PDA

View Full Version : Do we want LSU and 'bama to lose?

BigTip
10/21/2011, 01:20 PM
If we hopefully win out (see how I don't assume anything to screw up the karma?), who do we really want to play?

I ask because every week I look at the various games around the country trying to decide who I want to win. My first concern is to insure that we are in, as we need to be #1 or #2 of course. So I want some of these other undefeateds to get knock off so that there is no doubt or controversy.

But do we really want to play one of these two, or would it be better for both of them to get knocked out (even prior to when they play each other), and us end up playing Wisky or the smurfs or even Clemson (like that's going to happen!)

So don't lecture me on looking too far ahead. I am looking at this weekend. Do I want these accursed SEuCk teams to lose this week, or do we want one of them pure and unspoiled so that we (hopefully) are the ones to deflower them?

PLaw
10/21/2011, 01:24 PM
I don't really care what LSU and Bama do - as long as OU keeps winning.

BOOMER

LVSOONER15
10/21/2011, 01:28 PM
I don't really care what LSU and Bama do - as long as OU keeps winning.

BOOMER

This. We need to win, everything else will fall into place.

Frozen Sooner
10/21/2011, 01:33 PM
I would really like to see both of them lose, just to see everyone around here fume at how unfair it is that one loss Alabama and LSU don't play each other for the national title.

bmjlr
10/21/2011, 01:36 PM
I would really like to see both of them lose, just to see everyone around here fume at how unfair it is that one loss Alabama and LSU don't play each other for the national title.

^^^^THIS

rdusooner
10/21/2011, 01:44 PM
I want everyone to lose, except us. EVERYONE

rainiersooner
10/21/2011, 01:47 PM
I always think it's funny when fans say "don't look ahead", "focus on winning this game" - particularly fans posting on a message board. People! We don't play the game...if you can't speculate and theorize on a message board, what is the point!!? So personally, yes, I hope they lose. I want to play Boise St. in New Orleans.

I hope Landry doesn't read my postings though, lest he overlook Tech.

NMSooner'80
10/21/2011, 01:48 PM
I want LSU to lose, and lose big, at every possible opportunity.

Cajun
10/21/2011, 01:51 PM
LoSUr loses this weekend

Boomer.....
10/21/2011, 01:51 PM
LSU. Nobody should have to endure what we had to in Nawlins.

3rdgensooner
10/21/2011, 01:52 PM
LSU can lose big and lose often

thecrimsoncrusader
10/21/2011, 01:54 PM
LSU won't be a problem, they go down against Alabama. They don't have a single legit play-maker on offense and Jarrett Lee will be exposed for the crappy QB that he is for finally playing a defense that doesn't fall into the average at best category this season and playing a great Alabama defense. LSU is the most overrated regular season team in history through 6 games.

badger
10/21/2011, 01:57 PM
I want to win a national championship. I don't care who we have to beat to get it. Put us up against Boise for all I care.

cccasooner2
10/21/2011, 01:59 PM
............. People! We don't play the game....

Darnit, you mean the game face I put on each week is wasted? Bummer.

olevetonahill
10/21/2011, 01:59 PM
Other than to Make all the talkin heads STFU about how great the SEC is and there should be a rematch for the MNC between em . I dont GAF what they do,
Ima enjoy the rest of OUs season, then watch that other stuff

Cantstandya
10/21/2011, 02:04 PM
I would like to see us play and hopefully beat one of these two teams for the Title... The SEC run has gone on for too long and besides, we're due for MCN damn it!

SCSoonerfan
10/21/2011, 02:07 PM
If the championship was anywhere but New Orleans, I would love to see us match up with either one. Considering the type of atmosphere was there the last time, I would rather face Bama.

ouwasp
10/21/2011, 02:24 PM
LSU? sure, they need to lose....because I don't like them. Don't care about Bama losing. I like them okay.

swardboy
10/21/2011, 02:53 PM
You just know if we don't play one of the two that "they" are gonna say OU backed into the MNC, IF we should be in the game.

And oh how I want to shove it down LSU's throat...with a healthy QB and Whaley ripping it up and OUr receivers running wild.

dennis580
10/21/2011, 03:16 PM
If we hopefully win out (see how I don't assume anything to screw up the karma?), who do we really want to play?

I ask because every week I look at the various games around the country trying to decide who I want to win. My first concern is to insure that we are in, as we need to be #1 or #2 of course. So I want some of these other undefeateds to get knock off so that there is no doubt or controversy.

But do we really want to play one of these two, or would it be better for both of them to get knocked out (even prior to when they play each other), and us end up playing Wisky or the smurfs or even Clemson (like that's going to happen!)

So don't lecture me on looking too far ahead. I am looking at this weekend. Do I want these accursed SEuCk teams to lose this week, or do we want one of them pure and unspoiled so that we (hopefully) are the ones to deflower them?

At this point I want all the top teams to lose; in case we lose, and need to get in with 1 loss. Remember several years ago when everybody lossed like crazy at the end of the season, and LSU got in with 2 losses. So yea I am always for all the top teams to lose to improve OU's chances to get into the NC game.

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2011, 03:57 PM
You just know if we don't play one of the two that "they" are gonna say OU backed into the MNC, IF we should be in the game.

And if that should come to pass, I would tell "they" to come visit the crystal ball in our trophy case anytime.

BigTip
10/21/2011, 05:33 PM

Just imagine if the smurfs are OU's opponent. "They" might not even broadcast the "insignificant" game at all!

85sooners
10/21/2011, 06:00 PM
:upset:

yermom
10/21/2011, 06:30 PM
If we are going to win LSU or Alabama would be awesome. Gotta get there first though.

soonerman4life
10/21/2011, 07:00 PM
In my perfect little fantasy world lsu and bama both lose at least 2 games each. This puts the sec hype in the toilet where it belongs. I'd also love to play the smurfs, I still haven't let go of the Fiesta bowl.

jkjsooner
10/21/2011, 07:05 PM
In my perfect little fantasy world lsu and bama both lose at least 2 games each. This puts the sec hype in the toilet where it belongs. I'd also love to play the smurfs, I still haven't let go of the Fiesta bowl.

Only if they lost OOC. Otherwise they'd just say the superior SEC competition did them in.

StoopTroup
10/21/2011, 07:22 PM
LSU = Lehigh State U ?

Bama = Birmingham Alabama Mechanic Association?

8timechamps
10/21/2011, 07:35 PM

I think one of them will lose two. If I could pick, I'd want LSU to lose two...but I'll be happy with either.

We know one of them will have a loss, but I think there is a good chance LSU gets tripped up along the way to another team.

Wouldn't it be funny if the winner of the LSU/Bama game lost the SEC championship game?!

SoonerMarkVA
10/21/2011, 07:38 PM
LSU needs to be OUT of the discussion. I'll take anyone else and a fair shot over LSU and their inbred fans in New Orleans again.

8timechamps
10/21/2011, 07:41 PM
LSU is still a three touchdown favorite over Auburn.

I realize Auburn is not that good, but from what I can tell, they are a better team than the one that started the year...AND...LSU lost two starters. So, either:

1. LSU is really that good, and will still roll Auburn.
2. Auburn is really that bad, and will still get rolled by LSU
3. The SEC-fever has spread to Vegas.

Okie35
10/21/2011, 07:44 PM
Haha, I don't care who we play or if LSU or Bama loses. Hell, they can end in a tie if it was possible.

Okie35
10/21/2011, 07:45 PM
LSU is still a three touchdown favorite over Auburn.

I realize Auburn is not that good, but from what I can tell, they are a better team than the one that started the year...AND...LSU lost two starters. So, either:

1. LSU is really that good, and will still roll Auburn.
2. Auburn is really that bad, and will still get rolled by LSU
3. The SEC-fever has spread to Vegas.

Its only that crazy because its at LSU. Auburn will still give them hell at least at first.

soonerman4life
10/21/2011, 08:11 PM
I think one of them will lose two. If I could pick, I'd want LSU to lose two...but I'll be happy with either.

We know one of them will have a loss, but I think there is a good chance LSU gets tripped up along the way to another team.

Wouldn't it be funny if the winner of the LSU/Bama game lost the SEC championship game?!

That scenario would just be too good, too rich, and too epic to be imagined. You've made me giddy 8TC. Woo Pig Sooie, Go Hogs!!

StoopTroup
10/21/2011, 09:09 PM
I want Mizzou to play one of them to the death.

Okie35
10/21/2011, 09:38 PM
And if that should come to pass, I would tell "they" to come visit the crystal ball in our trophy case anytime.

Exactly, who cares about "them", "they", or whoever.

LiveLaughLove
10/22/2011, 12:34 AM
I would like to see us play and hopefully beat one of these two teams for the Title... The SEC run has gone on for too long and besides, we're due for MCN damn it!

There's a 50% chance each year that if an SEC team makes it to the NC game that they will be playing a virtual home game. At the highest level, that matters.

Imagine if OU had gotten to play LSU or Florida in Norman instead of NO and Miami. Or even in Dallas instead. Think at least one of those outcomes would have been different?

Not crying about it, but saying part of the SEC championship dominance is based on where they get to play for it.

CrimsonRez
10/22/2011, 12:39 AM
I want to play Ball State again.... for the MNC

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/22/2011, 02:28 AM
I would really like to see both of them lose, just to see everyone around here fume at how unfair it is that one loss Alabama and LSU don't play each other for the national title.kudos, Froze! you made a good post, there!

10/22/2011, 02:30 AM
I always think it's funny when fans say "don't look ahead", "focus on winning this game" - particularly fans posting on a message board. People! We don't play the game...if you can't speculate and theorize on a message board, what is the point!!? So personally, yes, I hope they lose. I want to play Boise St. in New Orleans.

I hope Landry doesn't read my postings though, lest he overlook Tech.Wow! Agreement, here!

10/22/2011, 02:32 AM
At this point I want all the top teams to lose; in case we lose, and need to get in with 1 loss. Remember several years ago when everybody lossed like crazy at the end of the season, and LSU got in with 2 losses. So yea I am always for all the top teams to lose to improve OU's chances to get into the NC game.Most logical post award!

Okie35
10/22/2011, 04:13 AM

That would be hilarious. Ive thought about that before too. Even so somehow they'd find a way to try to argue an SEC team in the MNC or they'd get an undeserved at large in a BCS game along with a Sugar Bowl team.

3rdgensooner
10/22/2011, 08:33 AM
There's a 50% chance each year that if an SEC team makes it to the NC game that they will be playing a virtual home game. At the highest level, that matters.

Imagine if OU had gotten to play LSU or Florida in Norman instead of NO and Miami. Or even in Dallas instead. Think at least one of those outcomes would have been different?

Not crying about it, but saying part of the SEC championship dominance is based on where they get to play for it.

This is such an important point.

I'd rather see them rotate the BCS games through pro stadiums across the country. Let the SEC teams play in Ohio or New England and see how they do.

SoonerSpock
10/22/2011, 08:39 AM
I think if OU wins out LSU would be easier to defeat than the Tide would be. Offensively I think the Tides running game is far superior to the tigers and their young QB is developing into a legitimate DI QB. I also think the Tide defense is better than LSU's.

That being said I think there would be great interest on the part of Stoops in playing Alabama. Were OU to beat the Tide for the BCS championship that would give Bob 2 championships plus 3 other BCS championship games in 12 seasons.

This record would would place Bob at the top of the heap as the best coach in college football with more success than Nick Saban. Bob is very much aware of this opportunity and would welcome this opportunity to elevate the Sooner program. I too would like to see this occur.

Additionally playing Alabama in New Orleans would make for immense fun for the fans of both schools. As we all learned when the Tide came to Norman in 2002 and we traveled to Tuscaloosa in 2003 their fans are class fans with great respect for the traditions of the great football schools. This attitude along with that of the Sooners would afford both schools' fans the opportunity to party together both before and after the game in a mutually enjoyable manner.

Playing LSU means again being exposed to the most disrespectful fans in all of college football. Personally I do not want to expose the Oklahoma women and children to those heathens again. I would also love for their fans to have to watch OU and Alabama, two programs they hate, play for it all in their backyard. Rubbing salt in their eyes would be fun.

10/22/2011, 01:49 PM
"Playing LSU means again being exposed to the most disrespectful fans in all of college football. Personally I do not want to expose the Oklahoma women and children to those heathens again. I would also love for their fans to have to watch OU and Alabama, two programs they hate, play for it all in their backyard. Rubbing salt in their eyes would be fun." -SoonerSpock

This should be a sig for somebody!

mightysooner
10/22/2011, 06:09 PM
Only good team Bama has played is Arkansas and they aren't world beaters by any stretch of the imagination. SEC is a two team conference this year.