PDA

View Full Version : OU WR Sets NCAA Record

Dan Thompson
10/16/2011, 11:39 PM
That or something like it should have been one of the headlines in the Sunday LA Times, but they did not mention anything about Broyles breaking the record.

There was not even the AP recap of the game!

I HATE the LATimes as much as I HATE USC.

Jason Alexander
10/17/2011, 01:51 AM
People in SoCal barely care about UCLA/USC. Why would the times put an okie in the headlines?

AlbqSooner
10/17/2011, 07:08 AM
There was a time when being a receiver at OU meant NO chance at any recognition. Wishbone fullbacks got more noteriety.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/17/2011, 08:09 AM
You must have read the early edition...

Record for Sooner

Oklahoma All-American Ryan Broyles became the NCAA's career receptions leader, Landry Jones threw for 363 yards and three scores and the Sooners rolled to a 47-17 victory over host Kansas in a game that ended late Saturday night.

Broyles finished with 13 catches for a school-record 217 yards, including a 57-yard touchdown grab midway through the second quarter. The catch broke former Purdue standout Taylor Stubblefield's record of 316 receptions — Broyles finished the game with 326 in his career.

The senior from Norman, Okla., added another TD catch in the fourth quarter, giving him 44 for his career. He came into the game tied with former Oklahoma State star Rashaun Woods for the Big 12 mark.

Dominique Whaley added 165 yards rushing and a touchdown, and Michael Hunnicutt hit all four of his field-goal attempts for the Sooners (6-0, 3-0), who didn't put away the Jayhawks (2-4, 0-3) until Broyles' second touchdown catch with 10:22 remaining in the fourth quarter.

Copyright © 2011, Los Angeles Times

Mad Dog Madsen
10/17/2011, 08:21 AM
OU is sooooo mistreated! LA Times won't show us any love! ESPN hates us! I don't care if all we do is win, I just wan't newspapers, magazines, TV shows etc. to give us credit! F*ck all the wins, broken records and championships! Just talk about OU please! :tickled_pink:

Dan Thompson
10/17/2011, 08:53 AM
Well come to think of it, the game did end pretty late, so they probably did not make the dead line for the Sunday morning delivery.

I still hate them.

SoonerMom2
10/17/2011, 10:38 AM
Was in Denver for a long weekend and the Denver Post I picked up at the airport on the way back yesterday had nothing about our game but covered OSU/UT a lot. Then it hit me our game was too late. The funny part was that none of their main Colorado colleges won on Saturday as they all lost big which was front page of the Post Sports section. Looks like they still cover the Big 12 in Denver. They were also talking about CSU's coach being fired as they have gotten so bad.