PDA

View Full Version : American Horror Story...

northspeter
10/18/2011, 05:05 PM
anyone watching this creepshow??? it has a Twin Peaks feel, super creepy... first episode was all over the place, strange and bizzaro... 2nd episode settled down a bit... i think its pretty good...

Boomer.....
10/18/2011, 07:32 PM
We've watched the first two and don't know what to think of it yet. We almost gave up, but we are going to stick it out a little longer. Very strange so far and we are into these kind of shows.

Wishboned
10/18/2011, 07:46 PM
I like it. Creepy. Strange. A little unsettling at times. At times it feels a little like The Shining.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

SicEmBaylor
10/18/2011, 07:50 PM
Twin Peaks was a great show.
Anyone played the game 'Alan Wake?' I picked it up hoping for that Twin Peaks vibe but it kind of let me down.

sooner ngintunr
10/18/2011, 10:38 PM
How'd you see the third episode already? I thought it airs tomorrow.

ouleaf
10/19/2011, 08:32 AM
It's been interesting show so far, but totally bizzare. Lots of weird and wacky stuff going on and there really isn't anything else like it on TV from what I know, so I think that will help it draw in more viewers.

jiminy
10/19/2011, 05:04 PM
Man, it freaks me out every time the hawt version of the maid is cozying up to the dad, and then someone else walks in and it's the old lady turning and giving them the evil eye. Because that happens to me ALL THE TIME

northspeter
10/19/2011, 05:46 PM
How'd you see the third episode already? I thought it airs tomorrow.

my bad, so much went on in that 1st episode it felt like 2...

northspeter
10/19/2011, 05:52 PM
the DS girl creeps me out... and the things her mother says about her, i can't believe are being said on TV...

sooner ngintunr
10/19/2011, 08:06 PM
the DS girl creeps me out... and the things her mother says about her, i can't believe are being said on TV...

Alot of things on this show have me saying, "they can do/say that on TV?" The cool thing about it being on FX is that the show will probably last a little while.

Jacie
10/20/2011, 10:37 AM
Right now the only thing that could derail this show is if the plot starts wandering all over instead of building towards something. So far, everything has contributed to telling us who everyone is, though with plenty of surprises left, but not their motivations. The weird people have to have a reason to be acting as they do besides being dead/creepy/angry or whatever.

There are enough troubled spirits in the place they could have titled it 113 Ghosts. Add Leah to the list.

Hard to choose between Constance and hot (as opposed to old) Moira as my favorite. They both bring it when they are in a scene.

We found out Moira is dead and buried in the backyard when creepy Larry held up the lace. Of course, we knew she was dead when Constance said, "Don't make me kill you again" and she implied it had to do with Moira messing around with her husband.

Interesting that the police detective saw hot Moira, not old Moira. It must be a guy thing.

As for things you didn't think you'd hear on tv, Constance: My movie career was over after I had the Mongoloid.

Things we still don't know but think so far:

Adelaide, the girl with Downs Syndrome, was a little girl in 1978, say 10 years old? She doesn't look like a 40-year old woman now.

Peter is some kind of monster but only when he is in the basement.

Constance is Peter's mother.

BudSooner
10/20/2011, 11:53 AM
This is truly one weird ****ing show.

northspeter
11/10/2011, 06:29 PM
it just keeps getting creepier... the opening school shooting scene from last night was very disturbing...

SicEmBaylor
11/10/2011, 06:36 PM
This show creeps me the hell out. It's definitely unlike anything else on TV.

cleller
11/10/2011, 06:41 PM
What network, any way to catch up?

northspeter
11/10/2011, 06:43 PM
FX... if you have cox you can catch up on demand...

SicEmBaylor
11/10/2011, 06:47 PM
Torrent are your friend. I never watch TV on TV anymore.

northspeter
11/10/2011, 07:19 PM
for being a ghost that killed a bunch of kids in a school shooting, this last episode also showed tate to be a good guy as well, when he prevented violet from overdosing... still no answer as to why he went mad... also it was apparent to me that constance was feeding the remains of adelaide to vivian...

cleller
11/10/2011, 07:54 PM
Torrent are your friend. I never watch TV on TV anymore.

I used to do alot of P2P football watching before I got Dish, and the FCC ruined things. Wonder where a person would find reliable torrents for something like this show?

If that rhetorical question is verbotten, just ignore it.

SicEmBaylor
11/10/2011, 08:16 PM
I used to do alot of P2P football watching before I got Dish, and the FCC ruined things. Wonder where a person would find reliable torrents for something like this show?

If that rhetorical question is verbotten, just ignore it.

eztv.it is absolutely fantastic. Fast speeds and great quality.

delhalew
11/12/2011, 10:04 AM
What network, any way to catch up?

There's always hulu. That's how I watch when I'm away from the house.

Viking Kitten
11/12/2011, 03:15 PM
It's interesting how the show incorporates many references to actual American horror stories, both historical and fictional. For example, there are characters named Tate and LaBianca, there is an obvious Columbine storyline, and Vivien's pregnancy is really taking on a "Rosemary's Baby" tone, what with the neighbors bringing over weird food and insisting she eat it. This is the first show that has hooked me in a long time. Very dark and creepy though.

hawaii 5-0
11/12/2011, 07:57 PM
My favorite line, from next door neighbor Jessica Lange when the maid catches her stealing jewelry from the house....

"Don't make me kill you again."

5-0

Jacie
11/13/2011, 11:28 AM
It's interesting how the show incorporates many references to actual American horror stories, both historical and fictional. For example, there are characters named Tate and LaBianca, there is an obvious Columbine storyline, and Vivien's pregnancy is really taking on a "Rosemary's Baby" tone, what with the neighbors bringing over weird food and insisting she eat it. This is the first show that has hooked me in a long time. Very dark and creepy though.

A cameo by an Alfred Hitchcock look-alike can't be far off.

BudSooner
11/13/2011, 11:39 AM
My wife is hooked on it, i've found it pretty interesting....at least when the hot redhead version of the maid shows up on there.

Heh.

northspeter
11/19/2011, 02:31 PM
i heard the other day... that the show is shot on the same set as Rosemary's Baby... very interesting considering... the murder suicide of the original owners early in this last episode was fairly shocking... it was just so brutal and cold... i looked at my girlfriend and just said... "holy sh!t... this show is effed up!!!" it never fails to shock me on a weekly basis....

StoopTroup
11/19/2011, 03:29 PM
eztv blows just like Baylor

Jacie
12/23/2011, 02:08 PM
Season ender was satisfying, a great message (dysfunctional family finds true happiness by dying and spending eternity as ghosts in the Murder House) and lead-in to next season (a psychopathic killer three year old).

So the kid is Tate's son (apparently, ghost semen is just as fertile in living people as living people semen). Since Tate is a psychopathic killer, it stands to reason his son would inherit daddy's psychosis as well as his looks (which means for you nature over nurture fans, it wasn't the way Constance raised him that made him what he is . . . the house might have had something to do with it if that is where he was conceived).

Interesting how even as ghosts, everyone must adhere to the same role they played in life (Moira won't be a servant to Vivian any longer since she no longer works for her).

Also noteworthy, none of the ghosts either can or will kill Constance (they had no problem hanging Ben from the bannister) and allowed her to take psychobaby Tate from Ben's girlfriend who wanted it for herself.

hawaii 5-0
12/23/2011, 02:16 PM
A very disturbing series.

I loved it.

5-0

ouleaf
12/23/2011, 03:53 PM
Thought the show started off well, then hit a snag the rest of the season, until the final few episodes and did a good job of setting up storylines for another season.

Wishboned
12/24/2011, 04:32 PM
From what I've read the next season will be a completely new setting with new characters.

hawaii 5-0
12/24/2011, 04:58 PM
From what I've read the next season will be a completely new setting with new characters.

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe it'll take place in somewhere weird, like Arkansas.

5-0

delhalew
12/25/2011, 12:04 AM
I still wonder why none of the ghosts never harm Constance. She is also one of precious few that lived in the house and survived. Instead of staying there, she moved next door? Effing weird.

Jacie
12/25/2011, 01:21 AM

Except for Constance and the baby-cum-psychopathic killer, the story was brought to a conclusion. It does seem it's getting a little crowded in the Murder House. If the location doesn't change, I would guess the writers will introduce an exorcist or ghost hunter who can cull some of the spirits (I count 20 but probably missed some) out of the house. Given the level of character development that is in-place now, it would be a shame to toss it and start over with a new cast.

SouthFortySooner
12/27/2011, 04:14 PM
Thought the show started off well, then hit a snag the rest of the season, until the final few episodes and did a good job of setting up storylines for another season.

"Now what am I going to do with you?"

northspeter
1/1/2012, 01:04 PM
the final 3 episodes were awesome... the best of the season!!!