PDA

View Full Version : Senate Votes Down Obama's Jobs Bill.... Again

sappstuf
10/21/2011, 12:06 PM
Those darn Repubs.. Always standing in the way of progress.

Last night, the Senate voted 50-50 to not end debate on a portion of Obama’s plan that would have given billions to states for government employee compensation. Every Republican, two Democrats, and Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., voted against Obama’s bill. In addition to the two Democrats who voted not to end debate, Sens. Ben Nelson, D-Neb., and Mark Pryor, D-Ark., two other Democrats Sens., Joe Manchin, D-W.V., and Jon Tester, D-Mont., both said they objected to the bill and would have voted no on final passage. That means a clear bipartisan majority of the Senate firmly rejects Obama’s spending agenda.

Once again Obama has built consensus.... And once again it is a consensus against his policies.. It seems like he is batting a thousand in this regard over the past year.

It has to be hard when you announce your job's bill at a speech, and literally, one person claps.. Then after begging he gets maybe 50% of the crowd to clap.

u68Tugs0_ro&

Sad.

badger
10/21/2011, 12:13 PM
I still think that if they tried to do this jobs bill instead of the Obamacare bill they would have gotten it through. Obama had more support for Dems then, and probably would have had more respect for getting something through that a majority of voters would have said they wanted.

Instead, the unpopular legislation got a lot of Dems ousted in the midterm midtacular and now the Dems are looking out for themselves (read: they want to get re-elected in their home states) instead of Obama's interests.

After forcing Obamacare down our throats, he's lost many Democrats in battleground states, as this vote shows... the Dems were from Alabama, West Virginia, Montana, Nebraska and Arkansas, all states where a Democrat could easily lose if they're seen as leaning too much with unpopular (by poll numbers) Obama.

Voting against an Obama proposal to get re-elected... my how "Hope" has changed.

sappstuf
10/21/2011, 04:47 PM
I still think that if they tried to do this jobs bill instead of the Obamacare bill they would have gotten it through. Obama had more support for Dems then, and probably would have had more respect for getting something through that a majority of voters would have said they wanted.

Instead, the unpopular legislation got a lot of Dems ousted in the midterm midtacular and now the Dems are looking out for themselves (read: they want to get re-elected in their home states) instead of Obama's interests.

After forcing Obamacare down our throats, he's lost many Democrats in battleground states, as this vote shows... the Dems were from Alabama, West Virginia, Montana, Nebraska and Arkansas, all states where a Democrat could easily lose if they're seen as leaning too much with unpopular (by poll numbers) Obama.

Voting against an Obama proposal to get re-elected... my how "Hope" has changed.

They passed this bill's bigger brother, the Stimulus bill.. Nobody believes this bill will do the things the Obama administration believes it will do.. Such as keeping rapes from happening...

If I was in the Senate, I would just put this chart up and stand there pointing at it until my time was finished.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/ezra-klein/StandingArt/bernteinromerupdated.jpg?uuid=w_F1vvKHEeC4Lb8lBMZ5 GQ

diverdog
10/21/2011, 07:43 PM
They passed this bill's bigger brother, the Stimulus bill.. Nobody believes this bill will do the things the Obama administration believes it will do.. Such as keeping rapes from happening...

If I was in the Senate, I would just put this chart up and stand there pointing at it until my time was finished.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/ezra-klein/StandingArt/bernteinromerupdated.jpg?uuid=w_F1vvKHEeC4Lb8lBMZ5 GQ

There are a lot of problems with that chart that no one saw. For instance almost 1% of the joblessness is from government workers being laid off...primarily in red states. They also had no idea that Europe was in such bad shape.

marfacowboy
10/21/2011, 08:08 PM
Yawn. This is so completely boring and predictable. All of these people are hedging their bets on what they think will give them the best chance to get reelected. Very few of them are, in my opinion, trying to do the right thing for people. It's all about "me, me, me."
They're a shameful, laughable, bunch of self-absorbed fools, and the final denouement of the whole sordid drama is nothing but abject failure. They make me sick to my stomach.