PDA

View Full Version : LSU & Bama

8timechamps
10/20/2011, 08:35 PM
Put their pants on one leg at a time damnit! Not both legs at the same time....ONE leg at a time.

8timechamps
10/20/2011, 08:41 PM
On a completely unrelated note, how many of you agree with me that JoePa is probably going to die on the sidelines? Anyone see Sean Peyton get hit last weekend in the Saints game? Imagine if that were JoePa...dead.

BoulderSooner79
10/20/2011, 09:04 PM
JoePa was in the booth the last game I saw - hope he stays there. I think this is his last season and I hope PSU gets a bowl bid and wins (assuming it's not against us, of course).

AlbqSooner
10/21/2011, 06:53 AM
Supposedly, before the uSUC game in '73, Lacewll told the defense that those guys put their pants on one leg at a time. One of the linebackers piped up and said, "Coach. have you seen the size of those pant legs?"

NormanPride
10/21/2011, 07:26 AM
You mean they're not all like this guy?

http://static.themetapicture.com/media/funny-gif-guy-dressing-up-jumping.gif

boomersooner28
10/21/2011, 07:32 AM
According to Brad Edwards, we may jump both of them in the BCS before they play on the field. That would be absolute GOLD I tell ya. GOLD, if they were #2 and #3 when they play.

Reason being: The top 3 in the BCS are so close that it wouldn't take much to change, so we play an undefeated K-State team next week (29th) and Bama and LSU have byes. If we can escape Manhattan, it could be enough for us to jump them.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/21/2011, 07:51 AM
Are figments of ESPN's imagination.

cleller
10/21/2011, 07:54 AM
Oh...Thought they had already been picked for the BCS title game.

Wishboned
10/21/2011, 08:16 AM
But the SEC wears a completely different style of pants. More rugged.

In fact I've heard rumors of the NCAA creating a new SFBS, which stands for Super Football Subdivision, which will include only members from the SEC. Unlike the regular FBS they will crown their champion in August.

jkjsooner
10/21/2011, 09:06 AM
The SEC talk is just getting ridiculous. They are the best conference in college football. They have won several national titles in a row. That's all great for them and they should be proud and do have a reason to brag about it (although some would say it makes no sense rooting for a conference).

The problem is that the SEC homers don't stop there. Just in the last couple of days I've read plenty of comments and even some new articles that say things like the following:

Alabama and LSU should meet in the title game no matter what happens with the other undefeated teams.
We don't have a playoff because it would always be two SEC teams in the title game and people outside the SEC wouldn't like that.

It's almost as if there's an assumption that no non-SEC team will ever win another national title. It's just gotten so absurd and illogical.

Another misconception is that non-SEC teams don't prove themselves on the field. The talk almost implies that the 12 SEC teams play the 12 toughest schedules in the nation. It's simply not true. If you're a Big 12, Big 10, ACC, or PAC 12 team, an upgraded OOC schedule can easily make up for any SOS difference between an SEC schedule and a non-SEC schedule. Simply put, there are other teams that prove their worth. This is not to mention the fact that the SEC east is pretty poor this year. Boise State would win the SEC east - and did beat the probable SEC east champion on their own field. You play that game in Boise and Georgia easily loses by 3 touchdowns.

It is true that LSU has an extremely tough schedule this year. I'm not denying that. In addition to conference games, they've played a really tough OOC schedule. That isn't always true though.

The SEC will continue to be the best conference in college football. That doesn't mean they will be the best every single year and it sure as heck doesn't mean that they will have the best team in the country every year. There's definitely been an element of luck with their run. If Auburn doesn't get Newton and come from nowhere last year, the streak would have definitely ended. They've been fortunate to have at least one really good team every year - and also fortunate that they didn't have other teams that could challenge that team. They've also been fortunate that some of the heavyweights who would have challenged the SEC have been down. In the heyday, FSU, USC, or Miami would have held their own against any SEC team.

LRoss
10/21/2011, 09:27 AM
Hold up, jkj, that's the kind of rational thinking and sound logic that could doom the entire sports media industry.

delhalew
10/21/2011, 09:32 AM
Once you get past LSU and Bama, the Big12 is the better conference. That's saying something, considering Texas is down.

Jmorales22
10/21/2011, 10:11 AM
The SEC talk is just getting ridiculous. They are the best conference in college football. They have won several national titles in a row. That's all great for them and they should be proud and do have a reason to brag about it (although some would say it makes no sense rooting for a conference).

The problem is that the SEC homers don't stop there. Just in the last couple of days I've read plenty of comments and even some new articles that say things like the following:

Alabama and LSU should meet in the title game no matter what happens with the other undefeated teams.
We don't have a playoff because it would always be two SEC teams in the title game and people outside the SEC wouldn't like that.

It's almost as if there's an assumption that no non-SEC team will ever win another national title. It's just gotten so absurd and illogical.

Another misconception is that non-SEC teams don't prove themselves on the field. The talk almost implies that the 12 SEC teams play the 12 toughest schedules in the nation. It's simply not true. If you're a Big 12, Big 10, ACC, or PAC 12 team, an upgraded OOC schedule can easily make up for any SOS difference between an SEC schedule and a non-SEC schedule. Simply put, there are other teams that prove their worth. This is not to mention the fact that the SEC east is pretty poor this year. Boise State would win the SEC east - and did beat the probable SEC east champion on their own field. You play that game in Boise and Georgia easily loses by 3 touchdowns.

It is true that LSU has an extremely tough schedule this year. I'm not denying that. In addition to conference games, they've played a really tough OOC schedule. That isn't always true though.

The SEC will continue to be the best conference in college football. That doesn't mean they will be the best every single year and it sure as heck doesn't mean that they will have the best team in the country every year. There's definitely been an element of luck with their run. If Auburn doesn't get Newton and come from nowhere last year, the streak would have definitely ended. They've been fortunate to have at least one really good team every year - and also fortunate that they didn't have other teams that could challenge that team. They've also been fortunate that some of the heavyweights who would have challenged the SEC have been down. In the heyday, FSU, USC, or Miami would have held their own against any SEC team.

Not to mention all the home games those SEC teams have had for the NC games along the way during this run.

delhalew
10/21/2011, 10:17 AM
Now Bama had a kid arrested for Mary Jane. They have so much in common.

8timechamps
10/21/2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah, but will JoePa die on the sidelines?

Wishboned
10/21/2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah, but will JoePa die on the sidelines?

No. It will probably happen one of these times when he's in the booth.

They'll think he just nodded off in the 4th.

8timechamps
10/21/2011, 05:56 PM
No. It will probably happen one of these times when he's in the booth.

They'll think he just nodded off in the 4th.

I don't know why, but I laughed at this post...a lot!

Okie35
10/21/2011, 09:45 PM
That West Virginia win is starting to look a little less impressive.

StoopTroup
10/21/2011, 10:07 PM
Starting?

Cuse is embarrassing them horribly tonight. Just goes to show....any given night....

Lott's Bandana
10/21/2011, 10:22 PM
West Virginia, I'd like to introduce you to Florida State.

Wishboned
10/22/2011, 09:12 AM
I don't know why, but I laughed at this post...a lot!

Sometimes things catch you just right.

IronHorseSooner
10/22/2011, 10:27 AM
West Virginia, I'd like to introduce you to Florida State.

Speaking of Joe Pa, they will be in the same boat as FSU and WVU once they hit the back stretch of their schedule (and, good night, PSU's offense is horrendous).

cccasooner2
10/22/2011, 10:46 AM
Think Rivals will print the following type of statement on LSU like they did with OU?

LSU (1st): West Virginia's recent swoon is kind of a bad break for LSU, but based on LSU's ranking, it's obviously not too damaging.

sooneredaco
10/22/2011, 10:59 AM
I bet they put their pats on faster than most....

sooneredaco
10/22/2011, 02:26 PM

Sabanball
10/22/2011, 02:47 PM
Not to mention all the home games those SEC teams have had for the NC games along the way during this run.

Oh good lord--Wha! Wha! Wha!!!!........But Mommy, it's not FAIRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can hear it now--"we only lost in New Orleans because Bama/LSU stole all the tickets and our players couldn't hear over their 'SEC' chants!"

Sometimes you guys sound like the spoiled rotten kids in the Occupy Wallstreet crowd all mad because life wasn't handed to them on a silver platter even though they live in the greatest country on earth and have had, comparatively speaking, easy lives. You need to take a cue from your coach, who I NEVER hear complaining or acting jealous about the SEC but rather puts the onus on his staff and team to nut up and let their play on the field do their talking.

UTgradOUfan
10/22/2011, 03:36 PM
Oh good lord--Wha! Wha! Wha!!!!........But Mommy, it's not FAIRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can hear it now--"we only lost in New Orleans because Bama/LSU stole all the tickets and our players couldn't hear over their 'SEC' chants!"

Sometimes you guys sound like the spoiled rotten kids in the Occupy Wallstreet crowd all mad because life wasn't handed to them on a silver platter even though they live in the greatest country on earth and have had, comparatively speaking, easy lives. You need to take a cue from your coach, who I NEVER hear complaining or acting jealous about the SEC but rather puts the onus on his staff and team to nut up and let their play on the field do their talking.

You need to be very careful. Stick to college football. You have a bit credibility there. Once you get outside of college football no cares much about what you have to say. People from your part of the world are, well..... Let me just say it like this, no one really takes you seriously.

LSUdeek
10/22/2011, 05:30 PM
You need to be very careful. Stick to college football. You have a bit credibility there. Once you get outside of college football no cares much about what you have to say. People from your part of the world are, well..... Let me just say it like this, no one really takes you seriously.

Gotta love the state/degree smack. Good thing we are here posting about CFB. Facepalm.

8timechamps
10/22/2011, 05:33 PM

Stick to the topic...putting pants on one, or two legs at a time!!!!

8timechamps
10/22/2011, 05:34 PM
Gotta love the state/degree smack. Good thing we are here posting about CFB. Facepalm.

Degree as in the deodorant?

silverwheels
10/22/2011, 05:36 PM

2 were in Arizona
1 was in Pasadena
1 was in Miami
1 was in New Orleans

Go back to 2003 and that's 2 in New Orleans. Still not a majority.

picasso
10/22/2011, 05:47 PM

Just count your blessings that most of the 27 NC's you guys have won weren't played in your opponents home state.

mightysooner
10/22/2011, 06:00 PM
SEC's pants run a 4.3 40 I hear

soonercastor
10/22/2011, 06:02 PM
Why do we sound so butthurt? There's only one way for everyone else in the land to shut them up and so far that hasn't happened yet. Let them talk ****, they earned it.