PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4S or iPhone5?

MsProudSooner
10/19/2011, 08:34 AM
I think I already know what sanantoniosooner would say!

I've had an iPhone3 GS for almost 2 years. Do I upgrade to an iPhone 4S or wait for an iPhone5? What are the benefits of each over my current phone?

Boomer.....
10/19/2011, 08:35 AM
The specs and timeline for the iPhone 5 is not known.

MsProudSooner
10/19/2011, 08:37 AM

Something like that has never stopped people from having an opinion before! ;)

Boomer.....
10/19/2011, 09:00 AM
If you had a 4, I would say wait. If you had a 3G, I would say get the 4GS. Since you have a 3GS, I would base it on how happy you still are with your current phone and the performance of it. My wife still has the 3GS and loves it. We were going to upgrade her to the new phone until it turned out to be a 4GS.

Petro-Sooner
10/19/2011, 09:02 AM
Get the 5. Cause it's greater than 4. Which is like better and what not.

MsProudSooner
10/19/2011, 09:33 AM
Get the 5. Cause it's greater than 4. Which is like better and what not.

Thank you, Pat Jones. :)

jumperstop
10/19/2011, 10:03 AM
Another iphone thread....gay. You better go with the 4s if you don't want to switch carriers. There's a rumor that the 5 is going to be an Sprint exclusive. Sprint threw down 20 billion for it apparently.

achiro
10/19/2011, 10:07 AM
I had the 3g, I upgraded to the 4s because I had already waited past the 4 last year(thinking it would be the 5). I don't regret it at all. I really like this phone a lot. My wife has the 3gs and is going to go ahead and get the 4s in Dec when she is able to. About the only issue I've seen is battery life isn't much better than my 3g was but I have heard that they should be able to tweak it with software upgrades.
I don't think a 5 will be out anytime soon like the haters keep saying but we'll see I guess.

Lott's Bandana
10/19/2011, 10:56 AM
^^^this^^^

AlboSooner
10/19/2011, 11:31 AM

June 2012. iPhone 5 was Steve's last hurrah.
It will be better than 4s
4s is basically 4 with Siri, and soon some in the JB community will release siri for the 4

MsProudSooner
10/19/2011, 11:32 AM
Another iphone thread....gay. You better go with the 4s if you don't want to switch carriers. There's a rumor that the 5 is going to be an Sprint exclusive. Sprint threw down 20 billion for it apparently.

Anyone else hear this rumor? I did notice that jumperstop posted it from his Android phone......;)

SoonerStud615
10/19/2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah I've heard that Steve was working hard on the iPhone 5 up until the day before he died.

As for the Sprint rumor...I highly doubt that. Apple's riding on a boat made of money, every new carrier they have = more money. $20B may be able to get them exclusivity, but it seems unlikely to me, and not really in line with how Apple does things.

jumperstop
10/19/2011, 12:27 PM
Anyone else hear this rumor? I did notice that jumperstop posted it from his Android phone......;)

http://www.bgr.com/2011/10/03/sprint-guarantees-to-buy-over-20-billion-in-iphones-from-apple-launching-the-iphone-5-exclusively/

Don't know how legit the site is, but it's a possibility.

AlboSooner
10/19/2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah I've heard that Steve was working hard on the iPhone 5 up until the day before he died.

As for the Sprint rumor...I highly doubt that. Apple's riding on a boat made of money, every new carrier they have = more money. $20B may be able to get them exclusivity, but it seems unlikely to me, and not really in line with how Apple does things.

They made 1B, on the opening weekend of the 4. That's a boatload of dough.

Does Sprint really have 20B just laying around, willing to give it to one company?

jumperstop
10/19/2011, 12:42 PM

What do you mean not in line with how apple does things? They were exclusive with AT&T for how many years? I don't care to much for the iphone anyway so it doesn't matter to me either way, but $20 Billion is even a lot to Apple. If that is true, then I bet that could get them a few month exclusive for the phone.

SoonerStud615
10/19/2011, 12:57 PM
What do you mean not in line with how apple does things? They were exclusive with AT&T for how many years? I don't care to much for the iphone anyway so it doesn't matter to me either way, but $20 Billion is even a lot to Apple. If that is true, then I bet that could get them a few month exclusive for the phone.

I don't see them pulling the iPhone from the current carriers to give it to Sprint. It seems like a bad move. The AT&T exclusivity deal was because a) AT&T and Verizon were the only carriers "up to snuff" as far as network capabilities were concerned when the original iPhone launched and b)Verizon turned them down

And the other problem I have with this rumor is that the article suggests that it will be a WiMax device...yet all I keep hearing is that Sprint is dropping WiMax soon in favor of LTE.

soonerboomer93
10/19/2011, 01:41 PM

http://www.bgr.com/2011/10/03/sprint-guarantees-to-buy-over-20-billion-in-iphones-from-apple-launching-the-iphone-5-exclusively/

Don't know how legit the site is, but it's a possibility.

That's a post from October 3, speculating what they would announce on October 4th when they announced the 4s. That article is debunked already.