PDA

View Full Version : Now that the pressure is off....

JiminyChristmas
10/23/2011, 12:51 AM
We will play with our hair on fire. I bet we play loose and take more chances. We can still run the table and win the Big XII.

Yeah, it sucks to give one away and watch the NC hopes go down the drain, but you have to just move on.

Main thing I hope to come out of this is for Heupel to learn and grow as a play caller. I think the inexperience there has been overlooked for most of the year.

Boomer Sooner!

Blue
10/23/2011, 12:53 AM
Pffft. Don't get many chances like this year.

TrophyCollector
10/23/2011, 12:57 AM
Pffft. Don't get many chances like this year.

Yea, it will be generations before thete is another combo like LJ, Broyles and Stills on the field again.

agoo758
10/23/2011, 12:59 AM
Now that the pressure is off, we can yet again fall short of a NC with a team was that good enough to win a NC.

8timechamps
10/23/2011, 01:00 AM
I agree...there is NO pressure going forward. Just go play football.

I'm also not sure we will have to wait too long to have another shot. The youth (sorry, I know that sounds a little texan) is huge, and we have some studs coming in. I think within two years, we're back in the hunt.

soonerinstlw
10/23/2011, 01:04 AM
Blah, blah, blah. Stop rationalizing. There was one goal at the beginning of the season and now it is out of reach. Why don't we just celebrate the fact that we don't have to deal with the imbreeds in New Orleans again. I mean that makes flushing the whole season down the crapper worth it.

Always_Sooner
10/23/2011, 01:05 AM
Good point, tonight was not about a single factor such as injuries, coaches, and players execution. It's just a bad loss, but some people are already starting to overreact already. Acting like the world is going to end, and how Bob Stoops is a terrible coach, and how he is not top 5 anymore. It's frustrating because Stoops does not loose to inferior opponents often, but any day somebody can sneak up and beat you.

I still think this a good team, that just got beat across the board.

Always_Sooner
10/23/2011, 01:06 AM
Ou has got to get healthy plain and simple.

Okie35
10/23/2011, 01:07 AM
We will play with our hair on fire. I bet we play loose and take more chances. We can still run the table and win the Big XII.

Yeah, it sucks to give one away and watch the NC hopes go down the drain, but you have to just move on.

Main thing I hope to come out of this is for Heupel to learn and grow as a play caller. I think the inexperience there has been overlooked for most of the year.

Boomer Sooner!

One game at a time but I do think we stomp a mudhole in KSU next week.

mightysooner
10/23/2011, 01:09 AM
Um......this is a national title caliber team that just lost on their home field to a vastly inferior opponent for no reason. It's been 11 years folks.

Always_Sooner
10/23/2011, 01:09 AM
KSU will be a tough game...

TrophyCollector
10/23/2011, 01:26 AM
http://americandigest.org/sidelines/assets-images-gawker-2008-07-lowered-expectations.jpg

mightysooner
10/23/2011, 01:28 AM
http://americandigest.org/sidelines/assets-images-gawker-2008-07-lowered-expectations.jpg

Haha.....enter sunshine pumpers still clinging to 2000.

soonerinstlw
10/23/2011, 01:31 AM
Even Stoops, at the beginning of the season, said it has been long enough.

TrophyCollector
10/23/2011, 01:36 AM
Even Stoops, at the beginning of the season, said it has been long enough.

Cool, so I guess that means next year it will have been too long.

JiminyChristmas
10/23/2011, 01:43 AM
I agree that has been long enough. I agree that this team potentially had something special in front of them. I agree that this was an excruciatingly disapppointing loss. But it is ridiculous to believe that I am "settling for mediocrity" or "sunshine pumping" because I choose to maintain some perspective.

Our coaching staff puts us in the position to have these high expectations year after year. Very few teams are in the hunt every single year. We are. Did you see the stat that we've been ranked in the top 5 of the BCS more than any other team? BY DOUBLE DIGITS, I might add.

They will get us back there. Try to enjoy the ride.

mightysooner
10/23/2011, 01:49 AM
I agree that has been long enough. I agree that this team potentially had something special in front of them. I agree that this was an excruciatingly disapppointing loss. But it is ridiculous to believe that I am "settling for mediocrity" or "sunshine pumping" because I choose to maintain some perspective.

Our coaching staff puts us in the position to have these high expectations year after year. Very few teams are in the hunt every single year. We are. Did you see the stat that we've been ranked in the top 5 of the BCS more than any other team? BY DOUBLE DIGITS, I might add.

Nobody gives a sh*t about being ranked in the top 5 of the BCS when you lose on the big stage more often than not. When you get exposed on national television in the BCS every year and your reputation suffers it doesn't mean dick. We have 7 Big XII titles and one national title to show for it. That's ****ty. No other way to cut it.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2011, 01:49 AM

Funny, but very true. If the top prize is off the table, then go for the highest one still there. The conference title in this case. But it won't be easy...

JiminyChristmas
10/23/2011, 01:58 AM

Nobody gives a sh*t about being ranked in the top 5 of the BCS when you lose on the big stage more often than not. When you get exposed on national television in the BCS every year and your reputation suffers it doesn't mean dick. We have 7 Big XII titles and one national title to show for it. That's ****ty. No other way to cut it.

Did you really just say that SEVEN Big XII titles and one NC since 2000 is ****ty? You are an idiot.

SoonerKnight
10/23/2011, 02:00 AM

What big stage ABC didn't play the game to the entire country for a good part of it!! LOL!!!

Neath a Western Sky
10/23/2011, 02:02 AM

Totally agree, and with the posters who reminded us what we all--including Stoops--considered success for this season. We'll have additional exciting games, we'll be on TV some more, we may even win the Big 12 again, though I have my doubts on the latter, considering how well OSU is playing. But it's all anticlimactic and not what he hoped for from here on out in 2011. To say anything else is a lie.

Okie35
10/23/2011, 02:03 AM
Blah, blah, blah. Stop rationalizing. There was one goal at the beginning of the season and now it is out of reach. Why don't we just celebrate the fact that we don't have to deal with the imbreeds in New Orleans again. I mean that makes flushing the whole season down the crapper worth it.

It's not really out of reach but you've got a point.

mightysooner
10/23/2011, 02:05 AM
Did you really just say that SEVEN Big XII titles and one NC since 2000 is ****ty? You are an idiot.

Yeah.....I did. And no, I'm not an idiot. I have higher expectations than winning one national title every 11 years when you win your conference 7 of those eleven years. That's not crazy talk. Where is your threshhold people? It's been 11 years!

Okie35
10/23/2011, 02:08 AM

What big stage ABC didn't play the game to the entire country for a good part of it!! LOL!!!

Lol

Okie35
10/23/2011, 02:16 AM

Yeah.....I did. And no, I'm not an idiot. I have higher expectations than winning one national title every 11 years when you win your conference 7 of those eleven years. That's not crazy talk. Where is your threshhold people? It's been 11 years!
That's true. I'm not even mad about this loss. I expected a loss not last night though.