PDA

View Full Version : Gabe Lynn

PMKMDJ
10/23/2011, 12:34 AM
After all is said and done we blew the game in a myriad of different ways. However, the fact that Martinez and Venables repeatedly send Lynn out there to be beat like a dog is sad. When a 7 year old is calling for his replacement you know it's bad. We just keep sending him out there though...pathetic. Venables is terrible, can him and hire Mike...

btw, does Bob have anymore buddies we can hire that used to be preachers or teachers or play at Iowa? Let's hire a couple more and get 3 more kickers who can't kick on scholarship. I didn't even expect that kick to go in, guess I'm conditioned.

AlboSooner
10/23/2011, 12:38 AM
Don't call out kids on a message board. Call out Brent Venables. It took him three quarters to realize Lynn was not good.

Peach Fuzz
10/23/2011, 12:41 AM
Damn this is just like shaggy I swear... Really great talent didn't have a great night, not as much as texas's guys but still... and then whine and be a bitch for another 10 years...

Red
10/23/2011, 12:42 AM
Don't call out kids on a message board. Call out Brent Venables. It took him three quarters to realize Lynn was not good.

Have to agree with this. Did he suck it up.. well obviously. It's the coaches job to realize that and replace him. BV did eventually.. just 3 or so touchdowns to late.

delhalew
10/23/2011, 12:50 AM
It's a long list of guys that ought to be kicked in the jewels for **** poor effort tonight.

StoopTroup
10/23/2011, 01:00 AM
This **** is hilarious.

It's just like it was when Gibbs was Head Coach.

Now....Gary did have a really bad Season the year he lost his job but really if any of you Defensive Geniuses think you know more than Bob Stoops I'd say it's time to just man up and have him fired. He's the one that keeps Brent in his job. Every time you call for an Assistant or a Coordinator's job you are basically saying the head Coach doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

It's obvious that Bob will never assemble a group of coaches that will satisfy OU Fans to get us to the land of opportunity so man up and start calling for his name.

Two weeks ago nobody had **** to say about BV....one close game and a loss and suddenly every fan that has had a hard on for him the entire time he's been here goes off the deep end.

It's apparent that a good number of you have become message Board Trolls that really have no idea about what coaches really have to do to put a Championship Caliber Team on the field every year.

Tiger6
10/23/2011, 01:01 AM
Want to know the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. Gabe didnt show up...MAKE A CHANGE.

tulsaoilerfan
10/23/2011, 01:03 AM
This **** is hilarious.

It's just like it was when Gibbs was Head Coach.

Now....Gary did have a really bad Season the year he lost his job but really if any of you Defensive Geniuses think you know more than Bob Stoops I'd say it's time to just man up and have him fired. He's the one that keeps Brent in his job. Every time you call for an Assistant or a Coordinator's job you are basically saying the head Coach doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

It's obvious that Bob will never assemble a group of coaches that will satisfy OU Fans to get us to the land of opportunity so man up and start calling for his name.

Two weeks ago nobody had **** to say about BV....one close game and a loss and suddenly every fan that has had a hard on for him the entire time he's been here goes off the deep end.

It's apparent that a good number of you have become message Board Trolls that really have no idea about what coaches really have to do to put a Championship Caliber Team on the field every year.

Stoop no offense but your constant defending of Venables is getting old; he gets the slaps on the back when he does good, he deserves the criticism when the defense plays like crap

OUTrumpet
10/23/2011, 01:03 AM
After all is said and done we blew the game in a myriad of different ways. However, the fact that Martinez and Venables repeatedly send Lynn out there to be beat like a dog is sad. When a 7 year old is calling for his replacement you know it's bad. We just keep sending him out there though...pathetic. Venables is terrible, can him and hire Mike...

btw, does Bob have anymore buddies we can hire that used to be preachers or teachers or play at Iowa? Let's hire a couple more and get 3 more kickers who can't kick on scholarship. I didn't even expect that kick to go in, guess I'm conditioned.

Do you not remember Mike as DC? Heck when we were giving up deep balls AGAIN and I saw him on the sideline I was yelling for him to get away from our DBs.

Was he a good DC when he was here? Yes. What also happened? We frequently got torched by vertical passes.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/23/2011, 01:04 AM
People don't remember that..they remember what they choose to so they can win their arguments

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2011, 01:05 AM
Was he a good DC when he was here? Yes. What also happened? We frequently got torched by vertical passes.

Frequently is an awful subjective term.

azheat4u
10/23/2011, 01:05 AM
Mike Stoops is not the answer. Didn't anyone see his Arizona teams? They were always out coached. He needs to move on and coach somewhere other than OU.

jumperstop
10/23/2011, 01:06 AM
Gabe did not play well to say the least.....but he was by far not the only player that needs to be called out if we're calling out players over here...

AlboSooner
10/23/2011, 01:07 AM
Mike Stoops is not the answer. Didn't anyone see his Arizona teams? They were always out coached. He needs to move on and coach somewhere other than OU.

Can we get some assistant from LSU or Bama? We need new blood in there. Al Eshchback is killing the kickers, yet he gives Brent V and the D a pass.

8timechamps
10/23/2011, 01:08 AM
Enough with the calling out of players. Wanna complain about the coaches, go for it (but don't expect to get much support from rational fans)....players are off limits.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/23/2011, 01:08 AM
wow... you are listening to wwls?

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2011, 01:09 AM
JAHNNIES CHAHCOE BWOILAH

Al Eschbach is my father.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/23/2011, 01:10 AM
are you 4 foot tall?

mightysooner
10/23/2011, 01:11 AM
Venables waits too long to make adjustments. Period. He waits until half time even when he's getting drummed. He's incapable of making in-game adjustments. He just is folks.

The_Red_Patriot
10/23/2011, 01:13 AM
Enough with the calling out of players. Wanna complain about the coaches, go for it (but don't expect to get much support from rational fans)....players are off limits.

Why are players off limits? They play the game right? They are 18-22 year old adults right? Give me a friggin break. Accountability please! Its east to blame a coach and it's even easier to blame a kicker. Oklahoma lost this game do to poor play on defense and offense.

PLAYERS HAVE TO EXECUTE!

Tiger6
10/23/2011, 01:16 AM
Why are players off limits? They play the game right? They are 18-22 year old adults right? Give me a friggin break. Accountability please! Its east to blame a coach and it's even easier to blame a kicker. Oklahoma lost this game do to poor play on defense and offense.

PLAYERS HAVE TO EXECUTE!

I'm a man, i'm 40!

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2011, 01:17 AM
3'11".

BWOILAH

soonerinstlw
10/23/2011, 01:21 AM

PLAYERS HAVE TO EXECUTE!

What? Coach V didn't teach those guys to get burnt on defense and Coach H didn't teach receivers to drop passes time after time after time on third down (for any of you that happened to DVR the EPSN access thingy, go back and listen to what the receivers say about dropped passes)?

oudavid1
10/23/2011, 01:22 AM
Stop calling out kids!!!

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2011, 01:22 AM
You should post that on twitter.

8timechamps
10/23/2011, 01:23 AM

PLAYERS HAVE TO EXECUTE!

So, you're saying the 18/22 year olds are accountable to who, us? Please. Players aren't off limits, but personally attacking a player is. If you want to spend your time braking down every bad play made in the game by every bad player, go for it...but we all saw it. I'm talking about the BS posting that I've already seen here that was a personal attack on a player.

And to answer your question, Yes, players play the game, and they are adults. They also don't have to answer to any of us, least of all an internet message board. And just as I've already said, everything every one is upset about doesn't compare to how the players are feeling right now. And, tomorrow, we get up and go on with our lives...they'll be paying for this the rest of the week/season.

If you want to be critical, do it in a way that a sensible, disappointed fan would do it. Not a toothless LSU fan.

soonerinstlw
10/23/2011, 01:28 AM
Stop calling out kids!!!

Kids? Something tells me that most individuals on this board wouldn't consider these adults kids if they were on trial for murder. We also don't consider individuals the same age or younger kids when we send them off to war. I am not trying to make this political. I am just trying to prove a point. These players are not kids. They are adults and if you don't want to be called out for missing a field goal, go play for "East Popcorn State." If you accept a FREE college education at a major university to play football with the ultimate goal of making millions of dollars to do the same, we can call you out when you don't play well. It comes with the territory.

8timechamps
10/23/2011, 01:30 AM
Kids? Something tells me that most individuals on this board wouldn't consider these adults kids if they were on trial for murder. We also don't consider individuals the same age or younger kids when we send them off to war. I am not trying to make this political. I am just trying to prove a point. These players are not kids. They are adults and if you don't want to be called out for missing a field goal, go play for "East Popcorn State." If you accept a FREE college education at a major university to play football with the ultimate goal of making millions of dollars to do the same, we can call you out when you don't play well. It comes with the territory.

This isn't a murder trial, nor are we sending these kids off to war. They lost a football game. And, sure, being in the spotlight does come with the territory, but calling out players in a public forum is just bush league. That's how it is here, that's how it will continue to be.

MyT Oklahoma
10/23/2011, 01:33 AM
Anybody who walks on water may feel free to call out the players. The rest of us realize its just a game and nobody feels worse about tonight than the players.

But do feel free to make an *** out of yourself calling out players if you want. It's a free country.

8timechamps
10/23/2011, 01:34 AM
Anybody who walks on water may feel free to call out the players. The rest of us realize its just a game and nobody feels worse about tonight than the players.

But do feel free to make an *** out of yourself calling out players if you want. It's a free country.

Maybe I should have just gone with that instead of what I posted. Either way, it gets the point across.

oudavid1
10/23/2011, 01:35 AM

You just compared playing football to murder and war.

So ill rephrase my original post.

STOP OVER-EXAGGERATING!!!!

StoopTroup
10/23/2011, 01:37 AM
Stoop no offense but your constant defending of Venables is getting old; he gets the slaps on the back when he does good, he deserves the criticism when the defense plays like crap

It's obvious you have joined the Trolls. Every Team has a bad day and very few Teams can go undefeated.

Also....chew on this....

It's just a fact.

• Gabe Lynn recorded a career-high seven tackles in the game. Lynn's previous high was six tackles against Missouri on Sept. 24.

soonerinstlw
10/23/2011, 01:44 AM
No I did not. I am saying that we will allow children (literally, not metaphorically like calling college-aged students kids) to stand trial for murder and we trust individuals of a lesser age to die for our freedom. Yet, calling out a football player, who is going to college for free (I realize that is not the case for Honeycutt), is off limits. I am not over-exaggerating. I am merely pointing out the hypocracy with who is protected from what. Stop acting as if these guys are elementary students who need to be coddled and protected from the big, mean fans.

StoopTroup
10/23/2011, 01:45 AM

David and whoever else...The kids are in School. Now I will say this....I have seen some 50-60 year old guys go back to college and get their degrees. Usually when it happens the kids in their class make a big deal out of it as they wonder how an older Student like that got through it when most folks in their classes were so much younger but mostly I see respect when it happens. Respect comes from the Kids in their class too. Adults going back to school later in life has become quite a large market for Universities these days. When it happens....it's pretty special too and the KIDS know it.

Your Wrong....they are kids.

Now....guys that join up to the military and then get a rifle or a weapon stuck in their hands at 18 years old.....They are kids too. Thing is...by the time they are done with 4 years of service....I'd hire them before I'd hire a kid fresh out of college.

Kids. You can go on thinking whatever you want but other than a guy like Brandon Weedon.....they are mostly kids.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2011, 01:53 AM
You can go on thinking whatever you want but other than a guy like Brandon Weedon.....they are mostly kids.

Truth. Weeden is like, 163 years old.

StoopTroup
10/23/2011, 01:54 AM
Maybe I should have just gone with that instead of what I posted. Either way, it gets the point across.

I've sat in the parking lot of OU Tailgates and listened to OU (Fans?) stand there and blast on about a player and not realize that the players Mother and Father are standing right there. It's one of the most embarrassing awkward moments I've ever had to experience. It's why I really do try to refrain from putting so much on players. It's a Team Sport. If a NFL Team is paying some kicker to make a FG or Extra Point to win a game.....if they miss....they get fired. In College.....they can lose their scholarship too. Now the thing is....they all are human and deserve to be treated as such IMO......the only time i feel different is if they are from texSpaz or stoolwater. those folks understand that we just have differences. :D

StoopTroup
10/23/2011, 01:56 AM
Truth. Weeden is like, 163 years old.

:D

StoopTroup
10/23/2011, 01:58 AM
are you 4 foot tall?

In the saddle he is. His Saddle horn once made pistol pete blush.

soonerinstlw
10/23/2011, 02:03 AM
David and whoever else...The kids are in School. Now I will say this....I have seen some 50-60 year old guys go back to college and get their degrees. Usually when it happens the kids in their class make a big deal out of it as they wonder how an older Student like that got through it when most folks in their classes were so much younger but mostly I see respect when it happens. Respect comes from the Kids in their class too. Adults going back to school later in life has become quite a large market for Universities these days. When it happens....it's pretty special too and the KIDS know it.

Your Wrong....they are kids.

Now....guys that join up to the military and then get a rifle or a weapon stuck in their hands at 18 years old.....They are kids too. Thing is...by the time they are done with 4 years of service....I'd hire them before I'd hire a kid fresh out of college.

Kids. You can go on thinking whatever you want but other than a guy like Brandon Weedon.....they are mostly kids.

No, they are not kids. They are adults. They are adults who make a choice to come to OU to win national titles. With that comes fans who expect them to play at that level. This is the same mentality that leads to taking dodgeball out of elementary school PE and awarding everyone a participation trophy. Get real. I would completely agree with you about hiring military individuals over college grads. Think about why that is. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that soldiers might be the last group of individuals who we don't coddle.

StoopTroup
10/23/2011, 02:06 AM

Even the Diamondbacks needed Randy Johnson to pull off a World Series. Randy was at a lot of teams before he ever was part of a winner. Mike was part of a winner before he was at AZ. I'd say The Wildcats will still be lost for a very long time whether mike Stoops is there or not.

StoopTroup
10/23/2011, 02:10 AM
No, they are not kids. They are adults. They are adults who make a choice to come to OU to win national titles. With that comes fans who expect them to play at that level. This is the same mentality that leads to taking dodgeball out of elementary school PE and awarding everyone a participation trophy. Get real. I would completely agree with you about hiring military individuals over college grads. Think about why that is. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that soldiers might be the last group of individuals who we don't coddle.

Nope. Your wrong.

College delays real life. There may be a group of kids trying to be adults while they are at school.....but they are meerly just depriving themselves of their youth. The NCAA even hands them a rule book and Coaches time after time go over the rules because they time after time break the rules. Adults break the rules too but they expect to be held accountable for it when they break them.

The kids in school all wonder why they are getting pounded for breaking the rules because they were just there to play well and hopefully get a real job in 4-5 years as an NFL Multi-millionaire who will be broke by the time they are 30.

soonerinstlw
10/23/2011, 02:20 AM
Nope. Your wrong.

College delays real life. There may be a group of kids trying to be adults while they are at school.....but they are meerly just depriving themselves of their youth.

You are correct. At no point in college did I ever consider myself an adult. After all, what about college is ever going to affect you for the rest of your life. I am willing to bet that the "group of kids trying to be adults in college" make up the vast majority of the "1%" and the ones who still considered themselves kids (and acted as such) are part of the "99%."

I find it ironic that some of the individuals (generalization) are saying not to call out the "kids," but rather to call out the coaches for not doing what amounts to calling out the "kids" - benching them. I bet pulling the "kids" from the game is going to hurt their feelings much more than any fans calling them out on a message board that they don't read. But, I could be worng. I hope their mommies and daddies are not at the game when the coaches are mean to them.

btb916
10/23/2011, 02:34 AM

Get out of here. Just because they are legally adults does not mean that they are not still kids. They most certainly are still kids. Look at Kenny Stills and tell me he is not going to mature a great deal moving forward in his life...even guys like Broyles who have been around the block, at 22, he's most definitely still a kid.

EatLeadCommie
10/23/2011, 02:37 AM
Gabe Lynn had a bad 3rd quarter. He wasn't responsible for OU sucking balls in the first half.

soonergirlNeugene
10/23/2011, 02:44 AM
You know as far as meltdowns go, I was thinking this one wasn't so bad till I peeked in this thread XD
Raging peeps need to go sleep it off.

soonerinstlw
10/23/2011, 02:51 AM
Get out of here. Just because they are legally adults does not mean that they are not still kids. They most certainly are still kids. Look at Kenny Stills and tell me he is not going to mature a great deal moving forward in his life...even guys like Broyles who have been around the block, at 22, he's most definitely still a kid.

At what point does someone stop maturing? What does that have to do with anything? So you are saying as long as we are still maturing (which is what I assume you are somehow trying to define as a kid vs. an adult) that we are not open to critisim - which is where the adult vs. kid conversation started? Geez. I had no idea our fan base would be so protective over grown men who play one of the most violent sports around. I didn't realize these guys were tough enough to play football at OU but not tough enough to "hear" (quotes used b/c they don't hear the crap spoken on these boards) some critisim from a few fans. To quote Mr. Hawkins, "this is Division I football."

soonerinstlw
10/23/2011, 02:52 AM
Gabe Lynn had a bad 3rd quarter. He wasn't responsible for OU sucking balls in the first half.

I agree. Hell, how many times did they try that same play in the 1st half to no avail. I wish our kicker could have that same success rate!

jkjsooner
10/23/2011, 08:38 AM
Seem to remember Mike Stoops sending out Pee Wee Woods to get burned over and over.

This is also why I'm hesitant to criticize players - although I do at times. I can't think of Pee Wee Woods without cringing. It's not his fault he couldn't get the job done. It was the coach's fault for not having a better alternative. Pee Wee was definitely no worse than the scholarship athlete who never saw the field.

jkjsooner
10/23/2011, 09:01 AM

Are you really that dumb? There was no comparison made between football and murder/war. The statement was about how 18 year olds are treated as adults throughout our society.

Nobody was saying a football game is like a war. Guys like you always take these comments out of context.

It's the same as you'll hear if someone says, "Xxx is using a disinformation campaign that uses the tactics perfected by Nazi Germany." There's always some dumb arse who responds, "Oh my God you called them Nazis." No dip chit that is not what was said.

tulsaoilerfan
10/23/2011, 10:56 AM
It's obvious you have joined the Trolls. Every Team has a bad day and very few Teams can go undefeated.

Also....chew on this....

It's just a fact.

• Gabe Lynn recorded a career-high seven tackles in the game. Lynn's previous high was six tackles against Missouri on Sept. 24.

So i'm a troll? That's funny

SoonerMarkVA
10/23/2011, 11:02 AM
Gabe did not play well to say the least.....but he was by far not the only player that needs to be called out if we're calling out players over here...

There's really no need to call anyone out. This was a flat-out disaster across the board. There wasn't a single aspect of last night's game that you could say even performed adequately. Not the coaches, not the offense, not the defense, and not the STs. It was a full collapse. That's the kind of group effort required for a below-average team to come in to your house and embarrass you. If "Gabe Lynn" is to blame, then the entire team needs to stand up and say, "I am Gabe Lynn."

rock on sooner
10/23/2011, 11:20 AM
Yep, it was a team effort...dropped passes...burned on the same play twice..missed O-line blocking assignments...
missing three starters on D...missing the starting running back (although Finch looked good)...missed field goal (2)..
missed tackles...the stars aligned last night. We can still win the conference. With more than a little luck, play in
the MNC, but more likely play in the Fiesta Bowl against BSU or Stanford. Go back to basics, focus on the next
game and kick @$$!

TDArkansasOhMy
10/23/2011, 11:26 AM

We will gladly swap Willy Robinson for Brent Venables. (Today) Contact Bobby Petrino ASAP

jumperstop
10/23/2011, 11:47 AM
There's really no need to call anyone out. This was a flat-out disaster across the board. There wasn't a single aspect of last night's game that you could say even performed adequately. Not the coaches, not the offense, not the defense, and not the STs. It was a full collapse. That's the kind of group effort required for a below-average team to come in to your house and embarrass you. If "Gabe Lynn" is to blame, then the entire team needs to stand up and say, "I am Gabe Lynn."

That's calling someone out? Saying a particular player didn't play well, and then justifying it by saying he was by far not the only one. Of all the crazy post in the thread you chose mine to say that to? If you think what I said was calling a player out, it's no worse than you continuing to post in the thread that was made to call someone out....let it die.....