10/24/2011, 03:58 PM
Just for fun...In the past 5 seasons...

Games we lost cuz of preparation and/or execution:
07 Colorado
07 WVU (Fiesta Bowl)
10 Missouri
10 A&M
11 Tech

Games we should have won(But lost cuz of injuries)
07 Tech (Sam)
08 Texas (RR)

That brings us to
08 Florida which could easily fit into both with Redzone play calling and DM7 Injury

Cursed:
09 BYU (Sam, Gresham& Co)
09 Miami (Sam, Gresham& Co)
09 Texas (Sam, Gresham& Co)
09 Nebrasaka (Sam, Gresham& Co)
09 Tech (Sam, Gresham& Co)

rekamrettuB
10/24/2011, 03:59 PM
Sounds good.

cvsooner
10/24/2011, 04:13 PM
08 Fiesta Bowl (WVU) could be in both categories too.

Partial Qualifier
10/24/2011, 04:25 PM
Games we should have won(But lost cuz of injuries)
07 Tech (Sam)
08 Texas (RR)

<whorn fan> Texass won that game on account'a Shipley's kickoff return for a TD, inspirin' the boys in orange on to a rousing victory! </whorn fan>

They really do think they just "turned on the magic" and rose up as the superior team... no grasp of the fact our middle was a gaping hole when Brandon Crow replaced RR in that game.

Greg Davis did two things right his entire career at Texas: dumbed down the offense in 2005 for VY, and kept throwing over the middle after RR got hurt in 2008. Do they acknowledge GD actually did a smart thing in the 2008 RRS?? No....

ok, done.. sorry... carry on

Always_Sooner
10/24/2011, 07:46 PM
agreed.

oumartin
10/24/2011, 07:51 PM
you guys shoulda lived through the 90's and you would appreciate the teams we have now! :D

8timechamps
10/24/2011, 07:53 PM
you guys shoulda lived through the 90's and you would appreciate the teams we have now! :D

So true.

Ground_Attack
10/24/2011, 08:42 PM
why do you assume that you know why we lost? Aren't there 50-60 teams each week that lose games for lack of execution/preparation/talent/...blah blah blah? Bottom line is that we have won WAY more than we have lose and you relative OU noobs that expect a trip to the BCS title game every year need to get a grip on reality.

5thYearSooner
10/25/2011, 08:22 AM
why do you assume that you know why we lost?

Opinion is different from assumption.

Aren't there 50-60 teams each week that lose games for lack of execution/preparation/talent/..

Im a sooner fan so 50-60 teams aren't my concern

relative OU noobs that expect a trip to the BCS title game every year

Yes I expect us to go to BCS title game every year..

Sooner in Tampa
10/25/2011, 08:54 AM
^^^^ FIFY!!!!

soonermix
10/25/2011, 09:24 AM
you relative OU noobs that expect a trip to the BCS title game every year need to get a grip on reality.

every year? hope yes, but not expect
but i don't think it is too much to expect a trip to the BCS title game when we are the preseason #1

jkjsooner
10/25/2011, 09:32 AM
but i don't think it is too much to expect a trip to the BCS title game when we are the preseason #1

Or to have our losses to KSU, A&M, or OSU not a mediocre TTech at home.

It's not the fact that we lost. It's who we lost to and how we played.

Sure, losses like this have happened since the dawn of OU football. That doesn't mean we're not going to complain about it nor does it mean that we expect to play for the title every year.

Spray
10/25/2011, 09:51 AM
How many games have we won that we should have lost?

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2011, 10:10 AM

Even if you put a lot of stock in those rankings (I don't), 2 teams had already been elevated past us before we lost a game by those fickle ranking dudes. And pre-season rankings are just a prediction anyway, with no basis of what is on the field.
But I'm with you on your first sentence - maybe not every year, but most.

rekamrettuB
10/25/2011, 10:29 AM
How many games have we won that we should have lost?

Is this a trick question?

If you are talking Vegas lines then there aren't many games OU "should have lost". At Mizzu '06. At Oregon '06*. Stanford '09??? (I don't recall this line).

There's only a handful of games that, by Vegas standards, OU "should have lost".

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/25/2011, 10:37 AM

There have been like 4 teams that have started #1 that finished #1 in 80 years. We were one of them with a loss (85) so we didn't go wire to wire (i think that narrows it down to 2). Your argument doesn't hold much water historically.

Partial Qualifier
10/25/2011, 10:41 AM
Semantics aside, can't we all agree this was a ridiculously disappointing effort and it sucks monkey balls to see yet another promising opportunity at #8 slip through our fingers?

5thYearSooner
10/25/2011, 10:43 AM
Semantics aside, can't we all agree this was a ridiculously disappointing effort and it sucks monkey balls to see yet another promising opportunity at #8 slip through our fingers?
Absolutely..

tator
10/25/2011, 10:50 AM
I know I'm disappointed in my performance Saturday night.

5thYearSooner
10/25/2011, 11:02 AM
I know I'm disappointed in my performance Saturday night.
Is it lack of talent or bad coaching or bad execution or injury or food poisoning?

tator
10/25/2011, 11:11 AM
Is it lack of talent or bad coaching or bad execution or injury or food poisoning?I blame my girlfriend, she wasn't acting sexy enough

Fraggle145
10/25/2011, 12:02 PM

Since everyone else still thinks its too much to expect to go to the title game even when you are preseason #1... (I dont know what else you have to be to expect to go to the title game? maybe play in the SEC West?)

Is it too much to expect if you are the preseason #1, that was still #1, and hung 50 points on Texas, to beat a 2-loss Texas Tech team at home (where we havent lost in 6 years)?

I'll take my answer off the air...