PDA

View Full Version : Players Calling us Out

SoonerGibb7
10/23/2011, 04:03 PM
@Br3nnanClay
Brennan Clay
I second that!! RT @RyanBroyles: Thank you all for your support! Much respect for our classy true fans! ⭕🙌

@chukaduka
Chuka Ndulue ✓
Thanks to all those who stayed through the whole ordeal last night, we appreciate all of you all for being true sooner fans.

@JMcCay19
Justin McCay
Thanks to all our real fans and the real people that stuck with us through the punches.

@DOM_IN_8
Dominique Whaley
Its good to kno thru the good n bad times that ur #truefans will stick with u. Thanks for the support sooner nation.

JLEW1818
10/23/2011, 04:08 PM
lol

cccasooner2
I didn't leave my sofa.

cleller
Now I can add shame and guilt to the other range of emotions going on.

ocsooner
10/23/2011, 04:09 PM
all 15 of them. I was there on my couch to the end (at least until flubberville started getting interviewed, then I had to get sick).

JLEW1818
10/23/2011, 04:10 PM
tell Ryan to hold onto the ball. ;)

MeMyself&Me
10/23/2011, 04:32 PM
Calling the fans out? Do the fans get to call them out for quarter assed arm tackling and dropped passes?

Tiger6
10/23/2011, 04:50 PM
Calling the fans out? Do the fans get to call them out for quarter assed arm tackling and dropped passes?

Exactly

These guys need to get a grip. Not every person that comes to the game is a college student and does not have a job. The fact of the matter is that there are people who had work the next day, or are elderly, and cannot stay out in the pouring rain until 3 am. They didnt show up during the first half for the fans, why in the hell should the fans have to show up for them. Shut up and play football.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2011, 04:57 PM
Calling the fans out? Do the fans get to call them out for quarter assed arm tackling and dropped passes? Players don't decide to miss a play and the other team is trying to force them to miss a few. Fans simply decide to stay or leave w/o even so much as a pass rush to deal with.

8timechamps
10/23/2011, 05:07 PM
The loss (much like the wins) has little, to nothing, to do with the fans. However, I was disappointed with the crowd (especially in the second half). I also understand that an hour and a half rain delay, and a poor performance was the reason. It just sucks because I almost never get back for a game, and to see all those empty seats just make me think "I would love to be there"...even for a loss.

Soonerus
10/23/2011, 05:08 PM
I think players showing an over reliance on fan cheering is a real sign of weakness. Fan cheering is primarily a function of the quality of play on the field and not vica versa...

MeMyself&Me
10/23/2011, 05:09 PM
Players don't decide to miss a play and the other team is trying to force them to miss a few. Fans simply decide to stay or leave w/o even so much as a pass rush to deal with.

I watched every minute of that game and if I was there, I would have been there to the end. However, I don't begrudge a single fan for turning off their TV after a while or leaving the game early. The players didn't deserve the fan support with the effort that was being put out. I don't say this after every loss. Losses happen. This was different. Much like watching the OSU game in 2001.

I'll also add that after a loss, you'd think the players would be more concerned with what they can do better rather than pointing fingers at the fans.

Tiger6
10/23/2011, 05:10 PM
Players don't decide to miss a play and the other team is trying to force them to miss a few. Fans simply decide to stay or leave w/o even so much as a pass rush to deal with.

Fans dont get a $60,000+ scholarship, athletic clothes, shoes, etc... to show up and cheer. See, I can do that too.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2011, 05:11 PM
The loss is a bitter pill to swallow with such expectations. Players are venting just like the people on this board - nothing to see here.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2011, 05:13 PM
Fans dont get a $60,000+ scholarship, athletic clothes, shoes, etc... to show up and cheer. See, I can do that too.

I'm just saying that fans staying to the bitter end and players making or missing plays is a bad analogy. The issues are completely orthogonal.

Okie35
10/23/2011, 05:14 PM
The loss (much like the wins) has little, to nothing, to do with the fans. However, I was disappointed with the crowd (especially in the second half). I also understand that an hour and a half rain delay, and a poor performance was the reason. It just sucks because I almost never get back for a game, and to see all those empty seats just make me think "I would love to be there"...even for a loss.

I'm with you.

revelladee
10/23/2011, 05:15 PM
This is my third year to be a Sooner fan....brought my 74 yr old mother, and my daughter and son-in-law, who had NEVER been to an OU game.....we were on campus the whole day, all parades, endured 80 flights of steps 3 times as we moved in and out of the weather, stayed the WHOLE game, and have been in depression as we made out way home 350 miles from Norman. I understand now that this is what it is to be a sooner fan...sometimes, it just hurts........dang it!!!

rock on sooner
10/23/2011, 05:15 PM
In order to concentrate on football and not social networking, I think Bob should take away Twitter for the rest of the
season.

AlboSooner
10/23/2011, 05:18 PM
I would like to apologize to everyone for my dropped passes. It's because of me that OU lost. I hope you all can forgive me.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2011, 05:19 PM
I would like to apologize to everyone for my dropped passes. It's because of me that OU lost. I hope you all can forgive me.

Still a bad analogy.

AlboSooner
10/23/2011, 05:19 PM
I think players showing an over reliance on fan cheering is a real sign of weakness. Fan cheering is primarily a function of the quality of play on the field and not vica versa...

Not only that, but wen OU pulled within 10 the crowd was going nuts. The place was loud, and we needed a stop badly. The D allows Tech to march down the field and score. Can't blame the crowd at all.

AlboSooner
10/23/2011, 05:20 PM
Still a bad analogy.

I know. I should have posted that on twitter with @ and # all over.

Flagstaffsooner
10/23/2011, 05:22 PM
I would like to apologize to everyone for my dropped passes. It's because of me that OU lost. I hope you all can forgive me.You always do that.

MeMyself&Me
10/23/2011, 05:22 PM
I wasn't giving an 'analogy'. I was saying they didn't deserve the fan support they got last night due to the effort they were putting out and it's amazing they would complain about the fan support they got.

8timechamps
10/23/2011, 05:24 PM
I don't see it as complaining. I see them thanking the fans that stayed. Maybe I'm misreading it.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/23/2011, 05:26 PM
Anyone who tweets angry messages at college kids after a football game needs to get a life. They're not calling anyone out who is worth a damn

BeaSooner
10/23/2011, 05:31 PM
That is the double-edged sword of playing with twitter. The Players get all the praise and razzing from the fans first hand.

soonercoop1
10/23/2011, 05:35 PM
They definitely need to get a grip...lose to a 4TD dog at home ending a 39 game winning streak...seriously these guys still haven't figured it out...not sure if they will either...

cccasooner2
10/23/2011, 05:39 PM
I thought the OP was just joking. I think very few on this board have a sense of humor.

Tiger6
10/23/2011, 05:42 PM
Aside from Whaley, they all mentioned the "classy" and "true" fans that stayed as if those who didnt stay werent good fans.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2011, 05:44 PM
I don't get all these claims the players didn't play hard or had some lack of effort. These guys go through spring/fall camps including 2 a days and have to work out very hard year round just for a few hours of playing time in the fall. There is no way their desire to win is any less than our collective coach potato assess desire to see them win. But on game day, they face a group of players that have gone through the same thing trying to defeat them as well as a group of opposing coaches trying to outwit our coaches. They try hard. They really, really want to win. If they want to vent on twitter, that's the same as us venting here. If that helps them get past this and move on to the KSU game, then great.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/23/2011, 05:48 PM
I don't get all these claims the players didn't play hard or had some lack of effort. These guys go through spring/fall camps including 2 a days and have to work out very hard year round just for a few hours of playing time in the fall. There is no way their desire to win is any less than our collective coach potato assess desire to see them win. But on game day, they face a group of players that have gone through the same thing trying to defeat them as well as a group of opposing coaches trying to outwit our coaches. They try hard. They really, really want to win. If they want to vent on twitter, that's the same as us venting here. If that helps them get past this and move on to the KSU game, then great.
No I'm pretty sure they showed up last night and said "I'm tired of winning at home, lets try something new"

OUmillenium
10/23/2011, 05:49 PM
I watched every minute of that game and if I was there, I would have been there to the end. However, I don't begrudge a single fan for turning off their TV after a while or leaving the game early. The players didn't deserve the fan support with the effort that was being put out. I don't say this after every loss. Losses happen. This was different. Much like watching the OSU game in 2001.

I'll also add that after a loss, you'd think the players would be more concerned with what they can do better rather than pointing fingers at the fans.

Right on.

AlbqSooner
10/23/2011, 05:50 PM
Deer Lowered. Have we sunk to this level?
The players express their appreciation for the fans and we get all defensive.
Is Phil gonna have to change the color stripes between posts to orange?

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2011, 05:50 PM
No I'm pretty sure they showed up last night and said "I'm tired of winning at home, lets try something new"

You're probably right. I should just go with the wisdom of the collective.

Tiger6
10/23/2011, 05:51 PM
I'm sorry, but when I see Kenny Stills not even make an attempt for a ball that lands 2 feet from him especially when we are desperate for a touchdown...it doesnt sit well with most fans. THAT is a lack of effort, period. Ever heard the saying hustle beats talent, when talent doesnt hustle? That is a prime example. On top of that, he walked his *** back to the line of scrimmage afterwards while everyone was already lined up.

Soonerus
10/23/2011, 05:53 PM
I'm sorry, but when I see Kenny Stills not even make an attempt for a ball that lands 2 feet from him especially when we are desperate for a touchdown...it doesnt sit well with most fans. THAT is a lack of effort, period. Ever heard the saying hustle beats talent, when talent doesnt hustle? That is a prime example. On top of that, he walked his *** back to the line of scrimmage afterwards while everyone was already lined up.

I noticed that too...

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2011, 05:53 PM

Ever notice when folks start with "I'm sorry" they're not?

Tiger6
10/23/2011, 05:56 PM
Ever notice when folks start with "I'm sorry" they're not?

Thats all you have to say? Dont get butt hurt old fella.

OUHOMER
10/23/2011, 05:58 PM
I showed up with just a light shirt and shorts, I had to go to the book store during late 2nd qtr and buy a sweat shirt and sweat pants Just so I could stay. It would have been easy to head to the car, But I am stayer. now I have a new sweat shirt and pants that i really didnt need..

StoopTroup
10/23/2011, 05:59 PM

Now that he knows how you feel I'll bet he's gonna try harder for you.

StoopTroup
10/23/2011, 06:02 PM
I showed up with just a light shirt and shorts, I had to go to the book store during late 2nd qtr and buy a sweat shirt and sweat pants Just so I could stay. It would have been easy to head to the car, But I am stayer. now I have a new sweat shirt and pants that i really didnt need..

That's how a Real Sooner Fan handles tough games.

The rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I couldn't go yesterday and I went and bought Boomer Q from Billy's.

I let my Dog chew a few rib bones even after we lost.

Tiger6
10/23/2011, 06:03 PM
He doesnt have to try hard for me, I could give two ****s what he does. Facts are facts, he hustles when he wants (not just him) and we got worked by a 3-4 td underdog...but dont go twittering about fan support afterwards, and sure as hell dont expect fans to be satisfied by the effort.

8timechamps
10/23/2011, 06:13 PM
He doesnt have to try hard for me, I could give two ****s what he does. Facts are facts, he hustles when he wants (not just him) and we got worked by a 3-4 td underdog...but dont go twittering about fan support afterwards, and sure as hell dont expect fans to be satisfied by the effort.

Truth is, you have no idea how hard he hustles. The kid has played amazing for most of the year. And, I'm pretty sure (no, make that 100% sure) he led the team in recieving yards last night and accounted for half our touchdowns.

Knock it off.

AlbqSooner
10/23/2011, 06:23 PM
That's how a Real Sooner Fan handles tough games.

The rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I couldn't go yesterday and I went and bought Boomer Q from Billy's.

I let my Dog chew a few rib bones even after we lost.

Not your ribs I hope. unless ya kicked the dog.

CBUS_SOONER
10/23/2011, 06:29 PM
I wish I would have went to bed at the half... Instead I stayed up until about 3am after that bs

Therealsouthsider
10/23/2011, 06:32 PM
... the team left the game a hellofalot earlier than most of the fans

ss

8timechamps
10/23/2011, 06:34 PM
Maybe it's just better to let this one die.