PDA

View Full Version : Flemming and Wort out for Saturday!

Bxbysooner
10/25/2011, 03:59 PM
Dean was just on the sports animal and announced that Wort and Flemming are both out for Saturday's game vs K-State.....that sucks...

kevpks
10/25/2011, 04:01 PM
It does. Hopefully K-State won't be able to exploit it. I hope we see a lot of Bird out there and can stay out of nickel and dime.

Breadburner
10/25/2011, 04:01 PM
It was the difference last Saturday.....

Partial Qualifier
10/25/2011, 04:02 PM
wonder if we'll keep Colvin at corner & Proctor at safety

The Maestro
10/25/2011, 04:06 PM
Man, that just sucks. Seemed to be a big deal last Saturday. 2000 team didn't even come close to this amount of injuries. Tough to overcome. Just a bummer of a year with injuries.

8timechamps
10/25/2011, 04:06 PM
Flemming had surgery, so I didn't think he's be back this week. I thought Wort was dealing with a concussion from two weeks ago...they don't mess around with that anymore...which is a good thing.

CrimsonRez
10/25/2011, 04:14 PM
Did we just give up? lol I kid I kid

soonercastor
10/25/2011, 04:17 PM
At least passing isnt KSU's forte.

SoonerStud615
10/25/2011, 04:22 PM
Is this still from when Wort hurt his back against Texas?

Bxbysooner
10/25/2011, 04:23 PM
I think Bryd will do a great job against the run....i am only worried if they put Lynn back out there....unless that was just cuz of the tech offense....

badger
10/25/2011, 04:23 PM
This is too bad. I'm sure they both wanted to play in this game :(

MamaMia
10/25/2011, 04:26 PM
KSU will going after our quarterback. Thats their usual game plan anyway.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2011, 04:29 PM
Well the good thing is that we can go more of a base set against Kstate...I'm interested to see what Bird can do

Vegas Sooner
10/25/2011, 04:38 PM

That is what Dean reported.

revelladee
10/25/2011, 04:50 PM
Stoops just said today at noon that he thought all would play except Habern????????????????

toast
10/25/2011, 04:53 PM
Stoops just said today at noon that he thought all would play except Habern????????????????

yes, yes he did. when asked about Wort he said he expected him to play unless something surprising came up during the week.

AlboSooner
10/25/2011, 04:54 PM

Habern must be in a comma then.

TrophyCollector
10/25/2011, 04:56 PM

Which actually adds credibility to Dean's report.

85sooners
10/25/2011, 04:56 PM
:mask:

rekamrettuB
10/25/2011, 05:06 PM
DAMN YOU SCHMITTTTTTYYYYYY!!!!

VA Sooner
10/25/2011, 05:22 PM
I thought the plan was for Kellen Jones to play more at middle linebacker instead of Jaydan due to gap assignment.

Colvin will be moved to corner and Proctor in at safety. Jefferson most likely will stay at safety but good at any position. Travis on the weak side and Nelson on the strong side.

I didn't really look for Kellen's ability to play... anyone notice and can comment?

sooner KB
10/25/2011, 05:36 PM
Dean now reporting that Flemming and Wort are "possible." Spoke of a text message "miscommunication."

AlboSooner
10/25/2011, 05:38 PM
Dean is just trolling us

8timechamps
10/25/2011, 05:40 PM
There's a 70/40 chance...

VA Sooner
10/25/2011, 05:45 PM
65-60 chance... of them possibly not being absent or unable to play if not anywhere but on the field for Saturday... maybe.

cccasooner2
10/25/2011, 08:53 PM

If it's a concussion, I would think it was from the Nelson/Wort helmet-to-helmet on each other in the game against KU. Nelson was the obvious winner.

nighttrain12
10/25/2011, 08:58 PM
Dean now reporting that Flemming and Wort are "possible." Spoke of a text message "miscommunication."

This is not a credible report unless the percentages are given.

Chiliman
10/25/2011, 08:59 PM
Wort was out for a concussion. He didn't find out last week until Thursday, when the medical staff wouldn't clear him. He is likely to play.

C&CDean
10/25/2011, 09:04 PM
Please do not confuse Dean the "I would die for a scoop" Blevins with the real Dean.

Thanks very much.

In the meantime, Wort is gonna waste that little POS QB from K-State. Bank it.

85sooners
10/25/2011, 09:13 PM
Please do not confuse Dean the "I would die for a scoop" Blevins with the real Dean.

Thanks very much.

In the meantime, Wort is gonna waste that little POS QB from K-State. Bank it.your goddam right!!!!!

BeaSooner
10/25/2011, 09:34 PM
Deano spews a whole lotta words but never says much to amount to anything. Hell, I would rather listen to Traber - at least he has an opinion instead of his sack nuzzling the fence. I don't think he would say **** if he had a mouthful of it.

picasso
10/25/2011, 09:50 PM
Deano spews a whole lotta words but never says much to amount to anything. Hell, I would rather listen to Traber - at least he has an opinion instead of his sack nuzzling the fence. I don't think he would say **** if he had a mouthful of it.
For all of the ADD that Blevins has, he actually uses some tact when he's on. Unlike some other folks on that radio station.

soonerman4life
10/25/2011, 10:03 PM
Did we just give up? lol I kid I kid

I love it, subtle but to the point :-)
This is from Albany Times Union:

Stoops suggested that linebacker Tom Wort (concussion), defensive tackle Casey Walker (left thumb), running back Dominique Whaley (illness) and even Fleming — 10 days removed from arthroscopic knee surgery — could play on Saturday after missing last week's game. But his injury forecasts have been cloudy at best this season, with several players being held out after Stoops said they'd play.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/26/2011, 02:18 PM
wonder if we'll keep Colvin at corner & Proctor at safety

^^^ This. Poor guy last week just got schooled.

Anybody remember the Al Eschbach on the air phone call to Deano when he was hopped up on painkillers after a surgical procedure?? Urinating over the air???

NormanPride
10/26/2011, 02:30 PM
Don't hate, but...

imo Bird has played better in limited time than Wort

soonercoop1
10/26/2011, 03:30 PM
Another long day for the D...Snyder will exploit it like Tech did...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/26/2011, 03:33 PM
^ Please explain..

kevpks
10/26/2011, 03:37 PM
Another long day for the D...Snyder will exploit it like Tech did...

I doubt it, but I'll bet that K-State QB is reviewing film and wondering if he'll have a career day or throw three picks and get carted off the field in the third quarter.

SCKSCat
10/27/2011, 12:32 AM
Well, I wouldn't say Klein can't pass. Throwing motion is horrible, but he can be accurate. KU stopped KSU with an 8-man front on the first drive, but then came out passing on the second drive (4-4 for 67 yards) and ended up with 176 passing yards in the 1st half (career high at that point) by throwing over the top of it and getting KU to respect the pass. KSU kept scoring until they started taking it easy in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

The key to beating Klein (and Hubert) is getting into the backfield often. That, and getting more than one possession ahead of KSU like Baylor did (only team to do that so far) and start teeing off on him.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/27/2011, 10:12 AM
imo Bird has played better in limited time than Wort

No hatin'.

But you are dead wrong, imo. Difference is speed/playmaking. Bird doesn't defend the edge nearly as well. He's a thumper in the middle, to be sure. But LB's in this defense have to play outside the tackle box.

NormanPride
10/27/2011, 10:20 AM
Fair assessment. Bird takes pressure off of our DL which allows our amazing DE's to play freely. This makes the edge a whole lot harder to get to. It's hard to run upfield when you're not sure the Mike will clean up the mess you leave behind.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/27/2011, 10:26 AM
Last Saturday... where were these amazing DE's of which you speak" :confused:

;)

stoops the eternal pimp
10/27/2011, 10:28 AM
When Wort has played well, he has defended that edge well..When not, he went with wrong reads and was blocked out of the play...He's done a fair share of both..Tom Wort is still consistently inconsistent..

I want to see if Bird can get off of a block and keep himself in the play..I think he can...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/27/2011, 10:29 AM

;) Ronnell Lewis had a career high 8 tackles...Alexander was regularly stunting, taking him out of a lot of plays in the 1st half

NormanPride
10/27/2011, 10:30 AM

;)

Pinching down on the run because Casey Walker and Wort were out and we have crap DTs and LBs.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/27/2011, 10:39 AM
I keed I keed (about the DEs)... Jeez... I just think Wort is better overall. There's somthing he brings that Bird doesn't... can't ID it necessarily. It just seems the position has a little more of that wrecking ball feel when Wort is there.

NormanPride
10/27/2011, 10:42 AM
Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad. Stop thinking things I don't like!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/27/2011, 10:46 AM
I keed I keed (about the DEs)... Jeez... I just think Wort is better overall. There's somthing he brings that Bird doesn't... can't ID it necessarily. It just seems the position has a little more of that wrecking ball feel when Wort is there.

I know you are because you're a richard! a big one!

I like big play on the positive side tom wort..The wrecking ball thing may be right because when he hits the right spot, it's usually big...But going through some of these plays even from this season, when he misses it, it's usually big play for the other team.

ATX Sooner
10/27/2011, 10:48 AM

No, he is in a semi-colon.

hawaii 5-0
10/27/2011, 10:49 AM
So, how long before we see K State throw that crossing pattern over the middle?

5-0

starclassic tama
10/27/2011, 10:58 AM
I keed I keed (about the DEs)... Jeez... I just think Wort is better overall. There's somthing he brings that Bird doesn't... can't ID it necessarily. It just seems the position has a little more of that wrecking ball feel when Wort is there.we don't really have much of a sample at all of bird so you can't really say what he brings or doesn't bring to the table. he damn sure looks the part, he looks about 5 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier than wort.

cvsooner
10/27/2011, 11:09 AM
So, how long before we see K State throw that crossing pattern over the middle?

5-0Third play of KSU's first possession.

btb916
10/27/2011, 12:36 PM
Hey STEP, how fast do you think Bird can run the 40...not that the time it takes to sprint 40 yards is the be-all, end-all of anything, but that dude is SLOW

btk108
10/27/2011, 12:59 PM
Well the good thing is that we can go more of a base set against Kstate...I'm interested to see what Bird can do

The bird is the word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C7iZ6jAygY

stoops the eternal pimp
10/27/2011, 01:00 PM
You know another poster brought it up that said possibly it had to do with more apprehension than actual speed when he first got out there..and after going back and watching the kansas game after his texas game, I have to agree..I don't know how fast he really is, but he looked a lot faster in against Kansas than Texas...

NormanPride
10/27/2011, 01:20 PM
Lots of football speed is determined by how confident a player is. Look at run recognition - a slower LB can be faster to the hole if it recognizes the play before a faster one. This is why team speed can be deceptive.

sooneron
10/27/2011, 02:37 PM
I keed I keed (about the DEs)... Jeez... I just think Wort is better overall. There's somthing he brings that Bird doesn't... can't ID it necessarily.

Swagger?

Moxie?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/27/2011, 02:47 PM
FINISH!

8timechamps
10/27/2011, 03:44 PM

Wort is what I call a spark-plug player. He isn't the best athlete on the field, but he enhances everyone around him. I think missing him last week took some of the aggression out of our defense.

85sooners
10/27/2011, 03:48 PM
:encouragement:

btb916
10/27/2011, 09:58 PM
You know another poster brought it up that said possibly it had to do with more apprehension than actual speed when he first got out there..and after going back and watching the kansas game after his texas game, I have to agree..I don't know how fast he really is, but he looked a lot faster in against Kansas than Texas...

I'll take your word for it. I listened to the Kansas game on the radio so I didn't get to see him. But he really did look slow against Texas, whew. I thought he was solid overall though.

LASooner
10/28/2011, 04:03 AM
Anybody remember the Al Eschbach on the air phone call to Deano when he was hopped up on painkillers after a surgical procedure?? Urinating over the air???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqAIN5zX4jA

mainline13
10/28/2011, 06:45 AM

Was that a commentary on the plethora of question marks?

Chiliman
10/28/2011, 06:49 AM
I like big play on the positive side tom wort..The wrecking ball thing may be right because when he hits the right spot, it's usually big...But going through some of these plays even from this season, when he misses it, it's usually big play for the other team.

Just like last year.

Monster Zero
10/28/2011, 08:36 AM
Flemming had surgery, so I didn't think he's be back this week. I thought Wort was dealing with a concussion from two weeks ago...they don't mess around with that anymore...which is a good thing.

Shoulda heard Traber yesterday: "Aw, it's just dadgone CONCUSSION SYNDROME for cryin out loud!!"

soonerboy_odanorth
10/31/2011, 09:43 PM

Hard to say how good Bird might have played... But Wort was a monster Saturday...