PDA

View Full Version : Leach to UCLA.

agoo758
10/20/2011, 11:13 PM
Please! The Bears might not even wait until tomorrow to fire Mr Rickey.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/20/2011, 11:22 PM
haha. if the UofA can fire mid-season, why not UCLA? What's Leach doing now, anyway? Maybe he can hire Mike Stoops as DC...

TrophyCollector
10/20/2011, 11:38 PM
It will be a better place to park his pirate ship.

soonergirlNeugene
10/20/2011, 11:42 PM
That actually wouldn't be a bad spot for him. I really miss that guy.

47straight
10/20/2011, 11:58 PM
Leach to anywhere would be good news.

rdusooner
10/21/2011, 06:55 AM
haha. if the UofA can fire mid-season, why not UCLA? What's Leach doing now, anyway? Maybe he can hire Mike Stoops as DC...

Leach hosts a college football radio show on XM, and tours around for book signings.

AlbqSooner
10/21/2011, 06:58 AM
When he is not on the road, Leach rides his bike down to Captain Tony's to watch Sportscenter.

C&CDean
10/21/2011, 07:11 AM
You know you really shouldn't post threads with such definitive titles if you're only wishing/hoping/speculating/masturbating/etc.

A better title would have been "Leach a good fit at UCLA?" or "Wouldn't it be bitchen if Leach went to UCLA?" Just sayin.

cleller
10/21/2011, 07:53 AM
Mike Leach. Pirate At Large. Why risk the legend for a grimy town like that? He can fade away in Key West and always have his mystique.

ouflak
10/21/2011, 08:13 AM
Looks like UCLA is a no-go... atleast for this year. Rick just fired his Defensive Coordinator and the UCLA AD just came out in support of Neuheisel.

jumperstop
10/21/2011, 09:06 AM
Looks like UCLA is a no-go... atleast for this year. Rick just fired his Defensive Coordinator and the UCLA AD just came out in support of Neuheisel.

The ole Mack Brown tactic. Throw your coordinators under the bus to get yourself an extra year or two....

badger
10/21/2011, 09:11 AM
Truth: Every melting down fanbase in America has mentioned Mike Leach when they talk about how much they hate their current coach and losing. It has sprung one-liners like "Even if we lose, it'll be fun to watch at least."

Leach is gonna have a job reaaaaaal soon. The fans want him and if the fans (and lots of losing) can get Tebow off the bench, Leach won't be outta work for long.

delhalew
10/21/2011, 09:11 AM
Mike Leach. Pirate At Large. Why risk the legend for a grimy town like that? He can fade away in Key West and always have his mystique.

Not gonna happen. He wants back in, BADLY.

And yeah, a simple "?" at the end of the title would be nice.

jkjsooner
10/21/2011, 09:36 AM
Leach hosts a college football radio show on XM, and tours around for book signings.

I'd hate to see College Sports Nation lose Leach. We'd probably end up suffering through even more Paul Finebaum. (If I wanted to listen to crap like that I'd just tune into Jerry Springer.)

Don't get why a national college sports station has a guy talking Alabama/Auburn for four hours every day...

delhalew
10/21/2011, 09:41 AM
I'd hate to see College Sports Nation lose Leach. We'd probably end up suffering through even more Paul Finebaum. (If I wanted to listen to crap like that I'd just tune into Jerry Springer.)

Don't get why a national college sports station has a guy talking Alabama/Auburn for four hours every day...

I can't even express to you how much I have a problem with that redneck circus being given a national platform on a station that I rely on for my sanity.

rdusooner
10/21/2011, 10:05 AM

I can't even express to you how much I have a problem with that redneck circus being given a national platform on a station that I rely on for my sanity.

Oh man, these. I enjoy College Sports Nation with Leach, but if I don't flip the station as soon as they sign off, before Finebaum gets on, I question driving off an overpass to make the SEC bias stop. I heard an Oklahoma fan call in once and state his case for the RRR being the best rivalry game in college football, and Finebaum went on to have his listeners send in stats and berate the guy the rest of the show for not thinking Auburn/Alabama was the best... based solely on last years tv ratings. They really buried him on a personal level, just an awful show.

jkjsooner
10/21/2011, 10:09 AM
Oh man, these. I enjoy College Sports Nation with Leach, but if I don't flip the station as soon as they sign off, before Finebaum gets on, I question driving off an overpass to make the SEC bias stop. I heard an Oklahoma fan call in once and state his case for the RRR being the best rivalry game in college football, and Finebaum went on to have his listeners send in stats and berate the guy the rest of the show for not thinking Auburn/Alabama was the best... based solely on last years tv ratings. They really buried him on a personal level, just an awful show.

I heard some of that. It was crazy that he used a year where Texas already had two losses before the RRR compared to a year where Auburn was having a miracle season and Bama was just off a national championship. It was a total apples and oranges comparison. Let's compare an early 2000's OU/TX vs Alabama/Auburn.

delhalew
10/21/2011, 10:15 AM
I heard some of that. It was crazy that he used a year where Texas already had two losses before the RRR compared to a year where Auburn was having a miracle season and Bama was just off a national championship. It was a total apples and oranges comparison. Let's compare an early 2000's OU/TX vs Alabama/Auburn.

That show doesn't deal with reality. So sub par. The funny thing is when PF ventures out and interviews a head coach, he did a good one with Stoops a year ago, he does well. Unfortunately, waiting for an interview like that is like hunting for Sasquatch.

rdusooner
10/21/2011, 10:19 AM
That show doesn't deal with reality. So sub par. The funny thing is when PF ventures out and interviews a head coach, he did a good one with Stoops a year ago, he does well. Unfortunately, waiting for an interview like that is like hunting for Sasquatch.

At least Sasquatch, when found, is entertaining because of the funny things he does when near "Jack Links Beef Jerky". Finebaum is just a tool.

prrriiide
10/21/2011, 12:37 PM
When he is not on the road, Leach rides his bike down to Captain Tony's to watch Sportscenter.

Last time I was @ the Captain's there weren't any TVs. Captain Tony's is all about the booze. Irish Kevin's, maybe.

badger
10/21/2011, 12:53 PM
You all gotta see the meltdown thread's latest entry that I did an hour ago. I peeked at a UCLA board this morning and basically they all look like got trashed, stoned or just crazy last night --- posting incoherent jibberish in ALL CAPS repeatedly. It was hilarious. Might be comparable to some of the stuff whorns posted after losing to us :D

Link (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?160336-Meltdowns-around-college-football/page14)

ashley
10/21/2011, 01:23 PM
The UCLA gives it's head coach almost not chance to win. Also, their stadium is thirty miles away for heavens sake.

agoo758
10/21/2011, 01:35 PM
You know you really shouldn't post threads with such definitive titles if you're only wishing/hoping/speculating/masturbating/etc.

A better title would have been "Leach a good fit at UCLA?" or "Wouldn't it be bitchen if Leach went to UCLA?" Just sayin.

Fair enough, but I posted this thread in the middle of or right after the game if I am not mistaken, so I didn't think people would believe that they would have fired Neuheisel and Hired leach on a Thursday Night.

oudavid1
10/21/2011, 02:29 PM
Leach to anywhere would be good news.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StoopTroup
10/21/2011, 02:55 PM
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leach to Uranus?

PLaw
10/21/2011, 04:00 PM

When he's not on his boat in Key West throwing back a few cocktails.

BOOMER