PDA

View Full Version : Just wasn't our night

soonercastor
10/23/2011, 12:39 AM
Broyles rarely fumbles

Hunnicut has been money hitting FGs

last FG thereat the end hit the post, pretty much a microcosm of the game.

Took us forever to get Gabe off the field, we missed Flemming

Finch played well IMO, but we missed Whaley's type of running in certain situations.

There really was nothing new in this game, pretty much the same issues we've been having came back to haunt us; we just weren't able to overcome it today.

Team fought til the end, except maybe Stills that I think gave up in the final couple of drives...but he was probably dead tired.

We'll still win the Big 12, the MNC won't be for this year and it may be a while until we're back into contention especially with so many leaders on our team that are leaving.

Bad day.

Boomer Sooner!

agoo758
10/23/2011, 12:40 AM
I am just angry. Sooners can take their swagger and shove it. It would be in the best interest of our linebacking corps to just shut the **** up and play for the rest of this season, or they just forfeit it with their little fin gesture, i dont care.

cyclonesooner
10/23/2011, 12:50 AM
Yep. same old M.O. Read the newspaper clippings about how great we are and lose to another team we should defeat. I just don't understand how one of the nations top teams can go 4 years and not recruit a quality fg kicker. How many times does, it have to come back and bite us, Bob ??????????

soonercastor
10/23/2011, 01:08 AM
Championships come when you expect them the least, right? We wasted a great opportunity with this team, no doubt. But hey we just gotta keep grinding.

Always_Sooner
10/23/2011, 01:14 AM
Good points all around, and I cannot put my finger on it exactly. Tonight just wasn't our night. We could name 15 players off the top of our heads that we could point out. Just a bad game from top to bottom. The second quarter is what did us in tonight. The slip screens destroyed us and broke our backs. How many times do you see slip screens work on a Stoops coached defensive unit?

VA Sooner
10/23/2011, 01:21 AM
It was a tough loss but wasn't surprising given what we saw in the Mizzou and Kansas games. We have some things to work on and quickly as we hit the next few games.

Always_Sooner
10/23/2011, 01:24 AM
It was a tough loss but wasn't surprising given what we saw in the Mizzou and Kansas games. We have some things to work on and quickly as we hit the next few games.

True, and complacency gets harder to avoid as the year goes on. It seems extremely hard to get up for each game.

mightysooner
10/23/2011, 01:26 AM
Horse Sh*t. No excuses. Don't gimme that "wasn't our night" bullsh*t. That's mediocrity personified. I don't accept mediocrity at Oklahoma. I am 3rd generation crimson and cream and we rule our house. This was a bullshi*t loss.

CatfishSooner
10/23/2011, 01:27 AM
dy== **** **** **** ****

8timechamps
10/23/2011, 01:28 AM
Horse Sh*t. No excuses. Don't gimme that "wasn't our night" bullsh*t. That's mediocrity personified. I don't accept mediocrity at Oklahoma. I am 3rd generation crimson and cream and we rule our house. This was a bullshi*t loss.

Well said. This one hurt, bad.

Sooner_Tuf
10/23/2011, 01:52 AM

You should do something about it. :ambivalence:

TrophyCollector
10/23/2011, 01:55 AM
If by "just wasn't our night" you mean "completely unprepared tonight", I agree.

ccmike9
10/23/2011, 01:57 AM

20 year old kids will have bad games. Usually one or two layers a game, but if we win we forget about it. If it's unlucky and ten of them have that game on the same night, you lose. In other news, the sun rises tomorrow.

merciles
10/23/2011, 03:51 AM
Tech was the better prepared team tonight. Our defense, for the first 3 quarters, was seldom in position to stop them, when we were, we didn't execute consistently.

Takes a combined effort to fall behind 31-7 early in the 3rd quarter. Before tonight, I didn't think there was a team in the country that could pull that off against Oklahoma. I hope they find some answers before KSU...

CBUS_SOONER
10/23/2011, 07:29 AM
Also, I get sick of our defense talking so much noise. Prove that you are legit first please. The stupid shark **** should be put to rest

East Coast Bias
10/23/2011, 07:37 AM
inexcusable for our defense to let TT score 10 straight points in the fourth quarter after the offense got it within seven. The field goal hurt but the 10 points leading up to that was the killer..

cleller
10/23/2011, 08:02 AM
Also, I get sick of our defense talking so much noise. Prove that you are legit first please. The stupid shark **** should be put to rest

Amen to that. Nobody seemed afraid of those guys last night. Some overfed, overhyped, sluggish sharks that gave up 572 yards and 27 first downs. If this D thinks they need a name for themselves....Forgettable.