PDA

View Full Version : Louisville > Missouri

PDXsooner
10/22/2011, 10:59 AM
If this thing plays out with Mizzou going SEC, I see Louisville as an upgrade. Their hoop program is far superior, their football program is capable of being the same if not better, and Louisville is a better place to visit than Columbia. So long, Missouri. You won't be missed.

CatfishSooner
10/22/2011, 11:04 AM
horse ****

soonercoop1
10/22/2011, 11:08 AM
In no way is Louisville an upgrade for Mizzou...

PDXsooner
10/22/2011, 11:20 AM
Really? Outside the last 5 or 6 years what the he'll has Missouri done in football? They are perennially below average. They're no different in football, don't kid yourselves.

soonercoop1
10/22/2011, 11:39 AM
Yes really...

PDXsooner
10/22/2011, 11:53 AM
Really not.

OUNASH
10/22/2011, 12:10 PM
Louisville lost to FIU this year and is on the way to a losing season. Mizzou is by far a better fit for the Big Xii than a school that was a memeber of the Metro Conference not less than 16 yrs ago. Mizzou is not a Conf USA school likeLouisville. Louisville has no busines in the Big XII.

cleller
10/22/2011, 12:15 PM
Louisville is just a town. Missouri is a whole state. Missouri wins.

Plus, Mizzou is a Big 8 team.

PDXsooner
10/22/2011, 12:18 PM
Listen, I'm not trying to sell Mizzou as Bama. But theyve been a below average team for most of the last 50 years. Louisville is no Bama either, but with the right coach they've shown the ability to be every bit as successful as Missouri.

OUNASH
10/22/2011, 12:22 PM
PDX,
Louisville is small fries. There really is no comparing the two programs. Louisville has had success against mid level schools. If they join the Big XII they will be bottom feeders, book it.

PDXsooner
10/22/2011, 12:26 PM
Also, the fact that they were a member of the Metro conf. Is irrelevant. So was South Carolina.

OUNASH
10/22/2011, 12:36 PM
No not really. Louisville is a mid major school and always will be. I live in this part of the country and they do not belong in an elite football Conference. We get Louisville might as well invite Houston, Tulsa, SMU. Bottom line is Oklahoma needs to get out this pice of crap conference.

PDXsooner
10/22/2011, 12:36 PM
Is this a twilight zone episode or do you guys actually believe Missouri has done something significant in football?

LiveLaughLove
10/22/2011, 12:41 PM
In all of the conference realignment stuff (which is just code for the break up of the Big XII), why can folks not understand that it is NOT about who has a good program in sports.

It is ALL about TVs. Nothing, nothing, NOTHING more. If it were about football, well, texas is our bit^&. But it's about TVs.

In that regard, Mizzou is second only to texas in what it brings to the TV contract table. St. Louis and KC metros cannot be matched anywhere else in the teams left available for the Big XII to grab.

OUNASH
10/22/2011, 12:43 PM
I understand the TV's, so what does a market like Louisvlle bring to the table. NOTHING.

OUNASH
10/22/2011, 12:44 PM
Mizzou plays big boy football, Louisville not so much. Like comparing apples to oranges.

PDXsooner
10/22/2011, 01:57 PM
I'm not talking about the money. That's the conferences job to worry about. How much of that money are you going to see. As a fan I'm more interested in the quality of play. It's also about football, by I'm a basketball fan and seeing Louisville come into Norman would be fun.

PDXsooner
10/22/2011, 04:02 PM
In summary: Maybe I am over-valuing Louisville. I think you guys are over-valuing Missouri. We can agree to disagree.

However, one thing I think we can agree on: Missouri will get curb-stomped weekly in the SEC.

silverwheels
10/22/2011, 04:09 PM
Mizzou plays big boy football

Barely. Louisville has made it to and won a BCS bowl in the past decade.

OU_Sooners75
10/22/2011, 04:44 PM
In no way is Louisville an upgrade for Mizzou...

The only thing Missouri has over Louisville is their AAU status.

Louisville has a lot better basketball program. And they about even in the football department.

OU_Sooners75
10/22/2011, 04:47 PM
Mizzou plays big boy football, Louisville not so much. Like comparing apples to oranges.

Does that include ZERO BCS bowl appearances and wins for Missouri?

Missouri greatly benefited by playing in the North Division in the Big 12. If you look at their record in the Big 12, they are greatly overrated as a football program because their wins came when Colorado and Nebraska forgot what football was. The majority of their wins are against the bottom feeders of the conference, with just a few over the big dogs of the conference.

Louisville on the other hand has been to a BCS Bowl and won a BCS Bowl game.

OU_Sooners75
10/22/2011, 04:54 PM
In all of the conference realignment stuff (which is just code for the break up of the Big XII), why can folks not understand that it is NOT about who has a good program in sports.

It is ALL about TVs. Nothing, nothing, NOTHING more. If it were about football, well, texas is our bit^&. But it's about TVs.

In that regard, Mizzou is second only to texas in what it brings to the TV contract table. St. Louis and KC metros cannot be matched anywhere else in the teams left available for the Big XII to grab.

The KC market is split between KU, KSU, and Missouri. Missouri may have slightly more in TV sets in KC, but not by much.
Missouri also shares the St. Louis market with Illinois. Though they do dominate that market.

PDXsooner
10/22/2011, 05:15 PM
I forgot Louisville won the 2006 Orange Bowl. Mizzou has never gone to a BCS bowl.

8timechamps
10/22/2011, 05:19 PM

It is ALL about money. Nothing, nothing, NOTHING more. If it were about football, well, texas is our bit^&. But it's about TVs.

FIFY

8timechamps
10/22/2011, 05:23 PM
If we're just talking football, I tend to think Louisville is about even in terms of replacement value (on the field performance only). Basketball would be an upgrade. If we're talking about whether or not the total exchange would be an upgrade, I'd say no...not even really close. Other than the conference getting a foot into SEC territory, I think losing Mizzou is a bigger blow than gaining Louisville could soften.

With that being said, I'm tired of Missou talking...just leave already. It's clear we (and Texas) aren't going anywhere, so I just want them to replace Mizzou with the best available school and get on with it. I think the addition of Louisville and/or West Virginia would be better than SMU or Houston.

OUNASH
10/22/2011, 05:25 PM
I agree we will agree to disagree,although, Basketball would be an upgrade. I dont think you have seen Louisville play Football over the last 4 years. You would think I would want them, as seeing Im am less than an hour from Louisville and could at least see OU play every other year. I just dont see them being of any value.

soonercoop1
10/22/2011, 05:40 PM
No not really. Louisville is a mid major school and always will be. I live in this part of the country and they do not belong in an elite football Conference. We get Louisville might as well invite Houston, Tulsa, SMU. Bottom line is Oklahoma needs to get out of this piece of crap conference.

^This!