PDA

View Full Version : For those of you still huffin and puffin on Saturday's loss.

BASSooner
10/24/2011, 08:10 PM
I apologize that this is such a late message. I just now got my internet back up and running.

I mean yeah I was upset a little bit, but I wasn't depressed nor torn. I got over the loss fairly quickly. Why? Allow me to share the sweet drink of optimism to all of you.

First and foremost, yeah you could say that this was OUr year, HOWEVER, we are an INCREDIBLY young team as this has been mentioned before. Despite the youth that we have, we are disgustingly talented. We're so spoiled to have the kids that we have. Even texass would love to have OUr backups.

Tubby is a great/bad/interesting head coach. He is the new poison for championship contenders. This is the same coach at Auburn who screwed national title hopes for Florida and LSU when it mattered. He has a WINNING record against top 5 teams. This guy knows how to prepare his boys against juggernauts. He is a younger version of Bill Snyder in the conference that will continue to make the college football world very interesting. Stoops now knows who he's dealing with and will prepare for tech like he does annually for texass.

I have nothing against any of the coaching staff. This was one bad game and the staff we have are still some of the best in the country. They have remained consistent and did INCREDIBLY well in adjusting to new systems of other teams (like Venables). Remember, this is the first year of Josh Heupel and Jay Norvell working as co-offensive coordinators. We've already seen great results coming out of their system but with given time to adjust, we'll have a REALLY effective system. When Landry leaves, we're going to transition into a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY balanced offense with some games having more passing yards and others with more rushing yards.

Ok maybe just one tiny criticism: Special Teams. I hope we see some improvements in the future. OUr future is still bright though. We can still get 8 next year and the year after that. Just sit back and watch the rest of the season. Boomer

cccasooner2
10/24/2011, 08:29 PM
What are you? Some kind of sunshine pumper with a Commodore 64? :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/24/2011, 08:47 PM
Uhm..you are a couple of days late trying to talk people off a ledge...most of us are no longer there

cleller
10/24/2011, 09:19 PM
I've been huffing and puffing so much I've blown my own house down.

Am now living in an outhouse, but my internet has not been interrupted.

3rdgensooner
10/24/2011, 09:21 PM
I've been huffing and puffing so much I've blown my own house down.

Am now living in an outhouse, but my internet has not been interrupted.I'm in a van down by the river.

BASSooner
10/24/2011, 09:39 PM
Uhm..you are a couple of days late trying to talk people off a ledge...most of us are no longer there
bandwagoners can be such an inconvenience

AlboSooner
10/24/2011, 09:59 PM
Tubby is a great/bad/interesting head coach. He is the new poison for championship contenders. This is the same coach at Auburn who screwed national title hopes for Florida and LSU when it mattered. He has a WINNING record against top 5 teams. This guy knows how to prepare his boys against juggernauts. He is a younger version of Bill Snyder in the conference that will continue to make the college football world very interesting. Stoops now knows who he's dealing with and will prepare for tech like he does annually for texass.

http://s1.e46fanatics.com/forum/images/smilies/facepalmsmiley.gif

"We didn't so anything special. We didn't even blitz much. We just played zone, and wanted to see if they could execute." ~ T. Tuberville, a.k.a Young bill snyder.

BASSooner
10/24/2011, 10:02 PM
http://s1.e46fanatics.com/forum/images/smilies/facepalmsmiley.gif

"We didn't so anything special. We didn't even blitz much. We just played zone, and wanted to see if they could execute." ~ T. Tuberville, a.k.a Young bill snyder.
Haha of course he'll say that. He's trying to make himself look more of a badass than he thinks he is.

AlboSooner
10/24/2011, 10:24 PM
With one of the worst defenses in college football, it's hard to make yourself look good, and it's hard not to believe him.

soonercastor
10/24/2011, 11:27 PM
what do you guys expect people to do after a loss? celebrate? Most (not all of course) post that you see here are people letting of some steam, some people are emotional like that. Sure there are people that take it too far with the name calling, especially of the young players and also there are people that stop following after the first loss but for the most part these fans will be there on saturday cheering their asses off.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/25/2011, 08:15 AM
With one of the worst defenses in college football, it's hard to make yourself look good, and it's hard not to believe him.

Despite Oklahoma's final passing numbers in that game, Texas Tech does have one of the best pass defenses in the nation (only gave up 177 passing yards per game after 6 games going into that game). It's their rushing defense that's a problem that unfortunately, Oklahoma wasn't able to exploit properly and early with Whaley being out for the game. Finch had a good game, but Texas Tech's defense suffers more against the bigger more physical backs.

AlboSooner
10/25/2011, 10:08 AM
Despite Oklahoma's final passing numbers in that game, Texas Tech does have one of the best pass defenses in the nation (only gave up 177 passing yards per game after 6 games going into that game). It's their rushing defense that's a problem that unfortunately, Oklahoma wasn't able to exploit properly and early with Whaley being out for the game. Finch had a good game, but Texas Tech's defense suffers more against the bigger more physical backs.

Being ranked 53rd is one of the best in the nation? Or is this by virtue of being ranked higher than OU in pass defense? They are 96th is total defense.

Defensively they are a bad team, giving up 425 yards/game and they ave yet to play three offensive powers like Ok St, Mizzou and Baylor.

Sooner in Tampa
10/25/2011, 10:32 AM
Being ranked 53rd is one of the best in the nation? Or is this by virtue of being ranked higher than OU in pass defense? They are 96th is total defense.

Defensively they are a bad team, giving up 425 yards/game and they ave yet to play three offensive powers like Ok St, Mizzou and Baylor.

Well, that should make OU fans feel better now...shouldn't it?

StaTusDiaLing
10/25/2011, 11:18 AM
It was a bad loss to a 2nd tier team. Of course I will get all huffy and puffy when we lose games we should win. If losses like that didn't matter, I would consider myself a bandwagoner.

cherokeebrewer
10/25/2011, 11:29 AM
We beat Texas! We beat Texas!! We beat Texas!!!

badger
10/25/2011, 11:33 AM
What are you? Some kind of sunshine pumper with a Commodore 64? :D

Are you knocking the Commodore 64? :mad:

http://www.retrosection.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Commodore-C64.jpg

You're just pizzed because everyone that was cool had one while you were still stuck on your school's Apple II. Did you go blind from the green/black screen? Did your cry when the Apple II wouldn't load because you forgot to stick a disk in the drive? Did you teacher take away your "computer time" because you didn't turn in your homework on time?

Jealousy! That's what you have because you couldn't create awesome programs like I still can, thanks to years on a Commodore 64!

10 PRINT ****
20 PRINT YOU
30 END

;)