PDA

View Full Version : OUs Fanbase

oudavid1
10/23/2011, 09:44 PM
Seems just fine to me.

I think last last night we were well represented giving the circumstances and the crowd did "their job" in my opinion.

I know the student section seemed under maned, but given the fact that most of the students were tired and havent really been able to party, most of them (especially the ladies) just didnt want to put in an all-nighter.

I think the reasons for defeat were these:

Lack of solid pass rush.
Lack of 3rd receiving option for first 3 quarters.
Lack of ability to run the football.
Lack of saftey help for our first time starting corner.

I am aware Gabe Lynn has starter before but as a 3rd corner. This was his first shot at being a primary coverage back. Tech went after DeMontre for a little while but then switched their cross hairs on Gabe and kept firing til they got him pulled. It was a solid strategy and it worked. Not having Tom Wort was a big factor in stopping their running ability.

BoomerJ
10/23/2011, 09:58 PM
I agree.

jumperstop
10/23/2011, 10:52 PM
Yeup, I acctually felt like in the third during the almost comeback that the crowd was one of the loudest all season.

Neath a Western Sky
10/23/2011, 11:07 PM
Agree with David on all points, especially regarding our lack of pass rush. We just couldn't get to that guy. So frustrating. He had plenty of time to find his man/men on most passing plays. While Landry made numerous errant throws and decisions last night, he faced much more of a pass rush than did the Tech QB.

starclassic tama
10/23/2011, 11:46 PM
decent points, except i wouldn't really point to the lack of ability to run the football. averaged 5 yards per carry, just didn't run it that much. the offense is not really to blame at all for the loss, i think it falls 100% on special teams and the defense

jumperstop
10/24/2011, 01:12 AM
Agree with David on all points, especially regarding our lack of pass rush. We just couldn't get to that guy. So frustrating. He had plenty of time to find his man/men on most passing plays. While Landry made numerous errant throws and decisions last night, he faced much more of a pass rush than did the Tech QB.

Seemed like Tech had a lot of almost holds too.

SicEmBaylor
10/24/2011, 01:14 AM
There is nothing wrong with OU's fan base.

rdusooner
10/24/2011, 07:50 AM
OU's fan base is fine. The fact we played so poorly, at home specifically, was just a shock. We'll all be just as rabid and excited for the next game, as I'm sure the players will be too

thecrimsoncrusader
10/24/2011, 03:22 PM
The offense is just as much to blame as the defense given what they also didn't do in the first half of the game. If they would have taken care of their business on offense in the first half, Texas Tech would of also had less points on offense in the first half. They helped contribute to the deep hole and so did the special teams with providing good field position for Texas Tech.

budbarrybob
10/24/2011, 03:27 PM
It will be interesting where this team will go from here the games that seemed a lock earlier will be very tough tests. We could fall Hard.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/24/2011, 03:32 PM
The KSU game will tell all. If Oklahoma wins it, then they still give a damn about the season. If they don't, well, it was definitely a national title or bust season and they chose to bust. With the target now being on KSU, I think Oklahoma shows up and beats the ever living crap out of them. Something Oklahoma wouldn't have done if they would have won on Saturday. Strange how things work. Fortunately, KSU's pass defense isn't good, unlike Texas Tech's. Oklahoma had a lot of drops, but Texas Tech does cover pretty well down field.

toast
10/24/2011, 03:40 PM
decent points, except i wouldn't really point to the lack of ability to run the football. averaged 5 yards per carry, just didn't run it that much. the offense is not really to blame at all for the loss, i think it falls 100% on special teams and the defense

disagree, the offense had way too many 3 and outs which put the defense on the field more than they should have been. this was a total team failure, with blame on all 3 phases of the game.

mdklatt
10/24/2011, 10:10 PM
Yeup, I acctually felt like in the third during the almost comeback that the crowd was one of the loudest all season.

Hell, that was the loudest it's been since the last time Tech played here, even at 70% capacity.

AlboSooner
10/24/2011, 10:19 PM
I really thought that after OU pulled within ten, and we stop their returner at the 13 yard line in the North endzone, and the crowd was going crazy...I really thought Tech was done, that the D would come up with a stop, or a turnover, or a big hit to take the roof off the stadium....but I was wrong. Tech drove 87yards down the field to score and seal the game, despite the noise from the crowd.

yankee
10/25/2011, 03:11 PM
Hell, that was the loudest it's been since the last time Tech played here, even at 70% capacity.

+1

Beginning of the 2010 FSU game might have been louder, but I was impressed with the crowd noise at times.