10 years. Wow.

What's the saying, "To err is human, to really screw things up takes an attorney"? Boren is fitting the description nicely. From getting slam dunked by the basketball conference to shilling for schools that add no real TV or recruiting paths, he's really taking the lead being punked.

Tear Down This Wall
10/27/2011, 01:14 PM
I say make the conference network and shut UT out of its revenues, yet be sure to include as many UT games on it (2) as are currently on the LHN. Screw them.

They've already got their revenue source. That's the thing. They don't give a crap.

The only way to screw them is to leave the conference and make them try to sell the pitiful remnant of the Big 12! We're not willing to do it. Our leadership is so stupid, they are playing along with Texas at this point.

So, now there's a fight between us about whether to take West Virginia or Louisville? They both add a big bag of nothing to the conference. DeLoss absolutely has Boren chasing his tail.

Louisville or West Virginia. Other than them, who gives a crap? If either one of them were worth a damn the Big East wouldn't be falling apart to the degree that they were begging on Houston and SMU!

Crazy.

Herr Scholz
10/27/2011, 01:17 PM
Is this because Boren and Mitch McConnell from KY are cronies?

OUNASH
10/27/2011, 02:41 PM
Is this because Boren and Mitch McConnell from KY are cronies?

Herr, You are right. There is talk here in Louisville that McConnell's ties to Boren will get them in the Big XII.