PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma State BCS Title Game bound.....

SteelClip49
10/26/2011, 10:13 AM
I saw a Rivals bowl projections thread but not a Phil Steele one so here you go:

http://www.philsteele.com/bowls/11-12/bowlprojections.html

Still plenty of football left but God help all of us if Aggy plays for it all.

jumperstop
10/26/2011, 10:18 AM
How do we get into the Fiesta if we lose another to OSU? I guess we would still be the second best choice in the conference but still...If this happens I will first puke everywhere, and then admit myself to an insane asylum....

thecynic
10/26/2011, 10:22 AM
There's a Beef O"Brady's bowl? wtf?

DCSooner
10/26/2011, 10:26 AM
PISTOLS FIRIN G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCSooner
10/26/2011, 10:28 AM
I saw a Rivals bowl projections thread but not a Phil Steele one so here you go:

I voted for Oklahoma to beat UCONN in the Fiesta Bowl. Your vote counts.

sooneron
10/26/2011, 10:29 AM
Sweet! ATM could lose to two sec teams before they even join the conference!

rekamrettuB
10/26/2011, 10:34 AM
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl....:encouragement:

Mississippi Sooner
10/26/2011, 10:37 AM
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl....:encouragement:

Sponsored by Denise Austin!

I guess that's still better than the Humanitarian Bowl.

The Maestro
10/26/2011, 11:08 AM
The funniest scenario is this...let's say LSU loses a close game to Bama and that is their only loss. Let's assume Boise remains unbeaten. We rally back to the OSU game 10-1 and OSU comes in 11-0 and ranked 2nd in the nation.

If we beat them with the above scenario, they will go from national title game...to NOT even in a BCS game.

LSU and Boise would get the two at large bids...OSU will be headed to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl at 11-1. OU, Bama, Boise, LSU, ACC winner, Pac 12 winner, Big East winner and Big 10 winner would be your BCS teams.

Now that would be typical aggie.

deweydw
10/26/2011, 11:39 AM
The Fiesta Bowl is listed as BCS Big 12 Champ vs BCS At-Large. If we're the BCS Big 12 Champ. How does aggy get to the BCS NC?

rekamrettuB
10/26/2011, 11:41 AM
The Fiesta Bowl is listed as BCS Big 12 Champ vs BCS At-Large. If we're the BCS Big 12 Champ. How does aggy get to the BCS NC?

The same way every #2 team makes it to the NC game. Fiesta would lose the big 12 champ and then have to pick up an at-large and it wouldn't have to be OU.

ocsooner
10/26/2011, 11:45 AM
The funniest scenario is this...let's say LSU loses a close game to Bama and that is their only loss. Let's assume Boise remains unbeaten. We rally back to the OSU game 10-1 and OSU comes in 11-0 and ranked 2nd in the nation.

If we beat them with the above scenario, they will go from national title game...to NOT even in a BCS game.

LSU and Boise would get the two at large bids...OSU will be headed to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl at 11-1. OU, Bama, Boise, LSU, ACC winner, Pac 12 winner, Big East winner and Big 10 winner would be your BCS teams.

That makes me laugh :)

Sooner Among The Pack
10/26/2011, 02:23 PM

Circa 2007 Mizzou. That would be funny.

CowboyMRW
10/26/2011, 03:16 PM
If yall go ahead and let us win this year, I would be happy to vacate that 2001 victory in place for one this year :smile:

silverwheels
10/26/2011, 03:20 PM

There are 10 slots for the BCS, not 8. OSU would still probably get in unless there were a bunch of more appealing 1-loss teams fanbase-wise.

The Maestro
10/26/2011, 03:39 PM
If yall go ahead and let us win this year, I would be happy to vacate that 2001 victory in place for one this year :smile:

I don't even hate OSU anymore. You have to respect the job Gundy has done. I never thought he was the man for the job. T. Boone's money didn't hurt. If they beat us I sure as hell will pull for them. Tired of the SEC ego...

The Maestro
10/26/2011, 03:40 PM
There are 10 slots for the BCS, not 8. OSU would still probably get in unless there were a bunch of more appealing 1-loss teams fanbase-wise.

Why did I forget that? I'm an idiot.

budbarrybob
10/26/2011, 03:52 PM
I don't even hate OSU anymore. You have to respect the job Gundy has done. I never thought he was the man for the job. T. Boone's money didn't hurt. If they beat us I sure as hell will pull for them. Tired of the SEC ego...
You kiss your momma with that mouth!! :O

silverwheels
10/26/2011, 03:54 PM

But living in OK with OSU fans still makes it hard to cheer for them. If you take their comments and behavior in a vacuum, you'd think they were the greatest program of all time and absolutely owned OU. They're as unbearable as ever.

Why did I forget that? I'm an idiot.

Sometimes when we dream of scenarios where OSU aggies it up, the orange clouds our brains a little bit. Happens to everyone.

jumperstop
10/26/2011, 04:18 PM
But living in OK with OSU fans still makes it hard to cheer for them. If you take their comments and behavior in a vacuum, you'd think they were the greatest program of all time and absolutely owned OU. They're as unbearable as ever.

Sometimes when we dream of scenarios where OSU aggies it up, the orange clouds our brains a little bit. Happens to everyone.

I haven't heard much OSU **** talking, of course I've tried to avoid them since the loss.

The Maestro
10/26/2011, 04:31 PM
Yeah, not living in Oklahoma I guess helps avoid aggie. Other than about three friends on facebook who are OSU fans...two who are really good friends who never talk any ****...I guess I never have to deal with it. I can understand that.

Let's just hope we win out and don't have to decide if we can stomach pulling for OSU in the title game. Only way they get there is if they beat us. No thanks.

jumperstop
10/26/2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah, not living in Oklahoma I guess helps avoid aggie. Other than about three friends on facebook who are OSU fans...two who are really good friends who never talk any ****...I guess I never have to deal with it. I can understand that.

Let's just hope we win out and don't have to decide if we can stomach pulling for OSU in the title game. Only way they get there is if they beat us. No thanks.

I'll root for them if they make it, but I not rooting for them to make it.

Pricetag
10/26/2011, 05:02 PM
An SEC team is due for a WTF let down in the BCS game. If OSU made it, they'd probably end up winning.

CowboyMRW
10/26/2011, 05:11 PM
I haven't heard much talking this year from either fanbase really. I think a major part of OSU this year is 1. You have 8 straight scoreboards on us and 2. We don't want to jinx what could be a magical season for us.

OhU1
10/26/2011, 06:03 PM
I agree with Cowboy, seems like more mutual respect this year.

Seems a little "Aggie" to fret about the prospect of OSU making the title game. If we beat them and they don't go. If OSU wins they deserve it and I'll be rooting hard for them to bring the title home to the State of Oklahoma.

8timechamps
10/26/2011, 07:54 PM
It's actual been hard for me to make fun of aggie this year, just because they do seem to be playing good football. But, I'm sure I'll find a way between now and Bedlam.

cleller
10/26/2011, 08:44 PM
Oh lordy. The idea of the guppies chasing those Boise guys into the endzone all night again has my stomach turning.

Red
10/26/2011, 11:03 PM
Oh lordy. The idea of the guppies chasing those Boise guys into the endzone all night again has my stomach turning.

Why'd you have to put that picture in my mind? :(

boomerinhou
10/27/2011, 01:06 AM

Well...T. Boone said he wants to see OSU playing for a National Championship before he dies.
So, if OSU plays in or wins the MNC game, will T. Boone fulfill his end of the bargin??

:devilish:

CowboyMRW
10/27/2011, 01:21 AM
For those that have attended OU's MNC games in the past, How early should I book my tickets. What can I expect to pay for this game.

;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/27/2011, 01:33 AM
an orange aggy success has the potential of damaging our recruiting, so NO, I don't wind up pulling for them, unless they were to play notre dame.

lexred
10/27/2011, 07:27 AM
OSU could make it to the BCS Championship, but they will get slaughtered and embarassed. Problem is that even if they do we will have a year of tee shirt, bumper stickers, bill boards, and obnoxious behavior. Perhaps OU will administer a mercy killing at Bedlam. Come to think of it, how do you embarass an Aggie?

cleller
10/27/2011, 07:37 AM
For those that have attended OU's MNC games in the past, How early should I book my tickets. What can I expect to pay for this game.

;)

Don't forget to pack those rose colored glasses. As a second use, after the game you can take off your shirt, put on the glasses and blend in with the winners.

picasso
10/27/2011, 07:53 AM
I haven't heard much talking this year from either fanbase really. I think a major part of OSU this year is 1. You have 8 straight scoreboards on us and 2. We don't want to jinx what could be a magical season for us.
Oh there's plenty of smack on facebook. Some Pokes don't care that they've lost 8 in a row.

Kray
10/27/2011, 08:25 AM
I think Bama/LSU will destroy whoever is thrown in there.

jumperstop
10/27/2011, 09:27 AM
I sure hope not but it looks like this will happen.

85sooners
10/27/2011, 11:27 AM
No way the pokes beat ou

goingoneight
10/27/2011, 12:03 PM
We've got a LOT to prove before we go planning to beat OSU. OUr team is missing key playmakers and was using padded statistics to hide it's embarrassing tendency to fold on at least two big plays per game defensively even when they are at 100%. Also, the versatility of Demarco Murray is missed in this offense. They have plenty of time to turn it on and put the pieces together, but it's gonna be a rough ride til then.
Seriously, this team just got slapped down aggy-style on our home field by an average team. I'd be more worried about not finishing with three losses before I brag about how we're going to win in Stoolwater.

stoopified
10/28/2011, 06:35 AM
Not gonna happen,Gundy vaporlocks as soon as he sees a Sooner jersey.

85sooners
10/28/2011, 06:55 AM
We've got a LOT to prove before we go planning to beat OSU. OUr team is missing key playmakers and was using padded statistics to hide it's embarrassing tendency to fold on at least two big plays per game defensively even when they are at 100%. Also, the versatility of Demarco Murray is missed in this offense. They have plenty of time to turn it on and put the pieces together, but it's gonna be a rough ride til then.
Seriously, this team just got slapped down aggy-style on our home field by an average team. I'd be more worried about not finishing with three losses before I brag about how we're going to win in Stoolwater.
You worry about the other games we are gonna talk about a poke *** beating!!

Sooner70
10/29/2011, 10:57 AM
Just heard on GameDay that OSU is #1 in the computer poll. Can that be? Is that according to Boone's PC or what?

thecynic
10/29/2011, 11:08 AM
I heard that this week. As hard as it is to fathom, we have to get used to the fact that they are really good, and have taken care of business where we did not. They control their own destiny and we are now a spoiler. Whatever the reasons, easier schedule, no injuries, lucky breaks, whatever, they are in the catbird seat and we are chasing them. I don't think they will lose before bedlam and I'm not sure we are the team that can beat them.

possumfat
10/29/2011, 11:42 AM
Barry said this was going to happen and it's getting here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KV-jBcLqeM

Keller Sooner
10/29/2011, 12:59 PM
Just heard on GameDay that OSU is #1 in the computer poll. Can that be? Is that according to Boone's PC or what?

Boone bought all the damn computers and said I'll put whatever I want in them.:smile:

dennis580
10/29/2011, 02:43 PM
How do we get into the Fiesta if we lose another to OSU? I guess we would still be the second best choice in the conference but still...If this happens I will first puke everywhere, and then admit myself to an insane asylum....

OU is a lock to get in a BCS bowl with 2 losses.

Plexis22
10/29/2011, 06:21 PM
Lots of football left. OSU is ripe for a letdown eventually. They still have to play Tech in Lubbock.

8timechamps
10/29/2011, 06:27 PM
Lots of football left. OSU is ripe for a letdown eventually. They still have to play Tech in Lubbock.

Yep. I honestly thought Baylor would give them a little more of a challenge, but Baylor is Baylor after-all. If Tech plays the way they did last week, OSU is going to have a dogfight on their hands. At this point though, I'm fine with them being undefeated going into Bedlam (which I think they will be anyway).

SoonerKnight
10/29/2011, 07:04 PM
For those that have attended OU's MNC games in the past, How early should I book my tickets. What can I expect to pay for this game.;)

Don't count your sheep before you get to do nasty things to them. Might jus hit you in the gnads!!

CowboyMRW
10/29/2011, 07:05 PM
That post was said in jest lol.

SoonerKnight
10/29/2011, 07:18 PM
That post was said in jest lol.

Yeah! I know! :D

But I meant it!! :D LOL!

picasso
10/29/2011, 08:32 PM
Barry said this was going to happen and it's getting here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KV-jBcLqeM
They won't have Brandon Weeden every season. This is the year for the pokes. Do it now or never.

cleller
10/29/2011, 08:59 PM
Its like a bad Disney movie playing out before my eyes. All that's left is Annette Funicello dancing with Pistol Pete.

mdklatt
10/29/2011, 09:30 PM
Sweet! ATM could lose to two sec teams before they even join the conference!

At the end of the aTm game today one of the announcers said that Missouri was 2-3 in the Big 12 and 1-0 in the SEC this year. :D