PDA

View Full Version : Chicken or Shrimp? -or- Chicken AND Shrip

8timechamps
10/23/2011, 06:27 PM
Thoughts? Concerns?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/23/2011, 07:09 PM
Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/23/2011, 07:26 PM
I'm using shrimp in the following recipe, together with snapper:

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/dads_fish_stew/

easy and dee-lish

Chicken AND shrimp? ... the only thing I can think of is jambalaya.

8timechamps
10/23/2011, 09:52 PM
I'm using shrimp in the following recipe, together with snapper:

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/dads_fish_stew/

easy and dee-lish

I went with just the skrimps. Used the recipe you posted....very good! Thanks for the info.

Next up....Chikenz

AlbqSooner
10/24/2011, 06:30 AM

I guess it is because of your location that you didn't mention Gumbo.

oudavid1
10/24/2011, 12:49 PM
concern: Your inconstant spelling. Hehe :encouragement:

virginiasooner
10/24/2011, 02:50 PM
Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

You neglected to mention bacon-wrapped shrimp.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/24/2011, 03:20 PM
You neglected to mention bacon-wrapped shrimp.Not to mention shrimp tacos and chipotle shrimp over rice.

SUPER EASY CHIPOTLE SHRIMP:
4 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, divided
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 lbs peeled deveined raw shrimp
2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
lemon wedge
Directions:
1Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skilled over medium heat. 2Add garlic and saute 30 seconds. 3Add shrimp and chipotles and saute 2 minutes. 4Add wine and parsley, cook until shrimp are just opaque in center (about two minutes). Season to taste with salt and pepper. 5Add remaining 1 tablespoon of chilled butter and stir until melted. 6Serve with lemon wedges.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/24/2011, 03:22 PM
I guess it is because of your location that you didn't mention Gumbo.

Well, you got me. I've had chicken gumbo and New Orleans Seafood Gumbo (a la Commander's Palace) but not chicken and shrimp gumbo. In any case, I'm looking for some bites of okra somewhere in there.