PDA

View Full Version : Some uncorfortable outcomes from the loss

cleller
10/23/2011, 08:31 AM
Obviously, OSU will now be number 3, and have a shot at the national title. So, due to our performance last night, the possibility exists that we would have to beat them to keep them out of the title game.
Further, it is possible that if we managed to do that, it would catapult Boise into the title game. I know there may be flaws in the theory, I have not done all the research, but it could happen.

What a revoltin' development this is.

OUHOMER
10/23/2011, 08:50 AM
For the life of me, there is no way Boise should be in in the top 10 in the BCS, Clemson should jump them down the road.
but this moring , I really dont give a ****

cleller
10/23/2011, 08:53 AM
I'd be completely OK with Clemson. Like those guys.

Jacie
10/23/2011, 10:31 AM
Stanford, still unbeaten and with games versus USC, Oregon and Notre Dame would jump Boise State if they win out.

I don't know how things would shakeout if it comes down to Clemson or Stanford though.

mainline13
10/23/2011, 12:08 PM
I'd be completely OK with Clemson. Like those guys.

Except for the orange .... Man, I hate orange.

jumperstop
10/23/2011, 12:15 PM
I think the SEC rematch in the NCG is gaining more attention.

Breadburner
10/23/2011, 12:18 PM
Lotsa foozball to be played....!

JLEW1818
10/23/2011, 12:22 PM
I think the SEC rematch in the NCG is gaining more attention.

this.

JiminyChristmas
10/23/2011, 12:38 PM
The "what if" game is kinda fun.

What if Bama beats LSU, then Georgia pulls the shocker in the SEC championship game?

There would be two, 1 loss SEC teams, but their champion would have 2 losses.

Would any of the three SEC teams make it to the NC game?

Obviously it depends on records of some other teams, but this might be a recipe that gets the SEC shut out of it altogether.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2011, 12:41 PM
Stanford, still unbeaten and with games versus USC, Oregon and Notre Dame would jump Boise State if they win out.

I don't know how things would shakeout if it comes down to Clemson or Stanford though.

You answered your own question. Clemson plays in the ACC and Stanford plays the 3 teams above - and don't forget the Andrew Luck factor for the human voters. But that also means Stanford has a very rough road to stay undefeated and I doubt they make it. Clemson will have to beat VT a second time most likely and VT is improving. BSU would lose out to an SEC rematch argument and would need Bama/LSU to lose more than 1 game.

If our team plays their best ball and wins out, I could really see us playing BSU in the Fiesta. And the whining on this board would be deafening.

agoo758
10/23/2011, 12:42 PM
Don't care about everyone else all that much, as far as I'm concerned, our season is over.

Frozen Sooner
10/23/2011, 12:43 PM
The "what if" game is kinda fun.

What if Bama beats LSU, then Georgia pulls the shocker in the SEC championship game?

There would be two, 1 loss SEC teams, but their champion would have 2 losses.

Would any of the three SEC teams make it to the NC game?

Obviously it depends on records of some other teams, but this might be a recipe that gets the SEC shut out of it altogether.

If that happens, you'd almost have to put an undefeated Boise State with a victory over the SEC champion in the national championship game.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2011, 12:44 PM
Don't care about everyone else all that much, as far as I'm concerned, our season is over.

There we go, that's the kind of meltdown material I'm talking about. Spek agoo, Badger needs more material like this for the meltdown summary.

Widescreen
10/23/2011, 01:24 PM
I sure hope the players don't feel that way. I still want to see us win out.