PDA

View Full Version : Official need a special teams coach thread

TrophyCollector
10/23/2011, 12:19 AM
One that can recruit even a half *** kicker.

agoo758
10/23/2011, 12:23 AM
You don't need a special teams coach to hit a kick from 20 yards out. What the **** are these idiots doing 5 days a week 10 hours a day during practice? Staring at their shoes??

AlboSooner
10/23/2011, 12:25 AM
We need a new DC first.

Curly Bill
10/23/2011, 12:26 AM
I'd go for a new DC as well, but the kicking situation is even more pathetic.

TrophyCollector
10/23/2011, 12:27 AM
We need a new DC first.

Ok, one that can spot a kicker from 8 feet away, Stoops can't.

King Barry's Back
10/23/2011, 12:27 AM
I don't think the special teams coach specifically recruits kickers, but yeah, I'd like to see him do a better job of preparing the kickers, either way.

AlboSooner
10/23/2011, 12:31 AM
Ok, one that can spot a kicker from 8 feet away, Stoops can't.
The stupid kicker didn't lose the game. Brent and his anemic D lost the game. We need a new DC.
Plenty of talent here. NFL type guys. Yet we get embarrassed.

flysooner9
10/23/2011, 12:37 AM
The stupid kicker didn't lose the game. Brent and his anemic D lost the game. We need a new DC.
Plenty of talent here. NFL type guys. Yet we get embarrassed.

sure the d played bad most of the game, but our kicker makes a 39 and a 28 yarder we win that game, even if he makes ONE we probably win in OT

AlboSooner
10/23/2011, 12:42 AM
sure the d played bad most of the game, but our kicker makes a 39 and a 28 yarder we win that game, even if he makes ONE we probably win in OT

I don't know how many more blowouts do we have to endure. When you make Adam James look like Randy Moss, the kicker is the least of your worries.

Plenty of talent at OU. Brent needs to be let go after this season.

PMKMDJ
10/23/2011, 12:43 AM
I can live with the first one he missed, that distance it happens. The second is pathetic...

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/23/2011, 12:43 AM
Oh sure, pick on the easy target, the kicker. Ignore the fact that I've never seen so many dropped passes in my life. Why not pick on the so-called receivers?

TrophyCollector
10/23/2011, 12:45 AM
People, can't we agree that both the D and the kicking were pathetic and cost the game? Both can be true.

MyT Oklahoma
10/23/2011, 12:47 AM
It was pretty much a total fail everywhere tonight. But I'm sure the sun will still come up in about 7 or so hours.

agoo758
10/23/2011, 12:47 AM
I concede that our problems tonight go far beyond the kicker, but all championship teams will have a bad game or two and must find ways to win, including having your kicker hit your field goals. At least we know, why Stoops did not start Hunnicut right out of the gate.

kevpks
10/23/2011, 12:50 AM
Special teams overall is not up to what it should be. We never even get close to blocking kicks. The return game is very average and the kicker problems go without saying.

soonerinstlw
10/23/2011, 12:50 AM
The recievers dropped way too many passes, the kicker can't hit the broad side of a barn, and we were missing two key guys on defense. Don't put this one all on the D. I don't think Coach V asked the corners to play elementary coverage any more than Coach H asked the recievers to drop passes.

AlboSooner
10/23/2011, 12:55 AM
I concede that our problems tonight go far beyond the kicker, but all championship teams will have a bad game or two and must find ways to win, including having your kicker hit your field goals. At least we know, why Stoops did not start Hunnicut right out of the gate.

Missouri has a field day with us as well. It's not just a bad game. It has been a nice run with BV, now time to get in someone better. We are down 10pts, and needed a stop baaaaad, and the D just allows tech to score. Brent cannot win the NC for us.

IBleedCrimson
10/23/2011, 01:04 AM
special teams did not cost us this game. the TEAM lost this game. special teams could have bailed this team out... but it isn't solely on them.

hunnicutt is 19... he will learn and grow from this experience.

soonerinstlw
10/23/2011, 01:08 AM
Yes they did. Why are we always so nice to kickers. They have one job and one job only. We rip defenses (and the coaches) when they can't stop anyone and offenses (and the coaches) when they can't move the ball. Why do we give the kickers a free pass?

IBleedCrimson
10/23/2011, 01:12 AM
Yes they did. Why are we always so nice to kickers. They have one job and one job only. We rip defenses (and the coaches) when they can't stop anyone and offenses (and the coaches) when they can't move the ball. Why do we give the kickers a free pass?

because you conveniently forget the countless dropped passes. landry's misfires. the ineffiecent red zone production. the defensive egg laid throughout the first half and early in the 3rd.

this loss was a product of every phase of the game. to put it all on one is to display a fundamental lack of knowledge about team sport

Eddie Money
10/23/2011, 02:25 AM
Better we get a wake up call now than the last game. Let's get pissed and win out!

mightysooner
10/23/2011, 02:28 AM
I'll sign on. We need a special teams coach that can actually put the right players back on kick off returns and punt returns that can actually be a factor, as well as actually trying to block a kick or punt once in a while. Stoops is a ****ty special teams coach. he never has the right guys returning kicks.

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2011, 02:29 AM
We need to downsize our OL coaching staff from two to one.
We can use that to hire a ST coach.

We do need to bring in a new DC though.

soonerinstlw
10/23/2011, 02:41 AM
because you conveniently forget the countless dropped passes. landry's misfires. the ineffiecent red zone production. the defensive egg laid throughout the first half and early in the 3rd.

this loss was a product of every phase of the game. to put it all on one is to display a fundamental lack of knowledge about team sport

Everyone gets the concept of team sport. That is such a half-assed, canned response. If the offense scores everytime with the exception of once and the defense allows a TD everytime, do you really come with that bs about it being a team sport? No. You jump on the defense (and the coordinator) for being completely inept. I would say the kicker was inept tonight. Sure the offense could score 100 pts a night and the defense should not give up a yard. Blah, blah, blah. Besides, had Landry only completed 33% of his passes, everyone on here would crucify him. Again, why do we give the kicker(s) a free pass?