10/23/2011, 07:30 AM
You haven't earned it... Quit talking some much noise and play f ing fball

OU-HSV
10/23/2011, 07:58 AM
In

BigTip
10/23/2011, 08:18 AM
Sad but true.

I saw a shark hat in the crowd in the third quarter and cringed.

CBUS_SOONER
10/23/2011, 08:23 AM
Some of our boys need to be a little more humble imo

OUNASH
10/23/2011, 08:25 AM
Did anyone notice the Tech palyer giving gabe lynn the shark sign after a catch in the 3rd qtr. These guys need to play more disciplined football and that falls at the feet of the coaches. There was and is no excuse for last night. We simply got our butts handed to us.

ruf/nekdad
10/23/2011, 09:13 AM
They're just 20 year old kids, full of **** and vinegar, that don't understand that a nickname like that is given to you....by someone else....after proving something.

OU-HSV
10/23/2011, 09:19 AM
They're just 20 year old kids, full of **** and vinegar, that don't understand that a nickname like that is given to you....by someone else....after proving something.Agreed

cleller
10/23/2011, 09:20 AM
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww14/cs6000/1sharkinnetgd.jpg

Pricetag
10/23/2011, 09:23 AM
Agree 100 percent here. No more false bravado. Travis Lewis, Kenny Stills, and anyone else who has one needs to shave off the silly haircuts, shut their mouths, and play some football.

MyT Oklahoma
10/23/2011, 09:43 AM
I agree about it's time to play ball and put everything else on the shelf. However, 18-21 year old kids are going to act like 18-21 year old kids.

It's also time for our coaches to step up and get these 18-21 year old kids ready to play.

aurorasooner
10/23/2011, 09:45 AM
Ridiculous, imo, for the Jaws theme to be playing over the PA system, which was clearly heard on the broadcast. Those decisions are made by adults not the kids playing football. Lots of blame all around, coaches (for not stopping that "5 fingered" shark fin sign when it 1st appeared, or especially after Mizzou torching our DBs, players (for even starting that crap), administration (for the pa deal).
About the only positive was Nessler & Blackledge. 1st class job with the broadcast. Outside of the Todd's Eats segment they pretty much stick with what's happening on the field. Best announcing duo in CFB, imo.

MyT Oklahoma
10/23/2011, 10:00 AM
I dunno.. I kind of got tired of Blackledge mentioning our playing KU next week and our playing Kansas State last week. I think he could have studied our schedule and figured that one out during the rain delay. LOL

landrun
10/23/2011, 10:04 AM
I can't believe Stoops and co ever let the shark nonsense happen. Our pass D has sucked for years.

canes4ever
10/23/2011, 10:11 AM
Did anyone notice the Tech palyer giving gabe lynn the shark sign after a catch in the 3rd qtr. These guys need to play more disciplined football and that falls at the feet of the coaches. There was and is no excuse for last night. We simply got our butts handed to us.

600 yards, too much to overcome, your D is better than that. Put some blame on the coaches, never adjusted D for the TT Qb.

yermom
10/23/2011, 10:23 AM
guppies :(

wishbonesooner
10/23/2011, 10:33 AM
I can't believe Stoops and co ever let the shark nonsense happen. Our pass D has sucked for years.
For the first time in maybe 10 years, I was starting to have confidence in our defense. This debacle may be my fault guys.

BigTip
10/23/2011, 10:51 AM
For the first time in maybe 10 years, I was starting to have confidence in our defense. This debacle may be my fault guys.

Fire wishbonesooner!

zeke
10/23/2011, 10:52 AM
I couldnt agree more with this post.

And I, like Wishbonesooner, may be partly to blame because I was starting to believe in the D. But not now. Texas Tech has sucked all year, tied with K State at the half and nearly lost to Nevada. They hang aboout 600yds on these "sharks"?

Stoops should have made the entire team and coaches stand around after the game, on the field, and just look at each other.

cccasooner2
10/23/2011, 11:08 AM
........Stoops should have made the entire team and coaches stand around after the game, on the field, and just look at each other.

LOL. What would this accomplish? Is that the equivalent of a university "time out"?

merciles
10/23/2011, 11:16 AM
Stoops should have made the entire team and coaches stand around after the game, on the field, and just look at each other.

Got a chuckle out of that.....

JLEW1818
10/23/2011, 11:17 AM
i just don't understand how a white WR caught and ran all over us.

Breadburner
10/23/2011, 11:21 AM
I always like the sucess to come before the "attitude"........That being said..This loss is a big **** sandwhich and everyone can take a bite......!!!

SoonerBD
10/23/2011, 11:25 AM
I hate to say it, but I brought up this issue a few weeks back about the Secondary not being sharks and comparing them to guppies and I was blasted by alot of people for it, especially C&CDean. I was called a "knee-jerk" fan, fair-weather fan, bandwagoner, stupid, etc... All because I'm a realistic OU fan and didn't allow people to pump sunshine up my *** about this Defense. We have some very serious problems that need to be worked out soon or this season could get real ugly fast.

ruf/nekdad
10/23/2011, 11:29 AM
"Stoops should have made the entire team and coaches stand around after the game, on the field, and just look at each other."

But they gotta make that stupid assed shark fin thingy on their heads. Silly and childish, but I bet it would cure it.

kevpks
10/23/2011, 11:34 AM
I hate to say it, but I brought up this issue a few weeks back about the Secondary not being sharks and comparing them to guppies and I was blasted by alot of people for it, especially C&CDean. I was called a "knee-jerk" fan, fair-weather fan, bandwagoner, stupid, etc... All because I'm a realistic OU fan and didn't allow people to pump sunshine up my *** about this Defense. We have some very serious problems that need to be worked out soon or this season could get real ugly fast.

It's because you have seven posts counting this one and only emerge to say something negative. You don't "hate to say it." You like to say it. Your only reason for posting is to say crap like that. You wait for the team to fail so you can come out and say "I knew it all along." Where were you after the Texas or Florida State games?

Sooner98
10/23/2011, 11:43 AM
How many points does K-State's offense put up against the minnows next week? 40? 50?

kevpks
10/23/2011, 11:46 AM
How many points does K-State's offense put up against the minnows next week? 40? 50?

Well, they're ranked, so we'll probably show up, play well, and hold them to 14 points. It's Iowa State that I'm worried about.

rambaseball45
10/23/2011, 11:58 AM
"It hurt us, and some of them couldn't help it," Lewis said. "I know I played with a broken toe and the coaches would have had to drag me off the field for me not to play. So, (I'm) disappointed in some of the guys."

Shows how much heart Tlew has. I thought the entire team really wanted it this season, but who am I to say they didn't. We can still make something out of this season

SoonerBD
10/23/2011, 12:38 PM
It's because you have seven posts counting this one and only emerge to say something negative. You don't "hate to say it." You like to say it. Your only reason for posting is to say crap like that. You wait for the team to fail so you can come out and say "I knew it all along." Where were you after the Texas or Florida State games?

It's because I started posting on Landthieves, because i realized real quick how it was over on this site for fans that post their "negative" opinions about the team. I'm a die-hard OU fan, and YES i do hate saying it. You sure do make some bold statements for someone that knows jack-**** about me. I started posting my woes after the FSU game. Don't hate on me because I'm not another lil sunshine pumping OU fan and don't agree with a majority of people opinions on this team.

SoonerStud615
10/23/2011, 12:42 PM
When we lost previously: This team has no swagger! We has lost it! No confidence! Scared little kids out there!

When we won big this year: SWAGGGG!!!1! We finally have it again! OMG SHARKS! Determination! Confidence! MNC here we come!

When we lose: Cocky! Shave their heads! Lose the hand signs!! Buncha egomaniacs!! STFU and just play!

You either get swagger all the time with a risk of not backing it up, or you don't have it, ever.

AlboSooner
10/23/2011, 12:43 PM
Hey at least those ESPN videos were fun. I can't believe the long balls killed us like that. RIP sharks, and welcome guppies.

kevpks
10/23/2011, 12:45 PM
It's because I started posting on Landthieves, because i realized real quick how it was over on this site for fans that post their "negative" opinions about the team. I'm a die-hard OU fan, and YES i do hate saying it. You sure do make some bold statements for someone that knows jack-**** about me. I started posting my woes after the FSU game. Don't hate on me because I'm not another lil sunshine pumping OU fan and don't agree with a majority of people opinions on this team.

I'm sure you have an illustrious history over at land thieves but all I know is that people matching your profile (low post count, tons of red spek, etc.) always always always show up on here after a loss.

tooslow
10/23/2011, 12:54 PM

There are not many "realistic" fans on this site. C&CDean is probably the biggest homer fan here. No matter what deficiencies show up on our team, he ignores it, paints over it, and then ridicules whoever has the gall to say we are not good at [insert area of concern here.] There are others who also get bent out of shape when someone gives an honest assessment. We definitely have a good team this year. An elite team? No. I see lots of posts where people try to explain why our competition has sucked. They make up stupid excuses about our D beating them up so bad that it takes them several weeks to recover. So I guess Tech will lose over the next few weeks until they recover? Riiiiight.

CBUS_SOONER
10/23/2011, 06:25 PM

For the most part you are correct and I agree with you... Way too many people see only through their crimson and cream goggles. Our D is simply overrated every year... Our O line in not very good... Special teams suck... Landry is a good qb not great... We lose to inferior opponent far too often...etc... all that being said we are pretty good

Okie35
10/23/2011, 06:29 PM
Naw the sharks are still out there just got caught up in a net. Someone posted the pic in another thread. It was funny.

Okie35
10/23/2011, 06:31 PM
For the most part you are correct and I agree with you... Way too many people see only through their crimson and cream goggles. Our D is simply overrated every year... Our O line in not very good... Special teams suck... Landry is a good qb not great... We lose to inferior opponent far too often...etc... all that being said we are pretty good

Every? No that's a lie. The last time we had a good defense was in 09. We were a top 15 defense. The defense was the thing that saved most of our season .

CBUS_SOONER
10/23/2011, 06:36 PM
Every? No that's a lie. The last time we had a good defense was in 09. We were a top 15 defense. The defense was the thing that saved most of our season .

I stand corrected. U are right. MOST yrs