PDA

View Full Version : Bill O'Reilly's New Book

SicEmBaylor
10/17/2011, 11:24 PM
I watched this blowhard SOB for the first time in more than a year tonight, and I saw that he's pimping his new book, "Killing Lincoln." I obviously haven't read the book, so can someone tell me if he is pro or con?

Blue
10/18/2011, 12:20 AM
WGAS? He's a moron.

"F it! Will do it Live!"

OhU1
10/18/2011, 12:49 PM
O'Reilly is just a typical TV or radio guy who speaks well but has no special insight into anything. For another example see the crying high school grad Glen Beck.

I doubt O'Reilly, Beck, Limbaugh, or Palin ever "wrote a book" anyway. These books are ghost written and marketed with the celebrity’s photo on the book cover. Even JFK used a ghost writer.

O'Reilly's proof for Jesus: "Tides come in, tides go out. You just can't explain that."

Midtowner
10/18/2011, 01:00 PM
O'Reilly's proof for Jesus: "Tides come in, tides go out. You just can't explain that."

Yo dawg, they's Jesus powered.

badger
10/18/2011, 02:03 PM
I saw Bill O'Reilly do a cameo on Iron Man 2 when NP and I finally Netflix'd it a few night ago. It was cute because he was being a caricature of himself, with the talking point "Virginia is a pinhead!" referring to the CEO Stark just appointed.

Blue
10/19/2011, 12:37 AM
O'Reilly is just a typical TV or radio guy who speaks well but has no special insight into anything. For another example see the crying high school grad Glen Beck.

I doubt O'Reilly, Beck, Limbaugh, or Palin ever "wrote a book" anyway. These books are ghost written and marketed with the celebrity’s photo on the book cover. Even JFK used a ghost writer.

And add to that every liberal ******* on every network and newspaper.

OhU1
10/19/2011, 10:19 AM
And add to that every liberal ******* on every network and newspaper. Yes, I agree. Except maybe Al Franken. Franken was a comedy writer so he probably wrote his own books. (I would hope any newspaper guy of either political ilk would write their own books).

TheHumanAlphabet
10/19/2011, 12:14 PM
I doubt O'Reilly, Beck, Limbaugh, or Palin ever "wrote a book" anyway. These books are ghost written and marketed with the celebrity’s photo on the book cover. Even Obama used a ghost writer. Biden just plagiarizes...

FIFY

badger
10/19/2011, 12:22 PM
I have not enjoyed too many Michael Moore moments, but when he took Bill O'Reilly's book for kids and read passages to a Democratic audience ahead of the Kerry fail, it was quite hilarious. Hell, anyone could have read that sh!t out loud and it would have been funny:

uUTSruE-wVQ

AlboSooner
10/19/2011, 12:28 PM
Bill O can be harsh and irrational at times, but most of the time he's a patriot, a realist. If he ever left Fox, we'd see a more clear picture of him as a centrist, or a right-leaning centrist. Right now, he has to play to his audience.

While he's no apologist of the Christian faith, he's brands himself as a traditionalist. I like him, despite his ego. His books are usually well-written.

GottaHavePride
10/19/2011, 12:36 PM
I saw O'Reilly on Letterman a few years back. He basically said everything is an act to drive ratings. Seemed like an intelligent guy taking advantage of his position while he has it.

OhU1
10/19/2011, 01:21 PM
I saw O'Reilly on Letterman a few years back. He basically said everything is an act to drive ratings. Seemed like an intelligent guy taking advantage of his position while he has it.

I saw Rush Limbaugh on Leno years back and he seems much the same way.

I usually enjoy watching O'Reilly except when he thinks he is Nancy Grace and starts offering legal opinions on criminal cases. He is not very sound on science or theology either but few media types are. F'CK IT! WE'LL DO IT LIVE!

TheHumanAlphabet
10/19/2011, 02:10 PM
F'CK IT! WE'LL DO IT LIVE!

Greatest line ever...