PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard about the KU center...

8timechamps
10/18/2011, 09:06 PM
Anyone know what happened to the kid that went down for KU Saturday (he was their Center)? They never said anything other than he had been taken to the hospital.

Soonerfan88
10/18/2011, 09:10 PM
He was back on the sidelines in street clothes later in the game.

8timechamps
10/18/2011, 09:12 PM
He was back on the sidelines in street clothes later in the game.

Just found info on him: Click Me (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/oct/16/ku-football-notebook/?football)

I guess I missed the update in the telecast.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/19/2011, 08:52 AM
Uhmm, if I recall correctly, there wasn't an update in the telecast. They only had a 2 person booth team.

Boomer.....
10/19/2011, 08:57 AM
I don't recall an update during the broadcast either. I read about it the next day in the paper.

JLEW1818
10/19/2011, 01:59 PM
those guys calling the game were sooo cool

prrriiide
10/19/2011, 03:05 PM
They only had a 2 dooshnozzle booth team.

FIFY

8timechamps
10/19/2011, 03:12 PM
Uhmm, if I recall correctly, there wasn't an update in the telecast. They only had a 2 person booth team.

I read somewhere last night (from a KU fan) that they were pissed because the announcers promised to keep updating the situation and didn't. So, I don't feel quite so old for missing the update...since it never happened.

SoonerNomad
10/19/2011, 06:10 PM
I remember feeling extremely worried about the kid and then never hearing any follow up, which I took as bad news. Thank goodness that assumption was wrong.

I also remember getting irritated that on the first play after the long delay the Sooners gave up the long TD on the busted play on 4th down and 1.

When players are laying on the ground with serious injuries I often wonder if the game is worth the risk, and then I see the next play and I am back into the game itself and while not forgetting about the injury, it is no longer stressing my enjoyment.

I think that makes me deranged.

8timechamps
10/19/2011, 06:13 PM
I remember feeling extremely worried about the kid and then never hearing any follow up, which I took as bad news. Thank goodness that assumption was wrong.

I also remember getting irritated that on the first play after the long delay the Sooners gave up the long TD on the busted play on 4th down and 1.

When players are laying on the ground with serious injuries I often wonder if the game is worth the risk, and then I see the next play and I am back into the game itself and while not forgetting about the injury, it is no longer stressing my enjoyment.

I think that makes me deranged.

In high school, I was in a game where a kid went down like that. It was early in the game, and I didn't recover until after half time. I'm sure it's hard for guys to jump right back into the action after something like that happens. Not just the tempo of the game being messed up, but the mental part of seeing a player go down, then trying to get right back into the fight is hard.