PDA

View Full Version : bad news for Kevin Wilson

EatLeadCommie
10/21/2011, 11:55 AM
Gunner Kiel has reopened his recruitment.

http://eye-on-recruiting.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26895818/32844270

In news that was shocking only with regards to its timing, five-star quarterback Gunner Kiel has decommitted from Indiana and reopened his recruitment.

“I’m just reevaluating my decision and plan on taking some future visits to other colleges,” Kiel told 247Sports on Friday morning.

Ranked as the top quarterback in the class of 2012 and number two overall in the country by Maxpreps, Kiel committed to the Hoosiers in late July over national powers such as Alabama, Oklahoma, Michigan and USC. The 6-foot-4, 215-pounder told new Indiana head coach Kevin Wilson Thursday night according to the report, two days after he was officially selected for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

Kiel's brother, Dusty, is a sophomore at Indiana and his uncle, Blair, played at Notre Dame. In addition to taking several official visits, the aptly-named Gunner will take an unofficial visit to see the Irish play USC on Saturday.

After selecting Indiana, both of Kiel's other finalists, Oklahoma and Alabama, added commitments from quarterbacks. His Columbus East team will play Shelbyville in the opening round of the Indiana state playoffs on Friday night.

badger
10/21/2011, 12:18 PM
I hate this for KW, because he really, really needs help in Indiana, but at the same time, Gunner was getting pursued by OU, so I have to stick with my Sooners before my ex-Sooners :)

Just because we signed (or got committments from) a different QB doesn't mean we won't go after Gunner still... though I wouldn't blame him for trying to go to a school without a QB commit for his class first.

The Maestro
10/21/2011, 12:21 PM
Maybe he didn't want to be the next Tim Couch or Chris Redman.

jk the sooner fan
10/21/2011, 12:23 PM
i'm betting notre dame benefits from this

badger
10/21/2011, 12:35 PM
Maybe he didn't want to be the next Tim Couch or Chris Redman.

Hehe, Tim Couch. Dude probably made lots of money doing nothing as the new Brown's #1 pick. As for his college career, Mike Leach gave him an awesome offense at Kentucky his last year if I'm not mistaken.

As for Redman... who? :D

EatLeadCommie
10/21/2011, 12:49 PM
i'm betting notre dame benefits from this
That's what I'm thinking too.

OUVarsityXV
10/21/2011, 01:17 PM
Knight has been impressive and his brother too. If we got Kiel we would have to give up two recruits.

Cantstandya
10/21/2011, 01:46 PM
I saw Kiel on the Elite 11 quarterback camp show before the season started and wasn't impressed by him compared to the other QB s at the camp

cccasooner2
10/21/2011, 01:52 PM
If he goes Irish, he can look forward to a beatdown the next two years.

Soonerjeepman
10/21/2011, 01:59 PM
with Bell as the heir apparent..doubt he heads this way...not even sure Stoops would go after him...because of Wilson..since we have Bell already.

really was hoping we'd handle ku early and get to see him....the one game (Ball St) and both of their SHORT times I was more impressed with Bell...but I don't know #%&...

badger
10/21/2011, 02:05 PM
Bell really is a dual threat guy while Drew Allen seems to be more of a pocket passer. Not a knock on either of them. The future is bright at QB, even when Landry decides to leave.

LiveLaughLove
10/21/2011, 02:27 PM
I'm bettin' Mack is phoning him non-stop to go to baby crap orange U. All he has to do is look at the competition there and know he is a shoe-in to be the starter quickly.

brainpimp
10/22/2011, 09:07 AM
with Bell as the heir apparent..doubt he heads this way...not even sure Stoops would go after him...because of Wilson..since we have Bell already.

really was hoping we'd handle ku early and get to see him....the one game (Ball St) and both of their SHORT times I was more impressed with Bell...but I don't know #%&...

Bell is not the threat. They would be 2 years apart.

cleller
10/22/2011, 12:13 PM
I'm bettin' Mack is phoning him non-stop to go to baby crap orange U. All he has to do is look at the competition there and know he is a shoe-in to be the starter quickly.

That's a scary, but smart thought.

SoonerLB
10/22/2011, 03:25 PM
If the kid ever hopes to win a NC, then he better be thinkin' OU, even if he has to beg Bob to get here! ;)
I'm guessin' that ND (or thier boosters) gave him a pretty good offer of incentives to bring about this sudden change of events, just sayin' . . .

VA Sooner
10/22/2011, 03:54 PM
He's wise to go somewhere though. Indiana is going nowhere fast and not much he can do there to change that if he doesn't have a good o-line and quality receivers.