PDA

View Full Version : Pukes lose to Mizzou Saturday, guaranteed

champions77
10/19/2011, 09:36 PM
You would never know it listening to the local sports media, print and otherwise, but the Aggies from Stoolwater, and their 100th ranked defense, yes 100th ranked, will lose to the SEC bound Mizzou Tigers Saturday on Faurot Field. Oh and that vaunted osu Pass Defense which finished 115th in the country last year, but was for some reason expected to be the strength on this year's team...ranked as the 95th best.

Sorry Aggies, but Championship teams always have defenses better that yours, always. If you had actually won a Championship in the last fifty years, you would know this. (The three way tie in 1976 doesn't qualify)

Mizzou 38, osu 34.

oumartin
10/19/2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks Soonerus

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2011, 09:40 PM
^ i am really laughing out loud..

salth2o
10/19/2011, 09:46 PM
I agree.

EatLeadCommie
10/19/2011, 09:59 PM
Mizzou blows. I think OSU will stomp a mudhole in them.

CowboyMRW
10/19/2011, 10:04 PM
Is this thread going to be put up every week but with a different team?

SoonerMarkVA
10/19/2011, 10:08 PM
Pork U would have to have a fairly substantial meltdown to lose. On the road, it can happen. But I see OSU with a 10- to 14-pt win. a&m was a tougher task than this.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2011, 10:10 PM
Is this thread going to be put up every week but with a different team?

I'm just surprised someone beat the usual guy to it.

CowboyMRW
10/19/2011, 10:12 PM
And that 95th ranked pass defense is also 27th in pass efficiency.

Our defense is built upon creating turnovers which we excel at, and getting to the quarterbacks for sacks and tackles for loss which we also do a very good job at. We have a lot of speed in the backfield and do a job of coverage.

Where a lot of teams get their yards are against our backups. You can make the argument that our backups aren't ready for big time football and I'll side with you, but right now our starters are doing a damn good job.

IBleedCrimson
10/19/2011, 10:12 PM
what does your guarantee guarantee me? if i lose money on your prediction are you covering my losses? cause that would be alright

8timechamps
10/19/2011, 10:17 PM
It'll be an uncomfortable game for the pokes, but I would be shocked if they lost.

OSU 41
Mizzou 31

CowboyMRW
10/19/2011, 10:19 PM
I was worried earlier in the season, but I think our defense will get to Franklin often and rattle him. I say we hold them to 14 barring no special teams miscues or broken plays

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2011, 10:25 PM
I was worried earlier in the season, but I think our defense will get to Franklin often and rattle him. I say we hold them to 14 barring no special teams miscues or broken plays

Here is where Mizzou may be a match up problem..I've watched Franklin and every game and he doesn't get rattled.. I mean he makes mistakes, but getting hit doesn't bother him...He is built kind of tebowesque and is that kind of runner....His carries are down the last couple of weeks but he may carry the ball 30 times against OSU..Mizzou is 13th in the country in rushing...I expect them to do similar things to what Texas did..pound the ball, take up the clock..

But Mizzou DBs are their weakness and therefore a better matchup for OSU...This is the kind of game having a guy like Josh Cooper is very important..

nighttrain12
10/19/2011, 10:32 PM
You would never know it listening to the local sports media, print and otherwise, but the Aggies from Stoolwater, and their 100th ranked defense, yes 100th ranked, will lose to the SEC bound Mizzou Tigers Saturday on Faurot Field. Oh and that vaunted osu Pass Defense which finished 115th in the country last year, but was for some reason expected to be the strength on this year's team...ranked as the 95th best.

Sorry Aggies, but Championship teams always have defenses better that yours, always. If you had actually won a Championship in the last fifty years, you would know this. (The three way tie in 1976 doesn't qualify)

Mizzou 38, osu 34.

Make sure and bet all 500 of your vCash on that.

SoonerDood
10/19/2011, 10:32 PM
Here is where Mizzou may be a match up problem..I've watched Franklin and every game and he doesn't get rattled.. I mean he makes mistakes, but getting hit doesn't bother him...He is built kind of tebowesque and is that kind of runner....His carries are down the last couple of weeks but he may carry the ball 30 times against OSU..Mizzou is 13th in the country in rushing...I expect them to do similar things to what Texas did..pound the ball, take up the clock..

But Mizzou DBs are their weakness and therefore a better matchup for OSU...This is the kind of game having a guy like Josh Cooper is very important..

Shoot we beat Mizzou with our #2 and #3 WRs out. I agree they'll attack like Texas did; and like Texas did, Pinkel will screw their mojo by going away from what works.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2011, 10:35 PM
Every time texas attempted a pass, I wondered what they were doing...

picasso
10/19/2011, 11:47 PM
And that 95th ranked pass defense is also 27th in pass efficiency.

Our defense is built upon creating turnovers which we excel at, and getting to the quarterbacks for sacks and tackles for loss which we also do a very good job at. We have a lot of speed in the backfield and do a job of coverage.

Where a lot of teams get their yards are against our backups. You can make the argument that our backups aren't ready for big time football and I'll side with you, but right now our starters are doing a damn good job.
This is such horse****. Do you get a memo from the media relations team or something?

CowboyMRW
10/19/2011, 11:51 PM
This is such horse****. Do you get a memo from the media relations team or something?

What part of what I said was untrue? I attend every home game and have watched every away game for us. I watch what we do closely.

cleller
10/20/2011, 06:45 AM
One thing that is uncomfortable, is that on paper it is possible OSU could make it all the way to the National Championship this year. Makes me queasy just to type it.
Anyway, IF they did-then proceeded to get the orangesickle butts stomped by Bama or LSU, they'd still cry huge tears of joy for the next decade for dream season that got them there.

Please blunder it soon.

olevetonahill
10/20/2011, 07:36 AM
WE beat em By 10 in our House. Yall going to their Shack
I can see pokeys losing this , Not sayin Yall will, Just that its Very possible

soonerinabilene
10/20/2011, 08:05 AM
11 oclock kickoff on the road is always a little more difficult

Sinyeah12
10/20/2011, 08:33 AM
When I first saw the spread for this game it screamed close game. If OSU wins, I don't think they cover the 6 1/2 or 7 that I have seen.

JLEW1818
10/20/2011, 08:51 AM
i already made this pick.... nothing to see here

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2011, 09:05 AM
Shutup....

sooner_born_1960
10/20/2011, 09:12 AM
11 oclock kickoff on the road is always a little more difficult
Is this true? Do you have any statistics to back that up? I'm not necessarily doubting you. I just wonder.

miesvander
10/20/2011, 09:30 AM
I think the 12:15 am kick-offs have got to be the worst in college football. Well ... to be fair there has probably been only one 12:15 am kick-off in the history of college football, but OSU won that one. I think they win this one too.

NormanPride
10/20/2011, 10:13 AM
Shutup....

I hate it when you two fight.

BoulderSooner79
10/20/2011, 10:17 AM
I hate it when you two fight.

I don't

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2011, 10:17 AM
Oh it's ok..it always starts out rough

BoulderSooner79
10/20/2011, 10:19 AM
Oh it's ok..it always starts out rough

Oh crap, they're gonna have make-up sex

OU Sooners
10/20/2011, 02:58 PM
This could be the game that OSU slips up. The bad thing with having a questionable defense, and trust me that is an understatement for OSU...is at any point someone on your offense could simply have a bad day. If Weeden has a really bad day or if Blackmon goes down, then thats all that needs to happen to lose on the road with a defense like that. I predict a loss somewhere around Missouri 41 OSU 31.

pphilfran
10/20/2011, 03:21 PM

You are hallucinating if you actually think you will hold them to 14...

CowboyMRW
10/20/2011, 04:03 PM
You are hallucinating if you actually think you will hold them to 14...

This was barring special teams breakdowns and short fields from whatever reasons. If they get in the RZ, we will make them kick FG's. I'm predicting a 31-14 type of game, so in reality it'll be like 45-31 haha

pphilfran
10/20/2011, 04:04 PM
This was barring special teams breakdowns and short fields from whatever reasons. If they get in the RZ, we will make them kick FG's. I'm predicting a 31-14 type of game, so in reality it'll be like 45-31 haha

Special teams are going to give up 17?

CowboyMRW
10/20/2011, 04:10 PM
That was tongue-in-cheek as my predictions are usually off lol.

CowboyMRW
10/20/2011, 04:11 PM
And special teams did give up 14 to Texas last week

olevetonahill
10/20/2011, 04:16 PM
And special teams did give up 14 to Texas last weekYer kinda Stupid yet yer a good kid

CowboyMRW
10/20/2011, 04:18 PM
It made sense in my head, but now going back and re-reading it all, I can understand the confusion I've caused.

sooneredaco
10/20/2011, 04:24 PM
OU beats the sh!t out of Taco Tech......

soonercoop1
10/20/2011, 05:09 PM
Might take 50 or 60 to win it...my guess the score is 59-52...

budbarrybob
10/20/2011, 05:12 PM
Our defense is built upon creating turnovers...

Could you expound on this statement? That to me is like saying most defenses are NOT "built" upon creating turnovers. Do the LB/Safeties do anything different than any other defense? I'm in a lurch trying to make sense of this.

BTW, OSU wins.

olevetonahill
10/20/2011, 05:15 PM
It made sense in my head, but now going back and re-reading it all, I can understand the confusion I've caused.

LMFAO

mightysooner
10/20/2011, 05:18 PM
Pokes are gonna roll Mizzou.

CowboyMRW
10/20/2011, 05:40 PM
Could you expound on this statement? That to me is like saying most defenses are NOT "built" upon creating turnovers. Do the LB/Safeties do anything different than any other defense? I'm in a lurch trying to make sense of this.

BTW, OSU wins.

Ok. Our defense is the perfect bend but don't break model. It's not my ideal strategy but it's working. Bill Young doesn't mind giving yards between the 20's as long as it takes 10-12 plays a drive. In those 12 plays a college football offense is most likely going to have a broken play that our defense capitalizes on ideally. This could be a bad pass or fumbled exchange and that's where we make our move.

Our defense gets a bad rep for the amount yards given up, but have forced 20 turnovers so far this year, and are 2nd in the nation in turnover margin. Last year our defense was 3rd in forced turnovers. Also, our defense does a great job of ripping at the football. I watch a lot of defenses, and this isn't through orange glasses, but it seems that we do a lot more ripping than most other teams.

If Mizzou is to pull this out, they will have to play methodical football and keep everything at manageable downs. Like 2nd and 7 and 3rd and 4 or less. We capitalize extremely well when we force teams into passing downs.

oumartin
10/20/2011, 06:15 PM
If Mizzou beats the pokes I'll post a picture of my testicles dipped in orange paint and paint the shaft black!

King Barry's Back
10/20/2011, 06:57 PM
One thing that is uncomfortable, is that on paper it is possible OSU could make it all the way to the National Championship this year. Makes me queasy just to type it.
Anyway, IF they did-then proceeded to get the orangesickle butts stomped by Bama or LSU, they'd still cry huge tears of joy for the next decade for dream season that got them there.

Please blunder it soon.

^^^this times infinity

OhU1
10/20/2011, 07:29 PM
OP since OSU is -6 or 7 you should bet the house on Mizzou. Easy guaranteed bank right?

Chiliman
10/20/2011, 07:34 PM
Is this true? Do you have any statistics to back that up? I'm not necessarily doubting you. I just wonder.

I laft

Also, I'm so sick of hearing what a defensive genius Bill Young is supposed to be. Are there statistics to back that up? Certainly not from his time in stool water.

TrophyCollector
10/20/2011, 08:27 PM
Ok. Our defense is the perfect bend but don't break model. It's not my ideal strategy but it's working. Bill Young doesn't mind giving yards between the 20's as long as it takes 10-12 plays a drive. In those 12 plays a college football offense is most likely going to have a broken play that our defense capitalizes on ideally. This could be a bad pass or fumbled exchange and that's where we make our move.

Man, what a plan!!! Give up 420+ per game, 27.3 points, but we try and strip a lot.

News flash, that is not by design, that is a bad defense that doesn't have any other choice.

TrophyCollector
10/20/2011, 08:28 PM

Man, what a plan!!! Give up 420+ per game, 27.3 points, but we try and strip a lot.

News flash, that is not by design, that is a bad defense that doesn't have any other choice.

soonerman4life
10/20/2011, 08:32 PM
I think the pokes lose only 1 game, their last one. But... my gut tells me they'll have to work for this one. Franklin absolutely does not get rattled and I expect he'll take off running a little more than usual causing problems for the poke's vunerable defense. One thing posted earlier and I most certainly agree is championship teams always have better denfenses then what okie state puts out on the field.

GDC
10/21/2011, 10:28 AM
Sam Mayes said on the sports urinal this morning that OSU's offense is far superior to OU's.

delhalew
10/21/2011, 10:35 AM
Sam Mayes said on the sports urinal this morning that OSU's offense is far superior to OU's.

Only slightly, and I wouldn't expect that to be the case at years end. Meanwhile, the chasm between our defenses is VAST.

Soonerjeepman
10/21/2011, 10:37 AM
Last year our defense was 3rd in forced turnovers.

and OU still beat ya....same song different verse...

I also believe ya will prob beat MU...sets up for the game at the end of the season...the final push to put OU #1 in the BSC...

Breadburner
10/21/2011, 11:01 AM
You can only rely on other teams mistakes to win for so long......

oumartin
10/21/2011, 11:11 AM
Sam Mayes makes me almost like Mark Rodgers.

I personally think OSU has a better offense than OU but it's not by much and as a poster said before the differences in the defenses is huge!!!!!

oumartin
10/21/2011, 11:43 AM
LOCK THE COWBOYS! Greg Roberts just picked Mizzou to win straight up

kevpks
10/21/2011, 11:46 AM
I personally think OSU has a better offense than OU but it's not by much and as a poster said before the differences in the defenses is huge!!!!!

I trust our offense more to get a touchdown when we absolutely have to have one. Our team has more experience winning meaningful games. We're not after divisional co-championship rings here at OU. Weeden's clutch play last week was to scramble out of the back of the endzone to negate a pick 6. Unsound Texas defensive schemes and his running backs bailed him out.

kevpks
10/21/2011, 11:50 AM
LOCK THE COWBOYS! Greg Roberts just picked Mizzou to win straight up

That guy's reasoning for picking Texas with the points against OU was hilarious. It was something like: In the past 30 years when two 5-0 teams and a team is more than a 10 point underdog that averages blahbity blahbity yards rushing and the favored team is coming off a win by more than...I'm taking the horns +10. That guy is a waste of airtime on the Sports Animal, and that is saying a lot.

BeaSooner
10/21/2011, 11:52 AM
If Mizzou beats the pokes I'll post a picture of my testicles dipped in orange paint and paint the shaft black!

Now I'm rooting for the Tigers!

PrideMom
10/21/2011, 12:39 PM
Why is anyone arguing with an Aggie fan?

Okie35
10/21/2011, 09:31 PM
It could happen.

8timechamps
10/21/2011, 11:54 PM
If we can go into Columbia ranked #1 in the country and lose to Mizzou, then it's possible Okie State could lose there as well. The crowd may not be as hyped as it was for our visit last year, but I'm sure having the #4 team come to your house will ensure that there is ample noise from the home crowd.

Flagstaffsooner
10/22/2011, 09:21 AM
Herbie just picked Mizou.

picasso
10/22/2011, 10:18 AM
If we can go into Columbia ranked #1 in the country and lose to Mizzou, then it's possible Okie State could lose there as well. The crowd may not be as hyped as it was for our visit last year, but I'm sure having the #4 team come to your house will ensure that there is ample noise from the home crowd.
Yeah but Nuke Laloosh is no longer there. Isn't it an early game? That bodes better for the Pokers.

oumartin
10/22/2011, 10:30 AM
Herbie just picked Mizou.

I like Herbie but he is wrong.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/22/2011, 12:05 PM
haha

IBleedCrimson
10/22/2011, 12:06 PM

soonercoop1
10/22/2011, 12:07 PM
Thought Mizzou had some O based on OUs game with them but OSU's D is shutting them down...

oumartin
10/22/2011, 12:08 PM
Franklin has tried to run once.. There are no delayed blitzes being ran by OSU. they are bringing the house..
Seems OU was brining pressure late and Franklin was taking off.. OSU has this figured out

cleller
10/22/2011, 12:10 PM
Herbie picked Mizzou and Miami today. At least he's not afraid to go out a limb. Bet he's wrong on both.

AlboSooner
10/22/2011, 12:11 PM
these threads rarely work out. I think some of us sooner fans have to realize Okie St is a good team.

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/22/2011, 12:14 PM
they are making it look easy againt m mizzou. 21-3 at the start of the second.

picasso
10/22/2011, 12:15 PM
these threads rarely work out. I think some of us sooner fans have to realize Okie St is a good team.
Yes they are. We also have to realize this isn't the Mizzou of last season.

It's obvious OU and the Pokes are tops in the league but that doesn't mean someone won't stub their toe before December.

soonercoop1
10/22/2011, 12:15 PM
spoke too soon:courage:

LiveLaughLove
10/22/2011, 12:34 PM
The Mizzou QB hasnt looked very inspired to me so far. Flat footed. He may have been out too late last night for an 11am game.

ouflak
10/22/2011, 01:34 PM
Why was I under the impression that Missouri had a passing game? I mean I knew they weren't world beaters, but don't they usually atleast try to give it a go? Where did I get that idea from?

JLEW1818
10/22/2011, 01:47 PM
Missouri sucks so bad.. errrr

oh well. Kstate looks just as good as the pokes. yikes

LiveLaughLove
10/22/2011, 02:35 PM
Well, have to say, OSU looked a ton better against Mizzou than OU did. No excuses. No Mizzou is worse now than when we played them. OSU went to their field and kicked their butts. OSU is very good.

KSU is starting to believe and it's going to be a tough game next week. OU will have to earn it if they are going to get number 8. I think they can. Should be fun.

CowboyMRW
10/22/2011, 02:44 PM
My prediction for OU next week. OU wins by 3+ TD's. I'm not buying the KSU hype.

picasso
10/22/2011, 02:48 PM
Well, have to say, OSU looked a ton better against Mizzou than OU did. No excuses. No Mizzou is worse now than when we played them. OSU went to their field and kicked their butts. OSU is very good.

KSU is starting to believe and it's going to be a tough game next week. OU will have to earn it if they are going to get number 8. I think they can. Should be fun.
I just love comparative scoring. Did you know that doesn't work?

picasso
10/22/2011, 02:49 PM
My prediction for OU next week. OU wins by 3+ TD's. I'm not buying the KSU hype.
What hype? People are simply saying they are better than expected.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/22/2011, 02:49 PM

KSU is starting to believe and it's going to be a tough game next week. OU will have to earn it if they are going to get number 8. I think they can. Should be fun.I just hope we don't forget ttech THIS WEEK...TODAY!

LiveLaughLove
10/22/2011, 03:04 PM
I just love comparative scoring. Did you know that doesn't work?

Since I played football from 4yrs old to 22 yrs old, I am aware of that. Wasn't using it as predictive of the outcome of our game vs OSU. Just made a statement and it stands. There are several folks in different threads saying Mizzou has regressed, yada yada. Excuses for why they played us tougher than OSU.

Just not the case. Mizzou is the same as they were when we played them. For some reason, we didn't dominate them, and OSU pretty much did. Credit where it is due.

I also know that we dominated texas much more than they did. They dominated Kansas more than we did, etc. None of which will matter when we meet them, and I never said it would.

I stand by what I said. OSU is very good. KSU will be very tough next week.

LiveLaughLove
10/22/2011, 03:08 PM
I just hope we don't forget ttech THIS WEEK...TODAY!

I don't think the players will. It doesn't matter if I, as a fan, do. I think our home win streak will continue tonight.

picasso
10/22/2011, 03:09 PM
Can't argue with that.

I'm of the opinion that aside from aTm, oSu hasn't played anyone very good.

We shall see.

10/22/2011, 03:12 PM
I don't think the players will. It doesn't matter if I, as a fan, do.D'Oh!!!

BTW, I hope our players aren't watching other football games this afternoon...but, they prolly are.

SoonerMarkVA
10/22/2011, 03:12 PM

My prediction: your prediction will be wrong.

I expect the margin to be less than a TD, either way, with OU being on the "up" end at about 70/30. Going to be yet another classic Stoops/Snyder battle.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/22/2011, 03:16 PM
Since I played football from 4yrs old to 22 yrs old, I am aware of that. Wasn't using it as predictive of the outcome of our game vs OSU. Just made a statement and it stands. There are several folks in different threads saying Mizzou has regressed, yada yada. Excuses for why they played us tougher than OSU.

Just not the case. Mizzou is the same as they were when we played them. For some reason, we didn't dominate them, and OSU pretty much did. Credit where it is due.

I also know that we dominated texas much more than they did. They dominated Kansas more than we did, etc. None of which will matter when we meet them, and I never said it would.

I stand by what I said. OSU is very good. KSU will be very tough next week.

Well, you obviously don't understand the mental aspect. Missouri was a 3-3 team heading into this game and don't have any fight in them and now they're 3-4 and they'll be 3-5 next week. And you obviously didn't watch the game if you think Oklahoma St. dominated Missouri. You must have gotten hit too many times in the head from the age of 4 through the age of 22 years old. :courage: A TD lead at halftime and a maximum lead of 21 points isn't domination give how many teams in NCAA history have come back from such deficits or larger.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/22/2011, 03:21 PM

Our defense gets a bad rep for the amount yards given up, but have forced 20 turnovers so far this year, and are 2nd in the nation in turnover margin. Last year our defense was 3rd in forced turnovers. Also, our defense does a great job of ripping at the football. I watch a lot of defenses, and this isn't through orange glasses, but it seems that we do a lot more ripping than most other teams.

If Mizzou is to pull this out, they will have to play methodical football and keep everything at manageable downs. Like 2nd and 7 and 3rd and 4 or less. We capitalize extremely well when we force teams into passing downs.

Oklahoma St.'s defense gets a bad rap because it bends AND breaks. They're giving up 27 points per game for crying out loud! So they bend on yards allowed and break on points allowed. No amount of turnovers or sacks override the fact that Oklahoma St.'s defense sucks and what keeps them from losing is a very stout offense not the turnovers gained. There is nothing wrong with that of course, because it is all about winning, but there are simply no excuses or reasons for Oklahoma St.'s defense, they are just flat out not any good.

CowboyMRW
10/22/2011, 03:30 PM
Our defense is giving our offense another 3-4 possessions per game. With the offense we have, that's plenty to win. They're doing their job just fine. Rush D is worrisome for me, but the only rushing team left we play is Kstate until the bowl game, and KState does not worry me in the least. Our back 4 are a pretty good foursome

LiveLaughLove
10/22/2011, 03:38 PM
Well, you obviously don't understand the mental aspect. Missouri was a 3-3 team heading into this game and don't have any fight in them and now they're 3-4 and they'll be 3-5 next week. And you obviously didn't watch the game if you think Oklahoma St. dominated Missouri. You must have gotten hit too many times in the head from the age of 4 through the age of 22 years old. :courage: A TD lead at halftime and a maximum lead of 21 points isn't domination give how many teams in NCAA history have come back from such deficits or larger.

I understand that the record doesn't mean squat to a player, at least a good one. I played hard regardless of score or our team record (been on an undefeated team and on a 3-7 team). I believe my teammates did also. Just for FYI, I missed one play in all of those years for a dislocated finger that the trainer popped back in to place, and I went right back out. Don't think it affected my brain, but my wife might disagree.

I know nothing is static. Mizzou isn't exactly the same, but close enough to close off any excuse making by our fans. I never felt OSU was in danger from the kickoff to the end. Pretty much was universal thought that they were going to upset OSU. We are posting in a thread that guaranteed OSU would lose, so I think OSU pretty much dominated them.

That's my last post defending that OSU is a very good team. In the end, I could not care less about OSU. If folks here want to dilude themselves into thinking they aren't, that's cool too.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/22/2011, 03:39 PM
But Oklahoma St.'s offense hasn't faced a good defense yet. :smile: And Oklahoma St.'s back four being solid (and I agree that they are) doesn't matter as long as the front four is pathetic, which is the case and why they are giving up 250 passing yards and 180 rushing yards per game.

possumfat
10/22/2011, 03:42 PM
Has anyone done a man to man comparison of the OU Defense to the OSU Offense to see how they hypotheticly match up and the expected results of what phases of the game OSU's offense would succeed or fail??

85sooners
10/22/2011, 04:49 PM
fuk osu !!!!and their fans!!

10/22/2011, 05:00 PM
They ARE repulsive, aren't they? from the horrid school colors, all the way to their Ultra-jealous Hatred of the PRRIIDE OF OKLAHOMA!

IBleedCrimson
10/22/2011, 05:07 PM
one thing no team has done: put pressure on weeden. that'll change when The Hammer, Frank Alexander, JMac, and C Walker come to town. Mix in some Tony Jefferson and JFleming and those routine completions become not so routine.

8timechamps
10/22/2011, 05:08 PM
Missouri beat themselves. Turnovers, as usual, killed them. I don't know whether or not I would say they were all "forced" (although that's how the stats read), but it was the difference in the game.

True OSU fans can't be overly joyed with this win (although, a win is a win, and a road win is always good). I don't see OSU losing before we meet. They have a terrific offense, but their defense is what will kill them in the end.

silverwheels
10/22/2011, 05:16 PM
OSU is just better than Missouri, and everyone on their schedule, for that matter, other than OU. Although A&M should have beaten them. Don't know why they went away from the run game in the 2nd half. Tannehill should not be throwing that many passes.

Anyway, OSU should be undefeated when we roll into town.

OU_Sooners75
10/22/2011, 06:06 PM

Mizzou 38, osu 34.

Oops!

swardboy
10/22/2011, 06:08 PM
Misery put some pressure on Weedie in the first half and he folded. He hasn't seen anything remotely like our D.

I felt misery could have easily tied the game until the pukeboys got three scores ahead in the fourth. franklin remembered he's a freshman unfortunately.

OU_Sooners75
10/22/2011, 06:08 PM
Has anyone done a man to man comparison of the OU Defense to the OSU Offense to see how they hypotheticly match up and the expected results of what phases of the game OSU's offense would succeed or fail??

It will be done...but not until we get ready to play OSU.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/22/2011, 06:25 PM
Missouri beat themselves. Turnovers, as usual, killed them. I don't know whether or not I would say they were all "forced" (although that's how the stats read), but it was the difference in the game.

True OSU fans can't be overly joyed with this win (although, a win is a win, and a road win is always good). I don't see OSU losing before we meet. They have a terrific offense, but their defense is what will kill them in the end.

Mizzou beat themselves on their first series in the 3rd quarter. Down 7, they had all the momentum -> Ripping off 8 yards per run, they got to mid-field. It looks like they are just going to cram the ball right down the pokes throat. At that point, Pinkle Pinkled by going for a slow as crap developing long pass play that ends up in a sack/fumble for 10 yard loss. Then behind the chains they try to throw on 2nd down and it gets picked at the LOS. 2 plays later it was 31-17.

8timechamps
10/22/2011, 06:27 PM
Mizzou beat themselves on their first series in the 3rd quarter. Down 7, they had all the momentum -> Ripping off 8 yards per run, they got to mid-field. It looks like they are just going to cram the ball right down the pokes throat. At that point, Pinkle Pinkled by going for a slow as crap developing long pass play that ends up in a sack/fumble for 10 yard loss. Then behind the chains they try to throw on 2nd down and it gets picked at the LOS. 2 plays later it was 31-17.

Yep. The turnover inside the 5 put the nail in the coffin. Pinkel is a good coach, but no doubt makes some boneheaded calls that cost him games.

CowboyMRW
10/22/2011, 06:29 PM
OSU lost their #2 receiver for the year. That really hurts

AlboSooner
10/22/2011, 06:32 PM

Terrible news for you guys.

8timechamps
10/22/2011, 06:32 PM

Really? I wasn't watching close enough to see that I guess. What happened? When did it happen?

OU_Sooners75
10/22/2011, 06:40 PM
Didnt know they had another WR on the team outside of Blackmon.

soonerman4life
10/22/2011, 06:42 PM
Missouri squandered any opportunity they had to win this ballgame. They had their chances and blew every one of them. But... I've just about had my fill of how great this osu team is. texas put pressure on Weedy and the few times missouri got pressure on him he proved that he can't hold up to his hype. When the Sooners roll into orange town Weedy and the OL won't know what hit them. There is no argument that the pokes are a good team but they are not a great team. The more I watch the Sooners and pokes play the more I know that the Sooners will pound them back into their historical and rightful position of #2 in the state of OK.

CowboyMRW
10/22/2011, 06:45 PM
Anyiam broke his foot. He did it on the 3rd down and 2 catch that Weeden just lofted it up like 30 yards downfield and Anyiam went up and got it and it looked as if the defender rolled on top of it. He's had foot problems before which hurt him all last year. I feel bad for him, as he was having a fine season in his own right. That was most likely his last play of his football career

badger
10/22/2011, 06:45 PM
vBookie vGloating time:

A ton of people picked Mizzou to win, sans spread.

vBookie recovered 50k in missing vCash thanks to the Pokes not choking.

In another Big 12 event, Texas A&M's point spread was just over 20. They only beat ISU by 16.

:D Another 30k in lost vCash recovered!!!!! :D

Alas, there is 1 million vCash vBet on OU having 320 passing yards tonight. A million! A lot on the line on that single vBet. We'll see what happens...