PDA

View Full Version : The Big Tease and the Perfect Storm

soonerboy_odanorth
10/24/2011, 10:25 AM
So full disclosure...

I post garbage like this...

"Well I know who is utilizing all 20 hours... Kansas State. Which is what gives them the edge to beat us next weekend."
-or-
"Sure, why not? They're [K-State’s] going to win the Big XII after they beat us next week..."
-or-
"No crowd we have this year will match what we will face next week in Manhatten against the Kitties. One contributing factor in our loss there, anyway...."
-or-
"I'll be happy to lay all my vCash on K-State."

... simply because I like either bugging the heck out of the sunshine pumpers, or reeling in the fish that that think I am some sort of closet aggroid, or simply to make an old school "mojo play". So there's the "Big Tease." (Not unlike the big tease we've been given by this year's Sooners squad in looking All World for at least a couple of games.)

But then I go on to support the ridiculous statements above with things like this:

"Flatsville again. Landry can't hit the deep throws. Receivers have developed a case of the dropsies. We can't run the football. The D still gives up too many big plays. The kickoff coverage is horrendous. We can't kick a FG over 30."

And here's why: Because this statement can't really be refuted. All of it is quite true... with the caveat that each statement should start with "Sometimes...".

As in...

"Sometimes, we are Flatsville"
-or-
"Sometimes, Landry can't hit the deep throws"
-or-
"Sometimes, we can't kick a FG over 30"

.. you get the picture.

And the thing is, every team in the country has flaws like these. Going through the season you will see them exhibited from time to time. Unfortunately, what happened Saturday night is they all were put on full display at the same time. And that, as with any team, is what will result in a loss.

So, we had the Perfect Storm.

But fear not kiddies and kiditos... There is a lot of football to be played yet. You never know how things are going to turn out. We'll need some help, but here are some notes about this year's Sooners team:

Landry Jones makes all the NFL-type throws. The receivers make big plays. The running backs are electric. The defensive line creates havok. The linebackers are ferocious tacklers. The defensive backs are shut down turnover makers. Special Teams look special.

Sure, all of these things can also be prefaced with "Sometimes...". But do you think that they won't all come together more consistently sometime?

Maybe this team is ready to go rub K-State's noses in kitty litter and see how they like it.

Stay tuned.

SoonerAtKU
10/24/2011, 10:29 AM
I have no idea whether this is a jinx or not now...

You've double-flipped my mind, North.

delhalew
10/24/2011, 10:33 AM
I hate/love you.

delhalew
10/24/2011, 10:33 AM
Sometimes...

FaninAma
10/24/2011, 10:35 AM
And if the team shows up flat in the first half like they have done in every game save Tulsa, FSU and Texas we will get beat again.

I don't know how other teams avoid showing up flat for games or maybe they are just lucky enough to play somebody they can beat anyway like we did against Missouri, Kansas and Ball State.

And it is obvious that this team plays well at home because of our much maligned crowd/fans because it was appare
nt the smaller crowd affected the team and they were unable to motivate without the sellout crowd cheering them on.

And I really don't want to hear about players criticizing the crowd. They and the coaches checked out before most of the crowd did.

BTW, it is apparent there is no mojo or reverse mojo. There are no lucky shirts or unlucky shirts. There is only the players and the coaches and preparation and talent and motivation.

I'll let you guess which was missing Saturday night.

BigTip
10/24/2011, 10:57 AM
"Perfect Storm"

I said that on the game thread during the game. "This is turning into a perfect sh*t storm."

Dio
10/24/2011, 11:58 AM
Doomed?

FtwTxSooner
10/24/2011, 12:00 PM
Seems like these "Perfect Storms" happen at least on an annual basis.

3rdgensooner
10/24/2011, 12:16 PM
Sometimes, I don't get the point of a thread.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/24/2011, 02:34 PM
Doomed?

If you have to ask... it's not funny.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/24/2011, 02:34 PM
Or is that, if you have to explain it, it's not funny...

soonerboy_odanorth
10/24/2011, 02:35 PM
BTW, it is apparent there is no mojo or reverse mojo.

You shut your filthy pie-hole!

sooner_born_1960
10/24/2011, 02:36 PM
There is nothing funny about you bandwagon-jumper-offers.

BigTip
10/24/2011, 03:15 PM
There is nothing funny about you bandwagon-jumper-offers.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyXj8yY8G5oSiB9fTOjbqaA7uktN3OC n9Ekzb9f_dQXNdIQ4mtTDK_iIVI

budbarrybob
10/24/2011, 03:24 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyXj8yY8G5oSiB9fTOjbqaA7uktN3OC n9Ekzb9f_dQXNdIQ4mtTDK_iIVI

yeah but for last Sat. you should insert a picture of a fat ugly biatch (first half) but with great boobs (second half).