PDA

View Full Version : New Intro Video and Deja Vu

Lott's Bandana
10/23/2011, 07:33 PM
George ****ing Cumby!!!

I was absolutely pumped up to see all the old-timers on the revision of the intro video. However, it was a bit troubling to me that I realized the players were actually getting to watch it for probably the first time in a long time, as they were on the field warming up after the storm.

No entry on to the field, no Sooner Schooner, a Tceh punter named Erxsleben???***...

...I actually thought it might be a strange night.

I wish I'd been wrong.

***Russell Erxleben was a Sooner killer. One afternoon in Dallas he kicked 114 field goals, including one for 63 yards, and Whorn killed us by running Earl Campbell to about the 50 yard line, then trot out Erxleben to kick a field goal. Most frustrating thing to see in the world. We played really well, yet that guy's foot stomped us to oblivion. He and TonyDiRienzo would both kick their kickoffs through the uprights every time.

Ironically, that game was the one that Earl Campbell will always remember. When asked, the Tyler Rose said George Cumby gave him the hardest hit he had taken in all his football career. GC hit Earl so hard it knocked him backwards, no small feat, and George knocked himself out.

That punter last night was Erxleben's kid. Gave me the creeps.

A Sooner in Texas
10/23/2011, 10:18 PM
In all the post-loss meltdown craziness, I had forgotten about the new video and would love to see it. Can't find it on Soonersports or even by googling it. Anyone take a video from the stands or have a link, please?