PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead Season 2 Debriefing Thread

Pages : [1] 2

soonerhubs
10/18/2011, 05:54 AM
Anyone else enjoying the adventures of Rick Grimes et al., as they leave Atlanta?

AMC just doesn't disappoint.

Boomer.....
10/18/2011, 07:15 AM
I love the show. Just watched the first episode of season 2 last night (DVR).

Breadburner
10/18/2011, 09:31 AM
If you had un-protected sex with a hot zombie chick would you get it........

Pricetag
10/18/2011, 10:03 AM
I'm glad it's back on. I've read all the comics since the end of last season, so I had to readjust to the TV version.

Jacie
10/18/2011, 01:50 PM
As a fan of TWD I was mildly disappointed in the season 2 premiere, too much time spent looking for the little girl, too much time listening to everyone take a turn in the pew. It was a waste of the extra half hour IMO . . .

GDC
10/18/2011, 02:49 PM
Yes, I agree. I almost fell asleep.

8timechamps
10/18/2011, 06:52 PM
I was sick Sunday, so I caught up with the series.

Awesome show!

I want to know what Dr. Jenner said just before they left the CDC (as I'm sure everyone wants to know). I too thought they spent too much time searching for the girl, but there were some good parts. I was expecting a walker to come out of the woods at the end, certainly wasn't expecting the gunshot.

8timechamps
10/24/2011, 04:31 PM
Good episode last night. Though, they are dragging the missing girl out a bit too long.

I thought T-Dog was going to go crazy and steal the RV...I likes me some T-Dog.

ouleaf
10/25/2011, 08:41 AM
Finally caught up and it has been pretty good. What I thought was the most ridiculous though had to be when the first stopped the RV after radiator gave out. I forget the old guy's name, but he was up on top of the roof looking around for any walkers and then out of no where the huge hoard of walkers shows up about a hundred yards away. How do you not see that coming from further out?

Serge Ibaka
10/25/2011, 05:15 PM
T-Dog is clearly infected, right?

I know that he wasn't bit. But maybe it got into his blood somehows when they threw that carcass on him to hide from the herd.

8timechamps
10/25/2011, 05:38 PM
Finally caught up and it has been pretty good. What I thought was the most ridiculous though had to be when the first stopped the RV after radiator gave out. I forget the old guy's name, but he was up on top of the roof looking around for any walkers and then out of no where the huge hoard of walkers shows up about a hundred yards away. How do you not see that coming from further out?

Yeah, that was pretty bad. Also, why were they "on the lookout" for the herds when they first stopped, but haven't even mentioned it since? I guess when it's a show about zombies, logic kind of takes a back seat.

8timechamps
10/25/2011, 05:39 PM
T-Dog is clearly infected, right?

I know that he wasn't bit. But maybe it got into his blood somehows when they threw that carcass on him to hide from the herd.

You'd think rubbing a zombie on an open wound would be a bad thing. I think he's infected.

Pricetag
10/26/2011, 12:28 AM
I think if those bodies they hid under had been infected, they'd have been moving. I think those were just normal corpses. There's no telling what was on that car that he cut himself on, though. I never considered that he might have gotten it. I guess we'll have to see how he does once the antibiotics kick in.

northspeter
10/26/2011, 05:38 PM
i dont think he's infected... they cant kill off the only black person until they find the one from the pilot episode...

Jacie
10/26/2011, 05:57 PM
The zombie virus kicks in pretty quick, so if he were infected, he'd have already become a walker.

Overall, a much better episode than the season premiere.

Jacie
10/31/2011, 08:55 AM
Shane using his last bullet to shoot Otis in the leg making him zombie bait . . . I don't recall seeing that in any other undead movie ever and kind of like that joke about outrunning a bear.

He already told Andrea we was going to leave the group, now he has to leave. He's toxic and knows it.

8timechamps
10/31/2011, 08:58 PM
Shane using his last bullet to shoot Otis in the leg making him zombie bait . . . I don't recall seeing that in any other undead movie ever and kind of like that joke about outrunning a bear.

He already told Andrea we was going to leave the group, now he has to leave. He's toxic and knows it.

He has an evil streak in him...thinking back to the CDC. He was ready to kill Otis when he shot Carl, so it wasn't too surprising. I don't think he leaves (mostly because he's such a big part of the show).

The T-Dawg thing ended up disappointing. I was kinda hoping he was going to go gangsta-zombie and do work...but he seems fine. I'm really tired of the missing girl...move on already.

I find Andrea kinda hot, am I alone? (See, even in a zombie apocalypse, I'm thinking about women!)

colleyvillesooner
11/1/2011, 07:45 AM
Apparently, the 20% budget cut has lead to less Zombies, and more talky. I too hope they end the lost girl arc soon. Liking it so far, as much as season 1.

Boomer.....
11/1/2011, 07:56 AM
The missing girl is taking way too long. I don't know how, but I bet they find her unharmed.

Pricetag
11/1/2011, 09:29 AM
He has an evil streak in him...thinking back to the CDC. He was ready to kill Otis when he shot Carl, so it wasn't too surprising. I don't think he leaves (mostly because he's such a big part of the show).

The T-Dawg thing ended up disappointing. I was kinda hoping he was going to go gangsta-zombie and do work...but he seems fine. I'm really tired of the missing girl...move on already.

I find Andrea kinda hot, am I alone? (See, even in a zombie apocalypse, I'm thinking about women!)
I wouldn't call what Shane did evil. Had he used that last bullet to kill a zombie, he and Otis both would have been killed, and by extension, Carl, too. It was cold, but rational--he traded one life for two. He clearly struggled with it in the aftermath. I like the way they've treated Shane in the series. He's made some mistakes and done some wrong, and it's obvious he has the possibility of going over the deep end, but he's a better man in the series than in the comics.

You are not alone. Andrea is an attractive woman.

8timechamps
11/1/2011, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't call what Shane did evil. Had he used that last bullet to kill a zombie, he and Otis both would have been killed, and by extension, Carl, too. It was cold, but rational--he traded one life for two. He clearly struggled with it in the aftermath. I like the way they've treated Shane in the series. He's made some mistakes and done some wrong, and it's obvious he has the possibility of going over the deep end, but he's a better man in the series than in the comics.

Maybe not evil, but he's definitely fighting with some internal demons. It's hard not to like the guy, and he didn't ask to be in the position he's in., but I think you're right, he has the ability to go off the deep end.

Never read the comics, but the story has been really good so far.

Serge Ibaka
11/1/2011, 06:35 PM

I think that's pretty speculative. This was the most "shocking" moment of the series thus far, and I appreciate the sentiment. It was disturbing though. Maybe they both could have made it.

northspeter
11/2/2011, 05:10 PM
shane is a bad guy... dont know anything about the comic books... but in this series he's a bad dude... he's had some relationship with his best friends wife, i suspect before the injury... he beat the one ladies husband nearly to death... then kills otis, just so he can get away... shaving his head and giving that crazy look in the mirror leads me to believe he's gonna turn on some more of the survivors before this season ends...

8timechamps
11/2/2011, 06:11 PM
shane is a bad guy... dont know anything about the comic books... but in this series he's a bad dude... he's had some relationship with his best friends wife, i suspect before the injury... he beat the one ladies husband nearly to death... then kills otis, just so he can get away... shaving his head and giving that crazy look in the mirror leads me to believe he's gonna turn on some more of the survivors before this season ends...

I forgot about him beating the dude. I don't think he had anything going on with Lori prior to the apocalypse, but I do think the thoughts had been there. If you think about it though, everything he's done bad (except for his aggressive behavior toward Lori at the CDC) was "the right thing" to do:

Beating the dude: The dude beat his wife and I think was abusing his daughter.
Killing Otis: Figured neither one would make it back with the supplies, so sacrificed Otis so he could escape.
Having an affair with Lori: Tried to get Rick out of the hospital, but when that failed, rescued Lori and Carl...then the romance started.

But, I think you're right...shaving his head and having the menacing look in the mirror...flashes of what's to come?

In any event, I just hope they settle the missing girl issue this week. It's become frustrating. Plus, I'm ready for them to move on.

northspeter
11/2/2011, 06:16 PM
i agree about the missing girl... and that in appearance, those things were the right thing to do... but i still think something was going on with lori prior... they even had a weird look during the flashback scene to where he told her Rick was in the hospital...

8timechamps
11/2/2011, 06:26 PM
i agree about the missing girl... and that in appearance, those things were the right thing to do... but i still think something was going on with lori prior... they even had a weird look during the flashback scene to where he told her Rick was in the hospital...

Funny, the first thing I thought about (when I read your post about how something might have been going on with them in the past) was the way he acted when he told her about Rick being shot. You may be on to something there...

ouwasp
11/3/2011, 12:29 AM
Well, I'm tired of Andrea. Toughen up, buttercup! Ready for her and Shane to hit the road. The Sofia/Sophia missing girl has already worn thin... how long will this angle get milked?

Glen (asian guy) is cool.

soonerhubs
11/3/2011, 08:50 AM
That most recent episode blew my mind. My favorite sequence was the scene of Shane and Otis running from the geeks while Rick tells the story of Shane as a High School prankster. That was filmography at its finest, IMHO.

soonerhubs
11/3/2011, 08:54 AM
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-sneak-peek-episode-204-cherokee-rose

Pricetag
11/3/2011, 11:42 AM
I forgot about him beating the dude. I don't think he had anything going on with Lori prior to the apocalypse, but I do think the thoughts had been there. If you think about it though, everything he's done bad (except for his aggressive behavior toward Lori at the CDC) was "the right thing" to do:

Beating the dude: The dude beat his wife and I think was abusing his daughter.
Killing Otis: Figured neither one would make it back with the supplies, so sacrificed Otis so he could escape.
Having an affair with Lori: Tried to get Rick out of the hospital, but when that failed, rescued Lori and Carl...then the romance started.

But, I think you're right...shaving his head and having the menacing look in the mirror...flashes of what's to come?

In any event, I just hope they settle the missing girl issue this week. It's become frustrating. Plus, I'm ready for them to move on.
Yep, in several instances, Shane has done the "wrong" thing for the right reason. In a scenario like the one in the show, you have to have at least one person who is willing to do that.

I thought he shaved his head to cover the thin spot where Otis had ripped his hair out trying to hold on to him. I think Lori is the one who will eventually set him off. I don't think she asked him to stay for the reason he hopes.

Frozen Sooner
11/3/2011, 11:50 AM
The Walking Dead are not the zombies.

8timechamps
11/3/2011, 05:12 PM
Yep, in several instances, Shane has done the "wrong" thing for the right reason. In a scenario like the one in the show, you have to have at least one person who is willing to do that.

I thought he shaved his head to cover the thin spot where Otis had ripped his hair out trying to hold on to him. I think Lori is the one who will eventually set him off. I don't think she asked him to stay for the reason he hopes.

Yep. In her mind, I think she was feeling a moment of relief and was thankful that he had gotten back with the supplies. In his mind, there's still some kind of skewed hope.

Serge Ibaka
11/3/2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-sneak-peek-episode-204-cherokee-rose

Bad***.

soonerhubs
11/4/2011, 12:45 AM
Bad***.. Pretty intense! I love the awkwardness of that scene. The suppression of guilt he's portraying has had me rethinking my initial views of his acting skills.

northspeter
11/7/2011, 07:25 PM
she's preggo and it's not rick's...

ouwasp
11/9/2011, 12:57 AM
Spoilers?:

The posters on imdb think Herschel is keeping zombified family/friends in the barn. Guess this was in the comic...goodness knows how long it will take for that to be discovered. Wonder if Sophia is a barn guest?

Boomer.....
11/9/2011, 08:32 AM
I definitely think the baby is Shane's. I wish they would find the girls dead or alive and move on. It been dragging on way too long.

soonerhubs
11/9/2011, 08:41 AM
I definitely think the baby is Shane's. I wish they would find the girls dead or alive and move on. It been dragging on way too long.

Totally agree! Also, my wife predicted the zombie's problems at the top of the well long before it happened.

8timechamps
11/9/2011, 04:28 PM
ONE zombie in the entire episode, and they didn't really have to come in contact with it. Last night was one of the most boring episodes of the series. It was nice to see the Asian dude get some action, but it certainly wasn't important to the storyline.

I've officially decided the best thing that can come of the missing girl is that she comes back as a zombie and attacks her own mom. Otherwise, they made a mistake in dragging it out so long.

To me, the most interesting part of the episode was the old man telling Rick that there were things he couldn't and wouldn't talk about, but he would think about letting the group stay longer....WTF? Is he running experiments in the basement? Is he infected? Is he gay? Interesting.

Looks like the redneck brother comes back next week....that'll make for a good episode.

Pricetag
11/9/2011, 04:44 PM
Shane's speech about Otis' death was greatness.

Reading the comics makes some of these slower-looking episodes much more tolerable. There were a few things in this last episode which are really significant signs of things to come, depending upon how closely the show follows, that don't look like much on the surface.

8timechamps
11/9/2011, 07:22 PM
Shane's speech about Otis' death was greatness.

Reading the comics makes some of these slower-looking episodes much more tolerable. There were a few things in this last episode which are really significant signs of things to come, depending upon how closely the show follows, that don't look like much on the surface.

The speech was epic.

It seemed like the episode was laying a lot of groundwork for the future...so, I can't wait to see where things go.

GDC
11/9/2011, 08:56 PM
Totally agree! Also, my wife predicted the zombie's problems at the top of the well long before it happened.

I thought his head would come off first.

Serge Ibaka
11/9/2011, 09:07 PM
I thought his head would come off first.

I just didn't see the point of the entire well-scene. Why not just leave him down there (or shoot him)? If they didn't want the water contaminated: it was obvious that homie was already bleeding, and who was going to test if it was safe, anyway?

The gross factor was neat though.

soonerhubs
11/9/2011, 09:59 PM

Here here!

8timechamps
11/9/2011, 10:41 PM
I just didn't see the point of the entire well-scene. Why not just leave him down there (or shoot him)? If they didn't want the water contaminated: it was obvious that homie was already bleeding, and who was going to test if it was safe, anyway?

EXACTLY! Who in the hell is going to drink zombie water anyway? Once the zombie was in the water, that would have pretty much done it for me.

Pricetag
11/10/2011, 01:35 AM
I thought it was funny after it was all over, and T-Dog, I think, said, "Good thing we didn't do something stupid like shooting it."

stoopified
11/13/2011, 03:42 PM
Now the hell did the zombie get in the well in the 1st place?

Jacie
11/13/2011, 04:24 PM

Apparently, you never watched Lassie . . .

8timechamps
11/13/2011, 04:56 PM

I was assuming he just stumbled in, but come to think of it, wasn't there some kind of cover on the well? Maybe he was a little zombie egg, and hatched in there.

Serge Ibaka
11/13/2011, 06:01 PM
I was assuming he just stumbled in, but come to think of it, wasn't there some kind of cover on the well? Maybe he was a little zombie egg, and hatched in there.

If I remember right, the wood-cover on the well had been significantly broken.

I'm not sure why a zombie would do that, but still...

Pricetag
11/13/2011, 09:05 PM
Has anyone read World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War? In it, people have to stay away from bodies of water because zombies are walking around on the bottom.

GDC
11/13/2011, 09:57 PM
Has anyone read World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War? In it, people have to stay away from bodies of water because zombies are walking around on the bottom.

Awesome book!

Serge Ibaka
11/13/2011, 11:08 PM
I wish Andrea would just die already.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/13/2011, 11:23 PM
If I remember right, the wood-cover on the well had been significantly broken.

I'm not sure why a zombie would do that, but still...

Foreshadowing, I'm thinking.

Zombie trapped in a well, and bingo. Tonight's episode shows why Rick's group isn't as safe as they may think. Walkers right in their backyard and they didn't even know it until it was almost too late, just like the well.

Good stuff tonight. Very well done. If they keep it up like this, the prison and the Governor is gonna be amazing.

Pricetag
11/14/2011, 12:18 AM
The barn discovery was brilliant.

They really took the **** out of Andrea tonight, didn't they? I was hating her after she shot Daryl. He's the only non-comics character worth a dang.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/14/2011, 01:37 PM
I'm hoping to hell that Daryl is the show's equivalent of Michonne. Bad *** with a crossbow is so much better than bad *** with a sword.

ouleaf
11/14/2011, 02:04 PM
Good episode last night despite them still not finding the little girl. That's getting annoying.

Andrea also annoying. The old guy was right to not trust her with a gun earlier.

Pricetag
11/14/2011, 03:21 PM
The shots of them napalming Atlanta at the very beginning were sweet. How terrifying would it have been up on that hill watching them burning the streets like that because they were full of zombies?

8timechamps
11/14/2011, 03:33 PM
I didn't get to watch last night's episode until the encore showing, so I was almsot too tired to comprehend it. But, it was a great episode. Maybe you just have to enjoy the zombie genre, but this is the best show on TV right now. And it seems like they have a ton of material to cover in the future.

Anyway, WTF is the deal with the walkers in the barn? Are these family members that the old man didn't have the heart to put down? Towns people? Obviously they knew they were there. Can't wait for next week.

For those of you that have read the graphic novel, what's the name of it? Also, I've never read any zombie-fiction, and the book mentioned above (World War Z) sounds pretty good, if I were looking for a good zombie book, what's the best one to start with?

Tulsa_Fireman
11/14/2011, 04:00 PM
The Walking Dead by Image Comics.

There's trade paperbacks and hardcover compilations out there.

soonerhubs
11/14/2011, 04:42 PM

It's too bad there's not an online version of these comics. I'd even pay for 'em. :)

Tulsa_Fireman
11/14/2011, 04:43 PM
There is, you dirty pirate. ;)

You just have to know where to look.

soonerhubs
11/14/2011, 04:50 PM
There is, you dirty pirate. ;)

You just have to know where to look.

Aye, Matey! I just found it!

http://www.comixology.com/digital/series/785/The-Walking-Dead

:) For the record, I do not download movies and books illegally. I'm not a fan of piracy.

Pricetag
11/14/2011, 05:11 PM
Has anyone used that comixology site? Is it legit? I've been struggling mightily with my urge to read this book versus my desire to not have my son read it.

soonerhubs
11/14/2011, 05:23 PM
Has anyone used that comixology site? Is it legit? I've been struggling mightily with my urge to read this book versus my desire to not have my son read it.

I just bought the 1st volume for 9 bucks via the iPad app. It seems to be legit.

I'm enjoying it so far.

I Am Right
11/14/2011, 05:42 PM
Cant drink the water for fear of infection, but will lay Zombie body parts on their open wounds.

I Am Right
11/14/2011, 05:44 PM
They will use knives to fight off Zombies, but will overlook a loaded M-16. Maybe they need a
concealed weapon license?

soonerhubs
11/14/2011, 05:51 PM

Feel free to start a Walking Dead Debunking Thread, but in the mean time, would you mind keeping those comments out of this one?

Thanks!

Tulsa_Fireman
11/14/2011, 06:09 PM
They will use knives to fight off Zombies, but will overlook a loaded M-16. Maybe they need a
concealed weapon license?

They've established early on in the mythos that gunfire attracts zombies. Any loud enough noises to be heard over a distance, which really pinches their use of firearms. It's one of the dynamics Kirkman put in to really focus on the survival aspects of the series, not just a bunch of well-armed rednecks zooming across the countryside guns-a-blazin'.

I Am Right
11/14/2011, 06:13 PM
I think I would just carry a lot of ammo, and run fast, the Zombies are slow, unless you run into the 28 days later zombies.

I Am Right
11/14/2011, 06:14 PM
Feel free to start a Walking Dead Debunking Thread, but in the mean time, would you mind keeping those comments out of this one?

Thanks!

Geeez

soonerhubs
11/14/2011, 06:19 PM
Geeez

No biggie. Just asking a favor. I would truly appreciate it.

GDC
11/14/2011, 06:21 PM
The Marvel Zombies series is darn entertaining, imo. They should make a movie of it.

Frozen Sooner
11/14/2011, 06:25 PM

Comixology is 100% legit.

8timechamps
11/14/2011, 07:43 PM

Sweet.

Thanks!

northspeter
11/14/2011, 08:46 PM
Cant drink the water for fear of infection, but will lay Zombie body parts on their open wounds.

again those weren't zombies... simply dead bodies...

Fraggle145
11/14/2011, 09:29 PM
Andrea is a dumb stupid c*nt. I want her to get killed so effing bad. And I know she wont. MOTHER *****R!!!

soonerhubs
11/14/2011, 09:31 PM
Lori is a dumb stupid c*nt. I want her to get killed so effing bad. And I know she wont. MOTHER *****R!!!

My wife feels the same way about Andrea. This last episode looks to set up some good action next week. It BETTER! :)

I Am Right
11/14/2011, 09:33 PM
Actually, I think her child will be born a zombie

Fraggle145
11/14/2011, 09:43 PM
My wife feels the same way about Andrea. This last episode looks to set up some good action next week. It BETTER! :)

I just hate her so much. She makes me angry. Like yelling angry. ****ing dumb *** no listening POS.

Also they are draggggggggggggiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggg this little girl angle out as long as they can. And it sucks. find her and then lets go to crazy land with Hershel et al. already.

8timechamps
11/14/2011, 11:18 PM
I just hate her so much. She makes me angry. Like yelling angry. ****ing dumb *** no listening POS.

Also they are draggggggggggggiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggg this little girl angle out as long as they can. And it sucks. find her and then lets go to crazy land with Hershel et al. already.

Yeah, it's waaaaay past time for it to be over. I liked Andrea for a while, now she's just annoying. Maybe she'll get better now that she's ****ed up.

For those that have read the comic, was the missing girl strung out this long?

Pricetag
11/14/2011, 11:59 PM
Sophia never went missing in the comics.

ouwasp
11/15/2011, 12:38 AM
Sophia never went missing in the comics.

Yeah, well I read the actrees playing Sophia took a leave of absence to shoot a movie. Plus, just think how cheap the production costs must be keeping the show centered on the farm/woods. Getting tiresome. I understand there will be a two-month break after episode 6. Maybe by February they can break away from Herschel's zombie-motel farm...

Pricetag
11/15/2011, 12:58 AM
Dadgummit! I hate those mid-season hiati. Momentum killers is all they are. I'll never forget what one did to "Jericho."

ouleaf
11/15/2011, 09:30 AM
Dadgummit! I hate those mid-season hiati. Momentum killers is all they are. I'll never forget what one did to "Jericho."

Jericho was another good show that never got it's due.

Jacie
11/15/2011, 12:46 PM
I think I would just carry a lot of ammo, and run fast, the Zombies are slow, unless you run into the 28 days later zombies.

Some of the ones where their legs or feet are messed up are slow but most of em can at least jog and I bet they don't get tired. They would run you down eventually. Shooting them is fine if there is only one or two of them but once you have to stop and reload you'd be a zombie feast. Shane's strategy got them to stop chasing him but that only works once.

Now what's up with the barn full of zombies? Are those Herschel's friends and relatives?

GDC
11/15/2011, 03:14 PM
I recently read the Zombie Survival Guide also.

northspeter
11/15/2011, 06:22 PM
never read the comics... but i assume since herschel is a sort of Dr. he's using the zombie barn as testing for a cure... just my thoughts...

I Am Right
11/15/2011, 06:39 PM
Interesting about the barn. Hmmmm

delhalew
11/16/2011, 12:27 PM

Yeah, **** Andrea with a pitchfork.

The saving grace of the never ending missing girl theme is, they are really using it to establish Daryl as another strong hero with big demons to battle.

delhalew
11/16/2011, 12:31 PM
Interesting about the barn. Hmmmm

Now you knows why the old bastard wants them gone so bad...well that and the fact that Rick's group is full of damaged lunatics that don't listen for ****.

Pricetag
11/16/2011, 01:08 PM
In that world, you're either a damaged lunatic, or you're looking to eat damaged lunatics.

delhalew
11/16/2011, 01:51 PM
In that world, you're either a damaged lunatic, or you're looking to eat damaged lunatics.

Touche.

delhalew
11/16/2011, 01:53 PM
Seriously though, I can tell I'm really gonna appreciate Daryl as a character.

GDC
11/16/2011, 03:37 PM
Darryl's wallet is the one that says "Bad Mother****er" on it...

delhalew
11/16/2011, 05:39 PM
Darryl's wallet is the one that says "Bad Mother****er" on it...

LMAO. I wish I had as much free time as some folks...

82Ug3A2w8rk

I Am Right
11/17/2011, 12:57 PM
The Brother with the missing hand will show up soon.

8timechamps
11/17/2011, 03:13 PM

Maybe, I think they'll just keep him around as a mental issue for Daryl to deal with.

I didn't like Daryl in season one (most people probably didn't)....remember his bike, didn't have a swastika or some nazi mark? Anyway, he's probably my favorite character now.

delhalew
11/17/2011, 03:47 PM
Maybe, I think they'll just keep him around as a mental issue for Daryl to deal with.

I didn't like Daryl in season one (most people probably didn't)....remember his bike, didn't have a swastika or some nazi mark? Anyway, he's probably my favorite character now.

That's part of his baggage. He was raised to be a racist redneck ****. It just didn't take.

8timechamps
11/17/2011, 05:14 PM
That's part of his baggage. He was raised to be a racist redneck ****. It just didn't take.

Yeah, I had figured that was the case (given his brother's mentality). I think I like him more because of the way he seems to be trying to be more than "everyone" thought he was.

Pricetag
11/17/2011, 05:20 PM
I also like him because Norman Reedus was in the Boondock Saints movies.

8timechamps
11/17/2011, 05:41 PM
I also like him because Norman Reedus was in the Boondock Saints movies.

Never see it, but I keep hearing it's pretty good (I know it's not a zombie flick).

delhalew
11/17/2011, 05:44 PM
Also, it occurred to me that that may be Merl's bike he was riding.

Serge Ibaka
11/17/2011, 06:38 PM
I've really enjoyed how much I have come to enjoy Darryl.

Are we assuming that the walker was just chewing on his boot (and he's safe)? I hope so. I don't want to go away yet.

If Andrea had killed him...omg. I woulda been pizzed.

I Am Right
11/17/2011, 06:41 PM
What we need to do is stand around and read a map! Boring

8timechamps
11/17/2011, 06:42 PM
Are we assuming that the walker was just chewing on his boot (and he's safe)? I hope so. I don't want to go away yet.

That's what I assumed. Of course the pain from the arrow could have been masking the pain for the walker.

delhalew
11/17/2011, 06:49 PM
That really threw me the way he was munching. He better not be bit.

ouwasp
11/17/2011, 11:27 PM
there was a huge spoiler pic posted for a short while on imdb this afternoon...it was quickly removed... but it was way cool....saved it on my work computer, but it won't copy/paste for some reason....

delhalew
11/18/2011, 12:29 AM
No spoilers for me thank you.

Pricetag
11/18/2011, 10:46 AM
Daryl strikes me as the kind of guy who would off himself rather than hiding a bite from everyone.

delhalew
11/18/2011, 01:59 PM
I agree. Given his current state, I was afraid he simple hadn't noticed yet.Arrow in the side, rolled down a cliff TWICE, delusions of his brother, drags his *** back to the farm, and gets shot by a whiny ****. You could miss a bite in the midst of all that.

Pricetag
11/18/2011, 02:06 PM
Heh, no doubt. It was a bad day for him.

northspeter
11/19/2011, 02:22 PM
im sure he's fine... he was checked out... he's in bed... im sure herchel wouldnt let him wear boots on those sheets...

I Am Right
11/20/2011, 10:18 AM
Isnt he out of arrows?

Pricetag
11/20/2011, 12:23 PM
He almost always retrieves the bolts and then wipes them off on his pant leg.

delhalew
11/20/2011, 01:46 PM
He lost his arrows. If he found them...I didn't see it.

Fraggle145
11/20/2011, 04:02 PM

I havnt read the comics, but some of the rumors swirling after the first season were that Merle was going to be strongly associated with the governor...

Pricetag
11/20/2011, 04:46 PM
He lost his arrows. If he found them...I didn't see it.
Oh, during the falls? I didn't notice that. I guess he has at least that one. Heh.

delhalew
11/20/2011, 08:07 PM
Oh, during the falls? I didn't notice that. I guess he has at least that one. Heh.

Yeah, lucky for him, he had one hanging out of his side. Heh.They actually showed him feeling around in the water looking for his quiver, to no avail.

It was that attention to detail that got me hooked in the pilot. He fired a weapons inside the tank, and nearly blew his ears out.

oklaclarinet
11/20/2011, 08:43 PM
there was a huge spoiler pic posted for a short while on imdb this afternoon...it was quickly removed... but it was way cool....saved it on my work computer, but it won't copy/paste for some reason....

Saw that pic as well - mixed feelings about it if it is true

GDC
11/21/2011, 03:07 PM
They've established early on in the mythos that gunfire attracts zombies. Any loud enough noises to be heard over a distance, which really pinches their use of firearms. It's one of the dynamics Kirkman put in to really focus on the survival aspects of the series, not just a bunch of well-armed rednecks zooming across the countryside guns-a-blazin'.

With all the target practice, so much for not shooting guns in order to not attract walkers...

Fraggle145
11/21/2011, 03:44 PM
Still want that blonde bitch to die.

Im really starting to like evil Shane. I liked how he put Dale in his place.

Pricetag
11/21/2011, 03:52 PM
Dale acted surprised when Shane bowed up at him. What the heck did he think was going to happen?

I fully expected Lori to lie to Rick after the "Is there anything else?" part. Rick handled it well, but the confirmation will change his dynamic with Shane.

GDC
11/21/2011, 04:37 PM
She thought he was dead. **** happens.

Trophy Husband
11/21/2011, 04:59 PM
Laurie Holden is hot, I'm glad she finally go some action last night.

northspeter
11/21/2011, 05:10 PM
i still feel it happened before they thought rick was dead... and maybe even carl, is shanes son... that why he's so close with him...

Pricetag
11/21/2011, 05:18 PM
In season one, in addition to his infatuation with Lori, Shane definitely coveted that role as a father figure in Carl's life.

Shane's glory years seem to have been when he was in high school. I think he looks at himself as a failure because he doesn't have something like Rick has.

8timechamps
11/21/2011, 05:32 PM
Last night's episode answered some questions for me, but (as "mid-season" finales will do), asked many more.

First, there's Dale. Sometimes I really like Dale, but sometimes he just seems like a "nosey neighbor". I think he has a crush on Andrea, and it showed in his jealous confrontation with Shane. What a weird conversation. Kinda like when you have thoughts swirling in your head, but that filter in your brain keeps them from slipping out...Dale didn't have that.

Rick: He hasn't done much of anything in the past few weeks. Yet, he's become the center of focus. I think there's still a hellstorm coming (over the Shane & Lori hookup), but they didn't leave much time for his reaction. It will definitely change the dynamic between he and Shane. However, Rick strikes me as the kind of guy that will not say anything to Shane, and it'll come out in an argument at some point.

Andrea/Shane: I figured this hook up would happen eventually. The question it brings up is how will Lori deal with it all? Is she going to have some kind of jealousy? I never felt like her and Andrea got along too well anyway. And Shane's character is getting a little darker each episode.

Once the word gets out that there are walkers in the barn, I think there's going to be a struggle over how to handle them. I can see Shane (and even Rick) wanting to "put them down"...and there's no doubt which side of the debate Daryl falls on.

Can we assume the little girl is dead now? I associate her character with "Newt", the little girl that was found at the outpost in Aliens. Somehow she managed to survive while others around her died. If they find her alive, that's how I envision her existence.

Then there's Glenn. He has slowly become one of my favorite characters. Is his girlfriend going to join the group when they eventually leave the farm? Is she going to be the voice in his ear that eventually persuades him to demand more respect from the group? And if so, how will that sit with a group that already has 3 alpha males?!

How long is the break between now and the resumption of the season?

northspeter
11/21/2011, 05:55 PM
Last night's episode answered some questions for me, but (as "mid-season" finales will do), asked many more.

First, there's Dale. Sometimes I really like Dale, but sometimes he just seems like a "nosey neighbor". I think he has a crush on Andrea, and it showed in his jealous confrontation with Shane. What a weird conversation. Kinda like when you have thoughts swirling in your head, but that filter in your brain keeps them from slipping out...Dale didn't have that.

Rick: He hasn't done much of anything in the past few weeks. Yet, he's become the center of focus. I think there's still a hellstorm coming (over the Shane & Lori hookup), but they didn't leave much time for his reaction. It will definitely change the dynamic between he and Shane. However, Rick strikes me as the kind of guy that will not say anything to Shane, and it'll come out in an argument at some point.

Andrea/Shane: I figured this hook up would happen eventually. The question it brings up is how will Lori deal with it all? Is she going to have some kind of jealousy? I never felt like her and Andrea got along too well anyway. And Shane's character is getting a little darker each episode.

Once the word gets out that there are walkers in the barn, I think there's going to be a struggle over how to handle them. I can see Shane (and even Rick) wanting to "put them down"...and there's no doubt which side of the debate Daryl falls on.

Can we assume the little girl is dead now? I associate her character with "Newt", the little girl that was found at the outpost in Aliens. Somehow she managed to survive while others around her died. If they find her alive, that's how I envision her existence.

Then there's Glenn. He has slowly become one of my favorite characters. Is his girlfriend going to join the group when they eventually leave the farm? Is she going to be the voice in his ear that eventually persuades him to demand more respect from the group? And if so, how will that sit with a group that already has 3 alpha males?!

How long is the break between now and the resumption of the season?

i read that its coming back in february... and its only 1 more episode... this season was only supposed to be 8 episodes long... next week is 7...

8timechamps
11/21/2011, 06:09 PM
i read that its coming back in february... and its only 1 more episode... this season was only supposed to be 8 episodes long... next week is 7...

That's right, I keep thinking last night was the mid-season finale. We get one more...

delhalew
11/22/2011, 12:14 AM
Dale ****ed up...again.

Serge Ibaka
11/22/2011, 01:25 AM
Dale doesn't crush on Andrea. He just feels fatherly, and the hook-up made him feel uncomfortable. And so he acted fatherly (telling Shane to leave) without really know why or considering the senselessness of his feelings. Dale can certainly be annoying, but those old-man feelings are an important dynamic for the group; he'll keep everybody together at any cost (unless it means expelling Shane, of course. But I'd be willing to bet that Dale apologizes to Shane in the next episode...peace is in his nature).

I'm impressed by Rick's reaction at the end. He's thoughtful, and he understands; he's always been cool-headed. He probably deserves better than Lori. Regardless of everything, Shane does love and respect Rick more than anybody (it's his only redeemable quality). I think that Lori will drive more drama regarding this situation than either of the men (she's so whiny!).

I've really enjoyed how the characters have grown since they've arrived to the farm. Less action, but totally interesting I think. It'll hold the show in place until they move on and the mystery/thriller elements can come to the forefront again.

Why so little T-Dog?!

Fraggle145
11/22/2011, 02:47 AM
Why so little T-Dog?!

Probably because T-Dog sucks almost as bad as Andrea (at least right now IMO). We'll have to see if he can do something cool to redeem himself. Getting all messed up kinda made him look like a little bitch to me. I cant imagine any way for Andrea to redeem herself to me. I want her to get eaten alive.

delhalew
11/22/2011, 08:45 AM
Probably because T-Dog sucks almost as bad as Andrea (at least right now IMO). We'll have to see if he can do something cool to redeem himself. Getting all messed up kinda made him look like a little bitch to me. I cant imagine any way for Andrea to redeem herself to me. I want her to get eaten alive.

Learning to shoot and getting wet from capping zombies was a good start for me. If she can go a while without pissing me off, I might start to like her.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/22/2011, 10:53 AM
Why so little T-Dog?!

Because T-Dog is a one-note filler.

If they're going to try to develop him into a Tyreese analog, they better get to crackin' because they got a LOOOONG way to go. I loved Tyreese and miss him as a character more than just about anyone in the comic. I can't help but wonder with Darrell's recent concussed hallucination if they're simply letting T-Dog sit in the wings pending a redneck vs. black guy explosion or if Merle ends up being alive, that being the driver to bringing him back into the forefront. That'd be surprising to say the least and actually kinda unwelcome. Race relations amidst the zombie apocalypse? Ghey.

You hate me 'cause I'm black! Yeah. You're a redneck! You're a [censored]. Okay, now that it's settled, I'm going to try to not be eaten by a zombie. Good idea, me too.

I can't believe the Andrea hate. She finally came into her own last episode. Conquered her demons, found her talent, and became that cold-blooded crackshot they've been building her up to. Loved the scene in the neighborhood where the camera focused on her outside the car and everything just got quiet. That breakover where she got it. But it was set-up beautifully all the way back from "death by screwdriver" and "I suck with guns" to now. And that's what's great about the show. Cause and effect, and how they use it to develop characters. Daryl rocks a crossbow because he's familiar with it and it's quiet. Crossbow almost kills him. Dale's relationship with Andrea. Shane protecting Carl and Lori. The baby. So many plot lines going at one time with the potential of so much, it's crazy.

delhalew
11/22/2011, 11:04 AM
I'll go a step further with Andrea. She now has a literal bloodlust. She learned how turn everything off, and just kill. That could be fun.

Plus, I can't overstate appreciation for a hot girl that learns the art of blowing brains out, and is immediatly compelled to ****...good stuff.

Fraggle145
11/22/2011, 04:21 PM
I can't believe the Andrea hate. She finally came into her own last episode.

She has been a whiny titbag of fail for over a season and a half. She wanted to kill herself and almost did. She almost killed the coolest character on the whole show in Darryl after being repeatedly told not to fire. She acts like a ****ing 5 year old girl when something doesnt go her way she whines about it for at least half of the episode if not the next two episodes. I want my gun, I want my gun, I want my gun, I want my gun, I want my gun, Nobody understands, I wanted to kill myself Daddy and you didnt let me WAHHHHHHHH!!!!! ****ing shut the **** up.

You cant just undo that in one episode with a little gunplay, crotch-gabbing, and stank *****.

ouwasp
11/22/2011, 05:10 PM
I don't care for Andrea either, but bet she's in it for the long haul. Somebody above said they thought season 2 consisted of 8 episodes. I think 13 it the accurate number, pretty sure I read that somewhere.

delhalew
11/22/2011, 05:55 PM
She has been a whiny titbag of fail for over a season and a half. She wanted to kill herself and almost did. She almost killed the coolest character on the whole show in Darryl after being repeatedly told not to fire. She acts like a ****ing 5 year old girl when something doesnt go her way she whines about it for at least half of the episode if not the next two episodes. I want my gun, I wanut my gun, I want my gun, I want my gun, I want my gun, Nobody understands, I wanted to kill myself Daddy and you didnt let me WAHHHHHHHH!!!!! ****ing shut the **** up.

You cant just undo that in one episode with a little gunplay, crotch-gabbing, and stank *****.

I'm hoping we are seeing the end of her being such a pain in the ***.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/22/2011, 06:03 PM
If she turns into Comic Andrea, she's a ten pound bad *** in a five pound sack. Cross your fingers.

8timechamps
11/22/2011, 06:41 PM
Dale doesn't crush on Andrea. He just feels fatherly, and the hook-up made him feel uncomfortable. And so he acted fatherly (telling Shane to leave) without really know why or considering the senselessness of his feelings. Dale can certainly be annoying, but those old-man feelings are an important dynamic for the group; he'll keep everybody together at any cost (unless it means expelling Shane, of course. But I'd be willing to bet that Dale apologizes to Shane in the next episode...peace is in his nature).

I'm impressed by Rick's reaction at the end. He's thoughtful, and he understands; he's always been cool-headed. He probably deserves better than Lori. Regardless of everything, Shane does love and respect Rick more than anybody (it's his only redeemable quality). I think that Lori will drive more drama regarding this situation than either of the men (she's so whiny!).

I've really enjoyed how the characters have grown since they've arrived to the farm. Less action, but totally interesting I think. It'll hold the show in place until they move on and the mystery/thriller elements can come to the forefront again.

Why so little T-Dog?!

You're probably right, and Dale is acting on "fatherly" instinct, but I think Andrea feels (or at the very least was confused) that Dale is overbearing. Remember the episode on the highway, when she told Dale she wasn't his "daughter, wife, or problem"? I'm not convinced that he doesn't have a crush. Not that it's essential for the story either way.

I agree that the story the past couple of episodes, while slow in action, has gone a very long way in character development. Kind of the calm after the initial storm.

It seems that T-Dog is going to be a fringe character, at least for now. I find it kinda funny that he still has bandages on his arm, yet Carl is up and able to go to the firing range. Again, not that it's essential to drive the story, just something I noticed.

I don't like Lori. She's over dramatic about everything she does (not talking about the way the actress acts, because I think she is doing a great job), it's just the way the character is. She views herself as the highest ranking female, but can seem so weak...and whiny.

Another question I have, will the man (and his son) from the beginning (with Rick) ever meet up with the group? Or is that a non-starter? It seemed like they initially used Ricks conversations over the walkie-talkie as a narrative of sorts, but it's been absent the past few episodes.

delhalew
11/22/2011, 08:04 PM
I forgot his name too, but I hope the father and son return. For one, I really like the actor who plays the father, and he would be another strong character and ally to Rick.

ouwasp
11/22/2011, 10:36 PM
sorry del...

delhalew
11/22/2011, 10:50 PM
Uhhg. I'm begging you guys who have read the comic to stop dropping nuggets. Believe it or not, that innocuous comment is more than I want to know.

Pricetag
11/23/2011, 12:41 AM
I forgot his name too, but I hope the father and son return. For one, I really like the actor who plays the father, and he would be another strong character and ally to Rick.
Yep, Lennie James rules. He kicked *** as Robert Hawkins on "Jericho." I exclaimed when he popped up early on in this show.

Pricetag
11/23/2011, 12:44 AM
Here's a pretty funny take on Rick Grimes' radio etiquette.

WUxR-ELasrw

delhalew
11/23/2011, 08:37 AM
Lmao. That was good stuff! Thanks for that.

8timechamps
11/23/2011, 02:50 PM
Here's a pretty funny take on Rick Grimes' radio etiquette.

WUxR-ELasrw

Funny!

I Am Right
11/23/2011, 04:02 PM
Andrea gave it all away, now what are they going to do?

8timechamps
11/27/2011, 10:04 PM
Wow. Just wow.

They strung out Sophie missing just long enough...

Shane is off his rocker, but I'm not sure I wouldn't be the same way in that situation.

Pricetag
11/27/2011, 11:37 PM
What an ending. I was starting to get disappointed when she took awhile to come out. IMO, the barn culmination was better in the series than in the comics. Well done.

ouleaf
11/28/2011, 03:50 AM
Gaaahhhh can't believe we have to wait til February for new episodes. Fantastic episode! Shane leading the charge to the barn was awesome! I haven't read the novels, so the twist that Sophie was one of the walkers in the barn was awesome. I thought maybe the last one to come out was going to be Herschel's wife and he was going to end up shooting her. This was better though b/c it tied up the missing Sophie storyline finally.

Hopefully this new series Hell on Wheels can hold over in the meantime.

Pricetag
11/28/2011, 10:53 AM
Methinks they (especially Daryl) won't be too happy that Herschel knew they were looking for a little girl, and that he knew he had one in the barn.

I didn't think that Shane and Dale would both return from the swamp.

8timechamps
11/28/2011, 04:45 PM
Gaaahhhh can't believe we have to wait til February for new episodes. Fantastic episode! Shane leading the charge to the barn was awesome! I haven't read the novels, so the twist that Sophie was one of the walkers in the barn was awesome. I thought maybe the last one to come out was going to be Herschel's wife and he was going to end up shooting her. This was better though b/c it tied up the missing Sophie storyline finally.

Hopefully this new series Hell on Wheels can hold over in the meantime.

I haven't read the novels either, so the ending was a complete surprise to me. Amazing.

How's Hell on Wheels? It looked okay, but I haven't watched it.

8timechamps
11/28/2011, 04:48 PM
Methinks they (especially Daryl) won't be too happy that Herschel knew they were looking for a little girl, and that he knew he had one in the barn.

I didn't think that Shane and Dale would both return from the swamp.

I knew Dale wouldn't shoot Shane, but I was half-expecting Shane to off Dale. Shane is no longer drifting toward a dark place...he's arrived.

So is Glen's girlfriend going to join the group when they eventually move on? Surely they won't stay now, will they? Then again, there's not much reason for them to leave now either. I think Herschel is done.

I Am Right
11/28/2011, 05:14 PM
Good Show

Jacie
11/28/2011, 07:47 PM
Given that it took the entire mini season to deal with Sophia, I just about cheered out loud when she emerged from the barn as a walker.

Rick seemingly usurped by Shane when he released the captive walkers, reasserted his leadership by administering the coup de grace to Sophia.

The only difficult part of the episode to watch was the look on Herschel's face as his family and friends were gunned down in the orgy of violence that underlined the reasons for his dislike of guns on the property.

Hershcel's collapse makes me wonder if Maggie would leave him if/when the troupe decides to head for Fort Benning. I think he will have to die before that happens.

Perhaps the best thing about the mid-season finale is that unlike most "finales" it delivered more answers than questions, something the writers also did at the end of season 1 with the destruction of the CDC. Instead of hitting viewers over the head with a cliffhanger moment they finished what they started so there were no issues to resolve before moving on to the next chapter.

I Am Right
11/28/2011, 08:03 PM
Open carry to all

soonerhubs
11/28/2011, 09:26 PM
Spoiler alert--Picture

Just a great close for the midseason.

delhalew
11/28/2011, 10:15 PM
Whoa. That episode delivered the goods. Still enough open ended questions to keep your mind churning mercilessly till February, yet full frontal holy chit moment enough to be a good cap to the halfway point.

Safe to say Rick now knows that he is going to have a rather large Shane problem...the group may well splinter now. i just hope Rick doesn't start having problems with Carl. That will really bother me.

Eventually, I do see Maggie leaving with Glen. Something will cause them to leave. The farm is just too easy.

northspeter
11/28/2011, 10:19 PM
i think in the novels glen stays at the farm.. but im betting his girlfriend travels with the group... the next episode is called Nebraska... take that for what its worth...

Pricetag
11/28/2011, 10:27 PM
Yep, Rick had to put Sophia down. It was easy for them to take care of Hershel's folks, but I thought they were going to let her walk right up and kill someone when it was one of their own. I wonder if seeing them do it when it was obvious how hard it was might foster a little understanding with Hershel?

When Rick was negotiating with Hershel over the barn, I would have liked to have seen him bring up what they learned at the CDC about the brain function of the walkers, how none of the parts of the brain that make a person "who they are" are active. I wonder what kind of sway it would have had on a man of Hershel's conviction?

Was the spoiler pic that folks talked a bit about earlier in the thread zombified Sophia?

colleyvillesooner
11/29/2011, 08:52 AM
Yes, that was the spoiler pic.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/29/2011, 09:04 AM
Eventually, I do see Maggie leaving with Glen. Something will cause them to leave. The farm is just too easy.

Math quiz. Solve this formula.

Tons of gunshots + zombies attracted to loud noises like gunshots / proximity to the farm.

There's a reason they would drive away from the farm proper to practice. And no, this isn't necessarily a comic spoiler. Just makes sense. However, there's a zombie behavioral thing that's mentioned in the comic but hasn't been in the show so far (that I've seen, at least). There's a grouping characteristic where a walker going south and a walker going west cross paths, join one another in a common direction. This happens until next thing you know, you have a big group. Big group meets decent sized group and you've got a horde.

It'll be interesting to see if that's what comes into play.

delhalew
11/29/2011, 09:16 AM
It certainly seems likely that they would face a horde soon, but with the gates and the swamp, the farm is pretty defensible.

Pricetag
11/29/2011, 10:15 AM
How much fun would it have been to throw the chickens down into the barn without breaking their legs? Would it have caused the walkers inside to develop greasy fast speed?

dwarthog
11/29/2011, 11:18 AM
Math quiz. Solve this formula.

Tons of gunshots + zombies attracted to loud noises like gunshots / proximity to the farm.

There's a reason they would drive away from the farm proper to practice. And no, this isn't necessarily a comic spoiler. Just makes sense. However, there's a zombie behavioral thing that's mentioned in the comic but hasn't been in the show so far (that I've seen, at least). There's a grouping characteristic where a walker going south and a walker going west cross paths, join one another in a common direction. This happens until next thing you know, you have a big group. Big group meets decent sized group and you've got a horde.

It'll be interesting to see if that's what comes into play.

I thought they drove away from the farm for practice because Herschel didn't want guns around? (Noise attracting zombies concern aside)

Fraggle145
11/29/2011, 01:07 PM
Epic midseason finale. Now maybe we can get back on the move!

delhalew
11/29/2011, 02:20 PM
At some point, I anticipate a split with parallel timelines. I'm fairly impressed with their ability to make new characters compelling.

ouwasp
11/29/2011, 04:01 PM
Shane= loose cannon.....who would want to have him as the group leader?

Pricetag
11/29/2011, 04:57 PM
Shane= loose cannon.....who would want to have him as the group leader?
When you end up in a survival mode, an obsolete set of morals can get in the way. I can definitely see how Shane's unabashed "do what needs to be done" mentality could be appealing. Rick is the more likeable guy by a long shot, but having a likeable leader doesn't do much good if you're dead.

northspeter
11/29/2011, 05:24 PM
When you end up in a survival mode, an obsolete set of morals can get in the way. I can definitely see how Shane's unabashed "do what needs to be done" mentality could be appealing. Rick is the more likeable guy by a long shot, but having a likeable leader doesn't do much good if you're dead.

shane is not the leader you want... he's the leader that would sacrifice one of the group in order for himself to getaway... just like he did with otis... thats not leadership...

Pricetag
11/29/2011, 05:26 PM
True dat. Dale is the only one who suspects anything at this point, though. I wouldn't follow him, but I can see why some of the others would.

delhalew
11/29/2011, 06:10 PM
Dale put it perfectly. "At least I can say, when the world went to hell, I didn't let it take me down with it."

ouwasp
11/29/2011, 07:16 PM
When zombie Sophia was approaching the group, Shane hung his head. I can appreciate the humanity of the gesture. But Rick stepped up and shot her in the face... he did what had to be done. Now, if shooting Sophia would have gotten Shane back into Lori's pants, Shane would have grabbed a shotgun and emptied it into the zombie girl. Shane is the kinda guy that does what he sees will suit his needs and wants. I think I know what the writers will do with him...

Fraggle145
11/29/2011, 07:24 PM
I think Shane is providing some balance to the group. Sometimes you need the loose cannon to get some **** done that you want to do, but it isnt in your character to do. The barn is a great example of that. And the fact that Rick ended it shows that Rick still has Shane under his control.

8timechamps
11/29/2011, 07:26 PM
Dale put it perfectly. "At least I can say, when the world went to hell, I didn't let it take me down with it."

Better yet, when Dale told Shane he was "built for this world". I agreed, in that kind of environment, Shane is in his element. Kinda makes me think that Shane could have been easily pursueded to be a "bad cop" before the apocalypse.

ouwasp
11/29/2011, 07:54 PM
both the above are good points, imo

Serge Ibaka
11/29/2011, 08:35 PM
So everybody has to be pretty pissed off though, right. The farm-folk had to know it more than possible that the zombie-girl they dragged home was Sophia. But they let our friends scouer the countryside (and put themselves into danger) just to protect their secret.

Which makes sense, I guess. But what about after the group had found out: couldn't they have pulled Rick into the loft to check if it was Sophia? What di**s.

delhalew
11/29/2011, 09:39 PM
So everybody has to be pretty pissed off though, right. The farm-folk had to know it more than possible that the zombie-girl they dragged home was Sophia. But they let our friends scouer the countryside (and put themselves into danger) just to protect their secret.

Which makes sense, I guess. But what about after the group had found out: couldn't they have pulled Rick into the loft to check if it was Sophia? What di**s.

I will guarantee some folks will be more than a little pissed that Hershel didn't mention there was a little girl in there. Though including Rick in the wrangling of the walkers suggests he may have been considering it.

soonerhubs
11/30/2011, 04:38 PM
I will guarantee some folks will be more than a little pissed that Hershel didn't mention there was a little girl in there. Though including Rick in the wrangling of the walkers suggests he may have been considering it.

I thought the idea was that only Otis new about "rescuing" Sophia, so that's why everyone was so surprised and kept out of the loop. Blame SHANE! :)

Fraggle145
11/30/2011, 04:43 PM
I think another important thing that came out of this is that the group asserted itself as a force on the farm. If they want to say I dont think there is anyway that Hershel can make them leave now. Especially after concealing that there was a little girl in the barn.

Now another question I have: was Hershel concealing it because he was hoping he could fix the little girl? If so why was he trying to get them to leave?

cantwait48
11/30/2011, 05:38 PM
so are we going to start seeing zombie chickens with broken legs?

Serge Ibaka
12/1/2011, 03:12 AM
I just watched the last minutes of the last episode (beginning when Shane returns from the woods with the guns): so freaking good.

I really loved the entire part when Shane (and the group) first confronts the guys returning with the zombie-poles--Shane in all of his intensity (and Rick powerless, awkwardly holding that Walker back).

"WHY'S SHE STILL COMING!?"

Good stuff.

delhalew
12/1/2011, 08:23 AM
Calling out organs she no longer has...lol.

Caboose
12/1/2011, 08:36 AM
I think another important thing that came out of this is that the group asserted itself as a force on the farm. If they want to say I dont think there is anyway that Hershel can make them leave now. Especially after concealing that there was a little girl in the barn.

Now another question I have: was Hershel concealing it because he was hoping he could fix the little girl? If so why was he trying to get them to leave?

I think someone mentioned it, but they alluded to Hershal not being aware of it. When Hershal was taking Rick to round up the two zombies stuck in the swamp he mentioned that this was formally the job of Otis. This makes it plausible that Hershal didn't know there was a little girl in there, Otis having been killed with the knowledge.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/1/2011, 09:14 AM
Does anyone watch The Talking Dead? Kirkman himself said this was the case.

delhalew
12/1/2011, 09:24 AM
Does anyone watch The Talking Dead? Kirkman himself said this was the case.
I haven't watched Talking Dead, but that being Otis's responsibility won't keep Shane, and probably Daryl, from being mighty pissed.

8timechamps
12/1/2011, 03:53 PM
I haven't watched Talking Dead, but that being Otis's responsibility won't keep Shane, and probably Daryl, from being mighty pissed.

I hadn't even thought about how pissed off Daryl will be. Seeing as how he did almost die, and finding Sophia had become so personal to him.

Serge Ibaka
12/1/2011, 06:43 PM
I guess that they never really had the chance to discuss Sophia's being missing before Otis and Shane took off for the school (all of the attention was on Carl's medical needs)??

8timechamps
12/1/2011, 08:09 PM
It sure seemed like someone besides Otis would have known she was in the barn. I also thought Herschel (and family) knew everyone in the barn...or at least knew where they came from. Surely a zombie kid would stand out, especially given the fact that the group has spent their entire time on the farm searching for her.

Since we really don't know how long the group has been on the farm (a few days? A week? longer?), I suppose it's possible that it hadn't been communicated who they were looking for, just seems highly unlikely.

Now, in pure speculation, I'm thinking that a major event is coming. Shane is losing touch with a big part of the group, and they can't possibly continue on this way (with Lori already worried about him talking to Carl, Rick waiting to inevitably bring up the affair, and Dales major issues with him). Since we know that Shane isn't going to leave the show, something is going to have to happen to bring them all back together.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/1/2011, 09:07 PM
The boat sinks.

And Bruce Willis is actually dead.

SPOILER

Jacie
12/3/2011, 10:24 AM
so are we going to start seeing zombie chickens with broken legs?

The writers have already stated that the virus does not cross species . . .

Pricetag
12/3/2011, 10:34 AM
I watched "Extreme Home Makeover" last night, and the name of the family being helped was "Walker." Every time someone said "the Walkers," I couldn't help but expect a zombie to jump out.

GDC
12/3/2011, 03:02 PM
9OypVF7Lda8

soonerhubs
12/29/2011, 07:24 PM

I finished WWZ a few weeks ago, are Brooks' other books worth a look? Written in similar fashion?

TIA!

Pricetag
12/29/2011, 11:47 PM
That's the only one of his books I've read. I've heard good things about The Zombie Survival Guide, but I don't think it's a true narrative like WWZ.

delhalew
1/1/2012, 12:07 PM
My five year old daughter walked in the room during a zombies slaughter. Now she keeps begging me to let her watch Walking Dead...I did. My wife is pissed.:)

Pricetag
1/1/2012, 05:33 PM
Kudos to her if she doesn't have nightmares. I'm 37 years old, a huge fan of zombie fiction, and I get the occasional doozie.

colleyvillesooner
2/10/2012, 12:04 PM
New Episode this Sunday

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

Few good sneak peek videos there...

Pricetag
2/10/2012, 01:53 PM
Yes! Those first few Sunday nights after the hiatus started were brutal.

delhalew
2/12/2012, 12:03 AM
Did anyone notice that AMC has expanded TWD season 3 to a whopping 16 episodes?
http://m.examiner.com/the-walking-dead-in-national/the-walking-dead-season-3-expanded-to-16-episodes

Serge Ibaka
2/12/2012, 11:05 PM
So, what'd you guys think?

Pretty cool reintroduction, imo.

Pricetag
2/13/2012, 12:12 AM
The scene in the bar was very interesting. There were moments of real fellowship there between the two groups, but in the end, the two strangers couldn't and wouldn't take no for an answer, and you can understand why. Rick and the gang are in a very similar place with Hershel and his clan.

Rick was nails when he gunned them down. He even double-tapped the fat dude.

Whet
2/13/2012, 07:15 AM
Have they ever figured out what the black smoke creature is all about?

Whet
2/13/2012, 07:16 AM
And, I thought it was a good episode last night.

dwarthog
2/13/2012, 10:52 AM
Definitely some good stuff with this episode.

Herschel's eye's are opened up to the menace finally, an new undesirable element, non-walkers, is in town creating a menace....

Next episode is looking like another winner!

cccasooner2
2/13/2012, 11:52 AM
The whole series is a bunch of crap, JMHO.

Pricetag
2/13/2012, 01:21 PM
Dang it, I never realized that. I'm not watching it any more.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/13/2012, 02:26 PM
Oh yeah, baby. Good stuff.

I got a thought. A gut feeling. Shane isn't dead yet. Shane won't be leaving the series any time soon. However, in his near maniacal way he's setting the bar in the way he thinks the group should be led which in turn is ramping up closer and closer to a Rick vs. Shane showdown. BUT here's where I think the series shifts from the book.

Shane doesn't die. Now. He leaves the group, finding like-minded individuals along the way (like the guys from Philly), setting up with others in a nice little town somewhere. They build walls, they build a skewed version of society, which in turn Rick and the group re-engage with at a point later down the road. In other words...

Shane becomes The Governor.

It's a gut feeling. Take it for what it's worth.

Pricetag
2/13/2012, 02:53 PM
That would be pretty sweet. Who knows what they'll do with Shane, since he's already come so much farther than he did in the comics.

I still think Carl has to kill Shane, though. He's talked a lot about how you have to do what you have to do, but he still hasn't actually done it yet.

8timechamps
2/13/2012, 06:44 PM
I thought it was a really good episode. I think Shane realizes that he's alienating everyone. He'll either move on without the group, or get killed by one of the members.

Loved the bar scene. I thought that a new character was being introduced. Not fat Trey, but the other guy. He really seemed to be a decent guy looking for some stability. Well, at least until he pulled heat on Rick. That was the first time in a long time that Rick looked like a badass. Nice to see.

The story line with Glen is pretty humorous. A nice change of pace.

Can't wait for next week though...

Boomer.....
2/13/2012, 08:19 PM
I thought the new episode was slow. They have been on the farm way too long.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/13/2012, 09:00 PM
If they stick to a general storyline like the book, they won't be on the farm long.

In fact, from a few preview flashes, I'm thinking their time on the farm is coming to an end at least in this second half, if not pretty soon.

ouleaf
2/13/2012, 09:13 PM
Good episode. Thought it was interesting to see Dale do some talking behind Shane's back for the first time. That could bring some more conflict between Shane and the group. I hope they leave the farm, but what about Lori's baby. Seems like they would want to stay put with a baby on the way. Also Rick being so adamant about not letting strangers into the farm makes it seem like he would want to stay put. Unless something happens where they have no choice but to move on, it will be an intriguing twist if they do move on.

8timechamps
2/13/2012, 09:15 PM
If they stick to a general storyline like the book, they won't be on the farm long.

In fact, from a few preview flashes, I'm thinking their time on the farm is coming to an end at least in this second half, if not pretty soon.

Mazzara kind of eluded to that last night (on the Talking Dead). However, if Lori is banged up, I don't see them going anywhere soon.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/13/2012, 09:25 PM
You guys are forgetting a key thing that's been going down a LOT here lately.

Gunshots.

Remember what gunshots do? And there's been a TON right in the heart of the farm.

My thought is that leaving the farm isn't by choice, it's by necessity.

8timechamps
2/13/2012, 10:35 PM
You guys are forgetting a key thing that's been going down a LOT here lately.

Gunshots.

Remember what gunshots do? And there's been a TON right in the heart of the farm.

My thought is that leaving the farm isn't by choice, it's by necessity.

Good point. By the looks of next weeks show, there's a bit of a shootout in town too...that could make it tough to leave.

Boomer.....
2/13/2012, 11:15 PM
I thought about that as well as them yelling in the bar.

One thing that struck me as odd was when the arm fell off the truck and the blonde girl went back to pick it up. Could there be something to that? It doesn't seem like much, but I was wondering why they even showed it.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/13/2012, 11:31 PM
Maybe it's to show how far Andrea has come? How she's gone from once fearful young woman to someone who's dangerously (and quickly) adapting to the environment they're in.

Or maybe they're going to be attacked by giant zombie arms.

Pricetag
2/14/2012, 01:14 AM
Maybe it's to show how far Andrea has come? How she's gone from once fearful young woman to someone who's dangerously (and quickly) adapting to the environment they're in.
That's how I read it. She picked up a dismembered arm and tossed it into the back of the truck like a piece of firewood. Rick unflinchingly killed the first new people they had encountered in weeks. This is the world they live in. Shane has done it in a more "in your face" manner than the others (not to mention that his starting point was closer, anyway), but they're all changing.

Jacie
2/14/2012, 10:11 AM
Lori may lose the baby after rolling the car which eliminates Rick's argument with Herschel about them needing to stay.

Catch the line from Carl, that he would have shot Sophia if it had come to that?

ouwasp
2/14/2012, 03:50 PM
here's one thing I'm wondering about... in one of the clips right before the show, Daryl was shown with his pistol pointing at the camera... he says something like "Good-bye, brother"...

Who is getting put down? It won't be Rick. Daryl wouldn't call Shane brother, unless it is in a SA fashion. I'm thinking T-Dog...wonder when this will happen? also, seems like a horde of zeds are breaking through a fence of a type that would be around Hershel's farm.

Jacie
2/14/2012, 04:50 PM
here's one thing I'm wondering about... in one of the clips right before the show, Daryl was shown with his pistol pointing at the camera... he says something like "Good-bye, brother"...

Who is getting put down? It won't be Rick. Daryl wouldn't call Shane brother, unless it is in a SA fashion. I'm thinking T-Dog...wonder when this will happen? also, seems like a horde of zeds are breaking through a fence of a type that would be around Hershel's farm.

Probably his one-handed brother whom we haven't seen since season 1 . . .

Pricetag
2/14/2012, 05:42 PM
Yep, it could definitely be Merle.

8timechamps
2/14/2012, 06:11 PM

I think Merle is long gone, but the "visions" of Merle will continue to haunt Daryl. So, I'm thinking it's going to be another vision/dream, and Daryl is forced to shoot Merle in an effort to save the group.

Also, I wish T-Dog had a bigger role. Outside of him cutting his arm and losing his mind for a minute, he's just been a worker bee. Still don't know much about his past, or life pre-zombification.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/14/2012, 06:18 PM
And I don't care. His name is frickin' T-Dog. That's retarded.

8timechamps
2/14/2012, 06:42 PM

Do we even know what the "T" stands for?

Tulsa_Fireman
2/14/2012, 07:27 PM
Testicles.

8timechamps
2/14/2012, 07:34 PM
Theblackguy

the_ouskull
2/14/2012, 08:46 PM

Relevant. Scroll down to the first pic.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/120/1200710p1.html

ouwasp
2/16/2012, 10:02 PM
Probably his one-handed brother whom we haven't seen since season 1 . . .

Naw, they're not gonna bring Merle back to get popped by his bro. At least I doubt it. Still think it is Mr. Dog... and by the way, the quote was "Sorry, brother..."

soonerhubs
2/18/2012, 08:51 PM
Rick is a bad ***.

I Am Right
2/18/2012, 09:40 PM
They drew first. Pick up body parts and rub themselves with tainted blood, but don't drink the water.

ouleaf
2/20/2012, 09:03 PM
Great episode last night....Lori trying to manipulate Rick into getting rid of Shane. Honestly starting to feel bad for Shane with all the talking going on behind his back. Could not for the life of me understand why they saved that Randall guy after killing the two guys in the bar earlier. Pretty sure Randall was just shooting at them. Not sure where they are going to go with the Daryl and Carol storyline. Really can't wait for next weeks episode.

Pricetag
2/20/2012, 11:01 PM
So much movement happened on so many plot points last night that I came to this thread unable to decide what to talk about.

Shane and Andrea were worrying about war with the guys from Philly, but it's already happening. Randall is a prisoner of war. I think Rick is treating him accordingly. It was also a demonstration of the difference between Rick and Shane, a bit of humanity in a situation that had gotten completely out of hand, even considering the environment.

I can't imagine how Randall would retain any allegiance to his friends after what they left him to. He probably actually saw the guy that Hershel dropped get his face bitten off before he was torn to pieces.

Maggie just ran right on by Hershel to get to Glenn when they got back, didn't she?

Shane is an interesting character. His refusal to remain in the background with Lori and the baby comes off as wrong given his shady side, but how can you blame him?

I was creeped out by Lori's talk with Rick there at the end. It was very Shane-esque. She didn't tell any lies, but she came off as very manipulative nonetheless, like she wants Rick to clean up her mess. Judging by the look on Rick's face at the end, it worked.

SoonerAtKU
2/21/2012, 12:00 PM
I think I saw the prison gates in the preview for the next episode. I was hoping they'd get to that point this season, and this could be a good start.

SicEmBaylor
2/23/2012, 06:32 AM
Grimes is a man who knows how to deal with yankees!

ouwasp
2/24/2012, 01:16 AM
I know it won't/can't happen, but I wish Shane and Andrea would just drive off into the sunset together.

They are bewildered by everyone else's actions and find themselves at odds with any and everything. Shane is clinically delusional if he believes Lori and the baby will have anything further to do with him.

Geez, just leave already.

ouleaf
2/27/2012, 09:32 AM
Pretty good episode last night....finally got to see lots o' zombie killing which was good. The fight between Shane and Rick was intense. Wonder if it almost would have been better for the story if it were Rick that got trapped in the bus and Shane looked like he was going to run away and then come back to save him. The little war of words between Andrea and Lori was pretty awesome too. Nice twist with the Randall character too.

Pricetag
2/27/2012, 11:32 AM
When Rick killed the one walker by shooting through the dead one's mouth, that was pure greatness. I thought it was interesting the way that one was swatting his gun away before--walkers seem a tad bit smarter than Romero zombies.

The two police walkers were pretty important to the story.

I don't know if Rick was really planning on leaving Shane or not, but if he was, the symbolism of them made him go back for him.

No bites on those walkers, Shane pointed out. Either Rick is right about the scratches, or you don't have to be infected by a walker to become one after death.

Frozen Sooner
2/27/2012, 02:24 PM
No bites on those walkers, Shane pointed out. Either Rick is right about the scratches, or you don't have to be infected by a walker to become one after death.

Logically, there has to be an unbitten biter at some point. Unless it's zombies all the way down.

However, Shane cutting his hand and rubbing it ALL OVER a place where zombies had just been rubbing seemed like a massively stupid thing to do.

Pricetag
2/27/2012, 03:14 PM
Logically, there has to be an unbitten biter at some point. Unless it's zombies all the way down.

However, Shane cutting his hand and rubbing it ALL OVER a place where zombies had just been rubbing seemed like a massively stupid thing to do.
Heh, which came first, the zombie, or the . . .egg?

Any kind of voluntary cutting in a world no longer producing antibiotics isn't very smart, though.

8timechamps
2/27/2012, 04:13 PM
Great episode.

Where the hell is Herschel?

I liked Andrea for a long time, but I'm over that. She's as delusional as Shane, and fits perfect with him. I'm not a huge Lori fan, but I'd choose her over Andrea in that situation. At least Lori tries to put some stability into the group.

All of the hatred toward Randall seems a little unfounded to me. I know he was with the group, and apparently shooting at Rick, Glenn and Herschel, but given the situation it's a little understandable. Otherwise, he seems sorta harmless. I believe his story, and that he just latched onto the previous group because he was alone. Seems like they would be a little more understanding (at least Rick). Still not sure if he'll end up as part of the group or not.

Rick's 'through-one-head-into-another' shot was pure greatness. I also liked when Shane stuck his knife in the zombie's head and couldn't get it out. I knew he was going to get out of the situation, but that made it a little more intense.

Shane is in a dark place, no doubt. It's going to be really hard for his character to go from where he is, back to a trustworthy member of the group. It'll be interesting to see how, or if that happens.

Next week looks awesome!

ouwasp
2/27/2012, 08:00 PM
I don't think Shane is gonna "come around"... I predict this will end badly for him. Too bad, because the character has added a lot to the group until his behavior has gotten more bizarre.

The Randall issue seems fishy. He spent a week or so recuperating at Hershel's farm and never revealed that he knew the family? Maggie didn't remember him or look in an old yearbook?

The abscence of all the other characters seemed awkward. Did the storyline even offer up a where-they-were scenario?

But the zombie combat was all good. :tennis:

So when will what Dr. Jenner whispered be revealed? At the end of season two? :nonchalance:

SicEmBaylor
2/27/2012, 08:19 PM

I thought they mentioned this in the first season at the CDC. I'd have to go back and watch to be sure, but I thought the scientist there talked a bit about "Patient Zero" who was the inital carrier.

Pricetag
2/27/2012, 09:56 PM
I thought they mentioned this in the first season at the CDC. I'd have to go back and watch to be sure, but I thought the scientist there talked a bit about "Patient Zero" who was the inital carrier.
Jenner showed them the research on TS (test subject) 19, his wife. I don't remember him talking about the origin of it.

I'm down on Andrea, too, mostly because she's a poseur. Shane does his thing unapolgetically. Andrea tries to be all rough and tough, but when something serious happens, she loses it. Case in point the suicidal girl. She argues strongly for the girl's right to end her life, lets her go, and then kinda freaked out when something bad happened, only to discover she was right in the end.

SicEmBaylor
2/29/2012, 06:51 AM
I laughed my *** off when Rick was telling Shane that, come winter, they could maybe look for some snow mobiles to get around in if there is as much snow as last winter.

HAHAHAHA, yeah, I bet snow mobiles will be a piece of cake to find in Georgia. :D

Boomer.....
2/29/2012, 08:35 AM
Maybe it's me, but I do not recognize that girl who went into shock and tried to slit her wrist. I'm sure she was with the family before, but she doesn't look familiar.

Also, where has T-dog been the last few episodes? They might have shown him once.

SoonerJack
2/29/2012, 12:41 PM
I laughed my *** off when Rick was telling Shane that, come winter, they could maybe look for some snow mobiles to get around in if there is as much snow as last winter.

HAHAHAHA, yeah, I bet snow mobiles will be a piece of cake to find in Georgia. :D

I thought the same thing. Snowmobiles in Georgia? Seriously. Now if they would have said dirt bikes, yes. But snowmobiles? good gravy