PDA

View Full Version : Please Enlighten Me

Football Jim
10/19/2011, 07:02 PM
I just don't get it.

Since when is the Big 12 a conference made up of cupcake teams with little merit.
It seems that the Big 10 and the SEC are the "Big Boys".
It has been written that Mizzou has a chance to finally play with the "elites of big boy football".

Has nobody in the sports press ever heard the word SOONER?
There are several teams in the Big 12 that are ranked and or respected. Does KU and Iowa State bring the Big 12 status down that much?

Has nobody in the sports press ever heard of Vandy? Ole Miss? Miss St? UK?
Give me a break!

nebbish into the Big 10 has finally vaulted them into a "Football power conference".

Outside of Whiskey KSU would win the Big 10. Ever heard of the golden gophers? Purdue? Football powers to be sure!

And what is this about OU's win over KU labeled as a "troubling win"??
What, we have to win by 100 every week or OU is in trouble?? What's up with that!
And my final rant, Ubben predicts OSU will win the Big 12. Why??
It seems OU keeps winning and the dis respecters and haters come out of the woodwork.

I can't wait for OU to clobber everyone in the Big 12 and go on to demolish Bama or the grass eaters (smokers?)

Maybe then OU will get more respect!

En_Fuego
10/19/2011, 07:08 PM
It's always been this way. Nothing new. At least they give Bob more respect than Barry.

OUNASH
10/19/2011, 09:11 PM
I just don't get it.

Since when is the Big 12 a conference made up of cupcake teams with little merit.
It seems that the Big 10 and the SEC are the "Big Boys".
It has been written that Mizzou has a chance to finally play with the "elites of big boy football".

Has nobody in the sports press ever heard the word SOONER?
There are several teams in the Big 12 that are ranked and or respected. Does KU and Iowa State bring the Big 12 status down that much?

Has nobody in the sports press ever heard of Vandy? Ole Miss? Miss St? UK?
Give me a break!

nebbish into the Big 10 has finally vaulted them into a "Football power conference".

Outside of Whiskey KSU would win the Big 10. Ever heard of the golden gophers? Purdue? Football powers to be sure!

And what is this about OU's win over KU labeled as a "troubling win"??
What, we have to win by 100 every week or OU is in trouble?? What's up with that!
It seems OU keeps winning and the dis respecters and haters come out of the woodwork.

I can't wait for OU to clobber everyone in the Big 12 and go on to demolish Bama or the grass eaters (smokers?)

Maybe then OU will get more respect!

Ubben has been a pretty big OU supporter. The guy who is picking the Pokes is Huard ( called game last SDR against Kansas). We didnt exactly come out and look like world beaters. Relax, when Oklahoma beats the hell out of the Pokes and wins the National Championship the media will still be writing negative stuff. It goes with the territory when you have been as great as Oklahoma for the last 60 years. People will always try to kick you down when you are always the top dog.

BoulderSooner79
10/19/2011, 09:21 PM
Why do folks get their undies in such a bundle over "respect" from media/talking heads/whoever? It's certainly never been an issue as far as BCS ranking; where else does it matter?

OUbasketball4life
10/19/2011, 09:28 PM
People hate on programs that are historically good. Media will hype any SEC team and for good reason. The last 6 BCS champs have come from the SEC. A few years ago I remember a lot of talk about the Pac 10 being the best conference. It is what it is if you want to shut up the talk about the SEC then you just have to beat them...

BoulderSooner79
10/19/2011, 09:35 PM
People hate on programs that are historically good. Media will hype any SEC team and for good reason. The last 6 BCS champs have come from the SEC. A few years ago I remember a lot of talk about the Pac 10 being the best conference. It is what it is if you want to shut up the talk about the SEC then you just have to beat them...

I would agree with just beat them, but you've already conceded a 6th BCS to the SEC...

LRoss
10/19/2011, 10:12 PM
I have good news:

It's going to be all right and stuff.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/19/2011, 11:13 PM
Outside of Whiskey KSU would win the Big 10.

Sure, why not? They're going to win the Big XII after they beat us next week...

sooner KB
10/20/2011, 01:43 AM
Am I the only one that really doesn't get all the "the media is hating on us" thing? When someone says something about the SEC they are hating on OU? Why? When someone calls one of our games where we underperform "troubling," they are hating on us? I got troubled by the KU game. Someone picks OSU, a team that is ranked one spot below us that we play at their house, and they are hating on us? I'm sorry, picking OSU isn't that controversial.

People in the media make picks, make predictions, make comments. I think its pretty logical that not all of these opinions will be in our favor. If everyone in the media was completely positive about OU all of the time, that would be a conspiracy. If you think there's an anti-OU conspiracy out there because we're so good (when other successful programs are mysteriously exempt), you're a delusional crimson-colored-glasses fan that needs to take a deep breathe, ratchet down that emotion a little, and just think things through a little before you go posting these brain dead f&cking threads/posts.

cleller
10/20/2011, 06:32 AM
After OSU got up on Kansas by 50 points in a few minutes and had to pull its starters, everyone expected a similar result from us. So as the game carries on toward halftime, with Kansas still making a game of it, it was "troubling" to the observers.

Plus, as a broadcaster, the name of the game is excitement. That's what keeps the viewer tuned in, and the money stream going. Way more exciting to build up some tension, than to say "This is a blip, OU will smother them in the second half".

Sco
10/21/2011, 08:53 AM

Read his article again. He didn't predict OSU to win it - he's been predicting OU to win the conference all year.

He wrote an article explaining why OSU could win the conference, but he didn't pick them.