PDA

View Full Version : sitting in the doctor's office

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2011, 11:10 AM
My appointment was at 10.. It's 11:08 and still waiting.. I just farted and I measured it out at 3 Stathams..

That is all

badger
10/25/2011, 11:22 AM
I used to have this problem as a kid when visiting the dentist. Basically, we were in such a rural area that the office didn't call the dentist to arrive until his first patient was already there and waiting. Thus, if you were the first morning patient, you were waiting for the dentist to arrive (and likely all the entailed arriving... getting dressed, breakfast, driving over, etc).

It was always a horrible wait time, even if all that was scheduled was a teeth cleaning. Since moving to larger areas with more dental competition, I've never had that problem again. Probably too worried about patients finding new offices instead of putting up with that waiting room sh!t each time.

In conclusion, move away from Taco Bell, Okla., STEP. Or get a new doctor. Perhaps just reminding them that they're not the only office you can visit will suffice for today.

Boomer.....
10/25/2011, 11:27 AM
I just farted and I measured it out at 3 Stathams..

That is all

I used to have this problem as a kid when visiting the dentist.

Really?!?

KantoSooner
10/25/2011, 11:36 AM
Or you could do what my 75 year old dad did: He had an appointment for a given time and was kept waiting for about 90 minutes past then.
He had our office admin draw up an invoice for his wasted time and sent it to the doctor's office.
We don't actually expect to recover, but it's fun to send them dun notices and threaten to turn it over to bill collectors.
As the Dr is a podiatrist, it's really not like he has a life-or-death hold over his patients. He's just another d-bag who's getting what he deserves.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2011, 12:01 PM
What's funny(or not) is I drove 55 miles to an appointment last week..I was 4 minutes late and the nurse said the doctor left because he didn't have time to wait...

SoonerAtKU
10/25/2011, 12:26 PM
Same doctor? If so, **** in the tongue depressors.

badger
10/25/2011, 12:37 PM
What's funny(or not) is I drove 55 miles to an appointment last week..I was 4 minutes late and the nurse said the doctor left because he didn't have time to wait...

Another story on the dentist: That family owned a lot more control in that tiny town than any should.

When we used to leave early for competitions at other schools, they'd go to this family's house to pick their kids up. Everyone else was told "be on time at the school or the bus leaves without you."

I have a feeling that some of this control was from the massive amounts of real estate they owned in the area... rentals properties, etc.

I heard that they later turned to Scientology and spent thousands on donations to various Scientology stuff. I thought they were Catholics, but the personal profile page I later found said that the dentist felt lost and found life meaningless before Scientology. Um... ok.

I have since read that Scientology recruits dentists and doctors specifically because they have more money than us common, waiting-room-in-an-hour-or-three folk. Heh.

sooner_born_1960
10/25/2011, 12:38 PM
Same doctor? If so, **** in the tongue depressors.
Yeah, that'll show him. Or his other patients.

DCSooner
10/25/2011, 01:04 PM
I just farted and I measured it out at 3 Stathams..

That is all

Jason Stathoms?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2011, 01:11 PM
Yes.......That's how I measure my farts because they are so fierce

OUDoc
10/25/2011, 01:12 PM
****ing doctors. :mad:

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2011, 01:25 PM
dey sum bitches

Taxman71
10/25/2011, 01:40 PM
Or you could do what my 75 year old dad did: He had an appointment for a given time and was kept waiting for about 90 minutes past then.
He had our office admin draw up an invoice for his wasted time and sent it to the doctor's office.
We don't actually expect to recover, but it's fun to send them dun notices and threaten to turn it over to bill collectors.
As the Dr is a podiatrist, it's really not like he has a life-or-death hold over his patients. He's just another d-bag who's getting what he deserves.

That happened once in downtown OKC and the doctor paid the invoice.

OUDoc
10/25/2011, 01:42 PM
Why does :mad: looks constipated?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2011, 01:49 PM
maybe too many pain meds? too much cheese? either one of those things will cause it.

badger
10/25/2011, 01:50 PM
Are you still sitting in the doctor's office, step? Do we need to tell jokes to keep you awake/alive? :P

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2011, 01:56 PM
Nah I'm out..He told me I couldn't pregnant from "that" and to reconsider my lifestyle...and another one at 2 stathams

DCSooner
10/25/2011, 01:58 PM
Nah I'm out..He told me I couldn't pregnant from "that" and to reconsider my lifestyle...and another one at 2 stathams

Hope your eye gets better. I'll work on my aim.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2011, 02:01 PM
It's all good..that's what I get for being a moving target

btk108
10/25/2011, 05:57 PM
You are the reason fo rising health care expense. Do you have any idea how much air freshener costs?

soonercruiser
10/25/2011, 10:43 PM
Doctor says to nurse, "someone farted in the waiting room! It smells soooooo bad, it's not safe to breathe - don't go out there".
One hour later - nurse asks doctor if it's safe yet. Doctor says "No! Three patients are still out cold"!
"And, one guy out there still looks happy to be waiting....he is still cracking a smile!"

KantoSooner
10/26/2011, 08:57 AM
That happened once in downtown OKC and the doctor paid the invoice.

That would be so cool! We valued the old man's time at $125/hour!