PDA

View Full Version : We Need Some Levity!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/24/2011, 10:29 AM
I had forgotten what a biohazard the football board is after a loss.

DCSooner
10/24/2011, 10:31 AM
I am begining to miss the days without Facebook as well. Jeebus the Pokes are KILLING me.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/24/2011, 10:39 AM
It actually isn't as bad as it's been before..

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/24/2011, 10:45 AM
I am begining to miss the days without Facebook as well. Jeebus the Pokes are KILLING me.My Poke friends must not be as bad as yours.

DCSooner
10/24/2011, 10:46 AM
My Poke friends must not be as bad as yours. Well, I am from Ponca, so the majority of my friends are Poncan. The majority of Poncans are Cowboys.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/24/2011, 10:47 AM

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/24/2011, 10:47 AM
Well, I am from Ponca, so the majority of my friends are Poncan. The majority of Poncans are Cowboys.My friend's cousins are from Ponca. Their dad used to be the DA.

DCSooner
10/24/2011, 11:26 AM
My friend's cousins are from Ponca. Their dad used to be the DA.Another one of your friends cousins is city attorney.

badger
10/24/2011, 12:37 PM
There once was a time when losing a football game meant that my holiday vacation plans were diminished. Sooners win a lot, we go to the Rose Bowl. Or the Orange Bowl. Or the Sugar Bowl. And I go too!

Lose and the Sooners go to the Cotton Bowl. Or the Holiday Bowl. And those trips are shorter and not as fun.

But, as I am no longer a band member and have not become a wealthy Sooner alum with zounds of spare money to take these expensive holiday vacations on my own, does it really matter?

If a big storm hits statewide postponing the start of the OU game causing OU to lose focus and lose at home, how exactly does this impact me personally?

1- I will no longer have scalpers arm and leg me for tickets, even if the opponent is Ball freaking State.

2- The state might not be so unseasonably hot and the ground might not be so pathetically dry with drought following the storm (it isn't!)

3- No longer worried about how long the home win streak, the BCS and every other stupid meaningless thing out there impacts my team.

Pressure's off, folks. Time to just enjoy the team for what it is: Fun to watch in victory, almost inspiring in coming back from a 24-point deficit.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/24/2011, 12:55 PM
Another one of your friends cousins is city attorney.Wow. I did not know that. I met those cousins at the lake back in college when K.C. was about 12. I don't know if he's the city attorney.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/24/2011, 12:56 PM
There once was a time when losing a football game meant that my holiday vacation plans were diminished. Sooners win a lot, we go to the Rose Bowl. Or the Orange Bowl. Or the Sugar Bowl. And I go too!

Lose and the Sooners go to the Cotton Bowl. Or the Holiday Bowl. And those trips are shorter and not as fun.

But, as I am no longer a band member and have not become a wealthy Sooner alum with zounds of spare money to take these expensive holiday vacations on my own, does it really matter?

If a big storm hits statewide postponing the start of the OU game causing OU to lose focus and lose at home, how exactly does this impact me personally?

1- I will no longer have scalpers arm and leg me for tickets, even if the opponent is Ball freaking State.

2- The state might not be so unseasonably hot and the ground might not be so pathetically dry with drought following the storm (it isn't!)

3- No longer worried about how long the home win streak, the BCS and every other stupid meaningless thing out there impacts my team.

Pressure's off, folks. Time to just enjoy the team for what it is: Fun to watch in victory, almost inspiring in coming back from a 24-point deficit.Nonsense! We have to win every game by 50 points or life is worthless!!

badger
10/24/2011, 01:01 PM
Nonsense! We have to win every game by 50 points or life is worthless!!

I know, right? Our team must be sick of reading us online, hearing how their wins aren't good enough for us unappreciative fans or whatever. I came from a high school that was WINLESS my senior year. Yet, we had to show up every game to play our stupid rah-rahs. Same with basketball and the other sports we'd occasionally attend (volleyball/rasslin).

I've been amazed at how winning by itself is not good enough for some fans out there... that's kind of what inspired me to start the meltdown thread, to show how miserable losing is (and because some fanbases are d@mn funny to read).

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/24/2011, 01:03 PM
I wish being responsible for the loss as a fan also came along with the $$ the coaches get

badger
10/24/2011, 01:07 PM
I hope that for just one season, the regents don't shower Stoops with yet another raise. Dude already makes $5 million annually!

I know our program brings in tons of donor and booster money, but I've discovered that fanbase insanity following losses directly correlates to the size of the coaching contracts.

soonerboomer93
10/24/2011, 01:09 PM
The football board is toxic after a win

soonerbrat
10/24/2011, 01:30 PM
I just hope we are able to crush the pokes' dreams about national championship games this year. OR, that they go play LSU in the sugar bowl and get their asses handed to them in a yellow and purple cup.

badger
10/24/2011, 01:39 PM
Playing spoiler is what weak programs do. I just want to win, who cares what happens to other teams because of it :)

soonerbrat
10/24/2011, 02:07 PM
I just want to win, too, but it also makes me smile when oSu loses, so if we can win and crush their dreams all at the same time, it's a win-win for me.. childish? yes. my nickname "brat" isn't just some cutesy name I came up with. I earned it.

3rdgensooner
10/24/2011, 02:14 PM
I just want to win, too, but it also makes me smile when oSu loses, so if we can win and crush their dreams all at the same time, it's a win-win for me.. childish? yes. my nickname "brat" isn't just some cutesy name I came up with. I earned it.Don't go changin'

soonerbrat
10/24/2011, 02:30 PM
I got that lovely idea about OSU playing LSU from 3gen. I never thought about it that way until you came along. you changed my life. that would make me smile too.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/24/2011, 02:32 PM
I like the way you talk.

IB4OU2
10/24/2011, 03:49 PM
Welcome to my world...I work in Stillwater (but live in Tulsa). Honestly it hasn't been that bad. Iv'e only had two Pokes make a comment to me so far. The rest are afraid...I guess. It helps to be in upper managment. :D

8timechamps
10/24/2011, 04:29 PM
Wait...we have a football board?!

badger
10/24/2011, 04:30 PM
I got that lovely idea about OSU playing LSU from 3gen. I never thought about it that way until you came along. you changed my life. that would make me smile too.

I hate the idea. It means one of them is guaranteed the crystal ball :les: [hairGel]

soonerbrat
10/24/2011, 04:46 PM
I hate the idea. It means one of them is guaranteed the crystal ball :les: [hairGel]

true,. but if they must go to nawlins, i want the experience to be as unpleasant as possible.

soonerboomer93
10/24/2011, 07:54 PM

F that, it also means we lose to the pokes

soonercruiser
10/26/2011, 09:53 AM

Pressure's off, folks. Time to just enjoy the team for what it is: Fun to watch in victory, almost inspiring in coming back from a 24-point deficit.

Ah ha!
So......"Life" should make us smile!?
If you ain't smilin', get another life, or change yours!
:encouragement:

badger
10/26/2011, 06:07 PM
Ah ha!
So......"Life" should make us smile!?
If you ain't smilin', get another life, or change yours!
:encouragement:

A few mean classmates would take joy in telling others who were not as popular that they "had a life" when something like studying, reading or doing homework was suggested. The irony is that these people never went on to college and are stuck with boring nothing lives.

As such, I will never suggest to anyone to "get a life" or tell others that I "have a life." :)

8timechamps
10/26/2011, 07:57 PM
A few mean classmates would take joy in telling others who were not as popular that they "had a life" when something like studying, reading or doing homework was suggested. The irony is that these people never went on to college and are stuck with boring nothing lives.

As such, I will never suggest to anyone to "get a life" or tell others that I "have a life." :)

For most of us, high school lasted 4 years...for the people you referenced, high school lasts a lifetime. And that's kinda sad.

I had a ball in high school, but it's funny to see where everyone's path led them. Most of the "coolest" kids ended up bagging groceries or asking if I "want fries with that?". NTTAWWT :)