PDA

View Full Version : Fans.....

jthomasou78
10/23/2011, 12:28 AM
Its disappointing how empty the stadium is with the team still in it with 1 minute left.

agoo758
10/23/2011, 12:29 AM
What would happen? We get it back and miss a game tying field goal? The team deserves to have their fans leave them. They didn't deserve any support tonight.

CrimsonRez
10/23/2011, 12:36 AM
You know what, if this was the pro's I would agree with you Agoo. But they're just kids, bottom line. Yes they are getting their education paid for by playing football, but come on our fans need to nut the **** up and stop being pussies at games. Our stadium should be blowing eardrums out every single game. But no we have people sit there and bitch and moan about people standing up the entire game. Listen if you don't want to go to a game and cheer your *** off I'm going to give you an option. Go home, stay there, buy the game on PPV or whatever it's playing on, and give up your ticket to some one that will go there and appreciate it. You don't leave the boys even if they're getting their *** handed to them.

Sooners78
10/23/2011, 12:41 AM
Seeing that on tv was @#$%ing embarassing. Nice job fans.

Peach Fuzz
10/23/2011, 12:43 AM
well someone has to burn a ****in couch...

BigJerm7
10/23/2011, 12:46 AM
i missed the "leaving a game early" section in the fan rulebook?

I'm sorry, I thought I bought my ticket with my money.

bringit
10/23/2011, 01:05 AM
it's pretty well-known that our fans are fair-weathered. Hope Stoops calls them out for bailing on the team.

The_Red_Patriot
10/23/2011, 01:08 AM
Agreed. If you think the fans/student atmosphere in Norman is something special you are just ignorant. SEC and hell..most Big 10 schools dominate what goes on in Norman.

MyT Oklahoma
10/23/2011, 01:14 AM
Yeah it sucked to see the place so empty but empty is better than people booing the team.

oudavid1
10/23/2011, 01:18 AM
Ive always left early. Its ONLY because of traffic. No mater what. I would be perfectly fine hearing a miracle comeback on the radio.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/23/2011, 01:26 AM
Yeah it sucked to see the place so empty but empty is better than people booing the team.We looked SO bad and SO unprepared for this game, it was depressing to watch. I was at the OU gamewatch bar in PHX(Tilted Kilt), and checked out when we came out after the half and gave them another quick score to go down 31-7. This was the third game this year when we came unprepared and unmotivated to play. I had had enough anguish, and took off. I think I might have done the same thing at Owen Field tonight.

TulsaSooners
10/23/2011, 01:37 AM
Couldn't agree more on all accounts. Seeing our stadium 1/4 filled with lifeless fans is embarrassing compared to the passion of other programs. I feel that the lack of numbers and enthusiasm is almost as embarrassing as the team having so many glaring holes.

5noubus
10/23/2011, 01:38 AM
I stuck it out- in fact I think I was on tv as one of the sad fans when we missed the last fg. We yelled until we are hoarse, we got rained on, froze to death and still cheered- just didn't help. What happened? What went wrong? My phone died before half

jumperstop
10/23/2011, 01:39 AM
I understand why it was empty near the end, I'm more disappointed with how empty it was at the begining of the game. A lot of people left from the get go. Those are the people you should be calling out. It didn't even rain during the game and wasn't bad at all.

PhiDeltBeers
10/23/2011, 01:43 AM
You know what, if this was the pro's I would agree with you Agoo. But they're just kids, bottom line. Yes they are getting their education paid for by playing football, but come on our fans need to nut the **** up and stop being pussies at games. Our stadium should be blowing eardrums out every single game. But no we have people sit there and bitch and moan about people standing up the entire game. Listen if you don't want to go to a game and cheer your *** off I'm going to give you an option. Go home, stay there, buy the game on PPV or whatever it's playing on, and give up your ticket to some one that will go there and appreciate it. You don't leave the boys even if they're getting their *** handed to them.

I mentioned this exact same thing last year about standing up and got flamed to the edges of the Earth, but I agree with you. Clay, actually mentioned something about it on Twitter that he was a little dissapointed with the fans leaving when it was close at the end.

CrimsonRez
10/23/2011, 01:45 AM
I realize you bought your ticket with your money. If you bail on our boys how about you save yourself some money and give it up

jumperstop
10/23/2011, 02:10 AM
More fans would probably stay if they stop scheduling all night games. I honestly don't think we've played a day game other than texas. I think some of the fans are probably getting a little tired of it. I don't have kids or go to church, but a lot of the people who come to the games do. I know it was rain delayed but it would still be 10-11 before it was over.

btb916
10/23/2011, 02:17 AM
What would happen? We get it back and miss a game tying field goal? The team deserves to have their fans leave them. They didn't deserve any support tonight.

You don't deserve to call yourself a Sooner with that kind of comment.

yermom
10/23/2011, 02:26 AM
Wusses, the lot of you.

I was yelling the whole 4th quarter

Why did they have to give me hope then rip my heart out?

soonergirlNeugene
10/23/2011, 02:32 AM
I know my folks left during the rain delay....which I found rather surprising considering that they drove all the way out to Norman just to turn around before kickoff. Harsh reality is, they are getting older and when night games start on time they tend to not make it back till around 2am.

mightysooner
10/23/2011, 02:34 AM
The fans knew they had no business losing this game and they're right. Tech will be a 5 loss team at year end and we'll be sitting around circle jerking and sunshine pumping about how off we were that day.

jthomasou78
10/23/2011, 07:42 AM
I know alot of people are not happy with the way the team played, but some of the attitudes are **** poor. I was a student at OU from 95 to 99. The Scnellenberger and Blake years we were **** the entire time I went to school. Even though we werent good those kids on those teams still deserved our support. Sometimes people forget where we were before Stoops came here. It looks like alot of fans have become very spoiled by our success.

nmsoonergirl
10/23/2011, 08:45 AM
it's pretty well-known that our fans are fair-weathered. Hope Stoops calls them out for bailing on the team.

I'm DEFINITELY of the "stay-til-the-bitter-end" crowd, but I'm not sure Stoops is in a position to be picking on the fans this week....

Turd_Ferguson
10/23/2011, 08:54 AM
Sounds like a few just jumped off the wagon...meh.

TMcGee86
10/23/2011, 08:56 AM
Normally I'd agree but it was like 1am in the morning. I'll give them a pass after that suck fest.

tulsaoilerfan
10/23/2011, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving early; if we had went we would not have gotten home till about 230 at best; OU needs to stop it with all these damn night games

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/23/2011, 10:39 AM
I understand why it was empty near the end, I'm more disappointed with how empty it was at the begining of the game. A lot of people left from the get go. Those are the people you should be calling out. It didn't even rain during the game and wasn't bad at all.I have never left early. Not even when we were getting our asses kicked in the late 90s - I've always stayed. I've stayed during torrential downpours and when my eyelashes had icicles. Last night I left before the game even started. I didn't want to leave but the last time they had us take cover was the most miserable I have ever been. 85,000 people asses to elbows is no fun at all. It made me claustrophobic to even think about doing that again. Also, lightning is not something to be taken lightly.

If they had announced that people could take cover in the fieldhouse and be allowed back in the stadium I would have stayed. But wait underneath the stadium with 85,000 people instead of driving home and watching from my living room? No thanks.

OklaPony
10/23/2011, 10:39 AM
Its disappointing how empty the stadium is with the team still in it with 1 minute left.

... said the "fans" from the comfort of their living rooms.

btb916
10/23/2011, 10:46 AM
I stayed 'till the bitter end. I was disappointed by how many people bailed at halftime, but I don't really blame anyone for leaving. We got pretty raucous towards the end when we mounted the comeback, even with more than half the fans gone...but the fans don't play the game, the players do.

tulsaoilerfan
10/23/2011, 10:47 AM
I have never left early. Not even when we were getting our asses kicked in the late 90s - I've always stayed. I've stayed during torrential downpours and when my eyelashes had icicles. Last night I left before the game even started. I didn't want to leave but the last time they had us take cover was the most miserable I have ever been. 85,000 people asses to elbows is no fun at all. It made me claustrophobic to even think about doing that again. Also, lightning is not something to be taken lightly.

If they had announced that people could take cover in the fieldhouse and be allowed back in the stadium I would have stayed. But wait underneath the stadium with 85,000 people instead of driving home and watching from my living room? No thanks.

I agree with you on this; at one game several years ago we had a weather delay and we were jam packed like sardines underneath the South end zone; i was afraid that my son(who was about 8 at that time) was going to get crushed in there; it was not a pleasant experience at all

btb916
10/23/2011, 10:50 AM
Fortunately I sat underneath the upper deck, and got to stay in my seat during the delay with only a little rain getting on me. Glad I didn't have to go down into the concourse for sure...

GrapevineSooner
10/23/2011, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving early; if we had went we would not have gotten home till about 230 at best; OU needs to stop it with all these damn night games

Well, if you enjoy OU getting all those millions from the current TV contract...

GDC
10/23/2011, 10:51 AM
The fans knew they had no business losing this game and they're right. Tech will be a 5 loss team at year end and we'll be sitting around circle jerking and sunshine pumping about how off we were that day.

Nice avatar!

jkjsooner
10/23/2011, 10:51 AM
You can criticize the fans all you want but in th real world this would happen at every single school in the country.

The team lives in the real world not the "super fan" world. If I had my way every single fan would scream constantly when the opposition offense is on the field but that isn't the real world either.

There will always be people who leave early. If the team doesn't want that then don't completely lay an egg for the majority of the game.

jkjsooner
10/23/2011, 11:00 AM
I know alot of people are not happy with the way the team played, but some of the attitudes are **** poor. I was a student at OU from 95 to 99. The Scnellenberger and Blake years we were **** the entire time I went to school. Even though we werent good those kids on those teams still deserved our support. Sometimes people forget where we were before Stoops came here. It looks like alot of fans have become very spoiled by our success.

What do you mean they "deserve our support"? That implies that the students/fans somehow owe the student athlete something.

Were you knocking on the doors of the the Vietnamese grad student yelling at him for not supporting his university? Nobody has an obligation to the student athlete. The support they get is earned and it's entirely up to the individual to decide whether to support the team or not.

I choose to support OU. I never leave a game early. I do not expect the same from anyone else. It's their decision and their life and they owe nothing personally to Bob Stoops.

JLEW1818
10/23/2011, 11:02 AM

I hope he does too. And i hope he owns up and says his game plan sucked, and he got beat.

Soonerus
10/23/2011, 11:29 AM
I stayed until the end but I really do not fault people for leaving, late, rainy, cold...crappy night all around...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/23/2011, 02:00 PM
Well, if you enjoy OU getting all those millions from the current TV contract...Yeah, like OU, or any team, has control over their game time!

Johnny Utah
10/23/2011, 05:35 PM
Travis Haney speaks to the fan situation in his Morning-after Blog. http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2011/10/23/morning-after-blog-sooners-home-streak-ends-at-39/

"Crowd support factors into this, as well. I’m amazed at the number of students who did not return after the delay. I would have loved that kind of environment/late start if I were in college, or when I was in college. I don’t know what it is about these OU students. They don’t seem to have a heart for the game that has meant so many to residents here. It’s confusing for me, considering all the great environments I’ve seen. If the kids are spoiled by home success, well, shouldn’t Saturday serve as a wake-up call? Brennan Clay said after the game he noticed how many seats were empty when the game resumed. If you’re a family of 4 from Edmond and don’t want to hang around until after midnight, I think I understand that. But when you’re stumbling distance away from Owen Field and you don’t care enough to watch? Like I said, it’s perplexing.

Is that the reason OU lost? No, absolutely not. But it is a little ingredient in the recipe for a disastrous night, another thing that was awry."

He seems to provide a fresh perspective coming from SEC country.

OUHOMER
10/23/2011, 06:09 PM
Before the game even started, I could tell it was going to be a light crowd. We had no traffic problem getting to our normal parking area, Plus the parking area was not even close to being full. Also tickets were selling cheap at the corner and plenty available

jumperstop
10/23/2011, 06:40 PM
Was it a sellout? They never announced the attendance.

OUHOMER
10/23/2011, 06:44 PM
Was it a sellout? They never announced the attendance. Yea, they anounced 85 plus. I think its tickets sold not how many butts are in the seat

kevpks
10/23/2011, 06:46 PM
I think a good number of those fans left early to go home and sign up for an SF account in order to spend their first 10 posts telling us all "I told you so" about our defense, Landry, etc.

Lott's Bandana
10/23/2011, 06:59 PM
I left at halftime.

When it was time to go to the tailgate, it was warm and there were a few clouds, with a 20% chance of Tstorms. Now, I have been sitting here in Norman all summer, praying for rain and not getting any, so I was (naively) sporting shorts and a t-shirt, as was my girl. Hell, it wasn't going to rain.

We got to the game, took our seats and saw the big black wall coming our way. Spent the entire time below, waiting it out and were one of the first back in our seats when the game was to start. There was a cool breeze blowing over the wet stands and it worked its way to the bone.

It simply got too cold for us. Bottom line.

We got back to the tailgate, jumped on the scooter and got home in time to watch most of the second half, like those that were watching at home the entire time and have chosen to bitch about the fans leaving early.

I've been sitting on those benches since they were wood and would never leave unless conditions were miserable. Jeans and a jacket would have made a significant difference, but alas that choice had been made many hours earlier.

FaninAma
10/23/2011, 07:00 PM
I was there with my 10 year old. We stayed until the bitter end. It was gut wrenching. We got back to Ada at 2:15 am. Even though we stayed I do not blame anybody who left after the Sooners went down 31-7.

And for chrissakes, make the freaking networks schedule at least one afternoon game in Norman while the weather is nice. Getting home at midnight after every game is getting old.

Having said that, this is the 3rd game this year the team has came out totally flat. Sorry but that is coaching. This team has too much depth and too much talent to keep doing this.

One other little vent while I am at it. I hate freaking TT. Their fans are morons and and their entire sports program is a hanger-on program that has never done anything. And I am sick of their OL getting to play by a completely different set of holding rules.

I am done.

8timechamps
10/23/2011, 07:04 PM
I was there with my 10 year old. We stayed until the bitter end. It was gut wrenching. We got back to Ada at 2:15 am. Even though we stayed I do not blame anybody who left after the Sooners went down 31-7.

And for chrissakes, make the freaking networks schedule at least one afternoon game in Norman while the weather is nice. Getting home at midnight after every game is getting old.

Having said that, this is the 3rd game this year the team has came out totally flat. Sorry but that is coaching. This team has too much depth and too much talent to keep doing this.

One other little vent while I am at it. I hate freaking TT. Their fans are morons and and their entire sports program is a hanger-on program that has never done anything. And I am sick of their OL getting to play by a completely different set of holding rules.

I am done.

Sorry to hijack, but I felt the need to address this.

I haven't seen much, if any reaction to this. I'm not saying the refs cost us the game, because that's not true. But, the amount of holding last night by TT was unbelievable. The announcers said at some point that BV and Stoops had put together a package of about a dozen play from previous TT games, where holding should have been called, and wasn't, and sent it to the league offices. Didn't seem to help though.

I don't think there is much more frustrating as a fan, then to sit and watch holding (so blatant) go uncalled play after play.

FaninAma
10/23/2011, 07:10 PM

I haven't seen much, if any reaction to this. I'm not saying the refs cost us the game, because that's not true. But, the amount of holding last night by TT was unbelievable. The announcers said at some point that BV and Stoops had put together a package of about a dozen play from previous TT games, where holding should have been called, and wasn't, and sent it to the league offices. Didn't seem to help though.

I don't think there is much more frustrating as a fan, then to sit and watch holding (so blatant) go uncalled play after play.

OMG, you would see an OU DL or LB breaking through the OL and get spun in a totally differnt direction. That does not happen wihtout grabbing and holding. I hate Texas but I hope the Austin mafia is reffing that game and calls about 10 holding penalties on TT.

I also find it interesting that we got called for the critical PI penalty yet the TT DBs had arms drapped over OU receivers all night.

They had nothing to lose. They pushed the envelope and like they say, it's not a penalty unless they call it.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/23/2011, 07:12 PM
I left at halftime.

When it was time to go to the tailgate, it was warm and there were a few clouds, with a 20% chance of Tstorms. Now, I have been sitting here in Norman all summer, praying for rain and not getting any, so I was (naively) sporting shorts and a t-shirt, as was my girl. Hell, it wasn't going to rain.

We got to the game, took our seats and saw the big black wall coming our way. Spent the entire time below, waiting it out and were one of the first back in our seats when the game was to start. There was a cool breeze blowing over the wet stands and it worked its way to the bone.

It simply got too cold for us. Bottom line.

We got back to the tailgate, jumped on the scooter and got home in time to watch most of the second half, like those that were watching at home the entire time and have chosen to bitch about the fans leaving early.

I've been sitting on those benches since they were wood and would never leave unless conditions were miserable. Jeans and a jacket would have made a significant difference, but alas that choice had been made many hours earlier.Preach it.

OhU1
10/23/2011, 07:12 PM
I was on my couch and somewhat drunk on the west side of town. I was thinking if I lived at my old east Norman apartment I would have been tempted to go to the stadium and see if I could slip in (may not be possible in today's security paranoid world).

We had a real chance to steal a win last night. In years past I've given up on our chances when we get 10 points behind. Over the last 2 years we've shown more fight and less panic when we've got down. 31-7 was just too late for our team to wake up and get motivated.

Our students are major pussies is all I can say. Late night games they should be drunk, raucous, and on their feet like LSU fans. The students never came back after the rain delay. They don't want to get wet! Soft pampered pussies.

I felt sorry for our players fighting to mount what would have been the biggest comeback in OU history to a half empty stadium.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/23/2011, 07:13 PM

I am done.That and the blocks in the back. On. Every. Freaking. Play.

jumperstop
10/23/2011, 07:20 PM

OMG, you would see an OU DL or LB breaking through the OL and get spun in a totally differnt direction. That does happen wihtout grabbing and holding. I hate Texas but I hope the Austin mafia is reffing that game and calls about 10 holding penalties.

Ialso find it interesting that we got called for the critical PI penalty yet the TT DBs had arms drapped over OU receivers all night.

They had nothing to lose. They pushed the envelope and like they say, it's not a penalty unless they call it.

Completely agree. Didn't want to seem like I was bitching about the refs, but seemed like a lot of holding.

C&CDean
10/23/2011, 07:24 PM
Nobody was there because they were all on here bitching about our team. In all seriousness, generally speaking, OU fans pretty much suck. The big one. The high, hard, dripping, pulsating, blue-veined big one. For reals. I honestly wish I could quit it. They need an OU Anonymous. "Hi, I'm Dean, and I'm a Soonerholic..." I just wish I didn't care. I need an intervention or something.

BeaSooner
10/23/2011, 07:35 PM
Everyone needs to man up....the players, coaches, and fans.

And if you don't like that, you can suck it

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/23/2011, 09:24 PM
Nobody was there because they were all on here bitching about our team. In all seriousness, generally speaking, OU fans pretty much suck. The big one. The high, hard, dripping, pulsating, blue-veined big one. For reals. I honestly wish I could quit it. They need an OU Anonymous. "Hi, I'm Dean, and I'm a Soonerholic..." I just wish I didn't care. I need an intervention or something.Owen Field, why can't I quitchu

soonervegas
10/23/2011, 09:53 PM
Eh......tons of people bring kids to the game. I can see why a lot of people left early

btb916
10/23/2011, 09:56 PM
Was it a sellout? They never announced the attendance.

You must not have stayed the entire time. They announced the attendance in the 4th. 85k+.

And I'm just ribbing you a little about not staying...don't take it personally whether you did or didn't.

jumperstop
10/23/2011, 10:47 PM
You must not have stayed the entire time. They announced the attendance in the 4th. 85k+.

And I'm just ribbing you a little about not staying...don't take it personally whether you did or didn't.

This is the only game I've left early that I can remember since I've had OU season tickets since 95. My gf was cold and hungry, and being a complainy woman and had to go sit in the union during the second half. I kinda felt for her because I had a wedding I was in earlier that day and it had already been a terribly long weekend. I left with about 4-5 min to go and I felt like a jackass after I heard about the almost comeback, especially since I'm always preaching how I never leave a game early, but I would rather keep the lady happy because she provides the poon. I guess if I'm going to leave one game early in 15 years, make it the one we were sucking up and it being like midnight.....

70sooner
10/24/2011, 06:53 AM
More fans would probably stay if they stop scheduling all night games.

This, a thousand times, this!

I hate night games. Unfortunately, I grew up and went to school in Noman when all we ever played were 1:30 kickoffs.

One or 2 a year should be the most OU should play. This ain't the stinking SEC, damnit....

Sooners78
10/24/2011, 08:10 AM
More fans would probably stay if they stop scheduling all night games.

This, a thousand times, this!

I hate night games. Unfortunately, I grew up and went to school in Noman when all we ever played were 1:30 kickoffs.

One or 2 a year should be the most OU should play. This ain't the stinking SEC, damnit....

I do agree with this. Personally, I love the 11 am games, but that's just me. Play the game early so that I can actually get some things done on Saturday.

oudanny
10/24/2011, 08:31 AM
I stayed until the bitter end and in fact, I stayed and watched the Tech players celebrate on our field. It was like watching a train wreck. I just couldn't believe what had happened. Seeing the empty stands in the second half was disappointing, but those fans that stayed really tried to pull the team up. The student section was chanting "Sooner magic" the last couple of minutes. The truth is, the fans didn't miss a tackle or drop a pass. This loss is on the players and coaches.

5noubus
10/24/2011, 11:06 AM
I assure that the fans that left are not the fans that contribute anyway.
The stadium was plenty loud regardless of what it looked like on tv.
As I said I froze my a&& off and stayed until the end. save your beer money and come buy a ticket- they have been everywhere right before the game cheap.
It's easy to call people pansies when your sitting at your house in your recliner.

fwsooner22
10/24/2011, 11:18 AM
The chickens have come home to roost. The no re-entry rule has caused the program great embarrassment on national television. How in the world can you not let people go to their cars, restaurants, dorm rooms to weather a storm. The scene under the stands was sad, dirty and at times scarry if you are not 6 feet tall. If you don't want that scene again, get rid of the stupid no re-entry rule. It is absolutely ridiculuous. Charge me $100.00 for a ticket and tell me I can't go to my car while there is hail and rain and lightning. What choice did you have if you have your mother, kids, etc. Stop this foolishness.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/24/2011, 11:25 AM
The chickens have come home to roost. The no re-entry rule has caused the program great embarrassment on national television. How in the world can you not let people go to their cars, restaurants, dorm rooms to weather a storm. The scene under the stands was sad, dirty and at times scarry if you are not 6 feet tall. If you don't want that scene again, get rid of the stupid no re-entry rule. It is absolutely ridiculuous. Charge me $100.00 for a ticket and tell me I can't go to my car while there is hail and rain and lightning. What choice did you have if you have your mother, kids, etc. Stop this foolishness.Exactly.

hyoctane23
10/24/2011, 11:26 AM
First time I've been up to a game since I graduated in 2007...I was able to get into the student section and I was completely disappointed. I remember back in my days, it was tough to even get a seat there unless you were an hour early.

Oh, and they didn't even scan my ticket when I went back to the stadium after the rain.

prrriiide
10/24/2011, 11:30 AM
More fans would probably stay if they stop scheduling all night games. I honestly don't think we've played a day game other than texas. I think some of the fans are probably getting a little tired of it. I don't have kids or go to church, but a lot of the people who come to the games do. I know it was rain delayed but it would still be 10-11 before it was over.

Night games pay more from TV. Better get used to it.

Fraggle145
10/24/2011, 11:33 AM
Wusses, the lot of you.

I was yelling the whole 4th quarter

Why did they have to give me hope then rip my heart out?

I was too. With wet feet. I stayed, but after that first half and then the TD I was ready to leave. Team looked like it had no heart on the sidelines. I dont fault anyone for leaving. I spent an hour an a half under the stadium, and it was pretty effing cold because everything was wet, and this is the effort the team puts out there? Some people have kids, work, etc... it was like 1:30 am when I made it home. On top of that buying a ticket isnt all that cheap anymore. Face value $98.

I was not proud of our teams effort. It was painfully obvious to me that we had the better players and talent and were just playing like ****.

Anyone that didnt go to the game and is calling out everyone who left just needs to either buy a ticket or stfu in my opinion.

Fraggle145
10/24/2011, 11:38 AM
They need an OU Anonymous. "Hi, I'm Dean, and I'm a Soonerholic..." I just wish I didn't care. I need an intervention or something.

You and me both.

Soonerntxs
10/24/2011, 12:09 PM
SORRY SOONERS! We left at the half, soaked to the bone in shorts and t-shirts with a 3yr old sound asleep wrapped up in the only dry thing we had!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/24/2011, 12:10 PM
You know what...the players need to just play the game..I get irrated when I see the offense about to snap the ball and defenders are out there turning to the crowd waiving their arms to get the crowd louder...make a tackle and then waive your arms..

Nobody that left early needs to apologize for anything..

Fraggle145
10/24/2011, 01:41 PM
You know what...the players need to just play the game..I get irrated when I see the offense about to snap the ball and defenders are out there turning to the crowd waiving their arms to get the crowd louder...make a tackle and then waive your arms..

Nobody that left early needs to apologize for anything..

Exactly. Our crowd very much has a "prove it to me" attitude. When the team started to play in the 2nd half the crowd that was left responded. My voice is still cracking from yelling so much.

oudavid1
10/24/2011, 01:52 PM
OU didn't lose because fans left after the delay. Players win games. Not fans. They don't give me a free xbox for making it to a bowl game. Please, anyone who is mad at fans needs to understand football is not the most important thing to people over 25. And if it is, and your not being paid by the school whose fans you are calling out, you might want to retool your life a bit.

Just my 0.02$
Now lets go get a f***ng snack!

yankee
10/24/2011, 01:55 PM
There's a thread for this.

rock on sooner
10/24/2011, 02:47 PM
Hey, OUDavid1, don't hold back, say what you really feel!

sooner_born_1960
10/24/2011, 02:55 PM
Please, anyone who is mad at fans needs to understand football is not the most important thing to people over 25.

Bite your tongue.

Soonerntxs
10/24/2011, 02:58 PM
GOD, FAMILY, OU!

SoonerNutt
10/24/2011, 03:32 PM
I left with about 4 minutes or so left. feel free to hate me.

bonkuba
10/24/2011, 03:40 PM
The chickens have come home to roost. The no re-entry rule has caused the program great embarrassment on national television. How in the world can you not let people go to their cars, restaurants, dorm rooms to weather a storm. The scene under the stands was sad, dirty and at times scarry if you are not 6 feet tall. If you don't want that scene again, get rid of the stupid no re-entry rule. It is absolutely ridiculuous. Charge me $100.00 for a ticket and tell me I can't go to my car while there is hail and rain and lightning. What choice did you have if you have your mother, kids, etc. Stop this foolishness.

99.9% of the time you are correct on the no re-entry. However, Saturday the folks in the yellow coats made an anouncement stating that you could leave during the delay and come back in anytime after the game started....the only stipulation being that you still had your ticket.

We didn't leave due to the frickin hurricane outside........but it was a nice gesture I guess :encouragement:

bonkuba
10/24/2011, 03:42 PM
....and I had all three kids with me. 18 mos, 5 yrs and 8 yrs............we stayed and cheered as loud as we could....even in defeat my son said, with tears in his eyes, that he still wants to be a Sooner...I said me too son :courage:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/24/2011, 03:44 PM
99.9% of the time you are correct on the no re-entry. However, Saturday the folks in the yellow coats made an anouncement stating that you could leave during the delay and come back in anytime after the game started....the only stipulation being that you still had your ticket.

We didn't leave due to the frickin hurricane outside........but it was a nice gesture I guess :encouragement:They must not have made that announcement until much later. They should have offered the fieldhouse.

budbarrybob
10/24/2011, 03:56 PM
What was Fing embarrassing was watching the whole first half and the opening drive for OU and TT for the second half.

First of all it was delayed 1.5 hours and was getting late.
Second, it was cold after the rain and we weren't dressed for the cold.
Third, I left when it was 31-7 and we looked like a John Blake team. Think TA&M when they hung 51 on us - AT home.

I saw no reason for it to be anywhere near close so I left. I've had season tix for 13 years, and donate $ to the program as well. So it doesn't sit well with me to pay for the privilege to watch a game to the end when we are getting our A$$ handed to us. I didn't watch the end of the FU/OU championship game for the same reason: IT PAINS ME TO SEE US LOSE! Especially when we are playing FAR below our capapbilities. So, you see, If you don't like what you saw perhaps you should be embarrassed at yourself for judging why people would leave.
When I got home, I watched it in the dry, warm, comfort of my living room - just like you.

oudavid1
10/24/2011, 07:15 PM
Now lets go get a f***ng snack!

Hey, OUDavid1, don't hold back, say what you really feel!

I Did :D

Bite your tongue.

:beaten:

mdklatt
10/24/2011, 10:00 PM
The no re-entry rule has caused the program great embarrassment on national television. How in the world can you not let people go to their cars, restaurants, dorm rooms to weather a storm.

Where I was, stadium employees were announcing that you could leave and re-enter. Of course, unless you were pretty close to them you couldn't hear what they were saying. Why in the hell is there no PA system in the concourse area? Why can't they put useful information on the TVs down there instead of "kickoff delayed". No ****. Thanks for nothing. Hell, turn on Gary England or something so we can see what's happening. 85,000 people in a quarter mile square trying to bring up weather apps on their phones is no bueno. The other problem is that where are people supposed to go one the rain and lightning started? No way do you want to send people out into that.

Sooner Schemer
10/24/2011, 10:40 PM
I don't see any reason to call out fans for leaving after Stoops punted on a 4th and 2 near midfield with 11 minutes to go, needing two scores. After that punt and subsequent Tech touchdown, many fans had seen enough. Especially considering the late kickoff and long delay.

jumperstop
10/24/2011, 10:43 PM
What was Fing embarrassing was watching the whole first half and the opening drive for OU and TT for the second half.

First of all it was delayed 1.5 hours and was getting late.
Second, it was cold after the rain and we weren't dressed for the cold.
Third, I left when it was 31-7 and we looked like a John Blake team. Think TA&M when they hung 51 on us - AT home.

I saw no reason for it to be anywhere near close so I left. I've had season tix for 13 years, and donate $ to the program as well. So it doesn't sit well with me to pay for the privilege to watch a game to the end when we are getting our A$$ handed to us. I didn't watch the end of the FU/OU championship game for the same reason: IT PAINS ME TO SEE US LOSE! Especially when we are playing FAR below our capapbilities. So, you see, If you don't like what you saw perhaps you should be embarrassed at yourself for judging why people would leave.
When I got home, I watched it in the dry, warm, comfort of my living room - just like you.

I'm probably one of the few on here who can say I stayed that entire game.....