PDA

View Full Version : Agree or disagree with Ivan Maisel?

booomer
10/16/2011, 09:27 PM
Cowboys good, but not among elite

AUSTIN, Texas -- No. 6 Oklahoma State is straight out of reality TV, "Jersey Shore" somehow moved to the prairie. The Cowboys are not conventional. They are volatile. Their stars can go off at any moment. They dress well. (OK, maybe not "Jersey Shore.")

But reality TV, as entertaining as it is, doesn't measure up to the best the medium has to offer. The Cowboys defeated No. 22 Texas 38-26, their second victory over a ranked Big 12 rival on the road in their last three games. But they have yet to play at the same level as the teams ranked ahead of them.

the rest of the story..... (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7108558/oklahoma-state-cowboys-not-ready-national-championship-contention)

Memtig14
10/16/2011, 09:54 PM
OK

CowboyMRW
10/16/2011, 10:00 PM
Meh, we played a terrible game and still won by double digits.

silverwheels
10/16/2011, 10:07 PM
Gooner media conspiracy, obvs.

AlboSooner
10/16/2011, 10:07 PM
Sounds like Gundy agrees with Maisel.

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 10:19 PM
I agree with Gumby

"Alabama and LSU and Oklahoma are playing better than anybody else in the country, in my opinion," Gundy said. "They are playing really good on defense. They are scoring points. We've got another month-and-a-half of this thing to go, but I don't think there's any question that they should be where they are at right now."

SunnySooner
10/16/2011, 10:20 PM
Gym, tan, sheep.

picasso
10/16/2011, 10:24 PM
Gym, tan, sheep, gel, cuss out Norm Abram. Repeat..
fixed

rainiersooner
10/16/2011, 10:50 PM
Agree but also think Gundy's shades are gay.

47straight
10/16/2011, 10:57 PM
Gym, tan, sheep.

Dude that's funy.

TrophyCollector
10/16/2011, 11:56 PM
If OU is "behind" bama / lsu because its defense isn't quite as good, then I think it would be fair to say that a team with the 100th rated defense in the NCAA is not elite.

cleller
10/17/2011, 08:35 AM
I agree with the message the article sends. Gundy said what everyone one else thinks, too. Right now its a 3 team grab for the top spot, then the rest.
I actually feel a little sorry for Blackmon. He gave a good interview there, only to have it linked to a story saying he and his boys are not worthy.
In Norman, we'd take the pokes down, no trouble. Going up to Stillwater AGAIN, worries me this year, just like it did last year.

soonervegas
10/17/2011, 08:56 AM
OSU isn't as good as the top 3, especially defensively. The good news for them is they only have to be once, at home, and they are playing for a National Title.

gernblansten
10/17/2011, 10:06 AM
OSU isn't as good as the top 3, especially defensively. The good news for them is they only have to be once, at home, and they are playing for a National Title.

This. And that home game will likely be at night, too.

Breadburner
10/17/2011, 10:13 AM
fixed

Could you add "sue the trim carpenter" To that.....

Sooner_Tuf
10/17/2011, 10:53 AM

They moved the title game to Stillwater?

Landthief 1972
10/17/2011, 10:57 AM
Oh good, another comment by an ESPN mouthpiece about the oh-so-young Cows. GMAFB.

SoonerNutt
10/17/2011, 11:12 AM
This. And that home game will likely be at night, too.

You might be overlooking a very good Wisconsin team that is probably going to be undefeated. If oSu beats OU in Stilly, they likely still won't surpass UW. And one of Bama/LSU will likely be in the NC game.

If oSu wins out, they could very easily still be shut out of the NC game.

Hell, so could we. Every time we have a lackluster performance, we give voters a chance to rank UW ahead of us.

IBleedCrimson
10/17/2011, 01:09 PM
You might be overlooking a very good Wisconsin team that is probably going to be undefeated. If oSu beats OU in Stilly, they likely still won't surpass UW. And one of Bama/LSU will likely be in the NC game.

Hell, so could we. Every time we have a lackluster performance, we give voters a chance to rank UW ahead of us.

how about no. SOS puts an undeafeated winner of bedlam in. no way voters offset the computers by enough to let that happen.

picasso
10/17/2011, 01:28 PM
I agree with the message the article sends. Gundy said what everyone one else thinks, too. Right now its a 3 team grab for the top spot, then the rest.
I actually feel a little sorry for Blackmon. He gave a good interview there, only to have it linked to a story saying he and his boys are not worthy.
In Norman, we'd take the pokes down, no trouble. Going up to Stillwater AGAIN, worries me this year, just like it did last year.
Gundy is using coachspeak. He doesn't want his players to get the big head ala their fans at the moment.

CowboyMRW
10/17/2011, 01:32 PM

I think someone missed the BCS show last night where OU/OSU are 3/4. Wisconsins SOS is going to keep dropping them

NMSooner'80
10/17/2011, 01:32 PM
Cowboys good, but not among elite

AUSTIN, Texas -- No. 6 Oklahoma State is straight out of reality TV, "Jersey Shore" somehow moved to the prairie. The Cowboys are not conventional. They are volatile. Their stars can go off at any moment. They dress well. (OK, maybe not "Jersey Shore.")

But reality TV, as entertaining as it is, doesn't measure up to the best the medium has to offer. The Cowboys defeated No. 22 Texas 38-26, their second victory over a ranked Big 12 rival on the road in their last three games. But they have yet to play at the same level as the teams ranked ahead of them.

the rest of the story..... (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7108558/oklahoma-state-cowboys-not-ready-national-championship-contention)

The followup question is, has Maisel been accused of being a "Gooner homer" yet by the Payne County Mafia?

btb916
10/17/2011, 08:53 PM
I think someone missed the BCS show last night where OU/OSU are 3/4. Wisconsins SOS is going to keep dropping them

No kidding. If OSU/OU are undefeated on December 3, there's no way in HELL Wisconsin jumps OSU. Who on earth does Wisconsin have left to play, anyway? Sheesh. The Big 10 is not any good this year and everyone on earth knows it except people drunk on cheese.

mdklatt
10/17/2011, 08:57 PM
No kidding. If OSU/OU are undefeated on December 3, there's no way in HELL Wisconsin jumps OSU.

Wisconsin will have an extra game to make up some ground.

rock on sooner
10/17/2011, 09:11 PM
btb916, being drunk on that cheese is outa sight!

VA Sooner
10/17/2011, 09:14 PM
Gundy is sneaky... he's keeping his players at bay and not letting them buy into the hype.

Piware
10/17/2011, 10:43 PM
OK Ivan. They might win - or not. Don't know why Gundy doesn't have to frame everything with "in my opinion".

I'm surprised the Pukes aren't passing out Big XII championship bracelets yet. They had a whole bunch of them in boxes the year WMPO was introduced and didn't need them.

Breadburner
10/17/2011, 11:32 PM
I'm sure they have their co-national champion bracelets in the design stage now......

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/18/2011, 12:17 AM
I'm sure they have their co-national champion bracelets in the design stage now......The one that says if they had been in the title game, they woulda won it?

AlboSooner
10/18/2011, 10:02 AM
Both Maisel and Gundy are pushing their agendas. Gundy and Maisel know that if OU wins, it will go to the NC, regardless of what Wisconsin does or what Stanford does. Now Maisel hopes that if OU loses, then people would give Stanford a shot to the NC and not Okie State. Maisel is a Stanford alumnus.

Gundy on the other hand knows this scenario and wants to make sure that if his team beats one of those three elite teams, it should have a shot at the NC. He knows Okie St is not popular around the nation, and Stanford would make a strong and effective push to replace the Pokes if the Pokes knocked out OU.
/tinfoil hat