PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Food Poisoning

OUNASH
10/24/2011, 04:05 PM
I heard a rumor today that alot of the players were really sick with food poisoning. Whaley was so sick he couldnt keep his head up. This might explain why we looked so flat. Please discuss.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/24/2011, 04:06 PM
Sure looked like it.

rekamrettuB
10/24/2011, 04:07 PM
I wasn't listening with the sound up but was it ever stated why Whaley wasn't playing? It was a shock to me.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/24/2011, 04:07 PM
I wasn't listening with the sound up but was it ever stated why Whaley wasn't playing? It was a shock to me.
stomach flu

NormanPride
10/24/2011, 04:08 PM
Flu like symptoms.

delhalew
10/24/2011, 04:09 PM
Play like that...it makes more sense than just not showing up.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/24/2011, 04:10 PM
Really? This is kinda aggy/aggiesh! We got our *** handed to us at home because the other team came in with a better game plan and executed said game plan. We need to suck it up and admit that we got beat and worry about this "entitled team" going on the road to Manhattan KS to play a top 8 team next week. This is getting old already. Flame me if you want we lost at home get over it! SMDH!!!

KantoSooner
10/24/2011, 04:10 PM
"Flu like symptoms'
which is what food poisoning feels like.

Well, if the whole damn team was poisoned, that's fine. All they need to do now is to go out and win the rest of the damn games by about 60 points each and perhaps conduct human sacrifice on the sidelines. That might get the mojo back.

Inconvenient question: If Whaley is not on schollie, then he's not eating at the training table (unless someone is sneaking him a take away bag). So how could he AND the others all get food poisoning together?

Soonerfan85
10/24/2011, 04:11 PM
Don't know about the players, but I sure as hell was throwing up during the game. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the food though. :disgust:

cvsooner
If true, that explains a lot. Still doesn't explain slow starts against Ball State, Mizzou or Kansas. Food poisoning might be the missing link in the equation, but...problems still exist.

BoulderSooner79
Not having Whaley was a huge factor. And we had a sick/weakened version of Broyles in the FSU game due to food issues. Can't we restrict the players to some nice, bland, comfort food 24 hours before a game?

OUNASH
10/24/2011, 04:14 PM
Really? This is kinda aggy/aggiesh! We got our *** handed to us at home because the other team came in with a better game plan and executed said game plan. We need to suck it up and admit that we got beat and worry about this "entitled team" going on the road to Manhattan KS to play a top 8 team next week. This is getting old already. Flame me if you want we lost at home get over it! SMDH!!!

Only stating what I heard. Im not be aggish by stating or asking a question. If its not true, so be it. You are right we got our butts handed to us.

BoulderSooner79
10/24/2011, 04:16 PM

It's not aggiesh or any other made up word to discuss Sooner games here. I'm not speculating on this rumor, but Whaley missing the game is FACT, for whatever reason caused it. It does show up a weakness in this team and that is depth. Whaley is very good, but his absence should not completely shutdown our running game. Likewise, missing Flemming should not wipeout our coverage ability.

fwsooner22
10/24/2011, 04:23 PM
OUNASH.....Anytime you see someone take personal shots at you for posting something the way you did (which looks fine by me) just put 'em on your ignore list. It works awesome and after awhile all you have left are the posters who you would want to read anyway.

I appreciate your info and hope to find out if it in fact happened that way. It sure looked like a possibility.

OUHOMER
10/24/2011, 04:25 PM
i dont remeber who it was, but one of our DB's was puking his guts up on the side line. I am not talking bout once and done. I saw hiw him go at least 5 times. Put on his helment and back on the field.

OUNASH
10/24/2011, 04:27 PM
OUNASH.....Anytime you see someone take personal shots at you for posting something the way you did (which looks fine by me) just put 'em on your ignore list. It works awesome and after awhile all you have left are the posters who you would want to read anyway.

I appreciate your info and hope to find out if it in fact happened that way. It sure looked like a possibility.

I appreciate the feedback and comments.

CBUS_SOONER
10/24/2011, 04:31 PM
i think some had vaginitis

soonercoop1
10/24/2011, 04:33 PM
Guess they had to put out some excuse to avoid the obvious...

3rdgensooner
10/24/2011, 04:35 PM
Guess they had to put out some excuse to avoid the obvious...Who is "they"?

soonerbrat
10/24/2011, 04:38 PM
"Flu like symptoms'

Well, if the whole damn team was poisoned, that's fine. All they need to do now is to go out and win the rest of the damn games by about 60 points each and perhaps conduct human sacrifice on the sidelines. That might get the mojo back.

Inconvenient question: If Whaley is not on schollie, then he's not eating at the training table (unless someone is sneaking him a take away bag). So how could he AND the others all get food poisoning together?

there's also a stomach virus going around. about half the people in my office have had it (including me) and it's not fun.

soonertodd
10/24/2011, 04:46 PM

amen brother,we LOST don't need any excuses

KantoSooner
10/24/2011, 04:49 PM
there's also a stomach virus going around. about half the people in my office have had it (including me) and it's not fun.

Now THAT would do it, especially considering the amount of time they spend in close proximity to one another.

Serenity Now
10/24/2011, 04:53 PM
I had a friend who was a walk-on. He lived with the team and ate with them. He just wasn't on schollie for a few years. Switzer picked him up on scholarship when he made 2nd team. I think his parents paid like he was at a dorm and he had some academic scholarships also.

BigTip
10/24/2011, 04:55 PM
FIRE THE COOK!

Penguin
10/24/2011, 04:56 PM

You're the one responsible for all of this??? :mad:

soonercastor
10/24/2011, 05:09 PM
i think some had vaginitis

:lol:

badger
10/24/2011, 05:17 PM
After they had mentioned that Whaley was out with the flu, I commented to NP that it looked like some of our other players were missing a step, or were not looking healthy on the sideline. If they fought through illness to play, I commend them... and hope they recover quickly. :(

En_Fuego
10/24/2011, 05:23 PM
Please.................

OUNASH
10/24/2011, 05:26 PM
Please.................

Please , What? For the fourth dam time I am only stating a rumor I heard from a pretty reliable source. Know I wont say who it is. . Not trying to make excuses for the team. They got their butts handed to them plain and simple. I am not defending this post again. You people need to take a prozac.

canes4ever
10/24/2011, 05:42 PM
I heard a rumor today that alot of the players were really sick with food poisoning. Whaley was so sick he couldnt keep his head up. This might explain why we looked so flat. Please discuss.

Same reason for 1993 Iowa State and 1959 Northwestern games. Strange, very strange, huh?

OhU1
10/24/2011, 06:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THnzsRjZLZo

8timechamps
10/24/2011, 06:37 PM
Please , What? For the fourth dam time I am only stating a rumor I heard from a pretty reliable source. Know I wont say who it is. . Not trying to make excuses for the team. They got their butts handed to them plain and simple. I am not defending this post again. You people need to take a prozac.

I appreciated the post. A lot of people do. You didn't post it as an excuse, you posted what you heard...you know, what people do on internet message boards. Don't sweat it. I got it.

A Sooner in Texas
10/24/2011, 06:46 PM
You people need to take a prozac.

Understatement of the year.

BoulderSooner79
10/24/2011, 06:56 PM
I liked this post and have taken my prozac*.

*side effects include thoughts of suicide. I thought I was experiencing some side-effects on Sat.

Soonerjeepman
10/24/2011, 06:58 PM
i dont remeber who it was, but one of our DB's was puking his guts up on the side line. I am not talking bout once and done. I saw hiw him go at least 5 times. Put on his helment and back on the field.

I'd been puking as well if I was playing that defense they were displaying..maybe that's why! LOL...:ambivalence:

I kid...we just got our butt handed to us...tt was ready to play, we weren't...I do think not having Whaley really hurt..

oumartin
10/24/2011, 07:31 PM
I'd rather chalk it up to the typical OU football team choking at least once or twice a year losing to teams you have no business losing too

swardboy
10/24/2011, 07:39 PM
Did we build that indoor facility on an old Indian graveyard?

BigTip
10/24/2011, 08:22 PM
For the fourth dam time I am only stating a rumor I heard from a pretty reliable source. .

Fire the rumor monger!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/24/2011, 08:23 PM
I heard Dominique Whaley is pregnant and that is what is causing the flu like symptoms

BoulderSooner79
10/24/2011, 08:49 PM
I heard Dominique Whaley is pregnant and that is what is causing the flu like symptoms

That first trimester can be tough, but he should be able to play well into the 2nd trimester.

SoonerofAlabama
10/24/2011, 08:57 PM
If there sick, there sick.

jkjsooner
10/24/2011, 09:05 PM
"Flu like symptoms'

This isn't true. Flu symptoms don't generally include vomiting or diarrhea. The "stomach flu" does but this isn't really the flu.

IBleedCrimson
10/24/2011, 09:18 PM
scenario: We win out and make into the Fiesta bowl... against boise. we win in double overtime on a fake statue of liberty quadruple reverse. Whaley promptly gives birth on sideline.

demons exorcised.

missann
10/24/2011, 09:27 PM
Hmmm...did they have it last week, too?

VA Sooner
10/24/2011, 09:34 PM
Sorry, not buying it.

We came out flat, our defense got torched, our offense didn't play well at all in the second quarter especially, our kicker missed two field goals and our coaches made a big mistake not realizing that our young DB couldn't cover well and should have been pulled earlier in the game.

And we still almost came back to tie/win the game. That's the one positive message through all this... the team hung in there and tried to reverse course even down by 24 in the third quarter.

Now let's get it back together... we have a game with Kansas State on Saturday.

AlboSooner
10/24/2011, 09:37 PM
Thank God this was found out. There for a second I was starting to think we have problems on defense.

Seamus
10/24/2011, 10:17 PM
Thank God this was found out. There for a second I was starting to think we have problems on defense.

Heh. I lol'd.

OKLA21FAN
10/24/2011, 10:20 PM
Um, they were sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw most of the Sooner football team pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

SoonerStud615
10/24/2011, 10:27 PM
FWIW, my Dad had a sideline pass for the game and said afterwards that Ronnell had his helmet off, doubled over and looking like he was about to blow a couple times. He said he looked really out of it.

Now, whether our play caused his nausea or not, I'll leave that up to you.

MamaMia
10/24/2011, 10:43 PM
If true, that would explain a lot. I wouldn't be surprised. When I was a Senior Cadet Girl Scout counselor, there were at least 50 of us, out of about 60 or so girls who ended up with food poisoning at summer camp. It turned out to be the macaroni and cheese that made us all sick. :(

BoulderSooner79
10/24/2011, 10:46 PM
If true, that would explain a lot. I wouldn't be surprised. When I was a Senior Cadet Girl Scout counselor, there were at least 50 of us, out of about 60 or so girls who ended up with food poisoning at summer camp. It turned out to be the macaroni and cheese that made us all sick. :(

You're lucky it wasn't the salmon mousse ! :mask:

BigTip
10/24/2011, 11:23 PM
That first trimester can be tough, but he should be able to play well into the 2nd trimester.

Trimester? Wow, things have really changed since I was in college. We use to only have two semesters.

:hypnotysed:

swardboy
10/25/2011, 06:52 AM
Trimester? Wow, things have really changed since I was in college. We use to only have two semesters.

:hypnotysed:

:distant: This is either lol...or UBER LOL.

swardboy
10/25/2011, 06:54 AM
If there sick, there sick.

There, they're, their.......listen real hard in class today.

marfacowboy
10/25/2011, 07:01 AM
Maybe the boys in Vegas figure Kansas State is coming down with it next. How else do you explain the line?

birddog
10/25/2011, 07:40 AM
I'd rather chalk it up to the typical OU football team choking at least once or twice a year losing to teams you have no business losing too
on the road.

birddog
10/25/2011, 07:41 AM
but whaley didn't even eat any of the salmon mousse!

delhalew
10/25/2011, 09:08 AM
Not that it matters, but don't you guys know walk ons can eat with the team if they pay for it.

KantoSooner
10/25/2011, 09:08 AM
This isn't true. Flu symptoms don't generally include vomiting or diarrhea. The "stomach flu" does but this isn't really the flu.

Just awesome wow.

We have reached the apotheosis of chat board. We are arguing over what it feels like to be ill.

I think the stars have started to go out, one-by-one, our work here is over; nothing further can be done.

Jacie
10/25/2011, 09:19 AM
This excuse crops up every so often to explain why a team lost a game their fans felt they should have won. Last time I remember hearing it was from sa*et fans rationalizing what happened to their team against a&m in the game played the year the bonfire collapsed.

delhalew
10/25/2011, 09:23 AM
I don't want to hear excuses. At the same time, I'm curious. I have a hard time believing a rain delay or inflated sense of self importance, can cause that many players to be transformed from aggressive winners to apathetic losers.

sooneron
10/25/2011, 09:23 AM

How do you know the other team had a better game plan when our team executed like ****?

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2011, 10:04 AM
I don't want to hear excuses. At the same time, I'm curious. I have a hard time believing a rain delay or inflated sense of self importance, can cause that many players to be transformed from aggressive winners to apathetic losers.

Why do you assume that someone passing on a rumor is an excuse? Plus, the only ones even capable of making an excuse would be the coaches or the players. You know, the ones that actual had some influence on the game? Take a rumor with a grain of salt or ignore it. It was clearly posted in the title that this thread was a rumor.

delhalew
10/25/2011, 10:32 AM
Why do you assume that someone passing on a rumor is an excuse? Plus, the only ones even capable of making an excuse would be the coaches or the players. You know, the ones that actual had some influence on the game? Take a rumor with a grain of salt or ignore it. It was clearly posted in the title that this thread was a rumor.

Yeah. Sorry, I thought it was clear I was defending OP against those that said he was making Aggie excuses.

Oldnslo
10/25/2011, 10:42 AM
FWIW, I did see Ronnell come out on a play in the 3d quarter. When he took his helmet off, he looked kind of ashen. I hadn't thought "sick" at the time, but it fits.

Pigface1
10/25/2011, 10:59 AM
I joked that Mike Stoops took all the players out drinking the night before. They literally looked extremely hungover.

PalmBeachSooner
10/25/2011, 01:02 PM

It's not that inconvenient. The team goes to a hotel the night before a home game. Everyone gets fed, scholly or no scholly.

Herr Scholz
10/25/2011, 01:32 PM
http://www.spackler.ca/storage/airplaneJive.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=129705 8682045

http://blissfullycaffeinated.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/airplane7a.jpg

Taxman71
10/25/2011, 01:37 PM
I think the team caught a computer virus after reading the score predictions on this site.

TooSoon
10/25/2011, 01:50 PM
but whaley didn't even eat any of the salmon mousse!

No, they had two choices that night: fish or steak. Tech had lasagna.:)