PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless: "Fire Bob Stoops?"

BigTip
10/24/2011, 01:46 PM
Holy Cow! I went to ESPN to look at rankings, and on the right side of the screen is a video playlist. Choose "Fire Bob Stoops?" Very entertaining.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

I hope it's there. Maybe someone can find a better link.

Skip Bayless is ranting on an on about like most of us here are. You can tell he really is upset by the loss. Sort of sweet. lol

He says that Bob is the best recruiter in the country, but squanders the talent. That's funny to hear him say that about Bob because I have always said the exact same thing about Mack Brown.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/24/2011, 01:50 PM
He is an actor..That's typical Skip

yankee
10/24/2011, 01:54 PM
He is an idiot..That's typical Skip

fify

Sooner Among The Pack
10/24/2011, 02:07 PM
Gosh, I don't think he is acting. I think is really emotional...and also very irrational. Starting with calling the 03 MNC against LSU a "blowout".

TUSooner
10/24/2011, 02:09 PM
Skip Bayless is ranting on an on about like most of us here are. You can tell he really is upset by the loss. Sort of sweet. lol

Ha. Poor guy, just like "one of us." Yeah, I empathize with him, a lot, really. But as we all know (Skip too), you can't get rid of Bob and be sure of getting anything better, or even as good.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/24/2011, 02:10 PM
Skip has publicly stated he can't stand Bob Stoops. It's a personal issue with him.

badger
10/24/2011, 02:36 PM
stoops didn't hug him enough when skip was a child. ;)

soonerboy_odanorth
10/24/2011, 02:40 PM
Skip has publicly stated he can't stand Bob Stoops. It's a personal issue with him.

Just as it was a personal issue with Skip about Barry Switzer. He was the conductor on the Fire Barry train, too.

He doesn't love OU any more than say your typical Husker does.... but with less respect for OU in his heart than the Husker has.

Why would any of you pay attention to that fool?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/24/2011, 02:44 PM
Just as it was a personal issue with Skip about Barry Switzer. He was the conductor on the Fire Barry train, too.

He doesn't love OU any more than say your typical Husker does.... but with less respect for OU in his heart than the Husker has.

Why would any of you pay attention to that fool?That seems right to me. i don't understand how a professed Sooner fan such as he is could invite chaos on the team like that, unless he is totally driven by sensationalism, as some media folks are.

Herr Scholz
10/24/2011, 03:09 PM
Complete idiot.

cleller
10/24/2011, 03:13 PM
A few points were made though:
The team is occasionally flat, when they should not be
Red flags on the D in two previous games
The level of talent on hand doesn't always translate to the bottom line

They don't outweigh the positives of the Stoops era, his record speaks for itself.

Flagstaffsooner
10/24/2011, 03:30 PM
I need to use a personal cleaning product after listening to that.

rock on sooner
10/24/2011, 03:32 PM
A true Sooner fan embraces the entire squad and coaching staff. Bayless opines he is a fan but it appears to me that he is an empty
headed talker bent on listening to his own head rattle. Having watched him on Espin spouting expert has convinced me that he is
a jack @ss of all trades and master of all blather.

rekamrettuB
10/24/2011, 03:59 PM
Bob losses another "big game".

"Big Game is defined as any game that OU and/or Bob Stoops losses.

cccasooner2
10/24/2011, 04:10 PM
I think he was embarrased that he chose OU as being a contender for the MNC this year. On an
ESPN program yesterday, he implied that his judgement had been clouded by the fact he had been dropped in OKC.

TUSooner
10/24/2011, 04:35 PM
A true Sooner fan embraces the entire squad and coaching staff....

**** that Pollyanna bull****! A TRUE fan is not required to be happy and sing "Kum-ba-yah" when his teams poops its collective pants. This is big-time college football. Ya gotta at least put up a good fiight every week. Else quit the team and go to class -- or get a real job.

BigTip
10/24/2011, 04:58 PM
**** that Pollyanna bull****! A TRUE fan is not required to be happy and sing "Kum-ba-yah" when his teams poops its collective pants. This is big-time college football. Ya gotta at least put up a good fiight every week. Else quit the team and go to class -- or get a real job.

True dat! It's not an eight year old's soccer team where you don't want to "hurt their self esteem" by telling them they lost because they weren't as good as the other team.

47Wins
10/24/2011, 08:24 PM
How seriously can you take anyone named Skip?

MountainOkie
10/24/2011, 08:28 PM
Skip Bayless rages and rants about everything. That's his job. Haven't you seen the segment where Skip has a "tet a tet" with some former basketball/football player? Skip does his best to get the jock to jump over the table and try to strangle him. Speaking of which, Kordell Stewart's eyes get wide and he starts talking really fast when he gets angry.

tulsaoilerfan
10/24/2011, 08:30 PM
Skip Bayless is a total idiot and why he is even on TV is one of life's biggest mysteries

8timechamps
10/24/2011, 08:30 PM
Didn't King Barrah mention Skip by name in Bootlegger's Boy, along with his phone number so that fans could call him and vent?

OU-HSV
10/24/2011, 08:36 PM
Skip is a freaking d-bag. He's always claiming to be a big OU fan, yet is always running his mouth about OU's "shortcomings" and griping about Stoops. I watched about half of this out of boredom and I had to stop it. He's an idiot. As someone else mentioned he referred to the BCS national championship against LSU as a "blowout"...that obviously wasn't an accurate statement.
Although Stoops is obviously in charge of the coaches and team, this loss isn't one to blame on coaching IMO. I thought overall this loss fell on the players. Fumbles, dropped passes, missed field goals, terrible defensive positioning multiple times/specifically in pass coverage. Just got whipped.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/24/2011, 08:45 PM
Do you guys realize that ESPN now has 2 former WWE commentators working for them? It's not about sports, it's about saying something to get a rise out of people

royalfan5
10/24/2011, 08:47 PM
Skip Bayless is the Sports talking head equivalent of Fred Phelps.

Oldnslo
10/24/2011, 08:50 PM
He's not just the bag; he's the hose and the nozzle, too.

prrriiide
10/24/2011, 09:04 PM
I have no desire to waste any minutes of my life listening to that knob-gobbler hold forth.

BB37
10/24/2011, 09:07 PM
How seriously can you take anyone named Skip?

Depends on the person. My Dad's name is Skip, so I always take him seriously.

Bayless? Not so much.

silverwheels
10/24/2011, 09:10 PM
I'm surprised Skip Bayless hasn't started an "Occupy Lindsey Street" movement yet.

Sabanball
10/24/2011, 09:37 PM
Skip is so far up the Big 12 and Bob's arse he would not dare say anything like this.

rock on sooner
10/24/2011, 09:50 PM
TUSooner and BigTip...Up both yours...embrace the team and coaches until and if something happpens that flies in the face of reason
and logic that would dictate a reason to bolt or turn on the team. Both of you...stuff it!!!!!!!!!!

BigTip
10/24/2011, 11:28 PM
TUSooner and BigTip...Up both yours...embrace the team and coaches until and if something happpens that flies in the face of reason
and logic that would dictate a reason to bolt or turn on the team. Both of you...stuff it!!!!!!!!!!

Huh?

Step away from the from the bong and read the thread again.

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2011, 12:09 AM
That's not bong talk, that's more like Jack Daniel's speaking.

Blue
10/25/2011, 12:13 AM
Skip was a waste of paper when I read his articles out in San Jose. Nothing has changed. I bet he still can't believe how much he gets paid for being a complete a-hole.

silverwheels
10/25/2011, 12:30 AM
Skip is so far up the Big 12 and Bob's arse he would not dare say anything like this.

Not sure if serious...

Vegas Sooner
10/25/2011, 04:24 PM
Skip sucks.

papawlambert
10/25/2011, 07:37 PM
He did get run out of the DFW market didn't he? Is he the guy that has the bad cooking show?
Papaw

SoonerinSouthlake
10/25/2011, 08:02 PM
he makes a living off saying expressing "out there" opinions and getting people to talk about him.....uh like us...on this thread. Its always been his style. Its just schtick on the air

On the other hand Ive know people who have worked with him who have said he is a completely self absorbed A-hole and nobody likes him. He didnt get run out of Dallas because of his tired act..he left Dallas because he was fired from KTCK. And he was fired from KTCK because again, nobody could stand him.

Also, funny, I heard Troy Aikman do a live interview where the subject of Skip Bayless came up. Skip, as you may recall implied in his book that Troy was gay. Troy said, Skip, before the book was a regular at Valley Ranch. AFter the book, Skip NEVER returned to Valley Ranch and Troy has not personally seen him other than on TV since 1994. Troy said he truly wasnt sure that he wouldnt inflict bodily harm on Skip when/if he does ever come across him....he wasnt joking

No matter how you look at it...Skip Bayless is a world class spare.

Rocker
10/25/2011, 08:14 PM
Didn't King Barrah mention Skip by name in Bootlegger's Boy, along with his phone number so that fans could call him and vent?

That was Jack Taylor

cccasooner2
10/25/2011, 08:36 PM
he makes a living off saying expressing "out there" opinions and getting people to talk about him.....uh like us...on this thread. Its always been his style. Its just schtick on the air

On the other hand Ive know people who have worked with him who have said he is a completely self absorbed A-hole and nobody likes him. He didnt get run out of Dallas because of his tired act..he left Dallas because he was fired from KTCK. And he was fired from KTCK because again, nobody could stand him.

Also, funny, I heard Troy Aikman do a live interview where the subject of Skip Bayless came up. Skip, as you may recall implied in his book that Troy was gay. Troy said, Skip, before the book was a regular at Valley Ranch. AFter the book, Skip NEVER returned to Valley Ranch and Troy has not personally seen him other than on TV since 1994. Troy said he truly wasnt sure that he wouldnt inflict bodily harm on Skip when/if he does ever come across him....he wasnt joking

No matter how you look at it...Skip Bayless is a world class spare.

Jeeze, I always thought Skip was gay, lol. Is Valley Ranch a gay urban cowboy hangout?

King Barry's Back
10/25/2011, 08:41 PM
deleted

MyT Oklahoma
10/25/2011, 09:47 PM
Who is Skip Bayless or am I missing something?

sooneron
10/25/2011, 10:39 PM
He did get run out of the DFW market didn't he? Is he the guy that has the bad cooking show?
Papaw
Yes he did and it's his brother, Rick that has the cooking show along with some great restaurants. Your cooking prowess knows very little if you think his is bad. His **** rocks.

OULenexaman
10/26/2011, 09:17 AM
and logic that would dictate a reason to bolt or turn on the team. Both of you...stuff it!!!!!!!!!! your meds need a refill..

rock on sooner
10/26/2011, 09:40 AM
Odd that you say that, OULenexaman, I just reordered but I appreciate the reminder.

papawlambert
10/26/2011, 09:49 AM
Yes he did and it's his brother, Rick that has the cooking show along with some great restaurants. Your cooking prowess knows very little if you think his is bad. His **** rocks.
Sooneron,
Accidentally turned to the show one day and thought it said Skip Bayless. That was enough for me to change channels.
I love great food, CF steak, fried chicken, chili, collard greens, and so on. My wife is an excellent cook, so cooking shows offer me little.
Papaw

bluedogok
10/26/2011, 05:02 PM
Does anyone remember the restaurant that the Bayless parents owned/ran? For some reason I keep thinking it was Glen's Hickory Inn.

stoopified
10/27/2011, 03:51 PM
He is an idiot.That's typical SkipFixed

85sooners
10/27/2011, 03:56 PM
skippy looks funny

Vegas Sooner
10/27/2011, 05:26 PM
Skip is fake and full of BS. ....Now delete this thread!

Soonrs
10/27/2011, 06:08 PM
Skip, being the ultimate OU fan, debated Lil' Wayne on who would win the OU/Florida game a few years ago on ESPN. He choose Florida. He may have been right but an OU fan never picks the other team to win.

jellyfish
10/27/2011, 07:08 PM

Agree!

BoomerJ
10/27/2011, 07:56 PM
FIRE SKIP BAYLESS!!! or maybe don't watch him.

Flagstaffsooner
10/27/2011, 08:23 PM
So when does a Vanderbilt guy start calling the shots at OU?

swardboy
10/27/2011, 08:29 PM
Does anyone remember the restaurant that the Bayless parents owned/ran? For some reason I keep thinking it was Glen's Hickory Inn.

OH Glen's...$5 buffet with steaks and ribs back in the day...

soonerboy_odanorth
10/27/2011, 09:16 PM
.... an OU fan never picks the other team to win.

You rang?

Blue
10/27/2011, 09:36 PM
Skip is fake and full of BS. ....Now delete this thread!

I agree! The only bigger dooshrockets in sports media are Jim Rome and Dan Patrick! Ya know? Heh.

BigTip
10/27/2011, 10:13 PM

Agree!

sigh

For those reading comprehension impaired people, neither I, nor TUSooner, called for Bob's firing. Hardly. That's just crazy "look at me because I need ratings" talk by Bayless. I only pointed out his video rant about losing the game. He appeared to be as upset about the loss as most of us were (are?). He even went so far as to fling some spittle while ranting. lol What a goon!

soonerboy_odanorth
10/28/2011, 04:51 PM
So when does a Vanderbilt guy start calling the shots at OU?

Um... as an alum I speak for everyone at Vandy: We don't want him either. Don't blame him on us.

cvsooner
10/28/2011, 05:23 PM
Jim Ross had the best comment: "For those who have bolted the Sooner Schooner, shame on you and that includes ESPN's Skip 'Town' Bayless. I hear Okie State has tickets available."

http://oklahoma.247sports.com/Article/JRs-7-Points-to-Ponder-K-State-46165

Vegas Sooner
10/30/2011, 05:51 AM
He didn't even go to the University of Oklahoma.

He should worry about Vandy; End of story.

Vegas Sooner
10/30/2011, 05:51 AM
He didn't even go to the University of Oklahoma.

Piware
10/30/2011, 11:44 AM
Who would the Skipper recommend to replace Bob? I hear John Blake or Smellyburger might be available. Sheesh Bayless - get a life.

SoonerShark
10/30/2011, 12:35 PM
Texas always has the top talent, but has won only two Big XII Championships since Stoops has been at Oklahoma, while the Sooners have seven, and only two of the seven championship games was close, 2000 and 2010.

SoonerofAlabama
10/30/2011, 01:32 PM
He is still talking crap.

BigTip
10/30/2011, 02:09 PM
Texas always has the top talent, but has won only two Big XII Championships since Stoops has been at Oklahoma, while the Sooners have seven, and only two of the seven championship games was close, 2000 and 2010.

Exactly. If there's anyone that is known for squandering talent, it's Mack Brown.

StoopTroup
10/30/2011, 02:33 PM
I heard his prawn name was Skip Ball-less

jellyfish
10/30/2011, 02:42 PM
He is paid to act. 1st take is a PTI wanna be with acting where one side takes the other. ESPN sucks.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/30/2011, 02:46 PM

Ya know.. I think I addressed this one already.

Again, in however poor regard you may hold Vandy ("candy Vandy", "Comode-dores", etc.), don't associate that lowly piece of garbage with my fine university. Really, enough already!

sooneron
11/2/2011, 09:48 AM
Sooneron,
Accidentally turned to the show one day and thought it said Skip Bayless. That was enough for me to change channels.
I love great food, CF steak, fried chicken, chili, collard greens, and so on. My wife is an excellent cook, so cooking shows offer me little.
Papaw

I bow down to your well traveled palate, then.

SoonerSpock
11/2/2011, 11:59 AM
Skip needs to be given the benefit of the doubt for going to Vanderbilt. He earned a journalism scholarship at Vandy when going to college was going to be costly for a lower middle class family that would have had difficulty paying his way to OU. Probably was raised a big Sooner fan as most everyone from that era was a big OU fan even OSU graduates.

However having been exposed to his writings since the mid-seventies when he came to the Dallas Morning News the only favorable comment about the Sooners I have ever heard from Skip is his declaration that he is a big OU fan. Obviously he does not understand the concept of being a fan in that throwing OU, Switzer and Stoops under the bus has been his forte. He only uses OU to create controversy and better his own career.

No question he is a full blown ****** bag in every sense of the word.