PDA

View Full Version : My Objective, Unbiased View...

Sabanball
10/23/2011, 12:55 AM
Just fwiw....

Your D needs major work, or at least tweeking, and your lack of balance on O is hurting you also.

You guys have a world class O, but if you are going to win national championships you've got to have a great defense. You've spent the last decade rewriting the offensive records in Norman--but where has it got you? Yes, you've won conference championships and Bob has got you into the big game more than a couple of times, and that in itself is a huge achievement. But when I look back at the great Sooner teams of the 70s and 80s, they had GREAT defenses, and cannot count on one hand the number of times I saw a Barry Switzer- coached team allow 40 pts in a game.

Yes, the game has changed and evolved, but the premium placed on good defense is worth just as much as it was 35 yrs ago.

Now go ahead and flame me....

agoo758
10/23/2011, 12:56 AM
I don't think anyone will disagree with you about our defense, you sure as hell won't see Alabama, LSU, or even Boise State give up as many bad plays this year as we gave up tonight.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2011, 12:57 AM
Too soon, Sabanball. Now go away.

AlboSooner
When a team challenges our D schematically and we can't just out-athlete them, we get embarrassed. We can throw talent at most teams, but when challanged the D folds. OU will never win a NC with Brent V. We have never had a great D under him. The apologist are in full effect in the sports radio, but the blowouts after blowouts can't be explained.

tulsaoilerfan
I don't think anyone will disagree with you about our defense, you sure as hell won't see Alabama, LSU, or even Boise State give up as many bad plays this year as we gave up tonight.

And against Missouri

agoo758
10/23/2011, 12:58 AM
I still don't understand why we ran this bizarre four man front-everyone else prevent all night.

delhalew
10/23/2011, 12:58 AM
I agree with the principle. I just think tonight was about a lack of want to, and being too big for your britches.

MyT Oklahoma
10/23/2011, 12:59 AM
We were exposed tonight. Perhaps Tech did us a favor. Time will tell.

Bottom line though it's just a game.

P.S. We do need a defense but I'm not paid to worry about it.

kevpks
Too soon, Sabanball. Now go away.

I second this.

Blue
**** off SabanBall. You're the flamer. 30 minutes after a loss you are over here telling us how to win when just 5 short years ago when OU was still good and Bama sucked you were over here claiming OU as your top team.

You are a ****in fake ******* and I wish you'd take your *** back to Tidefans or SuckfartsouttaSabansass.com.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2011, 01:00 AM
SuckfartsouttaSabansass.com

This is a great interactive site.

kc sooner
10/23/2011, 01:02 AM
Just fwiw....

Your D needs major work, or at least tweeking, and your lack of balance on O is hurting you also.

You guys have a world class O, but if you are going to win national championships you've got to have a great defense. You've spent the last decade rewriting the offensive records in Norman--but where has it got you? Yes, you've won conference championships and Bob has got you into the big game more than a couple of times, and that in itself is a huge achievement. But when I look back at the great Sooner teams of the 70s and 80s, they had GREAT defenses, and cannot count on one hand the number of times I saw a Barry Switzer- coached team allow 40 pts in a game.

Yes, the game has changed and evolved, but the premium placed on good defense is worth just as much as it was 35 yrs ago.

I totally agree with that. Every year it seems we have a game where I'm thinkin to myself we can't win a championship with this defense. This year it was the Missouri game - we give up a ton of yards, and there is always hope that we will win all the games, but in reality, the defense is not good enough.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/23/2011, 01:04 AM
Too soon, Sabanball. Now go away.I agree with what he said, but I still don't understand why he prefers to lurk here, rather than Alabama boards, where he says he DOESN'T frequent.

Tiger6
10/23/2011, 01:06 AM
Want my subjective, biased opinion? Suck it.

Widescreen
10/23/2011, 01:07 AM
Doesn't help when some of your best players are injured. Still it's on the coaches that our backups weren't set up to succeed.

Hotrod3157
10/23/2011, 01:08 AM
No need to flame that's a pretty solid observation.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/23/2011, 01:09 AM
Doesn't help when some of your best players are injured. Still it's on the coaches that our backups weren't set up to succeed.

this...

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2011, 01:10 AM
No need to flame that's a pretty solid observation.

IF YOU'RE HONEY BADGER

VA Sooner
10/23/2011, 01:10 AM
Lots of reasons for this loss... defense was just a part of it. I too remember the defenses of the 70's-80's and even our 2000 and 2003 team. Injuries killed us as well as not getting enough playing time for our backups.... something that Bob may have to re-think as far as strategies.

But other players needed to step up and when we finally got it in gear, we were too far behind and made too many mistakes. Everything... offense, defense and special teams all had their brain farts.

Rest tonight, Sooners... game film review starting tomorrow to get ready for Kansas State.

AlboSooner
10/23/2011, 01:11 AM
No excuses man. LSU had players out too, or suspended, yet they played great. Even with the injuries OU should not give up 40 pts, and 1Billion yards to tech.

Sabanball
10/23/2011, 01:14 AM
Just offered an opinion. I'm disappointed that you guys lost--I wanted desperately for us to play each other in January. And I HATE Tuberville....I couldn't pull for him if he was coaching against Al Quaida....

mightysooner
10/23/2011, 01:16 AM
Just fwiw....

No flame here. Thank you for the objective opinion. You're correct. Until we stop playing vagina defense we won't ever win another title.....ever. Relying on a playstation style offense year in and year out won't get it done.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2011, 01:16 AM
Just fwiw....

We had that defense under Bob Stoops as well. It just disappeared after the 2003 season.

Always_Sooner
10/23/2011, 01:19 AM
I agree with your points, but back in the 70's and 80's you didn't face these types of offenses.

Blue
10/23/2011, 01:20 AM
While this post might be true, the author and the timing make it *********gery. All of my Bama friends are cool. Sabanball is not.

Always_Sooner
10/23/2011, 01:21 AM
I am waiting for the bring Mike Stoops back rumors...I still don't think it happens...

Sabanball
10/23/2011, 01:23 AM
While this post might be true, the author and the timing make it *********gery. All of my Bama friends are cool. Sabanball is not.

Blue,

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings with the timing of my post. No offense was intended. :smile:

IronHorseSooner
10/23/2011, 01:25 AM
We had that defense under Bob Stoops as well. It just disappeared after Mike Stoops left.

Fixed.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/23/2011, 01:26 AM
My analysis is that Oklahoma needs the same advantage the SEC has, and whether people like it or not, facts are facts. If folks don't think this is a huge factor, well, they just don't understand genetics and don't do math very well:

http://www.census.gov/population/www/censusdata/maps/density7.jpg

Blue
10/23/2011, 01:28 AM
Blue,

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings with the timing of my post. No offense was intended. :smile:

You didnt hurt my feelings, you pissed me off. Do you think we don't know or see these things?! Yes, we do. We don't need a smug Bama fan rubbing salt in the wound 30 minutes after a major meltdown. Do you not see that? Apparently not.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2011, 01:30 AM
You didnt hurt my feelings, you pissed me off. Do you think we don't know or see these things?! Yes, we do. We don't need a smug Bama fan rubbing salt in the wound 30 minutes after a major meltdown. Do you not see that? Apparently not.

YOU'RE MY BOY, BLUE.

Well said. My thoughts exactly. I was interested in seeing what Bama would do this year but based on the OP and the OP alone, I want to see them get completely cornholed.

TulsaSooners
10/23/2011, 01:31 AM
The crazy thing Sabanball is that you'd think that the Alabama and LSU fans would have been pulling for us. Obviously we don't have the tools to compete with you two, but if we could have kept on winning (even if it had been ugly wins giving up a trillion points each game) the winner of your game would have obviously killed us this year. As it is, you could get a much tougher opponent in Boise or Stanford (or worse, a dreaded rematch).

Sabanball
10/23/2011, 01:34 AM

Blue,

I apologize. I was not trying to **** anybody off--just give an objective opinion like everyone else on here has been(though I don't agree with getting rid of Venables), and probably like you have yourself. This was not a major meltdown, and the Sooners will bounce back from this.

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2011, 01:34 AM
My analysis is that Oklahoma needs the same advantage the SEC has, and whether people like it or not, facts are facts. If folks don't think this is a huge factor, well, they just don't understand genetics and don't do math very well:

Can't decide to go with "Wow" or "Holy **** that's dumb!" so I'll just go with this:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif?1293729577

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2011, 01:36 AM

You're just a doocher...he said nothing wrong.

You did though. ;)

Sabanball
10/23/2011, 01:37 AM
The crazy thing Sabanball is that you'd think that the Alabama and LSU fans would have been pulling for us. Obviously we don't have the tools to compete with you two, but if we could have kept on winning (even if it had been ugly wins giving up a trillion points each game) the winner of your game would have obviously killed us this year. As it is, you could get a much tougher opponent in Boise or Stanford (or worse, a dreaded rematch).

Hey, Genius, I was PULLING for you guys! Do you REALLY think I want to see Okie St or Boise in the BCSNG??

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2011, 01:37 AM
Fixed.

Which was after 2003.

Blue
10/23/2011, 01:38 AM
Blue,

I apologize. I was not trying to **** anybody off--just give an objective opinion like everyone else on here has been(though I don't agree with getting rid of Venables), and probably like you have yourself. This was not a major meltdown, and the Sooners will bounce back from this.

This was a Chernobyl style meltdown. I accept your apology.

Johnny Utah
10/23/2011, 01:38 AM
I agree with your points, but back in the 70's and 80's you didn't face these types of offenses.

The "Battle Cry" of the Big XII ... however the SEC teams seem to be able to figure out "these types of offenses".
SabanBall posted one of the most logicals thread of the night but I guess he can be more objective since his #1 team struggled at home in the 1st half but got it together in the 2nd.

Blue
10/23/2011, 01:39 AM
You're just a doocher...he said nothing wrong.

You did though. ;)

Coming from you, that means a whole lotta nothing. Don't you have like two other boards to play on?

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2011, 01:41 AM
Blue,

Don't worry about apologizing to him.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2011, 01:42 AM
And then we ate our own.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2011, 01:43 AM
Coming from you, that means a whole lotta nothing. Don't you have like two other boards to play on?
As do you.

Just admit, you are being a dick when someone said something that was obvious...in fact had it been a Sooner fan, you would have applauded the OP.

You're a sour puss and a doosher....but I still love ya.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/23/2011, 01:43 AM
Can't decide to go with "Wow" or "Holy **** that's dumb!" so I'll just go with this:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif?1293729577

How is that racist? Black athletes are typically superior to their white counterparts and in the SEC region, you are getting the best of the best when it comes to the black athlete due to the large population density. It's the same reason why Texas, Florida and California are recruiting hotbeds due to their large population sizes. I'm the person that knows what he is talking about, you must be the other person.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2011, 01:45 AM
How is that racist? Black athletes are typically superior to their white counterparts and in the SEC region, you are getting the best of the best when it comes to the black athlete due to the large population density. It's the same reason why Texas, Florida and California are recruiting hotbeds due to their large population sizes. I'm the person that knows what he is talking about, you must be the other person.

And more and more prop 48/16 athletes as well. (of all races)

Sabanball
10/23/2011, 01:46 AM
Don't worry about apologizing to him.

It's no problem, I don't mind.

ccmike9
10/23/2011, 01:47 AM
I don't care who roots for, if he says something true, being offended is dumb

Blue
10/23/2011, 01:47 AM
As do you.

Just admit, you are being a dick when someone said something that was obvious...in fact had it been a Sooner fan, you would have applauded the OP.

You're a sour puss and a doosher....but I still love ya.

It might be obvious but I'm sure theres a few threads about it without a competitors fan who is sitting pretty pointing it out as well. Maybe add Tidefans to your repertoire. Be sure to point out how they suck 30 minutes after a heartwrenching loss. See how it goes. Report back. Lol.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2011, 01:48 AM
I don't care who roots for, if he says something true, being offended is dumb

exactly

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2011, 01:48 AM

a) if you can't see that the gif is joke, I feel for you.

2) claiming to be the person who knows what he talkin about on a message board at 2:00 in the morning will look great on a resume.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2011, 01:51 AM
It might be obvious but I'm sure theres a few threads about it without a competitors fan who is sitting pretty pointing it out as well. Maybe add Tidefans to your repertoire. Be sure to point out how they suck 30 minutes after a heartwrenching loss. See how it goes. Report back. Lol.

You are so hung on forums I may frequent. Must be a sad life in Alabama for you.

This loss sucked. I bitched about it the entire game how poor we were playing. But we all have known for a long time that our defense will not win us a national championship unless some changes are made. Be it coaching or philosophy.

But you going off the deep end for the op was a little absurd and childish on your part. You didn't take the field. You didnt coach. The loss sucks, but for you to take it personal is a little stupid and shows you take this sport way to damn serious.

Blue
10/23/2011, 01:53 AM
You are so hung on forums I may frequent. Must be a sad life in Alabama for you.

This loss sucked. I bitched about it the entire game how poor we were playing. But we all have known for a long time that our defense will not win us a national championship unless some changes are made. Be it coaching or philosophy.

But you going off the deep end for the op was a little absurd and childish on your part. You didn't take the field. You didnt coach. The loss sucks, but for you to take it personal is a little stupid and shows you take this sport way to damn serious.

I think you completely missed my point. Oh well.

And as far as your internet habits, no I don't care. Just the fact I have to read about it over here.

OU_Sooners75
Besides blue...where is your bitching in my thread titled, "I'll start it?"

Neath a Western Sky
Just fwiw....

I won't flame you, I agree with everything you said. I'm glad you come on this board; it's good to get other teams' fans perspectives. I only recall Switzer teams giving up 40 points twice in his 16 years of helming OU. One was the 41-27 loss to Jeff Hostetller-quarterbacked West Virginia in 1982. The other was an 82-42 Sooner VICTORY over Colorado, in I think 1980.

Our whole team sucked tonight, but the defense was beat on the run, torched on the pass, failed to pressure the Tech quarterback, and often appeared confused. We had several front-line players out, true, but so did Tech.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2011, 01:56 AM
I think you completely missed my point. Oh well.

And as far as your internet habits, no I don't care. Just the fact I have to read about it over here.

No one is forcing you to read one post of mine.

If you don't like what is posted by me, by all means, put me on ignore. And it is obvious how much you care...you have brought up other sites that I may or may not frequent twice now in this thread alone.

Sad pathetic life you lead. Just don't make someone put you on suicide watch.

Blue
10/23/2011, 01:59 AM
The freakin HMFIC banned you for starting a forum called "Realsoonerfans.com"!!!!! Just you and ST shootin the breeze!! And I'm on suicide watch???? Okay buddy. Goodnight.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2011, 02:00 AM
No one is forcing you to read one post of mine.

If you don't like what is posted by me, by all means, put me on ignore. And it is obvious how much you care...you have brought up other sites that I may or may not frequent twice now in this thread alone.

Sad pathetic life you lead. Just don't make someone put you on suicide watch.

You're gaying up a thread that started out making Richard Simmons look like John Wayne banging the Swedish National Bikini Team.

That takes effort. Yay you!

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2011, 02:03 AM
You're gaying up a thread that started out making Richard Simmons look like John Wayne banging the Swedish National Bikini Team.

That takes effort. Yay you!

YAY me then.

I feel sorry for Blue. And you for that matter. ;)

Sabanball
10/23/2011, 02:04 AM
I won't flame you, I agree with everything you said. I'm glad you come on this board; it's good to get other teams' fans perspectives. I only recall Switzer teams giving up 40 points twice in his 16 years of helming OU. One was the 41-27 loss to Jeff Hostetller-quarterbacked West Virginia in 1982. The other was an 82-42 Sooner VICTORY over Colorado, in I think 1980.

Our whole team sucked tonight, but the defense was beat on the run, torched on the pass, failed to pressure the Tech quarterback, and often appeared confused. We had several front-line players out, true, but so did Tech.

Funny, those were the two games that I remembered also. Other than those, I don't remember any others. Even the juggernaut Nebraska team of 1983 only scored 28 on you guys, as I recall.

At least Bob is a D-minded coach, and I predict he'll make adjustments that are needed. You guys have gobs of talent and depth, that's not the issue.

btb916
10/23/2011, 02:09 AM
The dirty little secret is that our offense is really NOT that good this year...certainly not "world class." We've struggled quite a bit, despite some gaudy numbers in a couple of games. And also our secondary is not very good...so when there's a team that can spread us out, they can just tear off huge chunks of yardage...a la Mizzou and Tech.

I watched LSU for the first time really today...and they are good. We're nowhere near them.

Hopefully somebody goes in and plays LSU/'Bama like Tech played us, and just whoops 'em. Because I for DAMN SURE don't want to hear about the SEC for another year.

Okie35
10/23/2011, 02:18 AM
The dirty little secret is that our offense is really NOT that good this year...certainly not "world class." We've struggled quite a bit, despite some gaudy numbers in a couple of games. And also our secondary is not very good...so when there's a team that can spread us out, they can just tear off huge chunks of yardage...a la Mizzou and Tech.

I watched LSU for the first time really today...and they are good. We're nowhere near them.

Hopefully somebody goes in and plays LSU/'Bama like Tech played us, and just whoops 'em. Because I for DAMN SURE don't want to hear about the SEC for another year.

The thing about LSU is they have depth. I see them winning out. They may roll Bama.

mightysooner
10/23/2011, 02:46 AM
Ya'll need to figure out why the SEC is what they are. Look.....they don't have access to better athletes across the board on anybody. What they DO have, is a consensus focus on physicality. In every other conference, the focus is on being pass happy, spread offense blah blah blah and outscoring your opponent. BUT......the SEC defenses man up on your ***, jam you at the line to disrupt your timing, and they recruit bigger more physical players to run their defenses than we do, who can all run.. That's why they win. They focus on physicality FIRST, where we focus on spreading people out and outscoring people. There's no focus on defense in the BIG XII. The focus is on who has the best offense. Defense wins championships as they say. SEC stays true to that, nobody else does, and that's why they've won so many consecutive titles.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2011, 02:49 AM
I'm not so sure they don't have access to better athletes. I'm guessing Bama and LSU each have several more guys that will eventually play on Sundays then we do.

mightysooner
10/23/2011, 02:53 AM
Athletes in LA or AL aren't superior to athletes in TX or OK by birth dude nor are they faster. There's no genetic difference. They're not a super race. Neither LA nor AL are bigger recruiting hot beds than Texas, people. Not even close.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2011, 02:57 AM
I'm not talking about where the players were recruited - I'm talking about the players currently available on the benches of the respective teams.

yankee
10/23/2011, 03:17 AM
**** Bama

soonercoop1
10/23/2011, 07:51 AM
When a team challenges our D schematically and we can't just out-athlete them, we get embarrassed. We can throw talent at most teams, but when challanged the D folds. OU will never win a NC with Brent V. We have never had a great D under him. The apologist are in full effect in the sports radio, but the blowouts after blowouts can't be explained.

This has been going on for several seasons and Bob refuses to make a change...you need to feed the monster and right now the monster is starving...

cleller
10/23/2011, 08:10 AM
I see two weaknesses over that last several years. The D collapsing at points, and the O-line not dominating the line of scrimmage.
When Mike Stoops and Mark Mangino were on staff, these were not issues. Ironically, both are now unemployed. To bring them back would probably involve way to much loss of face (firings) and loss of stature (lesser positions) for it ever to happen.
Still, the possibilities are tormenting.

CBUS_SOONER
10/23/2011, 08:12 AM
Something needs to change. first priority is a special teams coach

TUSooner
10/23/2011, 08:29 AM
I think s-ball is spot on. Defense wins championships, and ours ain't nowhere near good enough. We've finally bheen exposeed this season (As in other recent seasons.) OUr whole success depends almost entirely on precision passing. If there's one grain of sand in that operation, we're done for, because we got nuthin else. Still, we almost got away with it even last nite; the passing is that good. But WTF good are 300 or 400 yards of passing if you can't stop the other guys, run with authority, or even kick a dang FG? We put up great passing numbers, but look unsteady just the same. Face it, we are a very entertaining "finesse" passing team. Nothing more. We need some Selmons!
Anybody who knows me at all knows I totally HATE LSU. But LSU is a great team. Their 2 QBs together don't have half of LJ's passing quality but so what? They hardly need a QB, because they take away your lunch money and slap your mouth on defense. The upside is that we won't be the next victim of LSU or Bama in the BCSMNC game.

TMcGee86
10/23/2011, 08:52 AM

This. I keep hearing OUr offense is world class and every week I'm looking at it and wondering why I don't see it. Sure we have two great WR's. But we are no where near world class. A world class offense doesn't have trouble in the redzone, much less inside the five. A world class offense doesn't have the run game problems we have. I watched OSU play Mizzou today and I want to puke admitting this but OSU simply does things that I haven't seen us do. Their WR's looked better, and their running game looked a damn sight better. Now OSU's D sucks donkey balls, but OU's isn't far behind. But OUr offense is not the kind of juggernaut it has been the past few years. Its just really good. Which should be enough but I guess I've become spoiled.

I'll give Tech credit, they scouted us well. They spread us out and basically ran the exact same crossing pattern that Mizzou ran and it worked just as well. Makes you wonder why the geniuses in Austin couldn't do the same.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/23/2011, 09:07 AM
Oklahoma needs a QB that doesn't make epicly (not a word, so sue me) stupid decisions and throw up 10+ picks per season along with throwing passes high or low that gets his receivers killed. Oklahoma's receivers would have a lot more YAC if more accurate balls are thrown. Landry's completion percentage is a product of Oklahoma's receiving corps catching his not so accurate passes. Unfortunately, even they failed to catch his bad passes last night.

TMcGee86
10/23/2011, 09:17 AM
There was one I remember to Jaz that easily would have been a TD had it not been behind and low.

cleller
10/23/2011, 09:19 AM
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww14/cs6000/1sharkinnetgd.jpg

GDC
10/23/2011, 10:54 AM
Just fwiw....

Please ban this pathetic troll.

tulsaoilerfan
10/23/2011, 10:59 AM
Please ban this pathetic troll.

Why? Because there is alot of truth in what he says?

PDXsooner
10/23/2011, 11:20 AM
I thought this years D was different. I couldn't have been more wrong.

missann
10/23/2011, 05:35 PM
This. I keep hearing OUr offense is world class and every week I'm looking at it and wondering why I don't see it. Sure we have two great WR's. But we are no where near world class. A world class offense doesn't have trouble in the redzone, much less inside the five. A world class offense doesn't have the run game problems we have. I watched OSU play Mizzou today and I want to puke admitting this but OSU simply does things that I haven't seen us do. Their WR's looked better, and their running game looked a damn sight better. Now OSU's D sucks donkey balls, but OU's isn't far behind. But OUr offense is not the kind of juggernaut it has been the past few years. Its just really good. Which should be enough but I guess I've become spoiled.

Oklahoma needs a QB that doesn't make epicly (not a word, so sue me) stupid decisions and throw up 10+ picks per season along with throwing passes high or low that gets his receivers killed. Oklahoma's receivers would have a lot more YAC if more accurate balls are thrown. Landry's completion percentage is a product of Oklahoma's receiving corps catching his not so accurate passes. Unfortunately, even they failed to catch his bad passes last night.

There was one I remember to Jaz that easily would have been a TD had it not been behind and low.

YES, YES, and YESSSS! I cannot believe he is our best option. Frustrating, for years on end.

Okie35
10/23/2011, 06:04 PM
YES, YES, and YESSSS! I cannot believe he is our best option. Frustrating, for years on end.

Dude throws like 50 times. Every throw won't be great if receiver can put their hands on the ball they can catch it.

soonerhubs
10/23/2011, 07:53 PM
I think we should follow suit with LSU and Alabama and start promising the moon to far more student athletes than there are scholarships, only to pull the rug out from under them when they don't pan out.

StoopTroup
10/23/2011, 08:01 PM
The freakin HMFIC banned you for starting a forum called "Realsoonerfans.com"!!!!! Just you and ST shootin the breeze!! And I'm on suicide watch???? Okay buddy. Goodnight.

Hey Blue....

I just wanted to take a moment and tell you and anyone that thinks what you just said was true....

To go **** themselves.

You ****ing loser.

hornswaggled
10/23/2011, 08:08 PM

I thought Jimmy the Greek was dead.

SoonerKnight
10/23/2011, 08:47 PM
Hey Blue....

I just wanted to take a moment and tell you and anyone that thinks what you just said was true....

To go **** themselves.

You ****ing loser.

I agree with your sentiment towards Blue!

Sabanball
10/23/2011, 09:22 PM

Your qb is NOT your problem....Your D is. Landry is the best qb in the country, IMO. He was my preseason Heisman pick. Luck at Stanford doesn't play anybody and we all know what happened to Russell Wilson @ Sparty last night.

Get a clue....

soonervegas
10/23/2011, 09:34 PM
Saban is right....OU and college football in general are falling further and further Behind the SEC due to physicality of play.

OU has scored 13, 14, 19, and 14 in their national title appearances. Unless we have a D willing to hold one of the top 2 teams in the country to 10 points or less we will not win another championship under Stoops.

btb916
10/23/2011, 09:40 PM
Your qb is NOT your problem....Your D is. Landry is the best qb in the country, IMO. He was my preseason Heisman pick. Luck at Stanford doesn't play anybody and we all know what happened to Russell Wilson @ Sparty last night.

Get a clue....

I agree that Landry is NOT the problem...even though last night he was one among many problems. But he is not the best QB in the country.

Blue
10/23/2011, 10:18 PM
I agree with your sentiment towards Blue!

What a surprise.

Yeah I made all that up, Stoup.

Blue
10/23/2011, 10:20 PM
Hey Blue....

To go **** themselves.

You ****ing loser.

Sensitive much? What I posted is common knowledge. Get a grip.

OU_Sooners75
10/24/2011, 01:46 AM

See, this is were you are ignorant of this situation.

I got paid to work on the site. I did not create it. I did there what I offered to do here for free. I got a banned because the HMFIC here assumed the same damn thing you just did.

Now, if you would like to continue to assume you know what you are talking about when it comes to that site, do so in PM.

Other than that, STFU and move on son.

swardboy
10/24/2011, 06:07 AM
Y'all need to learn to stop talking and confirming what Blue says.

swardboy
10/24/2011, 06:12 AM
"Shut up. You don't know what you're talking about. Yes, what you said is true."

Pure comedy.....

Johnny Utah
10/24/2011, 08:04 AM

Get a clue....

I'm not sure Landry is the best QB in the nation but agree he's not the problem. IMO the OU offense assigns almost 100% responsibility for its success or failure to the QB, as opposed to running a more balanced attack. So if the QB has an off night the whole offense has an off night, rather than that QB just managing the game to hopefully come out with a win even if it's by a narrow margin. Unfortunately it's been proven that OUs precision offense can be shutdown by a good defense, and either the balance or commitment is not there to run the ball, play stout defense, and make field goals when needed.

jkjsooner
10/24/2011, 08:39 AM
Don't disagree with what you said but we don't need you to say it nor do we need you here.

If OU was having an incredible year and charging on all cylinders and Bama just had their first loss I'd never go to their board and tell them what they're doing wrong. Only a complete a-hole would do that.

jkjsooner
10/24/2011, 08:49 AM
As do you.

That's the point. It's not what he said it's who said it. It's not appropriate for an outsider to come in and make that observation.

jkjsooner
10/24/2011, 09:00 AM
Ya'll need to figure out why the SEC is what they are. Look.....they don't have access to better athletes across the board on anybody. What they DO have, is a consensus focus on physicality. In every other conference, the focus is on being pass happy, spread offense blah blah blah and outscoring your opponent. BUT......the SEC defenses man up on your ***, jam you at the line to disrupt your timing, and they recruit bigger more physical players to run their defenses than we do, who can all run.. That's why they win. They focus on physicality FIRST, where we focus on spreading people out and outscoring people. There's no focus on defense in the BIG XII. The focus is on who has the best offense. Defense wins championships as they say. SEC stays true to that, nobody else does, and that's why they've won so many consecutive titles.

10-12 years ago the SEC was better than the Big 10/12 because they were pass happy. Remember Florida? Remember Kentucky? Remember Tennessee?

Remember hearing that you couldn't run these pass happy offenses in the Big 10/12 because of the late season weather?

I'm not saying the SEC really was better (afterall NU arse raped both Florida and Tennessee - pretty much what they've done to the SEC for their entire existence) but more of a statement on the B.S. we get from the media. Apparently if you don't do exactly what the SEC is doing at any particular moment you're doing it wrong.

kevpks
10/24/2011, 09:11 AM
Saban is right....OU and college football in general are falling further and further Behind the SEC due to physicality of play.

Our title appearances against SEC teams were very competitive games that could have gone either way. We were not over-matched against LSU or Florida. There was no talent or physicality gap in those games. We got gashed for a few key big plays and couldn't punch it in the red zone. Crap, that sounds familiar.

jkjsooner
10/24/2011, 09:15 AM
I'm not sure Landry is the best QB in the nation but agree he's not the problem. IMO the OU offense assigns almost 100% responsibility for its success or failure to the QB, as opposed to running a more balanced attack. So if the QB has an off night the whole offense has an off night, rather than that QB just managing the game to hopefully come out with a win even if it's by a narrow margin. Unfortunately it's been proven that OUs precision offense can be shutdown by a good defense, and either the balance or commitment is not there to run the ball, play stout defense, and make field goals when needed.

There's truth to what you said but unless we get some offensive linemen who don't constantly miss blocks then we have no choice.

IMO, the offensive line is the most disappointing thing. Stoops has been on a four year rotation on the oline. We had great line play in 2000, 2004, and 2008. We were poor in 2001, 2005, and 2009 (?). If the trend continued our offensive line should be better than they are right now.

jkjsooner
10/24/2011, 09:19 AM
Our title appearances against SEC teams were very competitive games that could have gone either way. We were not over-matched against LSU or Florida. There was no talent or physicality gap in those games. We got gashed for a few key big plays and couldn't punch it in the red zone. Crap, that sounds familiar.

exactly

BTW, I can't remember how many times I've heard on College Sports Nation an SEC homer call up about how LSU or Florida beat us by 40 points. Seriously, guys, that was USC and they're not an SEC team.

PLaw
10/24/2011, 09:42 AM
As a child of the Switzer era, all I can say is three pages of posts and no data or facts? Here is the data and it speaks for itself.

Switzer Era - 16 years
Teams scored 20 points or more 45 times. OU lost 21 of those contest.
In the same period, OU only gave up 30 or more 9 times. OU lost 8 of these games.
Switzer's teams only surrendered 40 or more in three games, one of which they won 82-42.

Stoops Era - 13 years
Opponents have scored 20 or more 72 times, 30 or more 31 times, 40 or more 10 times, and more than 50 once. OU is 2-8 in games where we give up more than 40.
In four seasons, 2000-2003, OU finished in the TOP 10 for total defense. In the four seasons from 2004-2007, OU finished 13; 13; 16; and 19 in total defense. In the last three seasons, the D has finished below #50 in total defense twice (68 and 53).

Different era? Maybe so, but teams were still hanging half a hundred every week in the 70's and 80's. More concerning, is the fact that in the Stoops era the defense continues to digress. A #8 ranking in total defense was a positive two years ago and I believe we are still building on that. Gone are the days when your best defense was a great offense that chewed up TOP.

All that said, Bob's rep as a Defensive wunderkid was largely built on how to stop the option. His teams have shown ability to do well against the spread shutting down some prolific offenses. However, when you get torched for 400+ yards passing and fail to make necessary in game adjustments to stop the bleeding then you are going to get your a$$ handed to you a la this past Saturday night.

Bummer

OU_Sooners75
10/24/2011, 09:58 AM
That's the point. It's not what he said it's who said it. It's not appropriate for an outsider to come in and make that observation.

So you are telling me that you would never tell a friend your opinion if he was a fan of another team and the same thing happened as it did Saturday Night?

Gotcha.

OU_Sooners75
10/24/2011, 10:00 AM
One thing that many people are forgetting...and this is not a dig at any SEC team...

They have lesser prop 48/16 admission requirements. So they are able to go out and get more kids that are unable to make it to a Big 10, PAC-12, or Big 12 school.

Sco
10/24/2011, 10:06 AM
Obviously there were a lot of problems with the D on Saturday. However, I will be an optimist in one regard and consider how the team came back in the second half - outscored Tech 31-10. Too little too late, I know, but I've seen plenty of OU games in the last ten years where the team would have just rolled over after going down 4 possessions... (2003 KSU, 2004 USC, 2007 WVU, 2009 Tech).

Say what you will, but I did take that as a positive for those young men to improve between the two halves and make it a 3 point game.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/24/2011, 10:43 AM
If you think Landry Jones was a problem last night you're crazy. He was running for his life and not getting sacked or turning the ball over. The O Line did him NO favors. He showed an ability to get away from the pass rush that we have never seen from him or Bradford. He also showed way more senior leadership than Lewis, Broyles, or any other senior player.

Broyles disappeared. My only thoughts are that he must have been sick. In fact it looked like a lot of our offense was sick.

Finch had a good game and putting Clay above him was retarded. Finch could have used those snaps earlier this season. Word has it that he was benched due to not dedicating himself to the film room.

Biggest problem with the coaching was not taking Gabe Lynn out sooner. Tech was passing on air.

This defense is built to win off of big hits and interceptions. Neither of those happened last night. We got exposed big time. I'll take solid tackling over INTs and big hits any day.

This Tech team is not very good. Their quarterback had a great game though. Hopefully we can bounce back next week against a much better K State team. If we still have the injuries problem, we are f***ed.

NYC Poke
10/24/2011, 11:42 AM
I waited to post until today so I wouldn't be accused of rubbing it in. Frankly, I wanted a battle of unbeatens on 12/03 and was throwing things at the TV right along with you.

If you think back to the preseason, the big question mark for the defense was the secondary. It is my opinion that the secondary is what got exposed. They've been made to look better by one of the best defensive front sevens in college football and a prolific offense. And the lack of a red zone offense tends to be a weakness for finesse-type offenses.

Trust me, I can really relate to the last sentence-and-a-half. Some of you will recall what I am talking about, though you will find the comparison unpalatable.

Now go kick some Bill Snyder ***.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/24/2011, 11:46 AM
If you think Landry Jones was a problem last night you're crazy. He was running for his life and not getting sacked or turning the ball over. The O Line did him NO favors. He showed an ability to get away from the pass rush that we have never seen from him or Bradford. He also showed way more senior leadership than Lewis, Broyles, or any other senior player.

Broyles disappeared. My only thoughts are that he must have been sick. In fact it looked like a lot of our offense was sick.

Finch had a good game and putting Clay above him was retarded. Finch could have used those snaps earlier this season. Word has it that he was benched due to not dedicating himself to the film room.

Biggest problem with the coaching was not taking Gabe Lynn out sooner. Tech was passing on air.

This defense is built to win off of big hits and interceptions. Neither of those happened last night. We got exposed big time. I'll take solid tackling over INTs and big hits any day.

This Tech team is not very good. Their quarterback had a great game though. Hopefully we can bounce back next week against a much better K State team. If we still have the injuries problem, we are f***ed.

The problem is that Landry started running like he had pressure before he did..There were times he still had a clean pocket and he was tucking the ball and pretending like LT was breathing down his neck..They were getting pressure at times, but not the way he made it look..It reminded me of the 09 season when he would do that ...Some of it was OL, just as much was him was leaving the pocket too early.

jkjsooner
10/24/2011, 12:06 PM
So you are telling me that you would never tell a friend your opinion if he was a fan of another team and the same thing happened as it did Saturday Night?

Gotcha.

How is what I'd do in the presence of a friend relevant to this situation. I'd never go to another team's message board after a loss and post a smug post about what's wrong with their team. As for a friend, I would approach it very carefully and only offer my opinion if given permission.

In my opinion Sabanball's constant postings about Alabama show that he is self absorbed and narcissistic and because of that I wouldn't consider him a friend of this board.

Edit: BTW, even though I find it out of line and annoying, at least I find this thread topical which is more than I can say for most of Sabanball's posts. I've been in favor of banning him not because he's abusive or offensive but simply because this isn't a board about Alabama or LSU football and he clearly doesn't get it.

OU_Sooners75
10/24/2011, 01:02 PM
How is what I'd do in the presence of a friend relevant to this situation. I'd never go to another team's message board after a loss and post a smug post about what's wrong with their team. As for a friend, I would approach it very carefully and only offer my opinion if given permission.

In my opinion Sabanball's constant postings about Alabama show that he is self absorbed and narcissistic and because of that I wouldn't consider him a friend of this board.

Edit: BTW, even though I find it out of line and annoying, at least I find this thread topical which is more than I can say for most of Sabanball's posts. I've been in favor of banning him not because he's abusive or offensive but simply because this isn't a board about Alabama or LSU football and he clearly doesn't get it.

So what...it doesnt matter who said what he said. The only thing you have a problem with is he is a Bama fan...and he has been a pretty damn good member here...better than a lot of us Sooner fans (and yes, I admit at times I am one of the bad ones).

The guy said nothing bad, but you are willing to behead him because he happens to be a fan of another program.

Get over it. A lot of us agree with what he said and it doesnt matter to us that he is not a OU fan.

jkjsooner
10/24/2011, 01:16 PM
So what...it doesnt matter who said what he said. The only thing you have a problem with is he is a Bama fan...and he has been a pretty damn good member here...better than a lot of us Sooner fans (and yes, I admit at times I am one of the bad ones).

The guy said nothing bad, but you are willing to behead him because he happens to be a fan of another program.

Get over it. A lot of us agree with what he said and it doesnt matter to us that he is not a OU fan.

So you don't think it's relevant who the statement comes from? I promise you, if a stranger gave you advice about your kids you wouldn't take it the same as if your wife gave the same advice. (Don't know if you're married or have kids but you get my point.)

The fact is that Sabanball has been here posting crap about Alabama for a long time. His posting history along with the timing of his post really leaves the impression that his post was at least a little smug. If he would have offered some really unique perspective then I think it might have been apreciated but instead he came and pointed out our most obvious flaws.

Why don't you do us a favor. Next time Alabama loses go to their board and tell them what they're doing wrong. Let's see how well that advice is received.

OU_Sooners75
10/24/2011, 01:19 PM
So you don't think it's relevant who the statement comes from? I promise you, if a stranger gave you advice about your kids you wouldn't take it the same as if your wife gave the same advice. (Don't know if you're married or have kids but you get my point.)

The fact is that Sabanball has been here posting crap about Alabama for a long time. His posting history along with the timing of his post really leaves the impression that his post was at least a little smug. If he would have offered some really unique perspective then I think it might have been apreciated but instead he came and pointed out our most obvious flaws.

Why don't you do us a favor. Next time Alabama loses go to their board and tell them what they're doing wrong. Let's see how well that advice is received.

Now you are trying to say this was his advice and not opinion?

wow bro.

I have gone to a Bama board and told them what I thought. Some received it like you did this one and some received it like me and others received it.

Sooners78
10/24/2011, 01:27 PM
We had that defense under Bob Stoops as well. It just disappeared after the 2003 season.

That would be the year Mike left.

kevpks
10/24/2011, 03:32 PM
That would be the year Mike left.

The '09 defense was really really good. That is what made the catastrophic injuries all the more frustrating that season.

Johnny Utah
10/24/2011, 03:44 PM
There's truth to what you said but unless we get some offensive linemen who don't constantly miss blocks then we have no choice.

IMO, the offensive line is the most disappointing thing. Stoops has been on a four year rotation on the oline. We had great line play in 2000, 2004, and 2008. We were poor in 2001, 2005, and 2009 (?). If the trend continued our offensive line should be better than they are right now.

We're in agreement on this ... I just forgot to put it in my post (it was kind of early). The question seems to be is your line a pass-blocking or run-blocking line? There are many on this forum who think you can have one or the other, and OU has gone the pass-blocking route which is used to rationalize its red zone inefficiency. IMO I'd like to see OU become more of a dominant running team and not place so much of the offense on the QB.

soonerhubs
10/24/2011, 09:49 PM
Solution to the problem:
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2011/10/the-oversigning-bowl

jkjsooner
10/25/2011, 09:41 AM
The '09 defense was really really good. That is what made the catastrophic injuries all the more frustrating that season.

Yeah, but the o-line wasn't very good at all. We had one very good linemen but that doesn't make an offensive line. We were not going to win the national title with that offensive line even with a healthy Bradford and Gresham.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/25/2011, 10:10 AM
One thing that many people are forgetting...and this is not a dig at any SEC team...

They have lesser prop 48/16 admission requirements. So they are able to go out and get more kids that are unable to make it to a Big 10, PAC-12, or Big 12 school.

And the SEC overshoots the scholarship totals to then later rescind a few.

soonerhubs
10/26/2011, 08:11 PM
And the SEC overshoots the scholarship totals to then later rescind a few.

I'll be damned if you'll ever hear Sabanball acknowledge that LSU and Bama screw over student athletes by reneging on schollies.

No, it's that the SEC is "grittier" and "tougher" than any conference.

Some schools treat students like humans, others like LSU and Bama treat them like soul-less commodities, but hey, maybe schools in other conferences will soon "toughen up" and learn how to screw over the academic futures of 18-22 year old kids.

yankee
10/26/2011, 10:13 PM
Yeah, but the o-line wasn't very good at all. We had one very good linemen but that doesn't make an offensive line. We were not going to win the national title with that offensive line even with a healthy Bradford and Gresham.
The OL sucked because of the catastrophic injuries, like he mentioned. No continuity from week to week.

soonerhubs
10/30/2011, 04:47 AM
No rebuttal from the OP. Surprise! surprise!

btb916
10/30/2011, 09:05 AM
Why should he bother coming back to this thread? Some of you loons would flame him for *gasp* posting his opinion ON A MESSAGE BOARD!! AHHHH THE HORROR

soonerhubs
10/30/2011, 10:38 AM
Poor guy thumps his chest, but he won't address the chicken **** practice of over signing. Got it!

Jacie
10/30/2011, 10:44 AM
I'll be damned if you'll ever hear Sabanball acknowledge that LSU and Bama screw over student athletes by reneging on schollies.

Some schools treat students like humans, others like LSU and Bama treat them like soul-less commodities, but hey, maybe schools in other conferences will soon "toughen up" and learn how to screw over the academic futures of 18-22 year old kids.

Does this mean there will soon be a resurgence of the misery and aTm programs?

soonerhubs
10/30/2011, 10:50 AM

Does this mean there will soon be a resurgence of the misery and aTm programs?
If they learn to screw over college athletes in similar fashion then yes.

delhalew
10/30/2011, 10:56 AM
SB is OK. The whorns fans some of you tolerate are much worse.

Do you really expect a Bama fan to NOT sound like a Bama fan?

He is right about the role of defense in a championship team. He is misguided about our defense. So what.

I would be surprised if he can defend the practice of over signing, but I'd like to see him try.

Saban and Miles are the worst when it comes to over signing.

soonerhubs
10/30/2011, 11:47 AM
I would be surprised if he can defend the practice of over signing, but I'd like to see him try.

Saban and Miles are the worst when it comes to over signing.

I'd like to see him defend it as well. So far, he's just talking about how "Awesome" Nick Saban is without acknowledging the statistical advantages of treating athletes like disposable factory parts.