PDA

View Full Version : Obama Unveils New Slogan...

sappstuf
10/24/2011, 06:06 PM
We can't wait.

I guess this is in regards to his purposed jobs bill and housing bill and the fact a bipartisan faction of Congress isn't going to pass them... Considering he has passed prior bills on these two topics that have been disastrous or ineffective, I guess my response is another Obama slogan..

Yes we can

King Barry's Back
10/24/2011, 06:22 PM
Hahaha. "Yes we can." I love it!

soonercruiser
10/24/2011, 09:27 PM
Slogan!!!?????
How about a plan to get us out of this mess and put more Americans to work - NOT more on extended welfate!

http://members.cox.net/franklipsinic/Obama/Obama%20Great%20Pumpkin.jpg

diverdog
10/24/2011, 10:01 PM
Slogan!!!?????
How about a plan to get us out of this mess and put more Americans to work - NOT more on extended welfate!

http://members.cox.net/franklipsinic/Obama/Obama Great Pumpkin.jpg

And what plan would that be? Cut more government spending?

soonercruiser
10/25/2011, 10:29 PM
More??? What cuts?
You probably want more Defense spending cuts with no promises of social programs cuts, don't you?

cleller
10/26/2011, 08:03 AM
I'll only admit to this once, but as a moderate Republican, I think the Republicans are screwing this deal up. They've got Obama over a barrel. If they would get down to some serious give and take right now, things could get done. Yes, I mean Obama has to give till it hurts, too, not saying he's the good guy.

Ideologically, it is not what we'd like to do, but right now extreme risks to the economy and country call for something to be done, whatever it may be. Pledges and stances on issues sound great, but greater harm looms without compromise.

NormanPride
10/26/2011, 09:30 AM
Nobody is going to do anything major until the election is over.

soonercruiser
10/26/2011, 09:59 AM
I fear this is true.
:ambivalence:

JohnnyMack
10/26/2011, 10:15 AM
Nobody is going to do anything major until the election is over.

Because it isn't about legislating, it's about ensuring one side has control over the other. DC has been reduced to constant power struggle between two factions who are bought and paid for by the same puppeteers.

KantoSooner
10/26/2011, 10:58 AM
Just make sure you include the Teacher's Union, UAW, Sierra Club et al in that 'puppeteers' category.

NormanPride
10/26/2011, 11:06 AM
Yup, those guys as well. Though quite often they are just being used by other rich people.

soonercruiser
10/26/2011, 02:15 PM
Just rich Demoncrats, in this case!

(Forgot the SEIU thugs too!)

NormanPride
10/26/2011, 02:41 PM
For those, probably. But you never know. A good Republican hedges his bets. ;)