PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have Another Team You Hate?

oupride
10/25/2011, 09:18 PM
Is a question that I get asked rarely. I for one do not have another college team that I hate as much as Okie State.

Cowboy alums I know espouse the same spew as found at I was going against every ounce of goodness in my soul and rooting for OU to remain undefeated leading up to Bedlam. Now that they went and screwed up, I'm back to wanting them to lose every single game from here on out.
(http://www.orangepower.com/threads/our-two-highest-rated-teams-remaining-ou-vs-kstate.129921/)

There are teams that I don't mind cheering against like texas. But nobody that I feel more ill will towards than little brother. Do you guys feel the same way?

MyT Oklahoma
10/25/2011, 09:25 PM
The U.

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2011, 09:26 PM
I have not a single ounce of goodwill anywhere in my body for Texas A&M or B/CS. There is no other team that comes close to rivaling my hatred for those Agtards. A distance #2 for me is TCU.

BeaSooner
10/25/2011, 09:30 PM
ND, Michigan, USC, LSU, Miami, split on OSPew - I would like to root for another Oklahoma team; however, some of their fans make it impossible for me to do.

MichiganSooner
10/25/2011, 09:36 PM
Ohio State.

soonerman4life
10/25/2011, 09:36 PM
Texas, LSU, Oregon, Boise St., and any team from Florida and California. There's something about M. Gundy that's hard for me to root for. I think it's his hair. I may have just realized that I'm shallow.

blacktop
10/25/2011, 09:40 PM
USC, *uckeyes, U, Mushagain

oupride
10/25/2011, 09:46 PM
Texas, LSU, Oregon, Boise St., and any team from Florida and California. There's something about M. Gundy that's hard for me to root for. I think it's his hair. I may have just realized that I'm shallow.

No, its cool. M. Gundy has realized he's "a man!"

zeke
10/25/2011, 10:00 PM
Arkansas & aTm

limey_sooner
10/25/2011, 10:03 PM
Bugeaters. I grew up in Nebraska and the myth of St. Tom still pisses me off.

MrJimBeam
10/26/2011, 04:48 AM
Chandler Lions

IslandSooner
10/26/2011, 06:59 AM
Arkansas, Boise

marfacowboy
10/26/2011, 07:02 AM
Ohio State, Auburn, Florida, Baylor, Oregon

SunnySooner
10/26/2011, 07:52 AM
OK, here's a perfect football weekend: We win, and the following teams lose, hopefully in embarrassing fashion:

*, of course
Pigs
CoCaines
Domers
gatards
SUC
Smurfs
Quacks
Corndogs

...I think that's everybody. None of them approach my distaste for *, but I really love seeing those teams get curbstomped, all for various reasons. I've never really cared enough about LosuR to give a flip one way or the other, but this year, they need to go down, getting way too big for their puke-orange britches. Then again, it would be fun to crush their dreams of an undefeated season at the last minute. It's a quandry.

kevpks
10/26/2011, 07:53 AM
K-State this Saturday. A&M next Saturday and so on...

ouflak
10/26/2011, 09:18 AM
I don't hate any team really. Especially nowadays. Maybe I've mellowed out with age. But it's just becoming such an obvious bit of show business that hating a college football team starts to feel almost like hating a professional wrestler.

Jack T.
10/26/2011, 09:23 AM
Hmm. I thought when you got your "gen-u-ine OU Fan" card you had to swear to hate USC, Miami, and Notre Dame. If you got that card in the past 5 years or so you also had to swear to have Boise State.

I wouldn't say I hate the SEC in general. . .but I'll be glad when they fade back into obscurity.

Iam4OUru
10/26/2011, 10:25 AM
LSU's fans are unbearable.

FaninAma
10/26/2011, 10:38 AM
Texas Tech. I was at the 2005 debacle in Lubbock and I detest how those bandwagon fans of a program that has zero accomplishments and tradition turn into LSU-type thugs when they win.

Go to an OU game in Lubbock and then get back to me about this question.

Tech fans used to be laid back good ol' boys looking for the next party. The little bit of success Leach brought them also brought out the worst in the fanbase.

Mad Dog Madsen
10/26/2011, 10:43 AM
We've had a few of these threads and I always answer the same...

Thug U
LSU
THE Ohio St.
Boise
Notre Dame
Va Tech
Kansas
...and newly acquired Texas Tech.

yermom
10/26/2011, 10:46 AM
first off, i kinda find it hard not to think less of a person that claims to be a fan of OSU or Texas.

as for others:

my hatred for the U dropped a bit by going there to see them beat us, strangely

they were enthusiastic, but i didn't feel like punching anyone.

Florida fans on the other hand...

even LSU fans didn't really make me hate them. i mainly hate the way they seem to get so lucky.

my hate for USC has cooled for now. they got busted. that one game never happened, etc... they are kinda in the apathetic non-issue area with Notre Dame at this point. i'm just fine with them being mediocre for a while, i guess :)

BillyBall
10/26/2011, 10:48 AM
USC, Miami and BYU.

CowboyMRW
10/26/2011, 11:42 AM
Texas AnM far and away wins my most hated team award.

Boise right now is up there, but that is most likely because the media covers them more than Tebow it seems.

Penn State is my 3rd most hated. I don't like JoePa for whatever reason

ocsooner
10/26/2011, 11:49 AM

Boise right now is up there, but that is most likely because the media covers them more than Tebow it seems.

Penn State is my 3rd most hated. I don't like JoePa for whatever reason

... and OSwho. Right? :)

stoops the eternal pimp
10/26/2011, 11:52 AM
Probably the Montana St. Bobcats because there is only one..Montana

TUSooner
10/26/2011, 12:03 PM
LSU's fans are unbearable.
Unless they're losing.

I have tried not to hate LSU but I can't help it. I want them to lose every game in every sport. I The only sem-rational basis I have for this feeling is: I hate their colors, their fans are obnoxious, their coach is obnoxious, and I just have to go against the grain and rebel against the LSU "establishment." Otherwise, it's just irrational, but immutable

I only feel this way about their sports teams, however, I like the University itself because my daughter got a great education their. It really tickled my LSU friends - who know how I hate LSU - when my kid went there.

By the way, I have no trouble cheering for oSu except vs OU. Maybe it's because I don't have to deal with obnxious poke fans.

CarolinaSoonerFan
10/26/2011, 12:25 PM
USC
LSU
Tech
Boise
ND

Petro-Sooner
10/26/2011, 12:30 PM
Add Content

oudavid1
10/26/2011, 12:40 PM
Yep.

http://www.alliphonewallpapers.com/images/wallpapers/640/j7eq4jk54.jpg

And since I know it bothers some,

http://images.picturesdepot.com/photo/t/texas_longhorns_fans-9478.jpg

oudavid1
10/26/2011, 12:41 PM
Add Content

lol fail

Mad Dog Madsen
10/26/2011, 12:44 PM
Oh yeah I also hate the UNION REDSKINS :mask:

soonerboy_odanorth
10/27/2011, 10:18 AM
Taco Tech for some reason has moved up my list very rapidly from 2005 on. Must be something I ate...

madillsoonerfan5353
10/27/2011, 10:26 AM
************************************************** ************************************************** ********:texan:texan:texan:texan:texan:texan:texan :texan:texan:texan:texan:texan:texan:texan:texan:t exan:texan:texan:texan:texan:texan:texan:
Hook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'em

Frozen Sooner
10/27/2011, 10:55 AM
I literally do not have enough hate in my heart to hate anything as much as I hate Texas. I have mild disdain for OSU.

landbandit
10/27/2011, 11:05 AM
Arkansas but only because their fans hate OU so much. Those of you that don't live on the east side of the state probably don't even know they hate OU like they do. Their hatred for us is equal to that of texas.

I hope they lose every game just so I won't have to hear about it... This past week was brutal! Not because of the media or oSu fans or any of that. The Pig fans were flat out obnoxious about it...

BigTip
10/27/2011, 12:33 PM
USC and Notre Dame because the press is always fellating them so hungrily. I have always said it takes ND getting beat TWICE to knock them out of the top ten. Their current, and long, down turn, is a welcomed ironic gift, perhaps from touchdown Jesus himself.

University of S*cking C*ck is hated for the same reason, but also for their undeserved arrogance.

OUNASH
10/27/2011, 02:45 PM
Texas and OsU, I am really starting to hate on Louisville, having to listen about how great they are (local Radio, Louisville) and what they would bring to the conference sickins me. They are a mid major at best.

SicEmBaylor
10/27/2011, 02:49 PM

I really really really like you.

SicEmBaylor
10/27/2011, 02:51 PM
Orange of any variety (Texas, Tennessee, or otherwise) makes me puke.

oudavid1
10/28/2011, 10:35 AM
I literally do not have enough hate in my heart to hate anything as much as I hate Texas. I have mild disdain for OSU.

This x1000

Orange of any variety (Texas, Tennessee, or otherwise) makes me puke.

NO NO NO! Tennessee = Nice :)

SoCal
10/28/2011, 12:35 PM
Boise St
Miami
USC
Notre Dame
Big East teams

BoulderSooner79
10/28/2011, 12:38 PM
My hate for Miami has really mellowed since they have been mediocre for so long now. But I still find myself pulling against them as I did last night.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/28/2011, 12:56 PM
LosuR
Nebbish
aTm
Mizzou
Notre Dame

bmjlr
10/28/2011, 01:36 PM
Living in KS, I would have to say KSU...their fans are the worst!! Haven't seen any KSU flags flying the last 8 years, but they are back out now!

papawlambert
10/28/2011, 07:08 PM
Being an Okie I still like OSU. I hate Texas and especially the lying head coach,brown. I dislike Penn State and Boise State.
Papaw

Okie35
10/28/2011, 10:32 PM
I don't hate any teams but I don't like any teams other than OU. I do enjoy watching a few players on other teams.

Okie35
10/28/2011, 10:33 PM
Living in KS, I would have to say KSU...their fans are the worst!! Haven't seen any KSU flags flying the last 8 years, but they are back out now!

I see them all the time but that's only because I'm in Manhattan.

CowboyMRW
10/28/2011, 10:46 PM
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx124/ohkimosabe/bestfranz.gif
I really really really like you.

8timechamps
10/28/2011, 11:23 PM
Ohio State. Every time I meat a suckeyes fan, it just reinforces my disgust. I actually despise them more than texas and okie state combined.

StoopTroup
10/28/2011, 11:26 PM
Miami

BigTip
10/28/2011, 11:37 PM
Ohio State. Every time I meat a suckeyes fan, it just reinforces my disgust. I actually despise them more than texas and okie state combined.

Whoa! My head spins at the thought.

LBMASTER57
10/29/2011, 12:23 AM
texas, notre dame, miami, usc

PalmettoSooner
10/29/2011, 08:28 AM
Clemson
Auburn
Notre Dame
Southern Cal
Georgia Tech
the "U"

TahoeSOONER
10/29/2011, 08:40 AM
KSTATE and any other team that doesn't play BOOMER SOONER!

NMSooner'80
10/29/2011, 12:46 PM
I'm surprised the build-up to 2010 Bedlam didn't cure more OU fans of any kind thoughts about the Pukes. Not only was the Daily Oklahoman chomping at the bit to coronate them, their fans got whiny over any story that wasn't a kiss-up job on them. For example, one of the rare "pro-OU" articles that week was about Demarco Murray and his versatility, and in the on-line version some loSur took offense to it because he thought it implied that OSU's backs weren't versatile.

If you ever got invited to attend a non-OU game up there, like I did as a high schooler once, that would also knock out any "I root for OSU when they're not playing us" thinking. The one I went to with a friend whose sister went there was vs. Colorado, and the whole stadium was too busy rooting against OU during the Sooners' game with KU up there to notice that their own team was stinking up the place.

As for Boise, it does my middle-aged heart good to know that more OU fans have figured out that we should hate them and their hype. Early on, some folks seemed to admire their style of play. But five non-stop years of having that Fiasco Bowl rubbed in our faces, complete with the lie about "David vs. Goliath," seems to have cured any Boise-like. It gets even worse if you live in an area where Boise is the poster-child for "BCS-busting." Not only do folks where I live continue to feast on the false story line of David-Goliath, they also have taken to believing that Boise "kicked Oklahoma's azz..."

Too many other stories have emerged with the Potato Ag fan base being rather poor winners since then. Someone posted on an OU board, who'd been to the Fiasco Bowl, that "before the game they were all very complimentary of our tradition and what an opportunity is was; then afterward they were intolerable."

MyT Oklahoma
10/29/2011, 01:09 PM
It's been five days since this thread started and I still can't stand The U.

bowfin
11/2/2011, 02:11 PM
First off, I don't hate any team. Every team you play went through a lot of hard work and effort to show up and put a team on the field.

That being said, the only time I have ever rooted for the Longhorns was when they played USC. I would have rooted for them against Alabama, but wasn't in a very charitable mood after their fans acted as their win against us that year was a beat down, rather than a squeaker.

I usually rooted for the old Big 8 teams against everybody else, but now that Nebraska is in the Big 10, it will be hard to root against Nebraska's own conference.

JiminyChristmas
11/2/2011, 09:43 PM
Baylor

PLaw
11/2/2011, 10:06 PM
texass and ND could never win another game and I still would not be satisfied. TexAgs, oregon, "the u", and LSU follow close behind.

I don't care for tosu; or SUC, but I have a healthly level of repsect for them.

BOOMER

ouwasp
11/2/2011, 10:24 PM
all the usual suspects.... tex, osu, usc, arky, U, boys st.....any east coast team losing is good stuff.... I don't "hate" ND like old-time Sooners, but do take pleasure in their long run of mediocrity.

ouduckhunter
11/2/2011, 11:27 PM
Oreygone, golden domers, Uterus, USuC, Pokie St, tOSU

NCarolinaSooner
11/2/2011, 11:38 PM
OSU
Texas
Notre Dame
Oregon
Boise

vtsooner21
11/3/2011, 06:18 AM
USC and ND top the list..After them, Miami and LSU are right there. Add Ohio State and Oregon and 6 is a nice round number..

Boomer

virginiasooner
11/3/2011, 08:46 AM
Domeheads and USC have been tied for first on my list since last year, when their whiny-*** fans managed to get our local ABC affiliate to switch from OU-OSU (at the time a combined 20-2) to them (a combined 14-10). And it happened so late that the satellite signal was blocked. They are damned in my eyes. Others on the list are Miami, Texas, A&M, Ohio State, and LSU. The uniting theme of all these programs is that their fans are pains in the butt.

Dan Thompson
11/3/2011, 09:04 AM
USC, Oregon, aTm, Miami, Texas,

I Am Right
11/3/2011, 12:50 PM
Hate a team, Hmmmmmm, yes the pukes from stoolwater.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/3/2011, 02:05 PM
Domer, orange aggy, the cows, usuc, in that order, with domer nearly ALWAYS making me frown.

oudivesherpa
11/3/2011, 02:13 PM
I didn't go to the K-State game last week, but in the past I've found the rudest fans are at K-State, the nicest at Nebraska and Tulsa.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/3/2011, 02:15 PM
USC and Notre Dame because the press is always fellating them so hungrily. I have always said it takes ND getting beat TWICE to knock them out of the top ten. Their current, and long, down turn, is a welcomed ironic gift, perhaps from touchdown Jesus himself.

University of S*cking C*ck is hated for the same reason, but also for their undeserved arrogance.Heartwarming Style! What, no mention of ESPeNis? you're shirking!