PDA

View Full Version : Still Have a Shot??

Serge Ibaka
10/25/2011, 05:20 PM
I mean, it hardly seems like OU deserves a shot right now. But if they're going to turn things around, this is the time.

If they win-out, they have a strong case.

With OU's remaining strength of schedule, getting into the big game doesn't seem impossible. Is it?

As I see it, we just need Clemson & Stanford to lose (possible). And possibly we need the LSU/Bama winner to win handily.

If that happens, our computer #s will propel us over Standford, Oregon, or Boise State regardless of the human polls.

Go team!

jumperstop
10/25/2011, 05:27 PM
I'll take beating KSU, Baylor, aTm and OSU for the Big 12 championship, and hoping we regain some of our respect by the end of the year. Sounds good enough to me, and if it results in a chance to play for a NC so be it.

VA Sooner
10/25/2011, 05:32 PM
I'll take beating KSU, Baylor, aTm and OSU for the Big 12 championship, and hoping we regain some of our respect by the end of the year. Sounds good enough to me, and if it results in a chance to play for a NC so be it.

I'll second this notion. One game at a time... beat each team with our best game and I'll take whatever comes our way.

sooner KB
10/25/2011, 05:35 PM
Will it ever stop?

OUmillenium
10/25/2011, 05:40 PM
Like Lloyd Christmas believes, there is a slight chance. Sat/Sun, I was saying no chance. But starting to come out of the depression a little bit today. Please beat lOSUr. Those bozos are already talking smack and they forget they have only beat the Sooners 4 times in my lifetime (almost 40). We won at their place last year with a weaker team. Although, we are missing DeMarco Murray a bit.

jumperstop
10/25/2011, 06:01 PM
Like Lloyd Christmas believes, there is a slight chance. Sat/Sun, I was saying no chance. But starting to come out of the depression a little bit today. Please beat lOSUr. Those bozos are already talking smack and they forget they have only beat the Sooners 4 times in my lifetime (almost 40). We won at their place last year with a weaker team. Although, we are missing DeMarco Murray a bit.

My lady is an osu fan and we've been together 5 years. It's always been pretty easy to deal with our fandom, because OU always wins. If OSU wins, and then in turn gets to play for the NCG I'll first barf, then hate my gf until she decides to never speak of this entire year to me ever again. All can be saved if we play like we're supposed to and beat them.

OUHOMER
10/25/2011, 06:32 PM
Will it ever stop? I hope not. Part of being an OU fan is expecting the best out come. I hope you dont go thru like with such a negative attitude.

It is still possible, odds are long, but until we lose another game, i am holding out hope.

sooner ngintunr
10/25/2011, 06:35 PM
I hope not. Part of being an OU fan is expecting the best out come. I hope you dont go thru like with such a negative attitude.

It is still possible, odds are long, but until we lose another game, i am holding out hope.

You def live up to your screen name. nttawwt.

There are certain scenarios where it works but holy crap...

OUHOMER
10/25/2011, 06:36 PM
You def live up to your screen name. nttawwt.

There are certain scenarios where it works but holy crap...

Thank you! Thank you very much!

tcrb
10/25/2011, 06:47 PM
My lady is an osu fan and we've been together 5 years. It's always been pretty easy to deal with our fandom, because OU always wins. If OSU wins, and then in turn gets to play for the NCG I'll first barf, then hate my gf until she decides to never speak of this entire year to me ever again. All can be saved if we play like we're supposed to and beat them.

You have my deepest sympathy.

kevpks
10/25/2011, 06:53 PM
A one-loss OU will almost always be the most attractive one-loss option assuming an SEC team already has the other spot in the title game. It just depends on if Clemson and Stanford lose. Boise is irrelevant. They are about to play two of the worst division one teams in New Mexico and UNLV and will get killed in the computers for it. For those of you saying we have no business in the game, you'll probably feel differently if we run the table. An OU team that wins out will be a lot better than the team we saw Saturday night.