PDA

View Full Version : If anyones head needs to roll it's the ......................

nBoSTP
10/23/2011, 06:47 AM
Offensive Line Coach. The offensive line cant run block to save their lives. Maybe if OU would score once in a while in the red zone instead of having to kick a FG nearly everytime the team wouldn't have to worry about a kicker missing fg's. Not to mention the pass blocking wasn't that great last night either as Landry seemed to be off balance and throwing on the run more than usual.

CBUS_SOONER
10/23/2011, 07:08 AM
I have said our o line sucks earlier this yr and got chewed up and down. Imagine if we would play BAMA or LSU.... They would destroy us

NormanPride
10/23/2011, 07:52 AM
We have a starting guard playing center and our fourth and fifth guards starting now. The OL was getting really good, then we got tons of injuries. It happens. Landry still has only been sacked twice on the year, and we averaged 5.5 per rush without our best RB. We just couldn't take advantage since we were down so much right away.

But yes, they played poorly and we expect more.

winout
10/23/2011, 11:55 AM
I loved the one where we hand off to , I think , Millard on 3 and 1 from the 1 and one of their lineman goes unblocked. Unblocked? A linemen and a power running play. How does that happen?

pappy
10/23/2011, 11:59 AM
I loved the one where we hand off to , I think , Millard on 3 and 1 from the 1 and one of their lineman goes unblocked. Unblocked? A linemen and a power running play. How does that happen?

Looked like Johnson dove down to take out the defender's legs on the play and just whiffed. I'm glad they finally went to that in goaline situations I've been asking for that since last year.

jumperstop
10/23/2011, 12:00 PM

I found myself asking that after a lot of plays last night.

JLEW1818
10/23/2011, 12:08 PM
same story as 2008/09 Florida

BigTip
10/23/2011, 12:28 PM
Man, take your pick of the fails. No protecting O-line, No pressure D-line, D-backs, Receivers, Kicking game (including multiple short kick offs). Come to think about it, it's amazing we only lost by three.

EatLeadCommie
10/23/2011, 12:31 PM
I agree. James Patton is not getting it done. We have not been able to run block since his arrival in Norman.

SoonerMarkVA
10/23/2011, 12:39 PM
Man, take your pick of the fails. No protecting O-line, No pressure D-line, D-backs, Receivers, Kicking game (including multiple short kick offs). Come to think about it, it's amazing we only lost by three.

Yup, this pretty much sums it up. Last night looked like someone air-lifted a sand-lot team, coaches and all, and dropped them onto Owen Field. The only thing missing was the "Benny Hill" theme song.

AlboSooner
10/23/2011, 12:41 PM
The Kansas game should have raised many a red flags. Although they can pass protect very well. Maybe the leadership is recruiting pass protector rather than bulky guys for the run. Even in the NFL, spread teams don't run the ball well.

delhalew
10/23/2011, 12:55 PM
I didn't listen to any post game. Has Bob, his staff, or any players owned up to a **** poor effort and attitude that we saw for three quarters. Even our clutch playmakers seemed as though they'd rather be somewhere else. That is the issue in my eyes.