PDA

View Full Version : Fleming hurt?

oumartin
10/21/2011, 02:24 PM
According my source Mark Rodgers.

colleyvillesooner
10/21/2011, 02:28 PM
Out 1-2 weeks

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2011/10/21/breaking-fleming-to-miss-1-2-weeks-after-minor-knee-surgery/

By TRAVIS HANEY

NORMAN – Oklahoma starting cornerback Jamell Fleming is expected to miss Saturday’s game against Texas Tech, and possibly more time, after having minor knee surgery this week, multiple sources said Friday afternoon.

The third-ranked Sooners (6-0) will face the pass-happy Red Raiders (4-2) without Fleming, and the senior could also be sidelined for next week’s game at resurgent Kansas State (6-0) due to what is being described by sources as an arthroscopic procedure.

Sophomore Gabe Lynn is expected to start in Fleming’s absence. Lynn has already appeared in 13 games, starting one this season in a defensive back-heavy package against Missouri. Safety Aaron Colvin also spent most of last season at corner, if more depth is needed.

JLEW1818
10/21/2011, 02:29 PM
hope he is ready for Poke State.

oumartin
10/21/2011, 02:29 PM
ah, thanks!

StoopTroup
10/21/2011, 02:39 PM
OH MY GAWD.....THIS SEASON IS OVER!

3rdgensooner
10/21/2011, 03:20 PM
I hate to hear this. I hope he heals up quickly.

The Maestro
10/21/2011, 03:42 PM
I don't want to get worked up about it, but our last title was in 2000...and this time has not been fortunate enough to be as healthy as that team was. Hope it doesn't bite us in the ***.

Lott's Bandana
10/21/2011, 03:44 PM
I don't want to get worked up about it, but our last title was in 2000...and this time has not been fortunate enough to be as healthy as that team was. Hope it doesn't bite us in the ***.

Knee.

It bit us in the knee.

cccasooner2
10/21/2011, 03:46 PM
I hope Colvin moves to corner and Hayes takes SS. I'm not in the mood for Lynn chasing guys into the endzone. :(

oumartin
10/21/2011, 03:48 PM
I hope Colvin moves to corner and Hayes takes SS. I'm not in the mood for Lynn chasing guys into the endzone. :(

Go ahead and give Brent and Willie a call

Mad Dog Madsen
10/21/2011, 03:51 PM
Geez he could be back as early as next week. Why are yall acting like it's a torn ACL?

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2011, 03:53 PM

You want them to score without someone even chasing them?

cccasooner2
10/21/2011, 03:57 PM
You want them to score without someone even chasing them?

:D I want a real cornerback.

sooner KB
10/21/2011, 04:14 PM
Why are yall acting like it's a torn ACL?

Who is acting like that?

Mad Dog Madsen
10/21/2011, 04:50 PM
Who is acting like that?

No one. I said that for no reason. True story...

VA Sooner
10/21/2011, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure what to make of this thread.

But it was damned entertaining.

yankee
10/22/2011, 02:46 AM
*obligatory comment about Flemming not being as good a player as Hurst and it won't hurt us that much. *

IronHorseSooner
10/22/2011, 07:28 AM
Look at my avatar...that being said, Flemming didn't look like himself against KU. I am more concerned about him being out this week than next week. Tech will throw the ball around, but it is at home, Tech has a horrible defense, and Gabe Lynn is a really good DB. With K-State, I am less concerned because their only passing game is Klein throwing wounded ducks to their 6'8" TE. We should be fine, and, it gets more experience for Lynn.

JLEW1818
10/22/2011, 08:50 AM
FIRE VENABLES!!!!!!!

VA Sooner
10/22/2011, 04:03 PM
I want Gabe to get more reps in this game.... good for the young man from Jenks. He's talented... just needs more experience. We'll need Fleming later in the season... we need Habern back sooner to help open the gaps for the run game.

LakeRat
10/22/2011, 11:05 PM
This has been huge this game.

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2011, 12:40 AM
Yep. Key loss and they exploited it.

VA Sooner
10/23/2011, 12:43 AM
Yep.... knew we were weak in the middle without Wort and on the corner with Fleming out. Feel for Gabe Lynn... good kid... just couldn't cover well tonight.

tulsaoilerfan
10/23/2011, 01:00 AM
Yep.... knew we were weak in the middle without Wort and on the corner with Fleming out. Feel for Gabe Lynn... good kid... just couldn't cover well tonight.

In all fairness to Lynn there isn't a corner alive that can cover a receiver for the whole game when the QB is not being pressured

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2011, 01:43 AM
True, but a better corner knows to turn around on the fade and knock it down. Again, he's not the reason we lost, just can't help but think Fleming would have made a difference. That is all.

soonercastor
10/23/2011, 01:47 AM
OH MY GAWD.....THIS SEASON IS OVER!

Nice jinx man

jumperstop
10/23/2011, 01:50 AM
True, but a better corner knows to turn around on the fade and knock it down. Again, he's not the reason we lost, just can't help but think Fleming would have made a difference. That is all.

Like two in the endzone....why would you not even turn around? Not the only reason though, we sucked it up all around.

Tear Down This Wall
10/23/2011, 02:21 PM
I don't know about Fleming, but Wort and Walker were originally hurt late in the Texas blowout. Which is fine. What is important isn't the health of starting players or development of their backups. What is important is keeping starters in as long as possible no matter what the score is.

You look back and think of all the time Barry Switzer wasted on taking starters out at halftime in blowouts. What an idiot Switzer was.

A couple of years ago, Nick Saban pulled his starters against North Texas when Alabama was only up 37-0 with 13 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. The idiot probably cost Greg McElroy the Heisman by not letting him throw meaningless touchdowns against an obviously beaten foe.

Crazier than that, Saban's Tide went undefeated and won the national title that year without suffering injuries to starters. So stupid. How can Saban even look his players in the eyes knowing he's thinking about keeping them healthy and competing for national titles instead of letting them run up big numbers to win individual post-season awards? He'll never keep Alabama competitive with that mindset.

In the end, it doesn't matter that we lost to a mediocre Tech team at home anyway. Poll voters will ignore our loss and just remember the Texas game. Poll voters will take into account that we were missing three defensive starters and won't count it against us. They know stats and margin of victory are more important than won-loss records.

cccasooner2
10/23/2011, 02:57 PM
Go ahead and give Brent and Willie a call

I did, but they laughed and hung up.