PDA

View Full Version : Weather Delays

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/23/2011, 09:08 AM
I left before the game started and was home in time to watch the entire game. Even in a loss, I hated not being there to watch the game.

There was no way in hell I was going under that stadium with 85,000 people. I've done it before and got claustrophobic. I think in the future in a situation like that they should allow people to wait inside the field house or the student union. They are so anal about letting people back in the stadium that I think they lost a lot of people who would have come back had there been another place to wait it out. They could just tell people to take cover then be readmitted with a ticket.

GDC
10/23/2011, 10:56 AM
Seems like they never used to delay or cancel football games for weather.

jumperstop
10/23/2011, 11:03 AM
I was late to the original start time and got to the stadium right about the time the rain stopped and everyone was going back in. Before that I waited in the library while it was pouring, they never even checked my ticket going in. They were letting people come in without a problem.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/23/2011, 01:48 PM
I was late to the original start time and got to the stadium right about the time the rain stopped and everyone was going back in. Before that I waited in the library while it was pouring, they never even checked my ticket going in. They were letting people come in without a problem.Right, but they never announced that was going to be the deal.

jumperstop
10/23/2011, 02:04 PM
I was late to the original start time and got to the stadium right about the time the rain stopped and everyone was going back in. Before that I waited in the library while it was pouring, they never even checked my ticket going in. They were letting people come in without a problem.Right, but they never announced that was going to be the deal.

I know, sucks either way. I never though I'd be wishing for more 11 or 230 kick offs.

Boomer.....
10/23/2011, 02:07 PM
Seems like they never used to delay or cancel football games for weather.

Only when lightning is in the area.

OUHOMER
10/23/2011, 03:15 PM
I wish they would put the weather radar on the big screen, us okies know how to read a radar. I stayed but i think if everbody could have seen the radar they could see it was going to pass.