PDA

View Full Version : OU versus Texas Tech

ouflak
10/17/2011, 10:36 AM
Over/Under, yardage, and all the extra assorted bets to come. As always, suggestions welcome!

badger
10/17/2011, 10:50 AM
A note to SF.com posters:

The gravy train is gonna end.

Right now, you all have bilked vBookie outta 600,000 in vCash to-date. Yes, that is the difference between what you have vBet and what we have vPaid out.

Mark my words, SF.com, your luck will come to an end soon.

So please, continue your false sense of security as you see the vRich get vRicher and the vPoor obtain middle class status.

And please, don't "Occupy vBookie" when that day comes :D

Lott's Bandana
10/18/2011, 08:33 AM
I've been meaning to ask this for a while.

Example:

Above you have Texas Tech at 1/1, as well as OU by 28 at 1/1.

Does that mean the Texas Tech is straight up/moneyline, no points, or is Tech getting their 28 points on this bet? If Tech (or Arizona in another thread) aren't getting the points, why would anyone bet that play?

Please clarify like butter...

badger
10/18/2011, 08:42 AM
a word on payout and point spreads:

Flak takes the vegas lines, which is, the favored team has negative points behind it. I'm not a vegas like person, so I would have listed favored OU like this: "OU by 28."

"OU by 28" is the same as "OU: -28"

Flak and I have already decided to be extremely generous and make it so that if there is ever a push (i.e. if OU wins by exactly 28 points), we will vPayout both sides.

If Tech were to win or to lose by 28 points or less, we'd vPayout the Tech side of this vBet.

Also, when you see 1/1 payout, this does NOT mean that you just get your vCash back if you win this vBet. It means you DOUBLE your vCash if you win the vBet. Here's some numbers for you, if you bet 100 vCash on the following odds:

1/1: Pay in 100, win 200 (net 100)
1/2: Pay in 100, win 150 (net 50)
2/1: Pay in 100, win 300 (net 200)
3/1: Pay in 100, win 400 (net 300)
1/4: Pay in 100, win 125 (net 25)
1/100: Pay in 100, win 101 (net 1)
1/anything above 100: Pay in 100, win 100 (net zero)

That last one is why when I want to close certain options, I set the payout insanely low (usually 1/10000). That way, it is not to your advantage to vBet at all.

If you see changing payouts on some vBets during the week, rest assured, whatever payout you originally vBet on you will still receive. However, as circumstances change (not even vBets on options, or too many), we might change the payout to impact you all a little... either to encourage or discourage more vBets.

And by the way... my sig line? 100 percent accurate. The vBettors have vCashed in the past two weekends to the extreme and are currently about 600k ahead in this game (as in, they have vWon 600k more than paid in). So, I'd say our odds are pretty fair for you, unfair for us :D

Lott's Bandana
10/18/2011, 09:03 AM
Thanks Badj.

So betting on Tceh is also giving me the +28.

Got it, thanks for clarifying.

badger
10/18/2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks Badj.

So betting on Tceh is also giving me the +28.

Got it, thanks for clarifying.

I have no idea what that means because I'm not a vegas person, but if you mean +28 means Tech has 28-point cushion to lose by, yes! :D

OhU1
10/18/2011, 10:30 AM
A note to SF.com posters:

The gravy train is gonna end.

Right now, you all have bilked vBookie outta 600,000 in vCash to-date. Yes, that is the difference between what you have vBet and what we have vPaid out.

Mark my words, SF.com, your luck will come to an end soon.

So please, continue your false sense of security as you see the vRich get vRicher and the vPoor obtain middle class status.

And please, don't "Occupy vBookie" when that day comes :D

Yeah I've multiplied my vMoney 34 times over in 3 weeks. This is the opposite of the stock market!

ouflak
10/18/2011, 05:56 PM
Sorry to be a bit late replying. Basically I am using standard Vegas style betting lines. That format usually is:

Away team: Spread if they are favored
@Home team: Spread if they are favored

... posting no specific spread for the underdog.

So for example, if OU were playing at Michigan next week, I would likely post something like:

OU: -6
@Michigan

If TCU was playing at USC next week, the post would likely look like:

TCU:
@USC: -9.5

I will never post an underdog spread as it can cause confusion and is not standard. I can change that if I think there is a problem with understanding how things work, however so far I've had no complaints. But please, if anybody has any questions about any of this, please ask!

boomersooner28
10/18/2011, 10:27 PM
Badg, anytime you want to start your own real money bookie site, let me know. I'll quit my job. :smile:

ouflak
10/20/2011, 04:38 AM
Updated the bets. May put some individual stuff up later.

badger
10/20/2011, 08:11 AM
Badg, anytime you want to start your own real money bookie site, let me know. I'll quit my job. :smile:

I really hope this fake betting doesn't encourage you all to try your hand at real money. Most places will not offer as high payouts for as crazy things as we are... however, if you find your over/unders and point spreads are working out for you, you might have a chance. However, you might not, because vegas pays 9/10ths, not 1 to 1.

Ton Loc
10/20/2011, 09:17 AM
If I could replicate my results in real life I would have quit my job the first week. :encouragement:

But I know from experience this is not the case.

badger
10/20/2011, 10:34 AM
About the only way you would be able to tell if you could do the vegas thing is if you bet on nothing but the (real, not flak or badger-manipulated) point spreads and not the side bet fun (Kevin Wilson winning for 50 to 1 payout, for example... but that's really vCash down the drain regardless, poor KW).

Even then, we don't change point spreads and over/unders during the week like vegas does, so you have to factor that in too. By now, I'm sure Vegas has tinkered with LSU/Auburn by now to reflect their off-field stupidity, for example.