PDA

View Full Version : Did Craig James hit his head?

8timechamps
10/20/2011, 10:45 PM
I'm lame, so I'm watching the UA/UCLA game with a couple of minutes left, and Craig James (almost arguing) is asking Jesse "the tool" Palmer why Landry Jones isn't getting more attention (for the Heisman). James starts saying "He's thrown for almost 2,200 yards, and leading his team to victories! Why isn't he getting more attention?!".

It's the FIRST time I've kinda respected James (I can't believe I admitted that!).

PDXsooner
10/20/2011, 10:59 PM
What did Palmer say?

BigTip
10/20/2011, 11:00 PM
I saw he had Landry second on his list of candidates, the only one of the three to even mention Jones.

I figured James must read this board and he was only kissing up to us.

EatLeadCommie
10/20/2011, 11:06 PM
His name isn't Luck, so he's a bit handicapped from the start. Fine with me. Luck and Richardson will probably be in NYC. The third spot is up for grabs.

8timechamps
10/21/2011, 02:52 PM
What did Palmer say?

He never said anything negative about Landry, he just kept pumping Luck, Wilson and others. He said he had Landry #5 on his list. James got kinda mad at him.

BillyBall
10/21/2011, 02:55 PM
He never said anything negative about Landry, he just kept pumping Luck, Wilson and others. He said he had Landry #5 on his list. James got kinda mad at him.

So does that mean Palmer will be looking for a job? James kind of has a history...

SoonerMarkVA
10/21/2011, 03:03 PM
Craig is a tool, but I've never interpreted him as having an anti-OU bias. In fact, I remember in 2003 that he had White and M. Clayton as 1 and 3 for his Heisman would-be vote at the end of the year.

sooner KB
10/21/2011, 04:21 PM
Craig James has always been very pro-OU. Before the whole Leach incident, many on this board used to talk about how much they liked James.

oumartin
10/21/2011, 04:24 PM
My dislike of James is because of him lying during this Leach episode..

I could care less about leach really..

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2011, 04:26 PM
Actually, Craig James has been something of an OU homer for a long time. Doesn't change the fact he's a d-bag though.

NormanPride
10/21/2011, 04:33 PM
Skip Bayless is a huge OU guy, and he's a dooshrocket as well.

8timechamps
10/21/2011, 05:41 PM

I like Skip. I think most people don't like him because he's so opinionated, and never admits to being wrong. Much like myself.

Salt City Sooner
10/21/2011, 06:31 PM
Anybody else catch it when Palmer gave his suggestion of who Arizona should hire (Leach)? There was about 5 seconds of very awkward silence (other than James' navel puckering, that is :D ).

StoopTroup
10/21/2011, 09:17 PM
Until Leach and Mangino have their lawsuits well past them and begin to seek out a Head Coaching job...I have a very hard time thinking they are on anyone's list. I can see School's who need a Coach sending them a letter but really...if we don't see confirmed interviews at some schools....I just think that anything about them being a HC are no more valid than any rumor we would hear on this board.

Okie35
10/21/2011, 09:33 PM

He dislikes Bob strongly though. What I find crazy is that Landry has only been sacked twice. The offensive line is doing a good job.